New Revolution Renaissance Demos

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Verdades Parias
New Revolution Renaissance Demos

Post by Verdades Parias » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:51 pm

For me the best songs are the new versions of Stratovarius songs, Gus voice is......amazing. About the RR songs, the "new era" ones + 'icarus'/loneliness of 1000 years, I really was expecting something that blow my head away but....I was very dissapointed. Both new songs, are exactly the same song that we all already heard 200 times, with different lyrics. Something is still missing....THE KEYS SOLOS!!!....where are they???.

It doesn't feel fresh and brilliant, it sounds bored, slow and tired. My humble opinion.

However, something that i really like is Gus voice...real powerful and dinamic

icecab21

Re: New Revolution Renaissance Demos

Post by icecab21 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:15 pm

by the sheet music they are not songs anyone has heard before. same song with different lyrics and notes is a tough definition to follow.

MikeKhalilov

Post by MikeKhalilov » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:15 pm

Keys solos are in "Heroes", "Last Night on Earth", and "Loneliness of 1000 Years"

How did you miss them? 8)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:48 pm

:lol: :lol:

And we were talking in RR forum about the lack of guitar solos because the excess of keyboards solos :lol: :lol: :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:05 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:It doesn't feel fresh and brilliant, it sounds bored, slow and tired. My humble opinion.
Exactly what I was trying to say in the other topic ("Revolution Renaissance website"). I said the songs had no emotion and sounded uninspired, and it's funny how you used the exact word I was thinking about: tired.

For some inspiration, this band needs a true metal heart... Someone like Beto Zamarbide. :D

:?
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

mitelika

Post by mitelika » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:19 am

MikeKhalilov wrote:Keys solos are in "Heroes", "Last Night on Earth", and "Loneliness of 1000 Years"

Welcome, Mike! @@~

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:18 pm

sorry for my lack of expression, i already heard dthe demos a few times, but what i really miss, is the solo duets, that rampage of solos between the guitar and the keys.

The new songs, like a i said before, are too similar to songs in 'new era'. Also 'Loneliness' starts with the same keyboard of a Saana song (don't remember) and is too much similar to the intro of Sleeping sun of Nightwish

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:sorry for my lack of expression, i already heard dthe demos a few times, but what i really miss, is the solo duets, that rampage of solos between the guitar and the keys.

The new songs, like a i said before, are too similar to songs in 'new era'. Also 'Loneliness' starts with the same keyboard of a Saana song (don't remember) and is too much similar to the intro of Sleeping sun of Nightwish

About the solos: Those songs were just the demos and probably not gonna be anything like the real songs? And yeah, we've heard two new songs (demos) so far and I say we'll see when the real album comes out :)

I think the demos sounded good but you can tell they are demos. The keyboard solo fitted well in the Heroes-song for instance :)

Demir

Post by Demir » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:54 pm

Stratovarius covers with Gus WTF!? Whos it whos trying to "cash in"!? lol

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:02 pm

its his own songs. he owns the songwriting rights. its also hard to cash in on something you give away for free.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Demir wrote:Stratovarius covers with Gus WTF!? Whos it whos trying to "cash in"!? lol
Kai Hansen plays his Helloween-songs with Gamma Ray.
Ritchie Blackmore plays his Deep Purple and Rainbow -songs with Blackmore's Night.
Ronnie James Dio plays his Rainbow and Sabbath-songs with Dio.
Jon Oliva plays his Savatage-songs with Jon Oliva's Pain.

Go cry to your mama.

Demir

Post by Demir » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Mormegil wrote:
Demir wrote:Stratovarius covers with Gus WTF!? Whos it whos trying to "cash in"!? lol
Ritchie Blackmore plays his Deep Purple and Rainbow -songs with Blackmore's Night.
Go cry to your mama.
Yeah live but TO RECORD THEM!?

