AN EVENING WITH TIMO IN ITALY

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
AN EVENING WITH TIMO IN ITALY

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 24, 2008 5:17 am

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - TIMO TOLKKI Announces 'An Evening With…' Dates In Italy
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=97570

Sounds fun! :headbang:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Raven

Re: AN EVENING WITH TIMO IN ITALY

Post by Raven » Sat May 24, 2008 8:26 am

Why you still post these RR -news at the Strato talk -section?

TT isn't member of Strato anymore and RR isn't same as Stratovarius, so this topic should be at the other music -section...

dirge

Post by dirge » Sat May 24, 2008 9:50 am

Fussy beggar! :P

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 24, 2008 12:38 pm

@Raven, if you read other peoples posts I think you will find lots are interested in RR stuff. ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat May 24, 2008 7:31 pm

Exactly. 8) And hell, we even don't know if Stratovarius will continue to exist or not. So should we stop posting here? I don't think so. ;-)

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat May 24, 2008 11:05 pm

The most topics of Kotipelto´s own band have been discussed also in this section too. So, not bad if RR discussions are here too. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Sun May 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Of course anything that has to do with Tolkki should be posted here. Because Tolkki = Stratovarius. Anything else without him is not Stratovarius.

*Deni*

Post by *Deni* » Mon May 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Hehe... I'll probably go to Riccione! And the date fits perfectly, because on August 5th I come back from my holiday Finland!

And I have to say that this decision is quite original... because generally artists when they come to Italy they play in Milan or in Rome... and non-italian artists normally don't make a special tour only for Italy!

It's great to know that somebody loves us! :D Thanx Timo! :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:27 am

It was written on TTs blog that the first gig was cancelled. ???
But, its written in Italian.
Can anyone translate and report on that? ???

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Here is the blog :
Friday, August 08, 2008

CONCERTO DI TIMO TOLKKI DEL 8.8.2008 A RICCIONE CANCELLATO!!!

Dopo essere arrivato in Italia 2 giorni fa per suonare i tre concerti programmati con dei musicisti italiani, abbiamo improvvisamente dovuto far fronte a dei grossi problemi, i quali rendono impossibile la realizzazione dello spettacolo del 8.8.2008, presso il MUSICPALAST di Riccione.
Abbiamo provato costantemente a contattare l'organizzazione per avere dettagli sulle specifiche dello show come l'indirizzo del locale o l'orario del concerto.
Finalmente oggi siamo riusciti ad entrare in contatto con l'organizzazione stessa, che ci ha comunicato al momento di aver cambiato la location dell'evento, in un altro club di Riccione, a causa di problemi con le autorità.
Siccome l'intera questione ci è parsa piuttosto strana e sospetta, ho deciso di informarmi in modo approfondito, e sono venuto a conoscenza del fatto che il luogo in cui avrei dovuto suonare, non è mai esistito.
Inoltre, l'organizzazione citata ha pubblicato un comunicato dove spiega che il concerto sarebbe stato spostato, all'indirizzo internet www.musicpalast.it, senza prima informarmi o chiedermi se io o i musicisti fossimo stati d'accordo.
Tutto ciò è avvenuto solamente il giorno prima della data dello spettacolo stesso.
Sul sito internet sopra citato viene data notizia che avrei suonato in questo secondo locale e che l'ingresso sarebbe stato gratuito.
Questo, quindi, viola sia il contratto che l'organizzazione ha firmato, sia il fatto che, secondo loro, avrei dovuto presenziare in questo luogo soltanto per "firmare autografi e incontrare i fans", come mi hanno spiegato oggi per telefono.
Questo, però, contraddice il comunicato sul loro sito internet, in quanto viene specificato che sarei stato sul posto, effettivamente, per prendere parte ad un concerto di musica dal vivo, e che è stato modificato esclusivamente il luogo.
L'organizzazione, sempre per telefono, mi ha comunicato che il locale alternativo è molto piccolo, sprovvisto inoltre di adeguata impiantistica o attrezzatura, necessarie per il regolare svolgimento di un evento di questo tipo.
Non voglio assolutamente pensare che gli organizzatori mi abbiano mentito, ma, sfortunatamente, questo è quello che è sembrato.
Pertanto, nonostante sappia che coloro che si sono organizzati per presenziare come pubblico a tale concerto, non avranno modo di ricevere questa comunicazione in tempo, sono costretto a CANCELLARE IL CONCERTO IN QUESTIONE a causa di tali circostanze.
Sono molto dispiaciuto di ciò, ma spero che tutti voi possiate capire che sono venuto a conoscenza di queste modifiche soltanto oggi, un giorno prima dello show previsto, e che le nuove condizioni proposte, aggiunte alle contraddizioni sul sito internet già indicato, nonchè la telefonata che ho ricevuto, rendono l'intera cosa impossibile da realizzare.
Siamo tutti molto dispiaciuti per quanto è accaduto, visto che abbiamo passato momenti molto belli preparando questa data, provando in studio canzoni sia degli Stratovarius che dei Revolution Renaissance, oltre che pezzi tratti dal mio album solista.
Abbiamo, comunque, ancora 2 concerti programmati a LIVORNO e MASSA CARRARA, a cui crediamo prenderemo parte come da programma, ai quali speriamo che tutti voi possiate presenziare, se possibile.
Per finire, ribadisco: NON SUONEREMO DOMANI 8.8.2008 PRESSO IL PUB "LA FAMIGLIA ADDAMS", QUINDI TALE CONCERTO E' STATO CANCELLATO.

