STRATOVARIUS RETURNS IN 2009

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
hiro23
Re: STRATOVARIUS RETURNS IN 2009

Post by hiro23 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:53 am

I'm very Happy for the remaining members of stratovarius and I'm also happy with Tolkki and RR.

It's like I said before, Two great bands to hear, let's all be happy for both parties.
metal feeds the beast

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:41 am

Yeeaaaa!!! Can't wait to hear the new stuff!

TT just needs to get over it. Just read his statement on Myspace blog.... Misfits went on without Glenn Danzig, Pink Floyd without Roger Waters (even tho I'm not a fan of post-Waters stuff, but they continued). I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does, don't get me wrong. But the fact that Stratovarius will continue is certainly great fuckin news!!

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:01 am

Babylon wrote:TT just needs to get over it.
Yep. I don't give a damn anymore. For me, it's over already, it's settled, we have two bands that both will continue the Stratovarius legacy. It's a great time for us, fans, and for power metal in general. TT's statements sound even misplaced in this atmosphere of excitement (both about this official Stratovarius statement and the launch of the RR site).

Link to his post.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:21 am

PLEASE Don't fucking forget central america!!!!!!!!
EL SALVADOR specifically!!!

:ola: :ola: :ola: !!!
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:51 am

fernandotcl wrote:
Babylon wrote:TT just needs to get over it.
Yep. I don't give a damn anymore. For me, it's over already, it's settled, we have two bands that both will continue the Stratovarius legacy. It's a great time for us, fans, and for power metal in general. TT's statements sound even misplaced in this atmosphere of excitement (both about this official Stratovarius statement and the launch of the RR site).

Link to his post.

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Reading those comments from those fans is really depressing. :( They should be happy&supportive of Stratovarius.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:35 am

There’s lots of strato legacy to continue and spread around. With the message of the music being the most important part having two bands play the stuff and share great energy with the fans is a great way to spread the positive message.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:43 am

All the people posting in that blog is gonna listen Stratovarius and is gonna enjoy a lot (a lot of falseness I'm always seeing in certains places), it's all bullshit. It's like hey, "we must be friends with TT" or "hey, we must be friends with the rest".

All that is shit.

Everything TT says, can be refuted. Everything the rest says can be refuted too. I mean, nobody has the plain truth, and we seem stupids arguing about it.

WHY DON'T YOU (the people who don't stop talking about the TT vs the rest) UNDERSTAND??

N-O-B-O-D-Y CARES ABOUT ALL THIS BULLSHIT. WE JUST WANNA HAVE GOOD MUSIC.

NOW WE HAVE TWO BANDS!!! WHY CAN'T YOU BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT JENS IS GONNA BE COMPLETELY FOOL WITH HIS FANTASTIC KEYBOARD MAKING IMPOSSIBLE MELODIES¿? WHY CAN'T YOU BE HAPPY LISTENING TO KOTIPELTO REACHING THE SKY WITH HIS HIGH NOTES?? AND JÖRG SMASHING THE DRUMS, AND LAURI SAYING "OMFG STRATO ROLZ" AND SMASHING HIS BASS TOO, AND MATIAS PLAYING THE GUITAR AND DRINKING SOME OF THAT JAFFA-DOPING??

STRATOVARIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AT THE SPEEEEEEEED OF LIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

PA-PA.

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

black death

Post by black death » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:47 am

D.Murray wrote:come to Czech Republic to Masters of Rock festival:-)
+1 :)

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:07 am

:D :D I love your enthusiasm Raziel. With a fan like you everything must feel good :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:10 am

I think everything should get a fresh start. Even when people are talking about the music they still seem to be viewing people as one dimensional and belittling the rest of the band. This whole thing about each others motives is so far off. Nothing is black and white and everything can have more than one motivation and it there can be mixes of intentions. People can be happy to give things away and be thankful for a return on that investment without the only reason being some desire for attention. I don’t think people that like the bands say the bands will be successful just because they like them, but it seems those that dislike something will say the band will be unsuccessful just because they themselves don't like the music.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:17 am

First I wasn't very enthusiastic when reading that the band really wants to continue as Stratovarius. But now I'm really curious. The new lineup might bring some really fresh spirit to the band, and especially to the music, which in the last years wasn't so innovative like before (still, it was really good, of course ;-)). So, I'm looking forward to them, and though I had already buried Stratovarius somehow, I'm glad that they are still alive. :)

But, as other users posted before: Some scepticism still remains. After the mess of the last years...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:24 am

Stratowarius wrote::D :D I love your enthusiasm Raziel. With a fan like you everything must feels good :D
We are all like this, the problem is that all these past months...or maybe years were absolutely sad. But have a look now, more Stratovarius, and TT with RR. That's really good too. So, the rest, it's not important. Everybody must be happy now.

