new band name

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: new band name

Post by RazielSR » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:11 pm

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:20 pm

I am a fan that like to hear everything about the "legal shit". It is interesting and you can learn a lot of it. And you can see how the lies expand and grow when time goes on. And it is great fun too. :)

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:20 pm

TT, be careful, look at what could happen to you if you play too much with the law :lol:
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Stratowarius wrote:I am a fan that like to hear everything about the "legal shit".It is interesting and you can learn a lot of it.And you can see how the lies expand and grow when time goes on.And it is great fun to. :)
Yes, that's why I said the explanations are welcome :)
I'm just tired of arguments that could be done somewhere else...
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:34 pm

Where and by whom :D

TIMO TOLKKI

Post by TIMO TOLKKI » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:51 pm

eagledreamr wrote:Leave the fans away from the legal shit, all we want is the music...
Explanations are always interesting and welcome, but the arguments are none of our (at least my) business...at least that's why I try to keep thinking...
And music is what you will get. This project will indeed happen. I just wanted to set the record straight why Tuomo is not speaking about this in public. He cannot.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:59 pm

TIMO TOLKKI wrote:
eagledreamr wrote:Leave the fans away from the legal shit, all we want is the music...
Explanations are always interesting and welcome, but the arguments are none of our (at least my) business...at least that's why I try to keep thinking...
And music is what you will get. This project will indeed happen. I just wanted to set the record straight why Tuomo is not speaking about this in public. He cannot.
Let's say that the case of "no speak please", already happened one time, and it's bullshit position, really pain the ass for the fans, thats all i want to say about it, no more

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Leave it alone and in a while it will pop up like magic. Everyone here is going to make great music and has great bands and will have great times with that hopefully. Make it about the music, work something out I’m sure agreements can be arranged. If it's going to be a wall of no compromises ,then have fun with that.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

icecab21 wrote:Leave it alone and in a while it will pop up like magic. Everyone here is going to make great music and has great bands and will have great times with that hopefully. Make it about the music, work something out I’m sure agreements can be arranged. If it's going to be a wall of no compromises ,then have fun with that.
The problem is that we have a terrible lack of good news, and as a result, we are fucking around with the same shit over and over again.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 pm

"Aren't You A Little Pervert Too?"

well thats the edguy bonus song so maybe tolkki can write tribute to that as a bonus track for us all to listen to this cd when it doen not happen. as we are listning to something that has not happend we can wonder how it is posible to listen to what does not exist. now thats the trick of it all, to put out a album that has not been created takes mad skill.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:01 pm

RazielSR wrote:The problem is that we have a terrible lack of good news, and as a result, we are fucking around with the same shit over and over again.
something new, object embedding

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMmTq5p6ohs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMmTq5p6ohs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:19 pm

That's because html sux. It's always better to make a <div> to embed the object, you can hide some parts of the video too with overflow style eg: style="overflow:hidden;width=X;height=Y

Anyway :D :D good to know that we can embed videos now!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:50 pm

I've got another letter in parts again

First a question to Jens: it's been awhile since we've seen you, how's the album coming? I can't wait to hear it.

To Tolkki:I know you've heard a lot of rudeness from various people, I won't contribute to that, I'm just curious as to how the album process is going for you as well?

To BEG:
I wasn't attacking anyone personally I was just stating that most of that sheds some light on a few things but it still mentions nothing about the band ultimatly deciding to change the name, you know I've got tremendous respect for you
metal feeds the beast

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:40 am

Stratowarius wrote:Where and by whom :D
By whom: By the main parties involved
Where: in a private place (which includes personal e-mail inbox)
I know the fans are among 'main parties', but imo the musicians souldn't be too much influenced by them, to make the (great) music they really want to make (I'm talking both for RR and Starto)
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:43 am

icecab21 wrote:Leave it alone and in a while it will pop up like magic. Everyone here is going to make great music and has great bands and will have great times with that hopefully. Make it about the music, work something out I’m sure agreements can be arranged. If it's going to be a wall of no compromises ,then have fun with that.
My point of view.
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:28 pm

:lol: Maybe we should talk about legal things on SPAM? That would be a progress there, don't you think so? Or?

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:39 pm

:lol: Make a special topic "The Law for dummies" :lol:
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:52 pm

The new band name is: "Whatever it will be, you guys will be the first to know"

It's a bit long but maybe we can use an abbreviation like: WIWB,YGWBTFTK.

and if not it doesn't matter, new album by "Whatever it will be, you guys will be the first to know" band in stores!

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:20 pm

I forgot to mention "Stratovarious". :D

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:39 pm

Somebody wrote:In Finnish newspaper Ilkka was an interview with TK and he said that they will not continue as Stratovarius but they have formed a new band and the name of the guitarist will be revealed in the Soundi-magazine this week.
Was it in the interview we have read today where they were supposed to say in a clear and concise way they were not going to keep the Stratovarius name? Where is TK saying that in the interview? :lol:
Please, stop speculating unless it's said by them themselves.

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:04 am

eagledreamr wrote:TT, be careful, look at what could happen to you if you play too much with the law :lol:
It's the creepy priest thing from the SOS video!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:56 am

eagledreamr wrote::lol: Make a special topic "The Law for dummies" :lol:
:lol:
Maybe the new album should include a copy of:

Or perhaps this would be more helpful:

:D
---...---

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:08 am

If I buy sine Halvan maukasta lakritsaa... What you "strato" guys give to me?
I give Kossu to you, but what about you? :lol:
Meikä Ankka

Demir

Post by Demir » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 am

hiro23 wrote:To Tolkki:I know you've heard a lot of rudeness from various people, I won't contribute to that, I'm just curious as to how the album process is going for you as well?
Yeah Tolkki has band of beginners from Brazil who also play in 5 different other bands at the same time!

He broke up the band to get all the money, make an average Stratovarius cover band with a singer that sounds like Lemmy :lol: but according to latest official RR statement even there will be no Kiske on next record, its proudly coming out at least in Mongolia.

No news yet on the Saana foundation ....... actually no news yet on Saana either, all of the Tolkkis web sites are still not working.

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:56 am

Trolls...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:07 am

demir is rather primitive but primitive is entertaining

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:57 am

Well, he is right that none of the Tolkki-websites are working. ???
Isn't RR supposed to go on sale in USA in October? I need to read that article again. :oops:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:23 pm

:evil: As soon someone writes something close to the agonizing truths some of the "geniuses" here shrieck like drunken donkeys.That evil thing must be writen by a troll. Criticism of their sacred hero must be regarded with scorn and disparagings. When will they wake up and see reality in all its dirtiness. Sorry for them when that day comes :twisted:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:37 pm

That part about the website was relevant

There is no logic whatsoever towards tolkki doing what he did with a prime purpose of short term monetary gain over a long term purpose of personal happiness. The basic fact is that tolkki gets more money in stratovarius then by starting a new band. In stratovarius he gave everyone an even share. In RR everyone is getting an even share. That tolkki got a little more money from new era is a short term consequence of his non-satisfaction with playing with the others and not a primary goal from an otherwise content group member. If tolkki was more money oriented he would have given the name and keeped his royalty rights and then pressed on for future success under the name stratovarius.

And for fuck sake, gus and lemmy? No vocal teacher in the world could be paid to tell you they sound alike with a straight face.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:34 pm

at this point I really don't care who did what to who anymore, all I'm looking forward to now is the music, in the end that's what's really important.

all this he said she said bullshit really goes nowhere
metal feeds the beast