All the best, TIMO TOLKKI

giorgiometalking

Post by giorgiometalking » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:03 pm

He says in short words, that after he was already in Italy, they had big problems with the organization of the event in Riccione.
Things as changing place of the gig without tell it to the musicians, and that he must only sign cd ad receive fans and no more make the gig.
He talks about free-entrance to the gig (now only a meet and greet), that was not on contract.
And more on, the alternative place was very small and unable to be a gig place.
He is very sorry about that, for the fact he had good times preparing some strato songs and rr , and his solo album to play live in Italy.
He state that are two dates more in Italy, and he will play there.

If some has doubt about something wrote, i will explain better if i can!!
IT'S MORE THAN A RELIGION...
....IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE!

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Thank you for telling us :)

metalion

Post by metalion » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:33 pm

As per Google translation

After arriving in Italy 2 days ago to play three concerts planned with Italian musicians, we suddenly faced big problems, which render impossible the implementation of the spectacle of 8.8.2008, at the MUSICPALAST of Riccione.
We have constantly tried to contact the organisation to get the specific details of the show as the address of the local or the time the concert.
Finally today we managed to come into contact with the organisation itself, which has informed us when you change the location of the event, in another club Riccione, due to problems with the authorities.
Since the whole issue there seemed rather strange and suspicious, I decided to inform me in detail, and have come to know that the place where I should play, has never existed.
In addition, the organization cited published a press release explains that where the concert was moved at www.musicpalast.it Internet without first inform me or ask me if I had been musicians or disagree.
All this took place only days before the date of the show itself.
The website quoted above is given news that I would have played in this second local and that the entry would be free.
This, therefore, violates both the contract that the organization has signed, is the fact that, according to them, I would have had to be present in this place only "sign autographs and meet the fans", as I have explained today by telephone.
However, this contradicts the statement on their website, as it is specified that I would have been in place, actually, to take part in a concert of live music, and that was amended only place.
The organization, always by phone, told me that the local alternative is very small, also lacks adequate systems or equipment, necessary for the proper conduct of an event of this type.
I do not want absolutely think that the organizers have lied to me but, unfortunately, this is what it seemed.
Therefore, despite knowing that those who have organized for the public to attend as this concert, will not have a way to receive this communication in time, I am forced to DELETE THE CONCERT IN QUESTION due to such circumstances.
I am very sorry for this, but I hope that you all can understand that I have come to know these changes only today, a day before the show planned, and that new conditions proposed, added to the contradictions at the web site mentioned above, and the phone call I received, make the whole thing impossible to achieve.
We are all very sorry for what has happened since we passed very beautiful moments preparing this date, trying to study both Stratovarius songs that the Revolution Renaissance, as well as pieces drawn from my solo album.
We have, however, still 2 concerts scheduled to LIVORNO and MASS CARRARA, which we believe will take part as the programme that we hope that you all can attend, if possible.
Finally, I repeat: NOT SUONEREMO TOMORROW 8.8.2008 AT THE PUB "THE ADDAMS FAMILY, AND THEREFORE THE CONCERT 'BEEN CANCELED.
Metal isn't dead it just moved to Europe !!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:26 am

If these other 2 shows took place, someone please report and tell us how they went! :headbang:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:41 pm

from the vision divine forum. fuck thats lucky i hope someone filmed or recored it

Hi guys...I'm just back from the gig of Timo here in Massa, my city.
Well...what can I say...It's been a wonderful night. Timo and friends played a lot of songs, many from Stratovarius, many from RR, and some songs from his own Lp Hymn To Life...and as wonderful surprise Olaf joined band on the last song which was Black Diamond.

I made a lot of sings in the concert...I enjoyed a lot the night. It was funny to see Timo happy watching us singin out loud songs. He sang a lot too !!!

