Where is mr Tolkki????

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: Where is mr Tolkki????

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:27 am

Welcome back, Morko! :)
Some people can say what they want about you, but your insight is interesting! ;)
And, you do have guts! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:27 am

yeps things change, guess that means every statement will have to have that "subject to change" disclaimer or a "as of X time" disclaimer

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:56 am

RE&RE,Jul 26 2008, 08:20 PM wrote: Are you going to release this album with name stratovarius??

(Quote from TT)
Yes. It depends of the actions of my ex bandmates too. In the worst or best case, depending how you see it, I could be standing in a court in Helsinki for charges releasing a Stratovarius album
although I gave away all the rights to it. You might wonder the reasoning. It is all about morals here.
As I have explained, although I gave a way the name and the royalties perpetually to my ex-band mates (even to the albums they don't play in), it doesn't mean I think it is morally right to continue under the name Stratovarius without me.
So in the case I will be in court, I will not beed a lawyer, I will just admit that I am guilty and that means that I will have to pay a lot of money to my ex band mates. But I don't care about that. It's all about that 23 years and my vision. Money means nothing to me in this, but what is morally right means all. It is not just a name for me.

Well, here we have TTs answer, and it just hedges the issue. He does not give a definite answer now about doing the album, he just gives his opinion on the "morals" involved. And the remaining members use of the Stratovarius name. Hoo-Hum. :zzz: bitch, whine, gripe on Tolkki's part. :zzz: At least he is predictable now. :D

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 am

:lol:You are absolutely right BEG.What I cant understand is why some persons here cant see it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:07 pm

That’s because beg has no respect for people’s feelings or value systems in some cases lol.
What we can all learn from beg is that stating that someone has violated your personal value system makes you just a whiny bitch.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:19 pm

icecab21 wrote:That’s because beg has no respect for people’s feelings or value systems in some cases lol.
What we can all learn from beg is that stating that someone has violated your personal value system makes you just a whiny bitch.
Oh, like Tolkki? :D
Its OK when he does it, now ain't that right? =P
Thanks for the gender-oriented insult. You made my day.
And, what is a bitch? A female who expresses her thoughts? When a male like your idol Tolkki does it, whats that?

Funny. Other people on this board feel the same as I, and express it, too. Why is it, icecab21, you don't have the guts to confront them&call them bitches? :lol:
Everybody sees what you are doing, icecab21, don't worry. ;)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:29 pm

Stratowarius wrote::lol:You are absolutely right BEG.What I cant understand is why some persons here cant see it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think about it. You should know the answer. But, they are free to think what they want. Supposedly, everyone is. :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:33 pm

I’m using bitch as in "complain" not as a female. I don’t call anyone a bitch for expressing their thoughts. I don’t like the word and I don't think people should be called bitches or their feelings called bitching. I’m not defending tolkki as much as not wanting people to call each other bitches. I would not call you or you’re expressing yourself a bitch and would not like anyone to call you that, does that mean I idolize you? The word bitch needs to keep its meaning to mean a dog and not be applied to humans. stratovarius was part of tolkkis life for years longer than i ahve been alive, i dont think its simply bitching when he needs some time to adjust or has certain feelings to what the name and setting means to him.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:49 pm

:lol: If a bitch is someone that "complaines a lot" than you Icetruck must be the superbitches superbitch because that is the big impression you have given here. Complain, complain on everyone that doesn't like Mr Tolkkis lies and backslander on earlier friends. You may be young and naiv but someday I hope you will try to see things a little more nuanced and stop that eternal bitching :lol: :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:40 pm

I’ll fill my definition out more. I was thinking more along the lines as a spiteful complaint full of resentment and ill will. A single one of these would be a bitch and long term continuous and focused spitefullness and resentment would be bitching. With something like that I don’t think he is bitching now. a complaint about people calling that bitching is not a bitch because there is no ill will involed

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:41 pm

Well, people should not get so personally upset over a musician, or a band. Any band. Or, what people's personal thoughts are about them. Implying that someone is bitchy just because they express opinions about a band is going over the top. Even Tolkki would say, "Its just a rock band."
Actually, people accept New Era&RR more readily than some of the Tolkki-defenders have accepted New Stratovarius, like, using the name&carrying on/doing great without TT.
If you want bitchy, just read Brave Words&Bloody Knuckles magazine which gave RR a total embarassment award in their magazine. Now, thats bitchy!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 pm