Im gonna go do your mama , I heard from TOLKKI that she swallows and as we know TOLKI never lies :lol:

Demir

Post by Demir » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:31 pm

icecab21 wrote:its his own songs. he owns the songwriting rights. its also hard to cash in on something you give away for free.
yeah great. if you think hes doing that to be nice to the fans youre a fucking moron . the man is only about what HE needs. hes trying deperately to promote his new band becaue he fucked up old one.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:32 pm

they are demos
gamma ray has live cd with his helloween songs that they are selling. the songs belong to the writer not the band.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Demir wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Go cry to your mama.

Im gonna go do your mama , I heard from TOLKKI that she swallows and as we know TOLKI never lies :lol:
Oh yeah? Well your mama's so fat, her ass has its own congress-man.

Demir

Post by Demir » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:56 pm

Mormegil wrote:
Demir wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Go cry to your mama.

Oh yeah? Well your mama's so fat, her ass has its own congress-man.
lol

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:31 am

^^LOOOLLLL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Verdades Parias wrote:Also 'Loneliness' starts with the same keyboard of a Saana song (don't remember) and is too much similar to the intro of Sleeping sun of Nightwish
I think the demos sound pretty good which could indicate the line-up may work well. But I agree with you that the intro of the Loneliness song sounds very much a Saana alike. :?
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:18 am

hes trying deperately to promote his new band
so by giving away songs he is trying to promote his band? no shit sherlock. by giving songs away he is making a mutrual deal, he gains and fans gain. this is a basic concept. when bands sell their music it is because they make a living and want to feed their families. when they give stuff away that is called a promotion that has the intention of having more people buy their music and help them feed. demir, have you made more money in the music business than tolkki? stratovarius is doing very well with or without him and they get to ride the legacy of the songs he wrote for them. i would not call that fucking up a band if they can continue on on the legacy of his songs. they know they are better of as stratovarius than a new band and that is becuase of what they built together with tolkki.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:03 pm

icecab21 wrote:
so by giving away songs he is trying to promote his band? no shit sherlock. by giving songs away he is making a mutrual deal, he gains and fans gain. this is a basic concept. when bands sell their music it is because they make a living and want to feed their families. when they give stuff away that is called a promotion that has the intention of having more people buy their music and help them feed. demir, have you made more money in the music business than tolkki? stratovarius is doing very well with or without him and they get to ride the legacy of the songs he wrote for them. i would not call that fucking up a band if they can continue on on the legacy of his songs. they know they are better of as stratovarius than a new band and that is becuase of what they built together with tolkki.
Well, i always will be confronted to you in opinions.
TT attitude, is the kind of personality that consider himself someone omnipotent, omniscient (just like god :D ). His mask.....a Humble GURU preacher who knows how deal with bad moods. For me, is just a exelent composer, nothing more, like an idiot with a gift

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:35 pm

:D Exactly what I think :D A humble GURU preacher. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Demir

Post by Demir » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:52 pm

icecab21 wrote:so by giving away songs he is trying to promote his band? no shit sherlock. by giving songs away he is making a mutrual deal, he gains and fans gain. this is a basic concept. when bands sell their music it is because they make a living and want to feed their families. when they give stuff away that is called a promotion that has the intention of having more people buy their music and help them feed. demir, have you made more money in the music business than tolkki? stratovarius is doing very well with or without him and they get to ride the legacy of the songs he wrote for them. i would not call that fucking up a band if they can continue on on the legacy of his songs. they know they are better of as stratovarius than a new band and that is becuase of what they built together with tolkki.
srsly dude altho what you write is usually totally off base how do you fckn expect anyone to read your shit posts when you go on for five sentences of insanelooking fucking mis spelled bullshit with no any or little punctuation or captital letters so theres no whay to see where one sentence stops ans the next begins i get a head ache just trying to understand hwat the fuck you say you must be a fucking retard or something.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:20 pm

How is it off bass? All acts from everyone are selfish. Nothing is done without expecting a return on investment.