This was the setlist:

I Did It My Way
Father Time
Dreamspace
Speed of Light
Revolution Renaissence
4000 Rainy Nights
Last Night On Earth
Anthem Of The World
Key To The Universe
Seasons Of Changes
Paradise (i sang a verse too...Antonio Cannoletta passed me the microphone...I screamed "nobody cares it's always the same !!!! " )
Hunting High And Low
Heroes
Black Diamond

I must tell you that i filmed all Black Diamond with Olaf with my phone...but a gr8 f***ing speaker over my head has made the audio a real s**t...anyway i'll try to make it better...with some help by audio filter...

Anyway guys...a great great night...and again Timo surprised me for his great humility. He signed a lot of autographs...and some poster of the show then he made some photos. He is a great man guys...I'd like there were more people like him in the world. Maybe something could be better.

I'd like to thank Olaf a lot for his presence. Watching Olaf and Timo on stage togheter has been one of the best present they could do to us. Specially to me .

My compliments to Timo Tolkki for his great kindness with crowd. It was one of my best concert of ever.
Timo, You confirmed me that there are still good persons in this world. I appreciated a lot the prayer to Strato and Timo fans not to divide but to continue in believing in you and in Strato members. This has been very touching.
I gave all singing...I'm completely without voice. Hope to see you back here soon for another good live.

See you all and a special cheer to Timo and Olaf...and other musicians of the band.

Pierpa

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Interesting. Probably this is a "protosetlist" of future RR gigs.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:41 pm

R.F. wrote:Interesting. Probably this is a "protosetlist" of future RR gigs.
I don't think so.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:05 pm

RazielSR wrote:
R.F. wrote:Interesting. Probably this is a "protosetlist" of future RR gigs.
I don't think so.
Why? Did TT say something about this on RR forum? Unfortunately I cannot view it since I`m banned.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:30 pm

We are all very sorry for what has happened since we passed very beautiful moments preparing this date, trying to study both Stratovarius songs that the Revolution Renaissance, as well as pieces drawn from my solo album
to quote a google translation lol

I think this set list was done for this concert set.
Some of the songs will of course most likely appear in the RR tours such as the RR songs and KTTU. Some of the stratovarius songs such as paradise and AOTW will hopefully be included as well. I think I read that about 1/3 the concert will be stratovarius for the SA tour and then that ratio will most likely change for after the first band album is released and they tour for that. tolkki said that they will have a new song released after their September demo recordings and that will likely be a set piece. Of course this would be easier if we could just ask him but he is not checking/posting on the rr forum for now at least.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 pm

R.F because it is too "stratobased" setlist and Tolkki said he don't want to play too much songs from Strato. But well, who knows. I don't like that setlist for RR gig, at least I don't want to hear Black Diamond, Father Time, Speed of Light, Season of Change, 4000 rainy nights, Paradise...with another voice. I just wanna listen to that songs with Kotipelto singing.

So, I HOPE to hear some Stratovarius songs in RR gigs but not as well-known as these ones. I hope to listen some of Dreamspace, Fright Night and Twilight Time albums and the rest, all RR songs.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:15 pm

RazielSR wrote:R.F because it is too "stratobased" setlist and Tolkki said he don't want to play too much songs from Strato. But well, who knows.
Ah, I see. Although I`d also like to hear more Strato stuff... why shouldn`t TT make rearrangements of some old songs for a new vocalist? Holopainen, for example, did this spectacularily.

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:06 pm

R.F. wrote:Holopainen, for example, did this spectacularily.
Yes, spectacularily baaaaaaaaaaad

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:51 pm

The whole "spectacular... spectacularly baaaaaad" thing is right up there with the "your mom" as evidence that mankind still has its poo flinging monkeys

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Where is the video???? :D
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:02 pm

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:35 am

That is one of the worst live performances I've never seen. I don't like Vision Divine, sorry, but I don't like any of the guys playing (just the keyboard, seems good) and I don't like the vocals and his interpretation.

The only thing I like from that videos is that I can see Tolkki enjoying and laughing, all the rest completely dissapoints me.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:42 am

icecab21 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuDVsPJcR44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOPM61q9KUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaLFBTUNndE

really poor sound quality of the recordings but this is what i found so far
Thank you, icecab.
Sounds stupid but this has nothing to do with Stratovarius :) However there is something that reminds me a little bit of Strato, maybe it is the guitar player :lol:
It sounds strange for me to listen to somebody who is not TK singing these songs. Anyway TT seems to be very happy there, and that is ok.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:35 am

poor sound quality of the recordings

this means that you are not hearing the song as played or heard from live

he did not play this with vision divine. olaf plays a little guitar on black diamond but thats all

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:38 am

:cry: Can this be the future??? Good help us then :cry:

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:40 pm

Stratowarius wrote::cry: Can this be the future???Good help us then :cry:

:? :?
At least TK, JJ,JM and LP and their band sounds like "Stratovarius" ....