new band name

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
eagledreamr
Re: new band name

Post by eagledreamr » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:56 pm

Pfff...how didn't you understand how they will be called now...?...!!!
I even guessed what their logo will be!
This is what I just ate! :lol:
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:25 pm

eagledreamr wrote:Pfff...how didn't you understand how they will be called now...?...!!!
I even guessed what their logo will be!
This is what I just ate! :lol:
Sweet! :yum:

That candy is not available in USA, or if it is not in my area! :D
If it is chocolate, I know it's good! I'd like to have some of that candy right now! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:18 pm

I found that in Norway.
It's good, but it's not my favourite.

I don't know if they know the existence of this... :D
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

Somebody

Post by Somebody » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:34 pm

In Finnish newspaper Ilkka was an interview with TK and he said that they will not continue as Stratovarius but they have formed a new band and the name of the guitarist will be revealed in the Soundi-magazine this week.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Somebody wrote:In Finnish newspaper Ilkka was an interview with TK and he said that they will not continue as Stratovarius but they have formed a new band and the name of the guitarist will be revealed in the Soundi-magazine this week.
I'm sorry they will not continue as Stratovarius, but at least now TT&his apologists will Shut the Fuck Up now that they got their way.

Now, bring on the great music.
They still will be Stratovarius in our hearts.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:14 pm

I can't wait to know the name of the new guitarist!
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:29 pm

It will be interesting to hear why they chose a different name.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 pm

I wanted them to continue with the name, but I still believe :( I won't believe anything unless it is said in a statement, or I see it in a newspaper or something like that. Pfff...

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Remember it's still speculation at this point, newspapers can say what they will but what we really need is a statement from the band themselves to us the fans.
metal feeds the beast

black death

Post by black death » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:52 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Somebody wrote:In Finnish newspaper Ilkka was an interview with TK and he said that they will not continue as Stratovarius but they have formed a new band and the name of the guitarist will be revealed in the Soundi-magazine this week.
I'm sorry they will not continue as Stratovarius, but at least now TT&his apologists will Shut the Fuck Up now that they got their way.

Now, bring on the great music.
They still will be Stratovarius in our hearts.
Whatever name they will have, everybody will call them Stratovarius anyway. Like Heaven and Hell - when they were touring in Europe last year, most people called them just Black Sabbath. And I heard a few conversations like this: "I'm going to H & H." "What?" "To Black Sabbath." "Oh, I see." :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 pm

it will be interesting to see what kind of setlists they pick out.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Maybe by the end of the week we will have the answer to all our questions.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:59 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Maybe by the end of the week we will have the answer to all our questions.
Of course, if by "End of the week" you mean "Next year"... :(
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:07 am

eagledreamr wrote:I can't wait to know the name of the new guitarist!
Matias maybe? ??? If he is it he is a winner, so we can hope. ;)
Whoever it is, I'm sure he will be a good choice.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:55 pm

I'll reiterate the fact that we still have not heard from the band themselves on this issue, I'm sure if they were to make a major announcement of that magnitude they'd let us know.

anything right now is pure speculation
metal feeds the beast

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Very briefly I googled for that newspaper article/interview that was mentioned above, and did not find anything! ???
Maybe I was looking with the wrong search terms, or its in Finnish&an English search would not turn up anything. ???
If I have time later, maybe I will try again.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:47 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Very briefly I googled for that newspaper article/interview that was mentioned above, and did not find anything! ???
Maybe I was looking with the wrong search terms, or its in Finnish&an English search would not turn up anything. ???
If I have time later, maybe I will try again.
I also tried to look for that article yesterday and I didn't find anything.
But imagine they didn't want to keep the name, it makes no odds how happy they were when they recieved the rights from TT to use it. Furthermore, Jens was a bit angry when he talked to Tolkki himself in the forum about the rights and Tolkki told him it was not a ''gift'' and that he knew they were neither to stay together nor use the name and Jens replied all the possibilities were still on the table. Why would they care about it if they were not going to keep the name, after all?

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:08 am

Well, Stratovarius isn't just a name, a 20 years old band isn't just a name, the member's friendship isn't just a name, the music isn't just a name... Should I go on?
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:47 am

TT kept saying, "its just a rock band". If he felt that way, why did it seem like such a big deal to him the possibility of the guys using the Stratovarius name? =P
Now he can shut the fuck up since he got his way the way he wanted it.

And, AGAG is right, its not just a name, and we will always call Jens&Co. "Stratovarius" in our hearts no matter what physical name the band goes by.

If thats labeled a childish attitude then, "Waaaaaaaaa, Waaaaaaaa!" Give me a damn pacifier&a blankey, and sue me!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:09 am

People can feel what they want and identify with what they want. Sure, a group that did not write the music and was hired a decade after the start of a band can be thought of as the band, it really makes no difference in the big picture. noone is right and noone is wrong and it really does not change things

seems tolkki felt they did not feel the music, if they are changing the name, maybe tolkki is right? We shall see.

apart from that bsides album that has more none tt song, this is the list of 1. non tt songs and 2. tt music with co/ other member lyrics. Now in the legacy of the band, what list has more songs that are trademarks?