Speak for yourself Demir, you misspelled "misspelled".
If you hate hypocrites then you must hate yourself.
You are criticizing me for something you do as well.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:
icecab21 wrote:
Well, i always will be confronted to you in opinions.
TT attitude, is the kind of personality that consider himself someone omnipotent, omniscient (just like god :D ). His mask.....a Humble GURU preacher who knows how deal with bad moods. For me, is just a exelent composer, nothing more, like an idiot with a gift
I highly doubt that Tolkki would ever want you to think of him as a guru. I think if there's any lesson that Tolkki tried to teach is that you are the one who controls your own life. He's not an authority, he's just conveying information he believes to be true. It's up to the individual to choose to believe what he says as true or false. Granted he does do some questionable things, but people focus too much on the stain on the whole white sheet. People use their personal beliefs, images and biases they have to try and erase one label and then pin another one on him. The only way he's like God is by acting like a conduit for peace and love by extending his words, thoughts and message out to us. Tolkki may be an "idiot with a gift" but who isn't? He's many things to many people, but it's because people view him as guru or a saint that when he does something outside of what those labels symbolize, then there's conflict. Take the positive that he's shown us and realize he's not perfect, he's human like the rest of us.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Tolkki does not preach
Tolkki does not call himself a guru
We can’t just say that any positive action a person takes is just a mask.
There are some things I like about him and some things I dislike about him.
He is a multidimensional human just like the rest of us.
We can learn from the good the bad and the ugly.
Self promotion and gifts have a strong correlation.
It is not one or the other but both at the same time.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:20 am

Demir wrote:
icecab21 wrote:so by giving away songs he is trying to promote his band? no shit sherlock. by giving songs away he is making a mutrual deal, he gains and fans gain. this is a basic concept. when bands sell their music it is because they make a living and want to feed their families. when they give stuff away that is called a promotion that has the intention of having more people buy their music and help them feed. demir, have you made more money in the music business than tolkki? stratovarius is doing very well with or without him and they get to ride the legacy of the songs he wrote for them. i would not call that fucking up a band if they can continue on on the legacy of his songs. they know they are better of as stratovarius than a new band and that is becuase of what they built together with tolkki.
srsly dude altho what you write is usually totally off base how do you fckn expect anyone to read your shit posts when you go on for five sentences of insanelooking fucking mis spelled bullshit with no any or little punctuation or captital letters so theres no whay to see where one sentence stops ans the next begins i get a head ache just trying to understand hwat the fuck you say you must be a fucking retard or something.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, i thin the only retard here is you! Where is your problem? I am reading this forum for quite a while and I do not always agree with icecab21, especially when it comes to Tolkki but he is 100% right at what he wrote about the Songs. He wrote and composed this songs so he is free too use them. He can play and record them whenever he wants. I think he even could make a whole CD with Stratovarius Songs and he would get no legal problems since those songs would be considered as covers. And I think after the situation we had for the last few months it is just normal that he uses some of his old songs. I mean, like already mentioned, Kai Hansen, Dio and a lot of other musicians did that. And seeing that those Songs are Demos that can be downloaded for free I don't see where Tolkki is trying to Cash in.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:53 pm

mitelika wrote:
MikeKhalilov wrote:Keys solos are in "Heroes", "Last Night on Earth", and "Loneliness of 1000 Years"

Welcome, Mike! @@~
Offtopic, there's a cool harpshicord on the intro of Heroes. (and on the singing parts too, they're cool.)

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:35 pm

exe knight wrote:
mitelika wrote:

Welcome, Mike! @@~
Offtopic, there's a cool harpshicord on the intro of Heroes. (and on the singing parts too, they're cool.)
They are! but... they sound a little bit MIDI to me... :(
I want to hear the final versions.
---...---

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 am

I think that New era has it as complete as possible.
Though I don't know if they will redo it again in the future...

Edit: I forgot, Bruno said that they recorded the songs "live" in the studio, meaning they didn't add any computer stuff or like that.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:02 pm

It doesn't sound live for me, it sounds, as I said, too MIDIsh... :(
---...---

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:01 pm

AGAG wrote:It doesn't sound live for me, it sounds, as I said, too MIDIsh... :(
That only means that the guys can play. :lol: