Work in progress II

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

With his new film, Lauri has taken the art of filmmaking to new heights.

No, please make him stop before he commits another atrocity.
14%
Yes, He clearly is the greatest filmmaker in the planet.
86%

Total votes: 63

RazielSR
Re: Work in progress II

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:02 pm

Yes icecab, it's awesome. That's what I think while listening to Stratovarius. Thanks to Stratovarius and these guys, we can have that feelings and many people started to make music thanks to Stratovarius.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:08 am

I’m just glad there are not the YouTube comments of telling people they have the wrong opinion. Every band has greatness in its own way and when music gives great feelings that is such a reward. There are lots of great things to come from all these guys and what they inspire is a continuing piece of their own legacy just like they are carrying on the legacy of their own inspirations.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:54 am

:o Sometimes one can discern some light in your tunnel Icecar. You can be positiv if you really want and that makes me sort of happy :wink:

Kay

Post by Kay » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:30 pm

Hell, yeah! The video is so fun, but the most important thing is: the new stuff sounds amazing!!!

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Wow. This new stuff sounds fucking great! Jens and guys are making very good stuff. Can't wait to hear some more of this new stuff :!:

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:54 pm

The most beutiful thing about this AMAZING :) video, is that the music sounds like Stratovarius!!!, and I'm so fucking proud of this guys.

There are some "Hymn" feelings in this one, GOOD!!!

keep us updated!

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:The most beutiful thing about this AMAZING :) video, is that the music sounds like Stratovarius!!!, and I'm so fucking proud of this guys.

There are some "Hymn" feelings in this one, GOOD!!!

keep us updated!
It DOES sound like earlier Stratovarius, yet with something fresh and intriguing. Those guitar riffs are so edgy, I love it! Can't wait for more.
Let's Rage!

JavyMetal1092

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:20 pm

RazielSR wrote:When I listen to Kotipelto's voice in the video....he stills sending to me shivers down my spine.

Cannot exist, cannot exist, will never exist a voice like Kotipelto's voice. Like God cannot exist because his attributes would require limits, it cannot exist a similar voice.

I'm still crying listening Father time, Season of Change, Speed of light, Eternity, LOTW.... And now seeing this guys again together having fun, it makes me feel extremely good.
It's a pity that they (Tolkki and the rest) cannot exist together. Tolkki is the best composer and cannot exist a better one. Jens is the best keyboardist and cannot exist a better one, the same with Jörg on drums.

I will always have this guys in my heart.

Will never exist better musicians. Never. It's my opinion and it is enough for me. And they are here with us, sharing all his emotions.

I just hope to see them playing classics again, because only Kotipelto can sing the classical Stratovarius songs. I don't want to see the name of Stratovarius death, I don't want to forget Stratovarius feelings. Stratovarius will always exist, because Stratovarius is Eternity.
I really agree with all
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Kay wrote:Hell, yeah! The video is so fun, but the most important thing is: the new stuff sounds amazing!!!
I agree totally with this :D :party: :headbang:

Leda Soares

Post by Leda Soares » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Kiitos LP!!!!

:party:
I stand alone in the darkness.
The winter of my life came so fast.
Memories go back to my childhood
To days I still recall...

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:07 am

it still has that neo-classical sound which is a staple of their band but it also has some harder progressive elements which I think are reminiscent of Dream Theater.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:29 am

Today friend of mine who is very close to Lauri Porra told me that Lauri played some new Stratovarius songs for him. 4 or so. He said that he was surprised how progressive they sounded, almost like Dream Theater. There was nothing close to the old Stratovarius style, which I think is a good thing. Lauri said that there are no fast double bass drumming songs at all and that the material is quite complicated.
Here is a part of a harvester's rr forum post.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:57 am

ANd thats my reply:

Listening to the pre-demos in the videos Lauri uses to post in Strato forum, I don't see DT style, I see Stratovarius style, as always. So I don't know if this info its true or not.

Anyway I don't like progressive metal. Just some DT songs (mainly Train of Thoughts), and Symphony X (but they are not as prog as DT)

I don't know if that style is gonna fit.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

LauriPorra

Post by LauriPorra » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:38 pm

icecab21 wrote:
Today friend of mine who is very close to Lauri Porra told me that Lauri played some new Stratovarius songs for him. 4 or so. He said that he was surprised how progressive they sounded, almost like Dream Theater. There was nothing close to the old Stratovarius style, which I think is a good thing. Lauri said that there are no fast double bass drumming songs at all and that the material is quite complicated.
Here is a part of a harvester's rr forum post.

I can easily confirm this as bullshit.

1. i have not played the songs to anybody yet.

2. If you listen to the pre-demos in the videos you can easily notice some pretty fuckin fast double bass drumming by the great Jörg Michael

3. As far as i see it there are no dream theater influences here as none of us are really into their style. of course it is matter of opinion. ( I always saw some Mozart in sex pistols ) In my opinion we are basically making power metal with some symphonic and some progressive elements added. I´m really into the stuff that we have done and can´t wait for you all to hear it.

now why would Harvester post something like this?

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:39 pm

That 'Harvester' is just the same asshole as 'Mörkö'. People who just play with our brains, saying extremely stupid things, the truth is on the table, THERE ARE double bass drums, speed, solos, and no Jame Labrie :lol: .........maybe WARMEN stuff!!!