The sad, boring and tedious days belongs to the past.
Now is time to enjoy music again.

In the end, WE are Stratovarius too.

And icecab, of course, everything should get a fresh start, maybe we must talk about fresh things too (you know, the TT vs the rest thing is really old and boring), so let's talk about how do you think the new albvum is gonna sound (for example).

For me (as we heard in the demos), maybe the new album will have some more prog guitars, but not prog as DT for example, maybe like Symphony X, you know not really prog.

The pre-demos sounds like Stratovarius but with something different technically. And we'll have more keyboard too, I'm sure.

I think they are gonna have all the power they lost in the sad years of Stratovarius. I think they try to bring us Episode-Visions style with fresh sounds.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 am

I would love it if their songwriting brought went back to the song type with the fast keyboard and guitar melody lines with the classical influences. I also hope there is a lot of the choir keyboard or good keyboard pads. Tonight I saw edguy and kamelot and it was amazing. The keyboard with kamelot played some beautiful things and at the end of the keyboard solo there was a spot with the most perfect keyboard and guitar piece. It was such a good feeling to hear stuff like that. It will be great to see what these keyboard and guitar teams create. The stratovarius demo has a song that starts off in structure like 8th commandment and that is my favorite style of song so I hope the albums can have many of those faster notes and classical melodies songs. Melodic high pitched melodies are my friend and the more lead orented the material the better for me.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:59 am

icecab21 wrote:I would love it if their songwriting brought went back to the song type with the fast keyboard and guitar melody lines with the classical influences. I also hope there is a lot of the choir keyboard or good keyboard pads. Tonight I saw edguy and kamelot and it was amazing. The keyboard with kamelot played some beautiful things and at the end of the keyboard solo there was a spot with the most perfect keyboard and guitar piece. It was such a good feeling to hear stuff like that. It will be great to see what these keyboard and guitar teams create. The stratovarius demo has a song that starts off in structure like 8th commandment and that is my favorite style of song so I hope the albums can have many of those faster notes and classical melodies songs. Melodic high pitched melodies are my friend and the more lead orented the material the better for me.
Oh! did you see that concert? How was everything? How lucky you are,I wish I was there too!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 am

Both bands put on an amazing show. Unfortunately for my taste edguy was the support so I did not get to hear as much as I wanted. Tobias talks way too much and there could have been 12 songs when they only played 8. Kamelot mainly went song by song and we got 17 pieces. There were many great humorous moments doing both bands. I do hope that stratovarius comes and this will be very interesting to see what kind of set list they pick and how they will arrange the songs. I wonder what will happen with the back up vocal role that tolkki played. We get a whole new vocal dynamic now with the band.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:12 am

icecab21 wrote:Both bands put on an amazing show. Unfortunately for my taste edguy was the support so I did not get to hear as much as I wanted. Tobias talks way too much and there could have been 12 songs when they only played 8. Kamelot mainly went song by song and we got 17 pieces. There were many great humorous moments doing both bands. I do hope that stratovarius comes and this will be very interesting to see what kind of set list they pick and how they will arrange the songs. I wonder what will happen with the back up vocal role that tolkki played. We get a whole new vocal dynamic now with the band.
You are dead right, I would also like to know what happens with that.
Tobias is always a very talkative guy, he is a showman. Which songs did Edguy play?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:12 am

Really lucky icecab!

Yes, that is curious too, who will replace TT backing vocals?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:22 am

Mysteria
vain glory opera
super heroes
lavatory love machine
king of fools
tears of a mandrake
sacrifice
tobius being hilarius
they also played a little of i want to rock during the fan singing part
tobias speech

hopefully matius or lauri will be a good vocals and not a frog voicec. Maybe the twist will be that jari will come back just to do back up vocals

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:42 am

RazielSR wrote:Really lucky icecab!

Can Jens sing? ???

tennent's

Post by tennent's » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:57 am

YESSSSSS
GREATEST 2008 NEWS!!!!! :headbang:

Thank you Strato-guys, you have our total support!
Can't wait for:
1) new STRATOVARIUS album - 2) new STRATOVARIUS italian gigs - 3) etc. :D

mitelika

Post by mitelika » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
RazielSR wrote:Really lucky icecab!

