MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL.......9/11 Tribute

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL.......9/11 Tribute

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:59 am

September 11, 2001 Silent Night Song
http://smokeys-trail.com/9-11-01.html

The 9/11 Silent Night Song Lyrics

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11, 2001.
Neither will I.
I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say, "Good-bye."
I held his fingers steady as he dialed
I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK...I am ready to go."
I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children.
I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.
I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out for Me for help. "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!" I said, "Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now."
I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.
I was on four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.
I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?
I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met me for the first time on the 86th floor.
Some sought Me with their last breath.
Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; "Come to Me...this way...take My hand." Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me.
But, I was there.
I did not place you in the tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?
September 11, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go."
I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.
Remember...I love you.
Author: Unknown

"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

NeonVomit

Re: MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL.......9/11 Tribute

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:13 am

It's funny how the human memory works. I can remember exactly what I was doing, what I was wearing, what the weather was like, on that day when I turned the tv on and saw that.

I certainly won't ever forget how I felt.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 am

It started out as a typical day.
Up at 6am, put clothes into laundry, fix breakfast for my son&I. I washed dishes while he got ready for school(he was in 10th grade), and at 7am after he caught the bus I started doing chores. I finished a few minutes after nine, heated up some coffee&sat down to watch alittle TV.
Well, for some reason I turned to CNN and it was right after the first plane hit the towers&I was shocked to say the least! At that time, they thought it was an accident. Then, right on TV, the second plane hit the other tower! I knew, as everyone else, it was no accident!!!!! After that, it was a whirl of things going on the likes I had not saw before.
About 11am, Vic came in from school because the National Alert levels had went so high authorities thought there was danger of nuclear war. I was a baby when the Cuban Missile Crisis happened, so I called my Mom who said this happened during that period in time, too.
Later that day when I went to work the rumors were still saying 10,000 were killed. Everyone was in shock, and alot were very angry. But, the most prevalent of emotions was, "How DARE they do this to us!"
And, you know, I think that was their main motive? To shake up every Americans security and even, trust. Destroy the morale and faith of every USAer. I mean, even the poorest of Americans up 'til then had a secure feeling about living in USA, but now a bunch of fanatics, with a bit of flight school training&box cutters has shattered national domestic tranquility!

Yes, I remember that day and in our heart of hearts, every American knows it will never be the same again.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

dirge

Post by dirge » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:42 pm

I was playing counter strike, some people on there said that 'a plane has gone into a building' I thought nothing of it... until I put the tv on hours later that is.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:15 pm

I was just checking out the text-TV as usual (does any other country even have that?) and saw a headline saying something like "airplane crashed to a building" and ignored it thinking it was just a small glider that had accidentally touched a side of a building in some small town somewhere in Finland, as usual. No harm done.
Then came the news...
I can't possibly remember what my thoughts were or if I even knew what to think about it to begin with. The next day we had a one minute silence at our school in memoriam of the victims.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:28 pm

I was in School.
They told us, we went to the roof, and saw the smoke.
We said our goodbyes, and went home.

To watch TV.

I remenber that I walked from my school to home, around a 20 minute walk and I could see not a single sould in the streets. The city died. Everyone was watching TV. No one was outside. The tranquillity was amazing.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:23 pm

I was studying for a high school history exam in my room. My brother came in to watch the special on TV, I told him to bugger off. I didn't realise what had happened.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:54 pm

THROUGH THE DARKNESSImage

September 11, 2001
will be remembered as
one of the blackest days in
the history of the United States.

Hijacked airplanes rammed the
World Trade Center,
toppling the twin towers.
The Pentagon was struck and
partially destroyed.
Thousands perished.
What happened was a
heinous and violent act
not only against the United States,
but against all mankind and God.

And though we will search for
a reason why this happened,
we will never understand why
someone would commit such a
crime against their fellow man.

But we can pray for every soul
that has been touched by this
terrorist act,
for all of those who were killed,
for all of those who were wounded,
and for all of those who
lost someone they love.
And we can pray for this country
in hopes that such a day will
never be written into
our history books again.

God has not abandoned us
through this crisis.
He has sent his angels
to guide those who
were killed home
and to comfort those who
lost someone they love.
He's lending all of us
the strength to deal with
this tragedy.

Through the darkness,
He's sending his healing light.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:51 am

since this one sort of gets the power metal attitude

Brave warriors in suits of armor yellow and black,
Answering a call for help without question they go on the attack.

Mounting their powerful steeds of gleaming gold and red,
Of their fears and worries nothing is said.

