revolution renaissance website!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratohawk
Re: revolution renaissance website!

Post by stratohawk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:40 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:The content of the website is good, but why is the format so dark? ?
Why not? 8) If it's that kind of atmosphere they want to create... Let's see if it does fit to their music.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:16 pm

stratohawk wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:The content of the website is good, but why is the format so dark? ?
Why not? 8) If it's that kind of atmosphere they want to create... Let's see if it does fit to their music.
Oh, OK. Is that the reason? OK. :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:20 pm

I guess now we get the obligatory he sucks she sucks stuff that people love to go on about different bands and different singers. I’m glad we have another helloween gammaray where people have to hate one helloween singer and hate one band. Bands play for those that like them, not those that don't care. people are giving gus a higher standard to meet than they give tk for one, for two, why the hell do they need to compare?

http://www.myspace.com/takararocks
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =198183240
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=75453756
www.myspace.com/162398364
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =109782905

the guy gets a lot of work and requests so there are a lot of people that don't need to insult him and in fact enjoy him.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:53 pm

boswoth wrote:
Oceanids wrote:How do you know that? Why is it that because the guys get along well that they are "yes" men? I know two of them quite well and they certainly are not.

Different situatution and dynamic of course than with Stratovarius. But these musicians were carefully chosen based on their talent and potential for the band, not cause they kissed Timo's ass. He could much more easily have found 4 or 5 random Finnish guys to do that for a lot less work. :lol:
When was the last time you told Timo "you're wrong"? :)
Have you ever thought that you are wrong? You know a fragment of their personalities, thoughts and reasoning behind joining the band yet you speak like know the whole like some psychological authority. Maybe you are the narcisist?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:43 pm

now if stratovarius is getting more attention then rr then why are there more posts here per day then per day of the stratovarius demo vids they put up? If someone wants to point to the who is doing the posting I can check that out but still. 4 out of 5 of the top on the stratovarius forum are about RR. I don’t know how morko measure attention but I would say morkos guess that RR will never have more attention then matius and the rest of the band has been proven false. More are listaning to the rr demos per day than the stratovarius per day. rr has sold more albums than matias stratovarius as well.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 pm

I guess now we get the obligatory he sucks she sucks stuff that people love to go on about different bands and different singers. I’m glad we have another helloween gammaray where people have to hate one helloween singer and hate one band.
Icecab, you're a cool dude and please don't take this personally, but I implore you to proofread your posts a little bit! Your grammar is atrocious and each of your posts take me ten minutes to read and understand.

Just say what you type out loud before you post it, please!

boswoth

Post by boswoth » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 pm

Burning Reflection wrote:Have you ever thought that you are wrong? You know a fragment of their personalities, thoughts and reasoning behind joining the band yet you speak like know the whole like some psychological authority. Maybe you are the narcisist?
I am studying to become a psychologist. It doesn't mean I'm never wrong about people, I wish it did :)

From what I can tell Tolkki has NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder), he even talked about this himself in the long interview last week.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:54 pm

"Matias Stratovarius" has not released an album yet, or are you talking about something else entirely, icecab21? :?

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Come on people, lets just listen both bands and support them. I like demos too. Now we have 2 bands that we can listen. We should go on too.. :D

Let's stop the bullshit-talk already.

Icarus song is like complication of Strato-Alphaomega-Wakingthegiant-SoulofVagabond. Nice song :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:11 pm

they will BY FAR eclipse any success and attention he will have with Revolution Renaissance
Morko never gave measurements so how I’m I supposed to know what morko meant?

I really enjoy both bands and I hope no one is measuring success by attention. Success should be how well the band feels about their own music and the connection between band members, not some popularity measurement.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:52 am

Heroes was good, but HH&L and We Hold the Key... some parts in the latter song yes, but all-in-all... :?

But well, RR is a new band and what matters is that the new singer fits that band's style and not Strato's. Noone can really copy Stratovarius without Kotipelto, anyone may say anything, but the singer is always the number one component for a band, voices are the most unique sounds in music.

The site looks good, I think there's absolutely no problem with the black theme (I set it here on the StratoForum too), black is basically the best background colour for pages as it doesn't stress your eyes that much. Especially for night hawks like me. :P
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:18 am

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited about this as well. :D

Mörkö

Post by Mörkö » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 am

icecab21 wrote:4 out of 5 of the top on the stratovarius forum are about RR.
It is because there has been some very significant RR news lately, and fans of both bands know that people can speak much more freely in this place than in any place Timo Tolkki moderates.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:10 am

I've said tones of stuff over there with freedom. The only irrational response I have gotten is when I asked why he said things in an interview while he told us he had legal issues with saying anything. He avoids some questions like the plague but in general most stuff is open. there is a lot of stuff on that site with people making the same comments made here.