Can Jens sing? ???
never heard of this

boswoth

Post by boswoth » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Tolkki wrote:As I have said many times, I think it is wrong and I would never have continued Stratovarius without Timo Kotipelto, Jörg Michael or Jens Johansson.
This really is something, then WTF was all his talk about a Stratovarius record with Lassila and Ikonen? Can you imagine working with someone like that, who says one thing one day and the total opposite the next day. Signs anything convenient one day and denies signing it next day. Now tries to create problems even one year after leaving the band......................
RazielSR wrote:N-O-B-O-D-Y CARES ABOUT ALL THIS BULLSHIT. WE JUST WANNA HAVE GOOD MUSIC.
Youre right actually .. i am sorry. Its just i can imagine how hard it is for the other guys now, i want to show them not everybody is so easily fooled to be divided into now this stupid "I have to take tolkki's side" in this. Nobody has to take any sides. I want to show them many people will understand and enjoy the music even thogh they are silent, dont take sides, dont care, dont post , etc

He left the band. They go on. We get music. End of story.

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:18 pm

RazielSR wrote:N-O-B-O-D-Y CARES ABOUT ALL THIS BULLSHIT. WE JUST WANNA HAVE GOOD MUSIC.
Yes, peace people... let´s all concentrate on the music...there are going to be 2 good bands with great musicians and songwriting.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:20 pm

boswoth wrote:
Tolkki wrote:As I have said many times, I think it is wrong and I would never have continued Stratovarius without Timo Kotipelto, Jörg Michael or Jens Johansson.
This really is something, then WTF was all his talk about a Stratovarius record with Lassila and Ikonen? Can you imagine working with someone like that, who says one thing one day and the total opposite the next day. Signs anything convenient one day and denies signing it next day. Now tries to create problems even one year after leaving the band......................
Youre right actually .. i am sorry. Its just i can imagine how hard it is for the other guys now, i want to show them not everybody is so easily fooled to be divided into now this stupid "I have to take tolkki's side" in this. Nobody has to take any sides. I want to show them many people will understand and enjoy the music even thogh they are silent, dont take sides, dont care, dont post , etc

+5
@boswoth, do you read RR Forum. ;)
If you don't I suggest you do. As a psychology student I think you will find it good reading. ;) For the Janus factor, if nothing else. :D

boswoth

Post by boswoth » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:34 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:@boswoth, do you read RR Forum. ;)
If you don't I suggest you do. As a psychology student I think you will find it good reading. ;) For the Janus factor, if nothing else. :D
I read some things on RR forum but never posted because i likely would have been banned immediately. and Tolkki closed it now, i hope its real closure in a way and he can focus on the now and on the future.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 pm

boswoth wrote: Its just i can imagine how hard it is for the other guys now, i want to show them not everybody is so easily fooled to be divided into now this stupid "I have to take tolkki's side" in this. Nobody has to take any sides. I want to show them many people will understand and enjoy the music even thogh they are silent, dont take sides, dont care, dont post , etc

I suppose the guys are entering here and seeing how happy we are. They must know we support them, as Tolkki knows we support RR too, of course.

I will always buy things from both bands. Simply as that.

We have RR and Stratovarius and we are happy for that, if somebody is not happy, then...what a pity.

We have suffered a lot of bad things these past months and now it's time to enjoy. Now we have something great and this is a dream come true.

They must and they can continue, Tolkki left cause he said the environment was bad and now is happy with his new band. So everybody is happy now, Tolkki+RR, Stratovarius and the fans.

EDIT: And I'm sorry but if Tolkki or somebody ask me:

What do you prefer? Stratovarius with another name and not singing the classicals songs, and RR singing the classical Stratovarius songs? or that they continue with the name?

Sorry, but I choose that they continue with the name and play the classical songs. Sorry, but these are my feelings and NOBODY is gonna change it.

OMFG I'd die if I never see again Stratovarius songs with TK singing. For me the most important new in all these months is the title of this topic.

Sorry if somebody feels bad for this, but I'm gonna support with all my energy the Stratovarius new line-up.

Jens backing vocals!!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: well, who knows.

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Lurdi wrote:
icecab21 wrote:I saw edguy and kamelot and it was amazing. The keyboard with kamelot played some beautiful things and at the end of the keyboard solo there was a spot with the most perfect keyboard and guitar piece. It was such a good feeling to hear stuff like that.
Oh! did you see that concert? How was everything? How lucky you are,I wish I was there too!
I saw this tour too. For those interested, here is Kamelot's set list:
Rule The World
When The Lights Are Down
Soul Society
The Pendulous Fall
Center Of The Universe
Abandoned
Edge Of Paradise
Instrumental
The Human Stain
The Haunting
Eden Echo
keyboard solo
Forever
<Encore>
Ghost Opera
Love You To Death
March Of Mephisto

I've hear some people say they didn't like the set selections because they focus on the later albums, but that's rather the point of a tour, for the most part, no? I thought it was a fantastic show and Khan was dead on when I saw him. Some other gigs on this tour, he has apparently had trouble. How was his performance for you IC?

