STRATOVARIUS RETURNS IN 2009

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Verdades Parias
Re: STRATOVARIUS RETURNS IN 2009

Post by Verdades Parias » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:51 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

THE BEST DAY IN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

i'M SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!!

in your f***** face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the best future for STRATOVARIUS!!!!

JavyMetal1092

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:01 pm

cliff wrote:I don't share your enthousiasm.
I think it is wrong that the guys continue with the name Stratovarius. This is terribly wrong. I think this is a lack of respect to the fans because for us, Stratovarius was and will always be Kotipelto, Tolkki, Jens, Jörg... and Jari.
leave Stratovarius behind and start a new band.
Please do not begin to lose this great moment, leaves the past behind, if they want to have this wonderful name is their decision, I now go away to celebrating, and please be happy and continue forward, do not remain stuck :D
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

Liu_Wan

Post by Liu_Wan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:02 pm

RazielSR wrote:We can ask for:

DEMOS DEMOS DEMOS DEMOS DEMOS DEMOS

JENS, PUT A COMPLETE DEMO SONG ONLINE.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Jens/Matias/Lauri/Kotipelto/Jörg

Put a complete Demo Song for Us! :D

JavyMetal1092

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Liu_Wan wrote:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

YES PLEASE
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:08 pm

JavyMetal1092 wrote:
Liu_Wan wrote:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

YES PLEASE

YES PLEASE!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Tulikaarme

Post by Tulikaarme » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Strange. I still feel a little bit suspicious about this. Perhaps 'cause I got fed up with Tolkki's lies a long time ago. Or then I'm just too tired to realize anything atm. :P

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:26 pm

The new guitar player is 25-year old Finnish guitar phantom Matias Kupiainen. Jörg Michael says, "in Matias we found new character who fits perfectly with his way of melodic guitar shredding, he is a killer player, a 'Wunderkind' from Finland!"
a guitar phantom? now that is fucking awsome

to me it did not matter what name they picked so much as the chestry of the band and everything on that catagory looks like its going very well. im definitly glad the tolkki songs can have a few bands that play them and i look forward to the way they are arranged with the guitar phantom. with the new stuff noone would mind some samples or some songs from the demos. looking forward to bright futures for both bands and some amazing music and energy

giovannivarius

Post by giovannivarius » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:27 pm

:shock: im very happy, and can not wait to see you guys here in mexico again

RazielSR wrote:
JavyMetal1092 wrote:
Liu_Wan wrote:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

YES PLEASE

YES PLEASE!

I JOIN THIS PETITION :twisted:

Hellovarius the Simp

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:28 pm

I think it is wrong that the guys continue with the name Stratovarius. This is terribly wrong. I think this is a lack of respect to the fans because for us, Stratovarius was and will always be Kotipelto, Tolkki, Jens, Jörg... and Jari.
I'm with you Cliff
Nothing to say.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:28 pm

Seasons Change and so do members of bands. :) Tolkki chose to leave&start anew. So, there begins a new chapter. The book is not closed, but the pages are turning.
This has nothing to do with lack of respect, its just life.

And, yeah, please don't ruin this moment for everyone. You have a right to your opinion, cliff, but the decision has been made. If it had been the opposite decision there would have been disappointment, too.

Just enjoy the music, and be grateful that the rest of Stratovarius is together.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm gonna quote something interesting about it that a user called lalodrums has said in Timo Tolkki myspace:
Hello Timo, I dont want to bring negativism to this blog or something like that is just that since you are someone who I really REALLY admire and respect, I just have some doubts about this blog (because I really like to know you more everyday you are a life/musical inspiration to me)...

1- "As I have said many times, I think it is wrong and I would never have continued Stratovarius without Timo Kotipelto, Jörg Michael or Jens Johansson."

Well, you did it when the old lineup was changed (Antti Ikonen, Tuomo Lassila, etc.) I mean the name was still there always after they left right? And again when Jari Kainulainen left, the name of the band was still the same isn't it? So now you are saying that if one of these guys Kotipelto, Michael or Johansson would had left the band in the past you wouldn't continue with the name of stratovarius... mmmm are you sure?

2- "They write that they continue the Legacy of Stratovarius, but it cannot be continued. Even I cannot really continue it because it existed only when we were together."

That's so true but then, can you explain to me why we can read this from the RR webpage (bio section)... "Revolution Renaissance cherishes the legacy of Stratovarius in its music as a natural continuation to Tolkki’s songwriting which contributed 95% of Stratovarius material in 23 years he played in the band."
Or this, from the RR Myspace... "STRATO LEGACY CONTINUES:REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!!!"?

3- "It's a shame to see that they cannot start from the clean table like me, but are just using the name. Without that name, they know that they would have it much harder."

You are so right, and you are so brave for starting from the clean table, but Timo please explain to me, when you gave the rights of the name to them (however, as a gift, or blessing or to cut all the ties to them) did you really expect that they wouldn't use it? I mean, then was something like "ok now the name is yours, but im really hoping you wont use it anymore"? Then what was the intention? Because now I can't really understand the meaning of that complaint.