UNCERTAINTY
GLORY OF THE WORLD
CURTAINS ARE FALLING
KEEP THE FLAME
WHY ARE WE HERE?

AGAINST THE WIND
GALAXIES
WE HOLD THE KEY
FATHER TIME
WILL THE SUN RISE?
ETERNITY
SPEED OF LIGHT
TOMORROW
NIGHT TIME ECLIPSE
S.O.S
NO TURNING BACK
PLAYING WITH FIRE
HUNTING HIGH AND LOW
FALLING INTO FANTASY
BLACK DIAMOND
THE KISS OF JUDAS
FOREVER FREE
LEGIONS
THE ABYSS OF YOUR EYES
EAGLEHEART

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:40 am

Icecab you forgot to mention What can I say. It's written by TK.
Some songs are written by the other members but TT said that every single title is his.
If they finally decide not to keep the name, could it mean that they want to change their music style?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:22 am

I was just scrolling down the credits of the straotvarius lyrics section for that one and I guess that does not show all their songs and I know it left out that b side songs.

Since I think this band is a group thing where each member played their part in creating the music, that makes me wonder how others will call it as the same band even though it does not have the same team of members and even has a different name.

when the kotipelto band plays stratovarius songs i would call that listaning to the kotipelto band and not stratovarius.

whatever these guys choose to do, it's better for music if they follow what's in their hearts and decide on what gives them chemistry and positive energy.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:47 am

icecab21 wrote:whatever these guys choose to do, it's better for music if they follow what's in their hearts and decide on what gives them chemistry and positive energy.
Definitely they follow what it's in their hearts and mind. Nobody obliges them to do something they don't want to do. They are completely free to decide, and that's why we are living this fucking situation right now.

But if they change their music style and as a result it turns out to have nothing to do with the Stratovarius we are used to listen to and I don't like it at all, I will not follow them just like many other fans and then I will be completely sure that the band is dead. I am not going to say I am going to support them in whatever these guys do because if I don't like the music they compose, I won't follow them just because there sings my favourite singer and some members of Ex- Stratovarius. For me Stratovarius will be dead in the real world. But first, of course, we have to wait, as always...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:53 am

BTW, good night to everybody. It's too late in Spain :zzz:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:13 am

Now morko has said they were creating something in the range of symphonic melodic power metal, and morko knows everything about all the members involved with stratovarius. It seems like it might be some new sounds and focuses while staying in the area of melodic metal and such. This will be the first recordings of 2 of the 5 with the group as well as some new songwriting combinations. for all the comparison fans out their a new name puts both rr and jens and the rest on the same stage to see how well their first band albums sell and their songs chart and who headlines festivals quickest. with stratovarius the guys can get headlines and big sales right away.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:17 am

seems tolkki felt they did not feel the music, if they are changing the name, maybe tolkki is right? We shall see.
Maybe they just wanted to keep the peace, and maybe have a fresh start? Tolkki does alot of unnecessary speculation&attempting analyzing of other peoples thinking, trying to get into others head and emotions. Who is TT, or anyone else, to say they did not feel the music? I'm sure the guys will tell us the whole story, their real reasons, and I am also sure some people will choose not to believe them.
In any case, alot of people were behind TT, rooting for his cause in this matter. They got what they wanted. So, now its time to move on.

Oh, I think, icecab21, you would be so suprised if you knew who Morko really is! :lol: :lol: :lol: So, don't gloat over this decision, shall we? ;)

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:47 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Oh, I think, icecab21, you would be so suprised if you knew who Morko really is! :lol: :lol: :lol: So, don't gloat over this decision, shall we? ;)
so whos morko? jens? michael? lauri? tolkki? or maybe kotipelto!.. or me?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:03 am

"not feeling the music" is more of a misuse and twist of what tt has said lol. "The music" is too much of a generalization that at most there could be some truth to some songs. Opinions on the songs are not a finite thing that can't change and tt has definitely had some changes of heart or what he sees as important. Now tolkki was a part of this group and some of what he has said is him talking from his viewpoint as a producer that records vocals for many bands. Since people think tt is pulling this all out of his ass, releasing his evidence of those emails and such that he claims he has would be fun to read

It’s a new start no matter what name they choose, just like I would call some of the stratovarius albums new starts from previous periods. Not sure how this would really be a victory for anyone, it should be more about the bands decision to do what they feel it right than anything else.

Some of this is about the songwriting aspects and that this group will have a different guitarist and songwriting dynamics. This situation is new for this group and the songwriting credits tell a big story about the bands history.

COUGAR

Post by COUGAR » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:22 am

releasing his evidence of those emails and such that he claims he has would be fun to read
So tell us, honey. What would be so fun about it?
And, I'd love to see Tolkki pull a bunch of e-mails out of his ass, that would be even more fun than the Italy show.

An interesting article about Stratovarius is supposed to be out tomorrow in Soundi magazine, maybe someone Finnish can enlighten us of its content.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and "if onlys".

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:30 am

thats whats fun about it, all the insults