Childhood picture

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
ADNAN
Childhood picture

Post by ADNAN » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:38 pm

And if you show us your childhood pictures !!
With The Wings Of The Wind I Willl Fly

2 + 2 = 5

... I'm Coming Home !!!

browneyedgirl

Re: Childhood picture

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:51 pm

I cannot upload a pic, but this little girl resembles me very much when I was a kid. :oops:
I was very cute back then. Yeah, WAS! :D

ADNAN

Post by ADNAN » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:57 pm

you had also this hair cut !! :) :P
nice !!
With The Wings Of The Wind I Willl Fly

2 + 2 = 5

... I'm Coming Home !!!

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:14 pm

So sweet :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:22 pm

ADNAN wrote:you had also this hair cut !! :) :P
nice !!
LOL yep, bangs and ribbons! :D
I was an ugly baby, a pretty child, a very sexy teen, and back as a Plain Jane adult. :lol: Everybody always has their day! =P So, the advice is: make the most of it while you have it. ;)

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:32 pm

It's a nice pic, although I would have preferred to see a real one of you. Why don't you ever upload one when you were a teen or a current one? I think everybody has uploaded a pic but you :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:40 pm

Lurdi wrote:It's a nice pic, although I would have preferred to see a real one of you. Why don't you ever upload one when you were a teen or a current one? I think everybody has uploaded a pic but you :wink:
I don't have the equipment, but hopefully soon I will. :D
Then, its judgment time at the OK Corral, I guess! :lol:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Ok, so as soon as you have the equipment upload one. Don't forget what you've said!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:40 am

i recommend you dont.. it will be used against you by people with too much time on their hands.. :roll:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:00 am

what's the worst that could happen with photoshop?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:13 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:i recommend you dont.. it will be used against you by people with too much time on their hands.. :roll:
Yes, I know. ;) People are not as kind, tolerate and loving as they try to pretend to be. ;) Judging&making fun of others is the #1 sport these days, even if its behind a persons back.
Actually, privacy is a very precious commodity&I tend to keep it. There won't be any pics of my grandson posted publically, either, no matter how beautiful he is.

Its interesting. I've saw people post their pics&other people's attitude toward the poster can change in the blink of the eye---to the good&the bad. For example, a very popular guy posted a pic he said was him(whether it was really him, I don't know). He was slightly overweight with glasses. Some people imediately started chiding him, saying,"that nerd couldn't be you!" The guy did not post here again.
On the other hand, I have saw unpopular females here become "belles of the ball" here whenever they post their pic&they are a "babe". ;)
So, yeah. Human nature trumps love&tolerance&kindness any day. :)

A good thing that can be done by me posting a pic is proving to a few idiot judgmental jerks that I am not fat. Can you imagine people making assumptions about people they have never saw before. :roll: How childish.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:59 pm

Elbert Hubbard once said 'Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway." I think that this is a wise quote. When someone doesn't like me I've learned not to waste time trying to change their mind.

On the other hand I've met people with serious behavior issues who are completely unapologetic; this is a different extreme. I knew someone who was a completely compulsive liar- he'd make up obviously fabricated stories all the time. But he had this attitude that if anyone doesn't like him, they can go to hell..and the truth was, he just had a bad attitude. So I guess its important to strike a balance between being self-critical and not paying too much attention to what others think.

The internet is a whole different game though..with total anonymity. people's criticisms are rarely constructive.