So, stop paying attention to these people without balls, cowards

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Good one Lauri, thit is the only way to stop this nonsense and stupid bullshit.

Verdades, you are completely right.

The pre-demos sound completely amazing and that's enough. We are gonna have very good music, I'm really happy, we, the fans are really happy, the cowards/bastards can go to hell.
Jörg is the best with double bass and we can listen it in the pre-demos, we are gonna have double bass and power metal from that excelent musicians and we are gonna see how Lauri and Matias can bring us new fresh ideas. Really really good.

Stratovarius new line-up is gonna kick all the bastards asses. This is the new Stratovarius and is gonna be GREAT, same style with improvements and new ideas. POWER METAL FOR YOU TONIIIIGHTTT!!! LEGIONNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Raven

Post by Raven » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:04 pm

LauriPorra wrote: now why would Harvester post something like this?
Maybe cause "Harvester" hears that those music clips are not anything like Last Viking or Coldness -albums, and he also hears that there's much more "Visions -spirit" than in any Strato albums that have been released after Visions.

Maybe "Harvester" is also fucking scared that your band might work and be more successful than for eaxample band called Revolution Renaissance.

I trust you guys 100% and I'm sure that this future album will bring Stratovarius back on map as one of the Greatest.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Raven wrote:
LauriPorra wrote: now why would Harvester post something like this?
Maybe cause "Harvester" hears that those music clips are not anything like Last Viking or Coldness -albums, and he also hears that there's much more "Visions -spirit" than in any Strato albums that have been released after Visions.

Maybe "Harvester" is also fucking scared that your band might work and be more successful than for eaxample band called Revolution Renaissance.

I trust you guys 100% and I'm sure that this future album will bring Stratovarius back on map as one of the Greatest.
:lol: :uzi:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:25 pm

The guitar solo was a lot higher pitched than previus stratovarius. There is not that singnature tolkki guitar sound. Since it's such a damm great solo i hope the new album is filled with that style of solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF-cXjxg ... re=related

songs like The Spirit Carries On are the dream theater songs i would not mind some simularity to. since it is not so much of a progressive song as a melodic song that is part of that.

mitelika

Post by mitelika » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:32 am

Now I think what Molko said is right. Harvester's style is very Tolkki. No one eles would say bullshit like this that could easily be unproved. I can hardly think of someone outside the scene will profit from talking like that.
I have never liked Tolkki. He is the one who always behaves like a child. He did not even put an eye on here strato forum. :lol:

Sillepille

Post by Sillepille » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:22 pm

I love this video!
But don't forget working :D
We need the new album soon :headbang:

:beer: :beer: :beer: BIER!!!

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:14 pm

mitelika wrote:Now I think what Molko said is right. Harvester's style is very Tolkki. No one eles would say bullshit like this that could easily be unproved. I can hardly think of someone outside the scene will profit from talking like that.
I have never liked Tolkki. He is the one who always behaves like a child. He did not even put an eye on here strato forum. :lol:
I'm afraid I now have to agree with you. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt so many times and always he's proven me wrong. His style of posting is so obvious and predictable, it's easy to know when it is him. It seems anytime something good happens for the other guys, he tries to swing attention back to himself. That is sad. I'm afraid to think what he will do when the new "Stratovarius" album comes out to great reviews. Hopefully, no one will take him seriously anymore by then.
Let's Rage!

Raven

Post by Raven » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:51 pm

Aldaron wrote:That is sad.
Yes, it's sad, but it's also very sick.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:11 pm

:shock: :shock: I'm hearing over and over again the pre-demos and are awesome!!!.

I know I won't be able to sleep the day before I have the new Stratovarius album in my hands... :o :o :o

giovannivarius

Post by giovannivarius » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:15 am

this is fuckin awesome, i can't wait to hear more :twisted:

Mörkö

Post by Mörkö » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:12 am

Verdades Parias wrote:That 'Harvester' is just the same asshole as 'Mörkö'. People who just play with our brains, saying extremely stupid things, the truth is on the table, THERE ARE double bass drums, speed, solos, and no Jame Labrie :lol: .........maybe WARMEN stuff!!!
I am a different asshole than Harvester. :lol: I am sometimes posting news regarding both bands. All of what I have written has turned out to be true, even if some of that unfortunately was painful for someone. Causing pain or confusion is not my purpose in posting, I am friends with some people involved and want to explain things in the face of willful silence or misinformation.

Harvester is posting things that turn out to be false, and he is doing it because he wants to gain attention, and maybe also cause pain and confusion.

And yes, the "Strato" pre-demos are awesome.. just wait until you hear the rest. ;)

As always you be the judge, I don't care.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:33 am

Indeed, cool stuff!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:08 am

Well some of what morko has said is just commentary so that can't be included as truth. The predictions of the future and the hypothesis of the past are not part of fact

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:44 pm

:lol: You have your own trueswitness Icecar. :lol: :lol: So sorry to see how some of them accuse you of having no- our wrong- humor. When will you ever learn?? :roll:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:47 pm

hey, if you listen closely enough you can hear some words kotipelto sings! (Around 1:25). they sound awesome!!! not like crappy demos!!! yay!
---...---