Stratowarius wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: What are you saying. :lol: :lol: It is to much for me :cry:
Yeah, his last post is a tongue twister, thats for sure. :lol: But, we need more comedy on this board, I guess. :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:50 pm

say it 5 times fast

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 pm

:P :P :P Caboooom I disappeared and I suppose that Icetruck made me a bit confused so I used the wrong button.That was comedy :? :?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:00 pm

:toilet: :spin2: :spin2: :toilet:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:20 pm

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:26 pm

Can we really have angry cats on this "Talkes about Strato and other bands". :?: Are cats the others in the band or how can we defend us when the big POLIZEI comes :?: :idea:They are really funny by the way :lol: :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 pm

the first cat can be how the band has had some problems for teh last 5 years and stuck it out too long as a group when tolkki needed a new scene

well the second cat can be tollki's initial feelings towards some other members

the last one can be tt and jm and their relationship with tolkki

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:47 pm

:shock: I have studied them carefully and have an answer for the Polizei. The first is mr Tolkki when he tears all his statements to pieces. The second is when he curses the higher powers for what he has lost. In the third he bitterly thinks about why he cant come in here and talk for himself. :cry:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:54 am

:lol: I wonder how TT would feel about being compared to a cat? ??? Even cute ones like those. :)
Well, maybe a Tom Cat. ;)
They are pretty feisty.

Kotipelto Forum has a Cat Topic. I think I will post them there. They really are cute&funny! :D

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:42 am

I will not need a lawyer

No- a lawyer is not needed. A therapist perhaps, or even better, an exorcist.

Please stand by while I get my contact at the Vatican on the line.....they will be needed to determine whether or not this is either demonic posession, or most likely, narcissistic personality disorder.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:03 am

just as long as the exorcist comes after the music

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:19 am

:lol:
Oh man, we really need news...
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:25 am

LOL! The way Tolkki feels about Catholicism I don't think TT would agree to an exorcism. :lol:

@miditek, you left out Martyr Complex. ;) You'd have to read TTs last 2 posts on that thread in RR Forum to understand what I mean. ;)

In essence, what TT thinks might happen: "Poor TT. He&his Ex-bandmates from the past make an cool album together& the big, bad remaining Stratovarius guys sues him. Poor TT. :~( And he did not make anything for himself." Instant "martyrdom" with many fans.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:26 am

his ex band mates form the future don't get anything either. i read that he did not care about the money as much as doing this album his way. to me it seems more of a personal thing than anything else. strangly enough he gave away the name using logic that i can only see as being personal to him thus he is doing this stuff in a way that is personal to him again. i don't think not getting money from this project is something tolkki sees as a huge sacrifice just to have his principals fullfilled. everything really depends on what kind of lawsuit they throw at him as well. it seems they should just be able to get together and have a settlement agreement and do everything without ill will toward each other

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:25 am

Don't you think that mr Tolkki has to eat and pay his rent like we all do? Moral is good but often comes in after you have bread on the table. Big words can be lies and I wouldn't believe everything that is said in those matters. :(

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:27 pm

Stratowarius wrote:Dont you think that mr Tolkki has to eat and pay his rent like we all do?Moral is good but often comes in after you have bread on the table.Big words can be lies and I wouldnt believe everything that is said in those matters. :(
All things considered, Tolkki is smart. He knows that if a lawsuit is filed against him there will be an angry backlash from some fans, especially the ones who are staunch defenders of Tolkki from the get-go. Hence, the Martyr Syndrome. And, Jens is a nice person, a fair person. And, maybe Tolkki is taking advantage of that&hoping like Hell no lawsuit will occur at all.

But, time will tell. After all, this possible album has not even been mentioned anywhere else.