Tobias was, of course, hilarious. While I, too would have liked to have had a few more songs, his antics are really part of their act. Having seen them several times here, I was so disappoionted when I saw them in Germany last year and I didn't know what he was saying! :oops: :lol:

ON TOPIC: I just hope now that the issue of bands and names has been settled, TT will be able to put this to rest and focus on the music. He needs to put it behind him before the fans can. I understand how this could be bothering him, but it's done and no one can heal if he keeps picking at the scab.
Let's Rage!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:08 pm

boswoth wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:@boswoth, do you read RR Forum. ;)
I read some things on RR forum but never posted because i likely would have been banned immediately. and Tolkki closed it now, i hope its real closure in a way and he can focus on the now and on the future.
Well, I was there about midnight. That was fast! I'm glad though its gone because this new forum looks better&will have a better atmosphere. I did not post much in the old one&probably not in the new. Nice to know its there, though.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:18 pm

stratohawk wrote:First I wasn't very enthusiastic when reading that the band really wants to continue as Stratovarius. But now I'm really curious. The new lineup might bring some really fresh spirit to the band, and especially to the music, which in the last years wasn't so innovative like before (still, it was really good, of course ;-)). So, I'm looking forward to them, and though I had already buried Stratovarius somehow, I'm glad that they are still alive. :)

But, as other users posted before: Some scepticism still remains. After the mess of the last years...
Exactly my feelings.
I started listening to Strato at the end of 2001 so the first new album for me was Elements Pt I. I really liked it, still a favourite of mine (after Visions of course :P ). But for me both Elements albums, the black Stratovarius and the RR albums are repetative. There are some new elements, there are some new things in them, but nothing comparable to what Episode, Visions and Destiny brought to the fans. And no I don't want to say that it was their best era that must be brought again no matter what, I would much rather say they needed something new, something fresh, but still Strato-like.

And that's where my problem was with Tolkki not allowing the others composing songs. I agree that he was the heart of the band, he put spirit into it with the lyrics and music, and without him Strato wouldn't be where it is/was now, but the new materials started to bore some - especially the older - fans. Revolution Renessaince would have been a good step for Strato to show what all the others can do, we had a new bass player who was talented in song writing as well, not just in playing. Jens and Koti have always been composing songs and eventhough I don't like Koti's solo albums as a whole too much, I like some of his songs and I'm pretty sure they could have had their place on RR.

And I know that some of you like to jump on each others' posts on sight (mainly Stratowarius+BEG vs icecab), but could you please stop it? It's extremely annoying reading your fights in every single topic. If you want i can even open a new thread just for you "Flaming Jakuzzi" or something similar.

I didn't want Stratovarius continue with the name, as Stratovarius for me has always been Tolkki, Koti, Jens, Jörg, Jari (and Lauri who we could accept in the band very easily), and the reason isn't simply Tolkki having left his own band, if Koti left then his unique voice which makes Stratovarius to what it really is, Jens' amazing keys that are not just about the solos, but about creating a new special atmosphere, Jörg's unforgettable stage performance in all the 5 gigs I have went to... Strato wouldn't be the same. But it will still be good now (predicting from the demo we have heard so far). And the fact they need to get out of this financial shit that Tolkki caused for them... I assume the only way is continuing as Stratovarius and as Tolkki gave all the rights to them (even to using the name itself), he has nothing to brag about.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:22 pm

boswoth wrote: i want to show them not everybody is so easily fooled to be divided into now this stupid "I have to take tolkki's side" in this. Nobody has to take any sides. I want to show them many people will understand and enjoy the music even thogh they are silent, dont take sides, dont care, dont post , etc

But what I´ve been reading, the trend is unfortunate much toward dividing the fans and others who just want to enjoy this bullshit. Like n inverse quote from "United": Divided we stand, United we fall! :lol:

The truth is just you wrote: TT is out, they have fun with the rest & Matias now, at least the other RR guys are having fun too (hope TT is having with them too), and the both bands are making new music. But too many people seem not to concentrate on the facts, just enjoying these gossips nitpicking bullshit. :x
browneyedgirl wrote:I did not post much in the old one&probably not in the new.
With a hidden nick of course because otherwise you would have been banned at that very moment!:wink:

Edit:
as Tolkki gave all the rights to them (even to using the name itself), he has nothing to brag about.
That makes me wonder too, when giving the rights away, he should have been knowing what it really means for him vs. the others who got the rights now.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"