They race to the battle, an unforgiving demon to slay,
Until the task is complete not one will stray.

Working to exhaustion as their chest's pound,
Into the lair of the beast, insane as it may sound.

To snatch a person from death is the goal and greatest reward,
It's what all the preparation and self sacrifice is geared toward.

They love their country and all their neighbors the same,
It's a vocation that provides little financial profit or gain.

Their mission is simple the American dream to defend,
A life to save, a home to protect, to this they will tend.

JDK

http://www.9-11heroes.us/911-poems.php

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Funny, this reminds me of how my parents and the other folks in that generation talk about the JFK assassination. Who would have thought that we'd live to see an occasion as memorable?
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:46 pm

we are making history everyday, whether we like it or not our descendants will be reading about us and our experiences much the same way we read about WWI or WWII.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:16 am

One of the interesting things about history is the way it forms from different groups and the ways people respond to that. In some cases emotions get in the way of looking at points of view and calmly and methodically correcting when there is misinformation. Today at the bookstore I found a book called history lessons and it gives USA history as told from textbooks around the world. It’s amazing to see what kind of material is out there and how language and agenda’s affect the ideas and beliefs of people in the world.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 am

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Cruise_2000/r/I ... l2001.html

"Inspirationals"
For
September 11th, 2001
God's Army

It was late one Tuesday evening, before a mother finally sat down, to tell her only child about the terror that hit downtown. As she looked into the eyes of the son that she loved so, she felt her heart begin to break and the hurt begin to show.

She gathered all her strength and courage, her story she began to tell."Baby don't cry, but I'm afraid daddy might be underneath a building that fell."

The boy looked back at his mother, his eyes made not one blink. And the mother's tears began to fall. What would her son think?
You see, his dad is a firefighter, and his hero from the day of his birth. He loved his dad more than anything else that could ever inherit this earth.

The mother's head began to drop, her forehead resting on palm. She thought her son would be upset.Instead, he was very calm. The boy leaned over towards his mom, and put his small hand on her head.

In her ear he began to whisper, and this is what he said:
"Mommy please don't cry, I knew daddy wasn't coming home.I talked to him just a while ago, only it wasn't on the phone. He told me that he loved me,and he promised we'd meet again. And he told about his new home, and his new job he was to begin."

The boy explained that God was building an army, and he told of all the angels he needed. "And, That,is where daddy and the others went. They weren't all defeated."

It was then, the mother lifted her head.The tears streamed down her face,and she could feel her husband's presence, as it filled her heart with grace.

It was then she knew her son was right.He was in God's army now. She also knew her son would always be safe, that he'd be kept from harm somehow.

So, let the evil-doers of the world beware. An army is on the way, and it's just been revived with a few thousand new angels.
They've started the dawn of a new day.This army's commander has never been beaten. His power has never been matched, and if these monsters think he was almighty before......
Well, the surface has just been scratched!
Author Unknown

"Christine Hanson"

My name is Christine Hanson.
I am only two years old.
I am going for a ride,
or that's what I am told.
I am sitting here quietly,
next to my mom and dad.
I am having a fun time.
Everyone seems glad.

Why is he yelling Daddy?
Please tell me what's wrong!
Please don't cry Mommy,
this ride won't be that long!

Why are we getting up
and moving to the back?
Why is everyone crying?
Why is she being attacked?
What did I do wrong?
Why are they yelling at us?
Why is everyone screaming?
What is all the fuss?

I thought you said that this plane ride would be fun.
Is this a game Mommy?
Am I it, am I the one?
I think I will hide behind you,
so that I don't get caught.
Daddy this isn't fun anymore!
This isn't what I thought.

Why do I see buildings right out the window
Shouldn't we stop now?
Shouldn't we go slow?
What was that loud boom?
Why do I see fire?
What just happened Daddy?
We should have been higher!

We have hit a building,
the World Trade Center I think.
I am slowly dying now.
I can't open my eyes to blink.
Where are you Mommy?
Why can't I hear your voice?
Why did they drive us here?
This wasn't our choice.

My name is Christine Hanson,
I am only two years old,
We were going for a plane ride.
That's what we were told.
I'll never go to the prom.
I won't reach the age of three.
Why did this happen to these people?
Why did this happen to me?

Author Unknown

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:17 pm

I was at some math exam when it happened. I remember going out of the class and people telling me "You won't believe what happened in USA, 3 planes crashed into the buildings". I went home and watched news on TV for the next several hours ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose