Do We Fans Get To Pick...

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
icecab21
Re: Do We Fans Get To Pick...

Post by icecab21 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:53 am

the album could come with a huge poster of :party: and include the toy

Somebody

Post by Somebody » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:06 am

icecab21 wrote:the album could come with a huge poster of :party: and include the toy
That would be a good idea! :lol:

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:56 am

Thinking about it, I'll list some names I've had on mind, one time or another. (only the ones I think would fit them)

Some I have though as name for our band (or other bands), but which have not made it to;

Silent council
Silver (& something cool)
Self awareness
Self control
Auxiliary

Can't find more atm.

Some other ones that I haven't thought of for other bands;

Strato
Stratos
Stratosphere
Stratofortress
Stratovarious
Kotimassatuotanto ( :D )

I'm lazy today...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:30 am

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:27 am

Worst thread ever.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:00 am

Another guessing game topic&I know there are many, many others:
I'll post those later. I'm sure anyone can get the point. ;)

http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8056

Of course we know when anyone in authority says something is bad, its gonna be classed as bad by some people. Its a human nature thing.

WOW! Those cats look very sinister to be posted on a totally innocent topic. :?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:10 am

:lol: No the best ever. :lol: Lets call our band RRR=RustyRenaissanceRevolution. I will write all the fantastic lyrics AND of course the music AND play the leadguitar AND use my ironfist if someone dare to protest. AND if someone is so incredible impudent that he or she will question me, I have a dozen or so lawyers in my backpocket. Don't you think we will have a hell of a journey???

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:10 am

write and album and we shall see. the members of bands do have free will with all of this. it's not a bait and switch and members can create their own thing if they see that as best.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 am

These cats look like the guy (TT?) on Maniac dance cover. :D

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:14 am

exe knight wrote:These cats look like the guy (TT?) on Maniac dance cover. :D
Exactly, they used a guy with cat face because Maniac Dance song is about cats and his life in the cellar of a disco. You know, the cat listening to the "boom boom boom" sounds and thinking about that as a Maniac Dance.

Maybe they used that cat to be inspired. I will check with the cat later.

:lol: :shock: :? 8) :( :D :) :roll: :wink: :?: :?: :?:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:30 pm

exe knight wrote:These cats look like the guy (TT?) on Maniac dance cover. :D
:lol: Crazy Cats! :D
Especially the red tabby. What happened? Did someone swipe their Meow Mix? :D

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Worst thread ever is now even worse.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:28 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Worst thread ever is now even worse.
Oh, yeah? And why is that? :?

Don't you like cats, or is your reason totally stupid&smartass? :?

Oh, who cares. What people post on a messageboard ain't worth 2 cents in the grand scheme of things anyway.

:party:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:13 pm

with inflation soon it will be worth two cents

George Zimmer

Post by George Zimmer » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:42 pm

HI, I'M GEORGE ZIMMER, FOUNDER AND CEO OF THE MEN'S WEARHOUSE. MANY TIMES IN MASSIVE MOMENTS OF MIGHTY MONSTROUS MENSTRUAL MISGIVING, SEEMINGLY SENSELESS SLIGHTS CAUSE CATASTROPHIC CONSTERNATION AND CONFUSION. WORRY NOT HOWEVER, MY DEAREST DOVE, FOR I SHALL AID YOU IN FORGIVING AND FORGETTING FOREVER EVERY ENERGY OF ENOUGH EVIL TO TRULY TROUBLE YOUR TIRED AND TATTERED SOUL. WITH ME, YOU WILL BE WHISKED TO WHERE ALL WORRIES ARE RAPIDLY AND RAVENOUSLY REMOVED, SWIFTLY STRUCK FROM STARKLY STRAINING UPON YOUR SPIRIT. NO LONGER WILL YOU ANGRILY ATTACK ALL ASSOCIATED ACTORS WITH YOUR AGGRIVATED AGRESSIVE ACTIVITIES. PEACE WILL CARESS YOUR WEARY MIND AND YOU WILL FEEL A NEW PERSON. I GUARANTEE IT.
Men's Wearhouse

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:27 am

HI, I'M GEORGE ZIMMER, FOUNDER AND CEO OF THE MEN'S WEARHOUSE. MANY TIMES IN MASSIVE MOMENTS OF MIGHTY MONSTROUS MENSTRUAL MISGIVING, SEEMINGLY SENSELESS SLIGHTS CAUSE CATASTROPHIC CONSTERNATION AND CONFUSION. WORRY NOT HOWEVER, MY DEAREST DOVE, FOR I SHALL AID YOU IN FORGIVING AND FORGETTING FOREVER EVERY ENERGY OF ENOUGH EVIL TO TRULY TROUBLE YOUR TIRED AND TATTERED SOUL. WITH ME, YOU WILL BE WHISKED TO WHERE ALL WORRIES ARE RAPIDLY AND RAVENOUSLY REMOVED, SWIFTLY STRUCK FROM STARKLY STRAINING UPON YOUR SPIRIT. NO LONGER WILL YOU ANGRILY ATTACK ALL ASSOCIATED ACTORS WITH YOUR AGGRIVATED AGRESSIVE ACTIVITIES. PEACE WILL CARESS YOUR WEARY MIND AND YOU WILL FEEL A NEW PERSON. I GUARANTEE IT.

possibly one of the greatest posts ever. love the writing style

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 am

What do we get? A free trip to Hawaii?
Another New Age guru, no thanks! :D
Midol is cheaper. :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:59 am

and yet you want the band to keep the name after almost all the music is written by another new age guru

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:28 am

icecab21 wrote:and yet you want the band to keep the name after almost all the music is written by another new age guru
yeah sure!....and the keyboard solos and all the bass lines....look, see all bass in hymn to life....WHAT A BASS!!!, man, if you still think in that direction you will always, on and on, listening to the same album over and over again. Open your mind, Tolkki alone, is nobody, thats why his solo albums are what they are...
Stratovarius is/was a band, with a central figure, like a director, why they can't change the vision of Stratovarius???? WHYYYYY?????? it pissed me off really

It the same discussion as always so be sincere with yourself, it's just a name after all so...opinions are just opinions

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:07 am

Verdades Parias wrote: Tolkki alone, is nobody, thats why his solo albums are what they are...
I don't think TK's much more, Imo TT's albums are better though I don't even have them, I've heard Key to the universe and Fire dance. And from Kotipelto I've got Reasons (single), some random Coldness songs and Serenity.
Imo, I like even Fright night more than Kotipelto stuff (becaus FN's awesome album!), Kotipelto stuff is around the same level as Stratovarius (the black album), and some best songs are of 4D level, which is pretty good. :P
But Key to the universe is one really nice song, it's not really metallic, but it's melodic and beautifull, definately on my top 100 favorites.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:10 am

ok so a name is just a commercial doorway, that opens a lot of pathways up.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Well let's see... I will go step by step in all this

(the Kotipelto / Tolkki "issue" ) :

About Timo Kotipelto:

- Kotipelto's solo albums: are one of the worst "metal" albums I've never heard. Completely plain and disappointing. Just Serenity song is ok for me, but I can't listen more than 3 times that song because I get bored. The first album is a good power metal album, but boring and simple. The rest of the albums, are just hard rock wannabes. I think he is wasting his time in that style.

- Kotipelto's voice: The best voice for me in metal scene, and is gonna be like this: before, now and after.
Better than Kiske too.
Kiske is better technically, but I prefer Kotipelto's timbre. For me is the best voice and nobody and nothing is gonna change that.

- Kotipelto as an artist: In many places Kotipelto has been accused for his "impossibility" to transmit feelings in a song. I COMPLETELY disagree with that. He transmits a lot and I think some people are confusing "to transmit feelings" with starting to jump as a kangaroo in a scenario and spit to the fans and drop a 23,5 kgs stone on the guitar.
He is an artist and I will never see better live performances than Kotipelto's ones. I'm completely sure. If I wanted have a band, I would like to have Timo Kotipelto in my band. He rocks, and he's gonna kick asses again in a few months.

About Timo Tolkki:

- Tolkki's solo albums: I don't like it neither. Just some songs, as Key to the universe are ok for me. But I don't like Saana or his another stuff. I like his voice too, he has a beautiful voice and it rocks in Twilight time and Dreamspace albums. I'd like to listen Tolkki singing again.

- Tolkki as an artist: He is a complete artist. A man who has composed so many beautiful, touching and extremely good metal song, will always have my respect as an artist. He owns the gift to get into people hearts while making music. And there's nobody who can compose a metal song like Tolkki.
He can make the most beautiful, touching, dark, illuminated, fast, slow, hard, soft, etc, etc tracks.
Apart of that, he is an amazing guitar player. I will never forget his solos, never.
He is the best metal artist in my opinion and I will always think the same.

The main conclusion for me is that Stratovarius had the best keyboardist, the best guitar player, the best composer and the best vocalist.

Well, now the problem is...what are we gonna have now? We must wait, and wait is exactly what I don't wanna do, because I wanna have music right now instead of being here blaming as a bitch with Pro-Tolkkis and Pro-Kotipeltos.
It's so nice to see people talkin in topics about the new band, about Matias, about good things, about our favourite music.

But we always fall in the same mistake, the fights about Tolkki/Kotipelto.

And just some months ago, they were our favourite musicians and nobody was blaming about who is better.

I'm not gonna be against Tolkki, either against Kotipelto, Jens, Lauri, Jörg and Matias. I will be in this forum and in RR forum. I'm gonna follow both bands because my favourite artist are there.

But, I will always be against what every member made to bring Stratovarius to that strange episodes we have lived in 2004/2005 and this last months.