-----------------------
More discussion from RR Forum about possible album:

Timo Tolkki
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member
Group: Admin
Member No.: 9
QUOTE (NeverendingAbyss @ Jul 31 2008, 07:39 PM) QUOTE (Timo Tolkki @ Jul 31 2008, 07:57 AM) QUOTE (RE&RE @ Jul 26 2008, 08:20 PM)Are you going to release this album with name stratovarius?? Yes. It depends of the actions of my ex bandmates too. In the worst or best case, depending how you see it, I could be standing in a court in Helsinki for charges releasing a Stratovarius album although I gave away all the rights to it. You might wonder the reasoning. It is all about morals here.
As I have explained, although I gave a way the name and the royalties perpetually to my ex-band mates (even to the albums they don't play in), it doesn't mean I think it is morally right to continue under the name Stratovarius without me.
So in the case I will be in court, I will not beed a lawyer, I will just admit that I am guilty and that means that I will have to pay a lot of money to my ex band mates. But I don't care about that. It's all about that 23 years and my vision. Money means nothing to me in this, but what is morally right means all. It is not just a name for me.
-----
  I don't think they would sue you for that. You guys might have some differences, but I do not believe that they would do such things. Anyways... those are great news!

TOLKKI: When I release a new Stratovarius album with Lassila and Ikonen, it is 100% sure that I will be sued by the band and the management. I haven't got a slightest doubt about that.

icecab21
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 166
So I'm guessing self publish since why would a record company put themselves into a lawsuit or release something in these circumstances?
--------------------

Timo Tolkki
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member
QUOTE (icecab21 @ Jul 31 2008, 08:28 PM)So I'm guessing self publish since why would a record company put themselves into a lawsuit or release something in these circumstances?
TOLKKI: You would be surprised what record companies are doing. "Frontiers card" that I used to get rid of that label was just one of the cards I have learned during my long career...

icecab21
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member
well i guess this does give you and fans a record and gives the rest of the guys the money to pay their legal bills from that record deal gone wrong with santuary. another easy source of income for them and something that means more for you. to me thats a good deal.
--------------------

Timo Tolkki
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member
QUOTE (icecab21 @ Aug 1 2008, 12:06 AM)well  i guess this does give you and fans a record and gives the rest of the guys the money to pay their legal bills from that record deal gone wrong with santuary.  another easy source of income for them and something that means more for you. to me thats a good deal.

No no, the money from this album goes directly to Lassila and Ikonen sort of as a thank you. I will only get my producer fee and the studio costs will be deducted of course. But they will demand compensation in court from me. And to that I will answer: yes I am quilty. The Sanctuary record deal didnt really "go wrong". I think we got too greedy and had to pay at the end.
Also the whole case was handled in a very amateurish way and behind my back despite my numerous requests of whats going on, in a very amateurish way. 2 years is more than enough in a simple case like this.

icecab21
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member
QUOTE I think we got too greedy and had to pay at the end.  sort of what i mean by going wrong lol
no matter, good times and music in the present and future is what matters. this can do everyone some good and be a positive learning expirence. i want to see good things from everyone
--------------------
My music project

Timo Tolkki
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member
QUOTE (icecab21 @ Aug 1 2008, 01:44 AM)
QUOTE I think we got too greedy and had to pay at the end. 

sort of what i mean by going wrong lol
no matter, good times and music in the present and future is what matters. this can do everyone some good and be a positive learning expirence. i want to see good things from everyone

(Reply from TT): I think I have made my point quite clear in this discussion. I wish the guys the best of luck with their music career, but my firm opinion is that it is morally wrong to continue the band as Stratovarius without me.
________________________END

Frontiers card? ??? WTF?
I thought in the end it was made clear that Frontiers dropped Tolkki, instead of how TT explains it? ???

Its going to be interesting to see this album, if it materalizes.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:35 pm

:roll: Good Heavens Lord. :roll: What a lot of nonsens. He must have lost it completely now. I wonder how much of the shit he himself believes or if he is conscious of what it says about him.I really start to feel sorry for him. Something must be wrong :(

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:03 pm

i dont see anything wrong with the people with the legal name to sue. he does have other money sources.rr is not just playing for 10 people a show.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Funny. I was just reading the latest news regarding the trial of Radovan Karadzic. After that I checked this forum to discover people talking about trial of rights to use a band-name.

I facepalm'd

I really hope they'd just let Tolkki release that album under whatever the name he wants and just forget about it.