Discussion on self titled album

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: Discussion on self titled album

Post by RazielSR » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:18 pm

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:19 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Burning Reflection wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: I can't say if it's better or worse than any other record, only that I like it.
You probably like it because you had the least amount of work to do on it :wink: :lol:
Shit .. you have no idea ....
Guided by my own intuition, I guess there was much more keys than in the final mix for that album.

But I think Jens was doing a big work in making this album, besides music, after all the problems I think he kept the flame and tried to accommodate things and go through trouble time and staying Strato alive.

The album itself is not one I like the most, there are good songs on it, but that was Strativarius creation for those days, difficult days, and it's ok for me.

I guess these days will return to be luminous ones:)
Mariano

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Jens and Jörg were helping a lot in that era. Even TT said that in interviews.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:45 pm

^ I actually remember those times when Tolkki was suppossedly in or not in the hospital Jorg and Jens were working on the album.

I think Jens realizes I was just poking fun at the lack of keys, hope no offense was taken :wink:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:35 pm

Staying up late (as usual) and making some more keyboard parts for that "Something Precious" song.. I should make a new blog/video but I don't know if I have time, there is much to do still!
It might not get press ink but it will get fan ink. If you have the time and at your convenience, any keyboard blog is highly welcome.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:37 pm

I think there are always more things in the initial mix then in the final one.

Like it or hate it one good example is metallica's black album, on their song "nothing else matters" they initially had an orchestra piece to go along with it, but they really did fade it back in the final mix.

Maybe something similiar happened here and it wasn't heard until the final mix.
metal feeds the beast

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:33 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
stratoplayer wrote: though I don't know how nitpickity you guys are. Best of luck with a speedy recording and mixing!
Extremely nitpicky! Sometimes. :lol:

And thank you .. we'll have some more info soon about what the exact plans are, what more gigs will be played next year, but as usual we don't announce nothing unless it's 100% confirmed.

I can say that in addition to the two Wacken Rocks shows in Germany, we have also confirmed shows in France, Spain and Finland. We are looking at a lot more; as many as possible in fact. It will be fantastic to play live again!

Regarding those three, that's unfortunately all I can say at the moment, just the countries ..

Hell Yeah!!! Thank you, that was very good Birthday present from you guys 8) I think that I will be atleast in one gig, with my older daughter and of course with my wife 8)
PS: My daughter loves also music by Stratovarius :wink:
Meikä Ankka

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:13 pm

"Lack of keys" statement reminds me, someone must do a version of S.O.S. which would have louder keys at the singing parts, I looked at the guitar pro version and the song is absolytely amazingly beautifull actually!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:16 am

I like the classical piano touch used on "Back to madness"
metal feeds the beast

Demir

Post by Demir » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:13 am

emperor_black wrote:United is the best song in that album. for me is the only song that is not an empty shell in the whole album. I lke the other songs, but for me United is the only "memorable" song. But in the other hand we have that every fucking word in that song is a fucking lie. At least they're very beautiful lies...
Don't you get it?? They were friends and all tried to help TOLKKI. It was in all the intervies and the Tolkki ones too, he said much how much it meant. Especially how much Jens did

So what he does? turned around and stabbed them in the back for teh RR money. Now he try to cover that with ugly lies, these are not beautiful lies . And get pity by trash talking them STILL and saying "It is convinient now that I am out of the way", boo hoo . This fucking asshole makes me so angry

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:13 am

Does getting so bent up about people make you a such a great person either Demir? I don't think I have read any post from you that does not bitch and moan about tolkki.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:39 am

Fella's please, we are all entitled to whatever opinions we may have on the subject.

However let's discuss this in a civil manner, I don't want things to get ugly.

I simply started this thread to get people's opinions on the album.
metal feeds the beast

Demir

Post by Demir » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:03 pm

icecab21 wrote:Does getting so bent up about people make you a such a great person either Demir? I don't think I have read any post from you that does not bitch and moan about tolkki.
my person is not what were talking about . :D :D not my posts either !

but since you started bitching moaning about me like a little bitch

all your posts are about likking TOLKKIs a** . :lol: :lol: soon as someone say something bad about TOLKKI you go on the attack! someone says something bad bout anyone else ............... that's OK by icecab

"ooooooohh oooooooooohhh mighty TOLKKI plz dont ban me, i likk a little deeper " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Demir wrote:
emperor_black wrote:United is the best song in that album. for me is the only song that is not an empty shell in the whole album. I lke the other songs, but for me United is the only "memorable" song. But in the other hand we have that every fucking word in that song is a fucking lie. At least they're very beautiful lies...
Don't you get it?? They were friends and all tried to help TOLKKI. It was in all the intervies and the Tolkki ones too, he said much how much it meant. Especially how much Jens did

So what he does? turned around and stabbed them in the back for teh RR money. Now he try to cover that with ugly lies, these are not beautiful lies . And get pity by trash talking them STILL and saying "It is convinient now that I am out of the way", boo hoo . This fucking asshole makes me so angry
I don't see what happened in that way. Both didn't know what was going to happen next, both have run too many risks: Tolkki starting a new band from scratch and Stratovarius being together and mainly keeping the name. Both have shown very brave attitudes and the least we can do is support both of them.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Demir wrote:
icecab21 wrote:Does getting so bent up about people make you a such a great person either Demir? I don't think I have read any post from you that does not bitch and moan about tolkki.
my person is not what were talking about . :D :D not my posts either !

but since you started bitching moaning about me like a little bitch

all your posts are about likking TOLKKIs a** . :lol: :lol: soon as someone say something bad about TOLKKI you go on the attack! someone says something bad bout anyone else ............... that's OK by icecab

"ooooooohh oooooooooohhh mighty TOLKKI plz dont ban me, i likk a little deeper " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vile post, I don't even care who wrote it.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 pm

this really is getting sad, we're starting to resort to school yard name calling.

Let's just agree to disagree and please get back on the subject.
metal feeds the beast

boswoth

Post by boswoth » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:16 pm

hiro23 wrote:this really is getting sad, we're starting to resort to school yard name calling.

I think Demir might have Tourette's syndrome. :lol: Even if he is right sometimes, when he write in such childish way nobody will notice what he is trying to say.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:34 pm

His accurately is so far off anyway. Any objective analysis of my posts would clearly show that I have both complemented and criticized tolkki in a normal manor. My posts on RR forum clearly show many different views than tolkki and that I think he has made many errors in his decisions. I guess that it's ass licking to say that he does some good as well as some bad.

Demir

Post by Demir » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:45 am

boswoth wrote:
hiro23 wrote:this really is getting sad, we're starting to resort to school yard name calling.

I think Demir might have Tourette's syndrome. :lol: Even if he is right sometimes, when he write in such childish way nobody will notice what he is trying to say.
PENIS!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:39 am

LOL! He's not the only one, and thats not going to change. The best thing to do is just to move on&let people learn for themselves, Demir. Time reveals all.

Its just music after all, its not the whole of life. And, its not the end of the world when somebody, ANYBODY(not just a goddamn musician), is proven to be less perfect than they are perceived to be.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:51 am

I say that he does both good and bad and that make me someone that can't see that tolkki has faults? Demir can't see that tolkki does good things too, I mention that tolkki does some negative things. I think that makes Demir the one with horse blinders since he thinks tolkki does not have a once of decentness on him. Tolkki weighs a lot so that is saying something.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:40 am

everyone has the right to their opinion and everyone see's things in different ways.

I for one choose not to take a side, I believe conflicts can be settled if there is some kind of middle ground.

either way I just wanted to get us back on track and get talking about the self titled album again
metal feeds the beast

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:31 am

JensJohansson wrote:Staying up late (as usual) and making some more keyboard parts for that "Something Precious" song.. I should make a new blog/video but I don't know if I have time, there is much to do still!
Hope this videoblog door keeps open and showing pieces of what is coming!
I can try to edit in case you need a hand :)
Mariano

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:34 am

Inventariado wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:Staying up late (as usual) and making some more keyboard parts for that "Something Precious" song.. I should make a new blog/video but I don't know if I have time, there is much to do still!
Hope this videoblog door keeps open and showing pieces of what is coming!
I can try to edit in case you need a hand :)
That would be awesome, I love your Video's

Icecab I also really love United, it seemed slow at first but it quickly grew on me.

Still like Fight the best though
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 am

The drums of the album are something that I think got recorded and mixed great. They really have a sound that stands out to me. The way the bass and drums wok together is something I really like for a thunder some rhythm section. The keyboards in a lot of the music are something I really like. The live versions of united that I have heard have some remarkable keys that make the song so beautiful. It is a song that I would love to see an orchestra and choir play.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:34 am

I agree, as I said at first I didn't like united cause it was kind of slow but when I listened to it a second time I really started to like it and it just kept growing on me.

I just thought Maniac dance was too simple, not that it was a horrible song mind you just not as diverse as some of the other songs.
metal feeds the beast

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:23 am

What I really love in United is how it grows stronger and stronger, as Kotipelto does an excellent job (as usual) taking the pitches higher and higher, with more and more emotion after the solos.

Their weakest album among the Stratovarius albums (modern era), in my opinion, is one of the greatest albums in my collection. Damn, Stratovarius is just too damn good. :D

:beer: :beer: :beer:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:33 am

I agree, Stratovarius doesn't make bad albums, some are just catcher then others
metal feeds the beast