So I just wanna now listen new music and see Kotipelto, Jens, Lauri, Matias, Jörg and Tolkki rocking around the world with his music.

But that's just my opinion.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:55 pm

i was just pointing out that stratovarius has had new age lyrics since album number 2 and beg was saying all this negative stuff about new age. to me that seems like a dissaproval of a big part of the bands past.

this is not a comparison of sounds, everyone here will create great sounds with some liking them and song disliking them. sound is separate from both song writing and lyrical content though.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:50 pm

I personally respect all of your opinions and I'm happy because thanks to many users here this forum is not a godsforsaken place, but don't you feel guys that we are saying over and over and over the same things? (me included, of course!)Aren't you sick and tired of it? We are talking about irrelevant and stupid things that Stratovarius or whatever is going to be called has never thought about, and then we always try to analyse every single detail as if it was relevant, decisive and far-reaching. There is nothing new to talk about yet.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:21 pm

I found out something about this GEORGE ZIMMER:
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/in ... rge_Zimmer

Whether he is the real George, the Troll george, or someone pretending to be him, I cannot say.

Stratovarius is not New Age, they are Power Metal. Yanni is an example of New Age music. And, I never said anything negative about New Age, although as a religion it is not based totally on reality.

I agree with Lurdi, this over-analyzing everything is useless&does no real good. How we feel is how we feel, and thats that. People are going to have their own opinions, and thats that. We just have to wait and see how everything is going to work out, I guess.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm

songs like wings of tomorrow, mother gia, lumanoius, anthem of the world, paradise, we are the future, find your own coice, i walk to my own song.

by new age i mean not a sound or a style but a lyric content.

all the lyrics about one united world, no dogma, peace, different paths, nature,

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 pm

This thread has improved since George Zimmer posted.

Well-crafted Zimmerisms will make anything better.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Zimmerisms are great stuff

HI, I'M GEORGE ZIMMER, CEO AND FOUNDER OF MEN'S WEARHOUSE. I AM THE GREATEST SMASH PLAYER THIS WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN. I WILL CONQUER THE SINNERS THAT SURREPTITIOUSLY STOLE THE TITLE OF THE "BEST". THE FIRST CONQUEST WILL BE KOREAN DJ, A BETRAYER OF HIS BLOOD. HIS RACE SHOULD STAVE OFF THE SUPERLATIVE URGE TO SUCCEED AT SMASH AND SURRENDER THEIR STALWART SKILL TO THE SCI-FI SINGLE, STARCRAFT. I WILL NOT TOLERATE THE TARES OF HIS TELOS AND TURN HIM TOTALLY USING MY TORRID TIGRESS-TICKLER. THE SECOND CONQUEST WILL BE MEW2KING, THE USURPER OF THE THRONE. HIS HORRIBLE HUBRIS WILL HEAR HORROR AS I SHOW HIM TO THE HOUNDS OF HADES, FOR I AM OF THE REAL ROYAL LINE OF MEWTWO, MY RETICENT READER. MY THIRD CONQUEST WILL BE THE PANDERER CHU DAT. FOR HIM TO GAIN SUCH SKILL AND STAY SEXY, HE MUST HAVE SORDIDLY SOLD HIS SOUL TO A SUCCUBI. HIS CHERUBIC, CHILDLIKE CLIMBERS WILL CHOKE ON MY CHORIZO AS I CHORTLE AT HIS CHAGRIN. MY FINAL CONQUEST WILL BE PC CHRIS, THE DECEIVER. PC DOES NOT STAND FOR THE PUBLICLY ACCEPTED "POLITICALLY CORRECT" OR "PERSONAL COMPUTER", LEADING LOVING LOOKERS OF SMASH TO BELLIGERENTLY BELIEVE THAT PC CHRIS IS EITHER MILD-MANNERED OR TECH-SAVVY, OF WHICH HE IS NEITHER. I WILL FELL HIS FLAGRANT FAST-FALLING FELONIES WITH MY FLUCTUATING FORGER OF FERVENT FEMININE FEELINGS. WHAT KINGLY CHARACTER DO I MASQUERADE AS, YOU ASK? WHY NONE OTHER THAN THE LASCIVIOUS LORD OF LICENTIOUSNESS, LUIGI. HIS TITANIC TESTICULAR TYRANNY IS SHOWN BY HIS SHFFGDGF (short hop fast fall gravity-defying green fireball). GREAT ENOUGH IS HIS GREGARIOUSNESS THAT HE GATHERS GLEEFUL GAWKERS SO THAT THEY MAY BE BEFUDDLED BY MY BALL-BUSTING BARRAGE. ALSO, THE SPACE ANIMALS ARE FAGGOTS. I GUARANTEE IT."

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:54 pm

But, why does he type always in ALL-CAPS? ???

Maybe we should be honored, after all, he has the rep of being one of the most "professional" Trolls on the internet! :D
If it is really him? :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 am

its a parody.