4- "It is a sad day for me, because I believe that Stratovarius as a band died to the publicity stunt the whole band, management and record company organized in 2004 when nothing that was happening was true."

Again you are so truthful, but then we have in the other hand, that if nothing of this "problems" with the band would happened we would never knew the true that you spread about the STUNT thing (in which so sadly ALL and each one of YOU were involved) and im pretty sure that maybe without this things that happened the band would continued, you don't really think? I can still remember the song "united" now i dont know if was a fake too :'(.

I know is very hard to face this facts, but the truth is that now we are going to have 2 very VERY different bands (even when one of them is still holding the old name we know for sure will be totally different without TT) hopefully so cool both, and I think there's no reason to be jealous or sad at all, neither to complaint. There's just a reason to be happy within each bands and give the warmest welcome to the new members of both bands, respect them each other and nothing else. I'm really excited and just waiting for the NEW releases of NEW material of both NEW bands.

Sometimes, shit happens...thats true, but that never should bring us down its just a boost to look forward in our own way, cause something very nice will come to us.

I wish you the best and hope you have a very nice day.

Eduardo.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:33 pm

awesome :D hope you tour America(and stop by southern California!) as shit as the music scene is here, there are fans! would love to meet you guys one day!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:37 pm

:!:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:38 pm

lalodrums is right. Life goes on. So do bands when they split up or change direction.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:54 pm

and we get to see the worlds first guitar phantom. i did not even know phantoms were real but now i can believe.

i wonder if he is this kind of phantom

or this kind of phantom

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:59 pm

:roll: Sometimes I cant help wondering what is the matter with you Icecar :roll: :roll:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:00 pm

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:00 pm

AWESOME!!!

Please come to Vanuatu!
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:02 pm

well what is the matter with you Stratowarius? :cyclop: :cyclop: :cyclop:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 pm

:shock: Me? What a stupid idea. Nothing of course :P

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:07 pm

same here of course. now you can see how stupid your idea was.

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:13 pm

I have a great expectations!!! :wink:
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:15 pm

I wouldn't give a damn if the new band was called lisa frank's flying rainbow pegasus. It would be cool if keeping the name Stratovarius meant having the same positive messages and vibes it's had up to 2004, but even if the music was that different, does the name really matter? I suggest people not cling to images of the past and regardless of the name, please stay with what is and let the music speak for itself.

The thing I'm most excited about is the potential of great music to come! I have a good feeling that the remaining members of Stratovarius will still preserve the heart of Strato; I don't doubt the capacity of the remaining members to send the same positive messages and equally or better quality music either! Long live Stratovarius!

Strato4Ever!

Post by Strato4Ever! » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 pm

JavyMetal1092 wrote:wooooooww!! This is the best news that I have received in all this damned year yeah!! Here we all are as madmen with my friends, thankfully I do not have a coffee to the side :lol: but the poor computing almost goes out flying :lol: it is a grand news thank you, thank you very much :party: :w00t: :headbang: :jump2: :rotflmao2: :bounce2: :beer:
Please come to Chile
+1!!!
nice news, waiting for that fukin album!!!
thx guys, you're so great :D
Stratovarius Rulez!

Tulikaarme

Post by Tulikaarme » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Stratowarius wrote::) I agree with all you said,Burning :)
Me too.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:00 pm

icecab21 wrote:and we get to see the worlds first guitar phantom. i did not even know phantoms were real but now i can believe.
Maybe the word he meant was "phenom". As short for, phenomenon.
Which means exceptionally spectacular, or talented, etc.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:06 pm

maybe?

i'm sure they meant phenom, but they said phantom and thats a funny scene to me.

Oceanids

Post by Oceanids » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Hellovarius the Simple wrote:
I'm with you Cliff
Agreed.

cliff

Post by cliff » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:33 pm

JavyMetal1092 wrote:
Please do not begin to lose this great moment, leaves the past behind, if they want to have this wonderful name is their decision, I now go away to celebrating, and please be happy and continue forward, do not remain stuck :D
I'm not being stuck. I accept at 100% that there is this new band and I'm totally happy about it. I am actually looking forward to listening to the new material made by the guys. Still, no matter if 4 guys out of 5 remain in this band, it will never be Stratovarius. Just like Revolution Renaissance is not Stratovarius either.

Besides, you said "leave Stratovarius behind". This is actually exactly what I am doing. To me, Stratovarius is way behind. Even if this new band may sound at 99% like Stratovarius, even if the new album might be 10 times better than Visions, there will never be any Stratovarius band ever again. This is a new band.

Like I said, it is a lack of respect to the hardcore fans, and to Tolkki, to keep the name. But well, this is just my opinion, obviously most of you here are excited about the news. I'm not. Period.
<b>This is wrong</b>

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:08 pm

now the bio at the booking agency says tolkki was in a mental hospital and tolkki says it was a normal hospital. Can the differences like these be changed or explained? If the bio tells such a different story, can we get some further explantion on those differences?