Upcoming Revolution Renaissance tour close to be cancelled?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Mörkö
Upcoming Revolution Renaissance tour close to be cancelled?

Post by Mörkö » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:18 pm

So say the rumors.

browneyedgirl

Re: Upcoming Revolution Renaissance tour close to be cancelled?

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:52 pm

And, who is saying these rumors?

Morko, you are a very brave individual coming here with all these Lords, Ladies, and Highnesses who'd really love to take you down! :lol:

Seriously, that is a very serious bit of info, and I hope you are wearing your asbestos suit, deary. ;)

And, clear up the fact that you are NOT Erin, Morko. :roll:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Interesting bit of info. Any reason why?
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:19 pm

The band has seemed completely dead if you ask me. No updates, a bunch of cancelled shows, and just Timo Tolkki's reaction to Kotipelto's statements.

The band just seems inactive right now. I doubt they'll cancel their shows...though there's a good chance they will.

Has their permanent line up even played a show together?

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:04 am

I hope that kind of rumors would stop someday:) They are pointless, in my humble opinion. Even if they are true, they just hurt or generate a bad atmosphere on something it really doesn't need to have one.
I try to read everything I can about Timo and nothing is revealing "RR" is disbanded, or inactive.
Most of the things generally takes some time to get done, composing, recording, producing, rehearsing, touring.
No matter what the intern or legal conflicts are, in a musical point of view, the RR band has an announced line up, a brand new album on the stores, plans for a second one soon, a working forum, an active myspace, and a schedule of shows for later this year. That's what I call a lot of activity for a new band.
The best for both bands, because they are integrated by genius musicians, and luminous human beings. Let's hope there will be always good news about them. And celebrate the music!
Rock the metal:)
Mariano-
Mariano

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:31 am

Looks like one of the concerts in Italiy has been cancelled, due to management problems (it wasn't cancelled by the band). If that's the source of said "rumours", I guess there's nothing to speculate about, move on...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:01 am

lets see what the rrumor is. tolkki did just get back from his mob job in italy

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:12 am

The tour isn't until December, right? It takes at least that long to plan everything&get details situated. I don't think anyone has to worry at this point about the tour being cancelled.
TT is supposed to announce the RR bass player when he returns from Italy, I think.
About those Italy shows in August, they did not have anything to do with the upcoming tour with the main band RR.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Mörkö

Post by Mörkö » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:54 am

Inventariado wrote:I hope that kind of rumors would stop someday:) They are pointless, in my humble opinion. Even if they are true, they just hurt or generate a bad atmosphere on something it really doesn't need to have one. I try to read everything I can about Timo and nothing is revealing "RR" is disbanded, or inactive.
RR is not disbanded or inactive. Read what i wrote. The tour is just likely not to happen, and this is vague information according to some people on the inside. That's why I used the word "rumor". If you have a problem with people communicating things they have read or heard, the internet may not be the place for you. :)

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:14 am

Mörkö wrote:
Inventariado wrote:I hope that kind of rumors would stop someday:) They are pointless, in my humble opinion. Even if they are true, they just hurt or generate a bad atmosphere on something it really doesn't need to have one. I try to read everything I can about Timo and nothing is revealing "RR" is disbanded, or inactive.
(...) Read what i wrote. (...) If you have a problem with people communicating things they have read or heard, the internet may not be the place for you. :)
I've read what you wrote. I just added a reply to your topic with my opinion. Hey man I have no problem with anyone communicating anything:) just read what I wrote ;)
And back to topic, I really believe RR is active and I'll see them play here in Buenos Aires in a few months!
Mariano

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:42 am

Now rumor means that it's not confirmed, when morko wants to give no sourced information that is confirmed with the person morko gets the word from, that is done as separate anonymous information from reliable sources. morko is leading a agent operation against the Italian mob and therefore any leaks of sources could compromises the health of morko and morkos family.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:11 am

So far by going off official statements this is what I believe is true.

Stratovarius is going on without Tolkki, Tolkki is still planning on making an album with the older members, still don't know how that's going to be done.

Finally Tolkki has said nothing officially about breaking RR up so I'm going to assume that the RR breakup rumors are just that Rumors.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:32 am

the rumor would be that they wont do the SA tour. nothing more, nothing less than that. at least that's what i think morko is saying

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:54 am

Anyone else here who doesn't care?

ps

Post by ps » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:24 am

I recall Tolkki writing somewhere that Sep 4th, i.e. yesterday, is the time Revolution Renaissance will convene in Helsinki in its entirety.

Let's all hope they can concentrate on the main thing, but still find the time to do some internet newscasting like Jens & co are successfully doing.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:51 am

Mörkö wrote: The tour is just likely not to happen, and this is vague information according to some people on the inside.
Very precise. Some people on the inside.

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:58 am

Inventariado wrote:I hope that kind of rumors would stop someday:) They are pointless, in my humble opinion. Even if they are true, they just hurt or generate a bad atmosphere on something it really doesn't need to have one.
I try to read everything I can about Timo and nothing is revealing "RR" is disbanded, or inactive.
Most of the things generally takes some time to get done, composing, recording, producing, rehearsing, touring.
No matter what the intern or legal conflicts are, in a musical point of view, the RR band has an announced line up, a brand new album on the stores, plans for a second one soon, a working forum, an active myspace, and a schedule of shows for later this year. That's what I call a lot of activity for a new band.
The best for both bands, because they are integrated by genius musicians, and luminous human beings. Let's hope there will be always good news about them. And celebrate the music!
Rock the metal:)
Mariano-
Well said!!! :)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Mörkö

Post by Mörkö » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:17 pm

Inventariado wrote: Hey man I have no problem with anyone communicating anything :) just read what I wrote ;) And back to topic, I really believe RR is active and I'll see them play here in Buenos Aires in a few months!
I did read what you wrote which was "I hope that kind of rumors would stop someday. They are pointless". This shows you have a problem with me posting this information (for some reason.)

I believe RR are active but I don't anymore believe they will play in Buenos Aires in December but I may turn out to be wrong of course.

Mörkö

Post by Mörkö » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:19 pm

stratohawk wrote:Very precise. Some people on the inside.
That is as precise as I am willing to get.. take it or leave it :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Mörkö wrote:
Inventariado wrote: Hey man I have no problem with anyone communicating anything :) just read what I wrote ;) And back to topic, I really believe RR is active and I'll see them play here in Buenos Aires in a few months!
I did read what you wrote which was "I hope that kind of rumors would stop someday. They are pointless". This shows you have a problem with me posting this information (for some reason.)

I believe RR are active but I don't anymore believe they will play in Buenos Aires in December but I may turn out to be wrong of course.
Well, you were wrong about RR bass player.
Yet, you are right (according to info from Kotipelto)when it comes to the Reunion album being BS.
You were also right about Tolkki being banned.
2 out of 3 ain't bad. Get this one right&maybe people will know you are creditable! :bigok:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:57 pm

:) Someone told us that Morko is a journalist and they are generally right in 88% of what they say. So Morko is on the right track and we have to take it as a journalistisk truth, but as when we read our paper, not believe in everything. :lol: :lol: Maybe 88% of the Tour is cancelled? :lol:

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm not sure, but I think that it's 90% sure that Mörkö is a fin, mainly because it's a finnish word/name and because of the ö's.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:25 am

Stratowarius wrote::) Someone told us that Morko is a journalist and they are generally right in 88% of what they say. So Morko is on the right track and we have to take it as a journalistisk truth but as when we read our pap
er not believe in everything. :lol: :lol: Maube 88% of the Tour is cancelled? :lol:
hahaha...
no

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:18 am

Stratowarius wrote::) Someone told us that Morko is a journalist and they are generally right in 88% of what they say. So Morko is on the right track and we have to take it as a journalistisk truth but as when we read our pap
er not believe in everything. :lol: :lol: Maube 88% of the Tour is cancelled? :lol:
If Morko is a journalist he must be very, very, very close friends to one of the Stratoguys to know everything so intimately detailed and precise. Actually, I thought Morko is one of the Stratoguys. I'm not saying which 2 I was figuring him to be. :D Its just Morko knows so much, much more than you'd think a journalist would. ;)

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:35 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
If Morko is a journalist he must be very, very, very close friends to one of the Stratoguys to know everything so intimately detailed and precise. Actually, I thought Morko is one of the Stratoguys. I'm not saying which 2 I was figuring him to be. :D Its just Morko knows so much, much more than you'd think a journalist would. ;)
Mighty Jörgi?
---...---

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:21 am

http://www.elfwood.com/fanq/r/i/riina2/ ... d.jpg.html

"aaah, Mörkö (or Hufsa as I know her, me being Norwegian), was my worst nightmare for years! seeing Moomin again in the later times, still sends a shiver down my spine... She is really a fascinating yet sad character."

"GAH!
Mårran ruined my childhood!
And she still scares the hell out of me

Good picture though, but she is still the scariest shit ever invented... I dont know anything about her background, do you?"

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wouldnt it be hilariously fun if Morko was mr Tolkki himself. Then I would change my thoughts about him. But something like that is of course impossible. I still think he is a journalist very close to the band and not someone in the band because they have other things to do now. With all that rats, mice and green monsters. A journalists job is to look up news wherever they are and I think he has channels in mr Tolkkis camp. too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:48 pm

icecab21 wrote:http://www.elfwood.com/fanq/r/i/riina2/ ... d.jpg.html

"aaah, Mörkö (or Hufsa as I know her, me being Norwegian), was my worst nightmare for years! seeing Moomin again in the later times, still sends a shiver down my spine... She is really a fascinating yet sad character."

"GAH!
Mårran ruined my childhood!
And she still scares the hell out of me

Good picture though, but she is still the scariest shit ever invented... I dont know anything about her background, do you?"
She? I never knew it was a she.

Oh those hours of sleep I lost because of Mörkö.
My heart almost stopped because of the unspeakable horror of seeing her(?) for the first time as a child.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:50 pm

it seems to be from a tv show

KilledByDETH

Post by KilledByDETH » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:53 am

i heard about purple monkey dishwasher.... , i swear straight from blabbermouth :P