What did you mean by saying RR will never receive the same attention? Was the measurement accumulative or at a continuous? Was that supposed to be more like the helloween gamma ray thing? There have been plenty of times on the continuous scale, but not on the accumulative scale, that gamma ray has received more attention.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:35 am

What about the penile scale?
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:46 am

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:04 am

Are your sources reliable?
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:46 am

Not my sources, I really have no clue and especially will not check. I guess if you want to start a non profit service to lead investigations into the truth of penis size then good luck. You can even go the scientology route and make your project a religion.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:51 am

:lol:

That website knows penises! and it seems reliable.
---...---

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 pm

icecab21 wrote:You can even go the scientology route and make your project a religion.
Good idea! Stealth, when do we start our own religion? :lol:
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:39 pm

Mörkö wrote:
icecab21 wrote:4 out of 5 of the top on the stratovarius forum are about RR.
It is because there has been some very significant RR news lately, and fans of both bands know that people can speak much more freely in this place than in any place Timo Tolkki moderates.
Thats an understatement.

@icecab21, TT said he would ban you the next time you tried out your excessively smartass humor in his forum. :lol:

Yes, it was kinda irrational because what you posted was not that extreme. Matter of fact, you post quite perfectly over there.
I'd love to see you try to post that Metal Sludge garbage over at RR Forum. :lol:

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:13 pm

icecab21 wrote: What did you mean by saying RR will never receive the same attention? Was the measurement accumulative or at a continuous?
I think he was saying that RR wouldn't get the attention from people in the business which may limit its exposure to the public. Anyway, that's what I gathered from this post:
A reputation for reckless behavior, fraud and irrationally backing out of deals makes it hard to find reliable people who trust you and want to do business with you, and to get funding.
Well, that's what it sounded like to me, but only time will tell.

I like the website. Cool graphics and the colors work for me. Hope the forum follows the same color scheme. I have trouble reading the current forum's teal on grey without highlighting the words.

I apparently irritated him in the forum too, though I still haven't figured out how. :(
Let's Rage!

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:58 pm

:) Hi there again. I have been"bissi"for a while but now I am in Helsinki to visit my relatives and I will tell you what happens here-in my view. This is a comparatively small town and people gossip a lot. I have followed this saga about Tolkki on the net and I was very suprised when noone here is in the least interested.I went to bars and pubs where musicians use to go and I hoped to here some juicy stuff but noone even talked about RR-or Tolkki at all.As I understand it he has become an "internetperson" and is no longer of some interest in the real world.Íts an other thing with the Stratoguys.They are wery popular and respected for their skills.Maybe because they are all finns. :lol:
How could it go so wrong?That is my question. :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:26 pm

Miss Destiny wrote::) Hi there again. I have been"bissi"for a while but now I am in Helsinki to visit my relatives and I will tell you what happens here-in my view. This is a comparatively small town and people gossip a lot. I have followed this saga about Tolkki on the net and I was very suprised when noone here is in the least interested.I went to bars and pubs where musicians use to go and I hoped to here some juicy stuff but noone even talked about RR-or Tolkki at all.As I understand it he has become an "internetperson" and is no longer of some interest in the real world.Íts an other thing with the Stratoguys.They are wery popular and respected for their skills.Maybe because they are all finns. :lol:
How could it go so wrong?That is my question. :wink:
Hey, I was thinking about you the other day. Welcome back! :)

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:39 pm

:) Thank you dear Beg. You really made me feel welcome. :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:25 pm

tolkki does not need to be the one that manages rr and if going through managment would help the band gain business deals i would hope he takes advantage of that. im sure after a period of being sober and rational with recod deals he can gain back some trust if that is a problem. stratovarius will haved a easyer time getting investers now but who knows what will come in the future?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:24 am

I don't really like the design of the new website but I guess the content makes up for the design.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:57 am

The forum has a friend and foes list. It lets you automaticly skip posts from the foes. It also lets you write in black on black background,

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:31 pm

What happened to RR? Is it still alive?

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:05 pm

rikkertje wrote:What happened to RR? Is it still alive?
it's alive but at the moment in the dark corner, alone, with a bottle of whiskey on hand, mumbling.