Should Stratovarius continue and make a new album?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Should Stratovarius continue and make a new album?

YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes: 113

Lurdi
Re: Should Stratovarius continue and make a new album?

Post by Lurdi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:37 pm

Time will tell. Just give them an opportunity to show us what they can do.

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:00 pm

Lurdi wrote:Time will tell. Just give them an opportunity to show us what they can do.
If they want and can do anything... :(
This whole situation is so sad...:(

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:02 pm

Oh yes they can do 8)

cliff

Post by cliff » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Mmm. my feeling about this situation, with 2 sentences.

Sometimes you wake up, found this cool album on your MP3 player, start listening to it and feel really proud of the great music that this band used to play, and you're proud to be still their fan.
And sometimes, you wake up, switch on your computer, check this band forum, read some things or notice some pp's attitude, and just regret the whole "I used to be such a fan of them" story.
Better go back to sleep... :cry:

Even Matti Nykänen life was less pathetic than THAT.
<b>This is wrong</b>

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:58 pm

cliff wrote:Mmm. my feeling about this situation, with 2 sentences.

Sometimes you wake up, found this cool album on your MP3 player, start listening to it and feel really proud of the great music that this band used to play, and you're proud to be still their fan.
And sometimes, you wake up, switch on your computer, check this band forum, read some things or notice some pp's attitude, and just regret the whole "I used to be such a fan of them" story.
Better go back to sleep... :cry:

Even Matti Nykänen life was less pathetic than THAT.
Hey cliff :cry:

The same here. I just hope Jens and the others start to make good music and forget all that shit. U r right, my friend.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:23 pm

Agreed too with cliff.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:04 am

mmarton88 wrote:If they want and can do anything... :( This whole situation is so sad...:(
Willing and able! 8)

There is just no really good news to report, not quite yet anyway.

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:01 am

time will tell after all...(but right now is blood will tell in the forum :? )

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:32 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
mmarton88 wrote:If they want and can do anything... :( This whole situation is so sad...:(
Willing and able! 8)

There is just no really good news to report, not quite yet anyway.
Jens, great respect for your frankness, but you could report just something..) For instance, if you`ve wrote a single note of a new song or you`ve had a short converstion about the whole thing with someone of guys. I suppose people are hungry for every little piece of news and without it they wil just feel they`re supporting a ghost band +_+

weiki73

Post by weiki73 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:19 pm

Jens said in another post that he's already writing new stuff for the band...all we have to do is wait (I hope not too much time :D )

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:42 pm

R.F. wrote: Jens, great respect for your frankness, but you could report just something..) For instance, if you`ve wrote a single note of a new song or you`ve had a short converstion about the whole thing with someone of guys. I suppose people are hungry for every little piece of news and without it they wil just feel they`re supporting a ghost band +_+
Exactly.

weiki73, that is not enough! :P
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:51 am

lets start him out with a single note: A3

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:29 am

icecab21 wrote:lets start him out with a single note: A3
G2

Keep 'em coming. :lol:

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Mormegil wrote:
icecab21 wrote:lets start him out with a single note: A3
G2

Keep 'em coming. :lol:
D2 +_+

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:59 am

D3

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:31 am

The more I'm thinking of it, the more I'm become sure that this 4 guys have to continue with the name Stratovarius. Now the fans want Stratovarius and one other band(Re Re) instead of 2 other bands (and 0 Stratovarius:)). T.T. was the heart of the band but Pink Flyd could contiue without Roger Waters and Dokken could continue without G. Lynch. If the next Stratovarius album will be not so good that's still OK. Because on the tour we will see our favourite band with our favourite songs. With a new band 1/3 of the Setlist would be Stratovarius songs (Like R.R.) but if the name remains the same, they play much more Strato songs. Yes I know that with a new band they also can do a 100% Strato show but I think the name must remains the same...

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 am

Rebel wrote:D3
E7 chord

this is fun!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

FrightNight

Post by FrightNight » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:35 pm

No,

because TT has written over 90% of Stratovarius material and although he wasn't original member, he was member of it from year 1984 to this year, long before TK, JJ, JM and LP joined it. Additionally I don't trust in TK's song writing skills very much (sorry TK, you are GREAT singer, but not very good songwriter). Can you imagine Stratovarius playing Sleep well my baby :err:. If that happens, it isn't same Stratovarius (then change name to Babyvarius or Sleepvarius :D). TK has been written also some good songs like Vizier, what is great and even "Strato-quality", but they are too few and he has been written some terrible songs like Sleep Well and some others (especially songs on Serenity-album). JJ has been composed also good songs like Glory of the World and Run Away. I have never heard songs composed by JM and LP, so I can't write about them.

I'm not saying, that it couldn't become good (even great) album by TK, JJ, JM, LP (and maybe new quitarist) and I appreciate them as a musician VERY much, but it isn't fair to continue under Stratovarius-name and play TT's songs (and get money from it) under it. It's same thing, when Tarja Turunen wanted to play Nightwish songs on her solo shows, which isn't fair in my opinion. In my opinion TT was even too indulgent, when he gave Strato's rights to TK, JJ and JM. Well, nobody can't blame him for selfishness or greediness about that thing.

If TK, JJ, JM and LP change the name it's ok, but definitely not under Stratovarius-name.

I'm neutral in this case and I'm not neither TT's or TK's/JJ's/JM's/LP's side, because they all are ones of greatest musicians of the world ever and my heroes. Tuomas Holopainen of Nightwish has been told in interview that "human relationships are most difficult thing in the world". I agree his opinion. Sometimes them just don't work.

This is only MY opinion, don't get angry about it! :)

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:57 pm

It's all up to them. We'll see if it becomes a flop or an incredible success, but as I have already said before, let's give them a chance to see what they can do.

hiro23

give them a chance

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:11 am

most the I've been hearing has either been pro TT or pro TK, JJ, LP, and JP
this is ridiculous guys let's stop picking sides, my opinion on this subject is let's support TT and his new band RR, also on the same note let's support the others in continuing stratovarius.
Let's have faith in their songwriting abilities and hope they come up with an album worthy of the name. I am confident they will because they have been in the band long enough to know what a strato song should sound like, if deep purple can do albums without blackmore then these guys can pull off a strato album.

so in closing I'll say that I intend to follow both camps, I'll buy RR albums and I'll buy strato albums with the new lineup.
I have high hopes for both camps.
metal feeds the beast

TwilightAngel

Post by TwilightAngel » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:50 am

browneyedgirl wrote:In a word: Certainly! :)
+1

:)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:38 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Having coffee and going back into the studio to work in an hour and a half
That is GREAT Jens. And sorry if I was too harsh with than comment, but hey...understand that we are suffering a flamewar here about our prefered musicians...and That's not good.

The best think you can do is go to studio and work and comment funny things here as you always do and start talking about something of you, the remaining.

We just wanna news, and not this flamewars.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:43 am

I can't see that JJ flamed anyone here even if he ought to have all the reasons in the world. He can't be blamed for what we think and say... :cry:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:05 pm

Stratowarius wrote:I cant see that JJ flamed anyone here even if he ought to have all the reasons in the world. He cant be blamed for what we think and say... :cry:
No, Stratowarius you don't understand me. I'm just saying that if we are waiting for news like the Soundi's one, if we KNOW they are gonna continue togheter, if we KNOW we are gonna have great music, don't you think it is better to talk about something positive instead of shit?

What do you prefer, see Jens and Tolkki here talking about the right waiver, legal issues, etc, etc or see Jens having fun here as always and talking about the things they are gonna do as they said in soundi? The same with Tolkki, he talks about positive and interesting things in RR forum.

I'm not saying that Jens is isnulting or flaming somebody, no. In fact, he is the one who never said nothing offensive.

I'm just trying to say that it's sad to read bad things and shit as we are reading in some topics.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Do you really want Mr Tolkki to come here with statement after statement where he blames the rest of the band for everything and drag in their girlfriends and things that happened years ago and that mostly was mr Tolkkis fault.And JJ andTK should not be allowed to ansver???JJ has said somewhere that he will tell you news when he has them and why can't you let it be there??? :roll: :roll: :shake:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Stratowarius wrote:Do you really want Mr Tolkki to come here with statement after statement where he blames the rest of the band for everything and drag in their girlfriends and things that happened years ago and that mostly was mr Tolkkis fault.And JJ andTK should not be allowed to ansver???JJ has said somewhere that he will tell you news when he has them and why cant you let it be there??? :roll: :roll: :shake:
Hey Stratowarius, forget all about it cause I think you don't understand what I'm trying to say.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:48 pm

I love you all :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Anyway I don't know why is Stratowarius pointing to me, the only thing I said to Tolkki and Jens was:
TimoTolkki, JensJohansson; why all this? Why all these kind of games, fakes, flamewars, shit, biasing people, etc, etc? Do you really think somebody is gonna trust in you?
Are you aware that you are digging your own grave?
Where is your talent now? Lost here? In stratoforums?
And Stratowarius is saying to me all that things.

:lol:

tennent's

Post by tennent's » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:39 pm

I voted YES.
I think they should use the name, especially after the last weird announcement from TT... :roll:
Actually (Strato or not) more important is the music they're going to make together(TK-JJ-JM-LP...MK? :P): JJ is working in studio right now, and that's great! 8)

phoenix666

Post by phoenix666 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:35 pm

in my opinion, yes they should. but what we still don't know for sure is that if they will continue like Stratovarius indeed or if they'll have to change band's name!

I just read from the internet that Timo Tolkki's gonna release a new album in 2009 under the name Stratovarius with the oldest members!!!! :?