Anette from Nightwish left stage crying

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
boswoth
Anette from Nightwish left stage crying

Post by boswoth » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:17 pm

has anyone heard what is going on? On Nightwish Forum they don't like when you speculate.

NeonVomit

Re: Anette from Nightwish left stage crying

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Maybe she was just on her period... my sister becomes a psychotic mess once a month :|
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 am

They have toured for almost a year and a half solid. This is not an easy life sometimes.

But the actual reason was the smoke. I also saw the video... it looks like London fog... or something from a Cheech and Chong movie.

If that happens to me (or my brother!) we have this strange habit where we just unplug the smoke machine.. imagine that. This pisses the light guy off, but, better him than me. Sometimes when this happens, some nitwit on stage plugs the smoke machine back in again. Then it's war.... :lol:

Anyway, the next show they did is already on youtube. She is spot on in that one.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:30 am

boswoth wrote:has anyone heard what is going on? On Nightwish Forum they don't like when you speculate.
Most forums don't like people to speculate. Thats a hypocrite, unrealistic attitude but thats how it is. :roll:
Look at the bright side. In real life you can discuss all this stuff with your friends and nobody can bash you. :)
As for the lady crying, maybe she has something personal going on. ???
But, yes, too much smoke can do a person in, so it might have been that.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 am

As for the lady crying, maybe she has something personal going on.
There are gazillion reasons for crying. Rumors say that she has some really heavy personal problems at this time and few shows were actually cancelled because of it.

Anyway, best of luck to her, she's a great singer and a very fun and lively person to watch on stage. They came to Israel a year ago (their first official show with Anette) and I loved the concert.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Apparently she was insulted by the crowd, people were shouting some rude things... :roll:

I hope it's not true. I used to love Nightwish, and I think it sucks now since Anette joined, because I really don't like her singing style. But I'd never go to their concert to offend her or anyone else. I mean, they decided to change their style, so what. Move on...

I like to compare this Nightwish situation to what happened with Sentenced. After Jarva left, I bet many fans started to dislike Sentenced as much as I dislike post-Tarja Nightwish. On the other hand, I think pre-Laihiala Sentenced sucks, but I love their post-Jarva albums. I'm glad Jarva left, and I bet many people prefer Nightwish the way it's now. That's how it works, unfortunately, change always makes some people happier than others, we gotta learn to live with it.

Again, I hope this is not true, this is not what bands expect from Brazil, and this kind of behavior is by far not the best that brazilian crowds can offer to bands that play here.

That's why some times I prefer to attend smaller concerts, with fewer people, where you know for sure that 99.98% of the crowd really loves the band. Best wishes for Anette (and I hope some day she develops the hability to sing like Tarja - then I'm sold :D).

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:34 pm

I read in Helsingin sanomat that she was insulted by the crowd. People shouting Tarja and showing the finger.

I've never been a big fan of them, but I think they sound much better now. I like the song Amarath... or something. The one with the angel in the video. I like her vocals.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:32 am

Carcass wrote:I read in Helsingin sanomat that she was insulted by the crowd. People shouting Tarja and showing the finger.
I read that too and I think this is bullshit. I mean, I can understand that ppl don't like Annete, I also like Tarja more than her, but if they really dislike her so much, why then do they go to the concert?

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:17 am

Kiske vs Derris all over again... 18 years later and people are STILLL flinging shit at each other.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:40 am

Carcass wrote:I read in Helsingin sanomat that she was insulted by the crowd. People shouting Tarja and showing the finger.
That was very impolite, childish behavior! No wonder she started crying. People know she is the singer now---did some of those people go to the show with the intention to hurt&insult her? ???

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:47 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
I read that too and I think this is bullshit. I mean, I can understand that ppl don't like Annete, I also like Tarja more than her, but if they really dislike her so much, why then do they go to the concert?
I think it was Tuomas who was interviewed for the article, he should be a credible source.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Carcass wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
I think it was Tuomas who was interviewed for the article, he should be a credible source.
I think the way I wrote it was a bit confusing. What I wanted to say was that the behavior of the fans was bullshit, not the whole story.

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:19 pm

JensJohansson wrote:They have toured for almost a year and a half solid. This is not an easy life sometimes.

But the actual reason was the smoke. I also saw the video... it looks like London fog... or something from a Cheech and Chong movie.

If that happens to me (or my brother!) we have this strange habit where we just unplug the smoke machine.. imagine that. This pisses the light guy off, but, better him than me. Sometimes when this happens, some nitwit on stage plugs the smoke machine back in again. Then it's war.... :lol:

Anyway, the next show they did is already on youtube. She is spot on in that one.
I don't know her personnaly but I hardly imagine her unplugging the smoke machine, and declaring war with the light guys :roll:

I hope Jens is right, even though I don't really like her it's really horrible if she was insulting by the audience (which is meant to like the band!), and it's sad if she has personal troubles.
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

Crazyniel

Post by Crazyniel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Well, I went to the show in Rio de Janeiro, 3 days after the show of Belo Horizonte...

She said 'bout the smoke machine, but the BH fans was shouting Tarja in the show and "wasn't too much cool with Anette", if you're understanding me...

Well, the BH was the only city that had the meet and greet open for the public and they did that, I know that wasn't all people of BH that did that...

No more words to say, but I'm very disapointed with the attitude of people...

It'll would be the same, if we start to shouting Tolkki in the show....

A thing that we'll never do...

I'll only shout Jens in the show...XD

Stratohugs for you...

Crazyniel

adds

Post by Crazyniel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Sorry for the grammar, but I'm not too fluently on english...

And, about Anette...

A BH Fan confirmed that some people was insulting her in the show.

Please, if someone can reply this answer:

Why do people pay for a show to insulte a band member?

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:06 pm

Unfortunatly as we all know most people don't take to change very well when it comes to their favorite band.

unfortunatly with a lot of fans they tend to have a very elitist attitude and when someone leaves in a band their extreme love turns into extreme hate.

One example is with Iron maiden, when Bruce left and was replaced by Blaze Bayley he was costantly harped on by many former fans, so much so that if you look on youtube there is a video of him getting pissed off at some obnoxious fans who were shouting insults.
metal feeds the beast

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:23 am

There are lots of pseudo-emo-gothic-bullshit fans that consider themselves Nightwish fans, it's sad, but I can imagine those people going to the concert and shouting stuff like that.

On the other hand, I remember when Porra did his first concert in Sao Paulo, we were all shouting "Porra! Porra! Porra!", I think that's the way it must always be, as fans we must be supportive, either that or stop admiring the band, heck.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:47 am

hiro23 wrote: One example is with Iron maiden, when Bruce left and was replaced by Blaze Bayley he was costantly harped on by many former fans, so much so that if you look on youtube there is a video of him getting pissed off at some obnoxious fans who were shouting insults.
Do you talk about the Trooper Video? That also pisses me of. I think Bayley is a good singer and I like the 2 Albums with him on vocals.

What about Owens? I can't really remember but I also don't think that the fans liked him too much. And to make things worse it happened 2 times too him. First in Judas Priest and then in Iced Earth. As far as I know at least the Malmsteen Fans appreciate him. I think he is a great singer.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:25 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
hiro23 wrote: One example is with Iron maiden, when Bruce left and was replaced by Blaze Bayley he was costantly harped on by many former fans, so much so that if you look on youtube there is a video of him getting pissed off at some obnoxious fans who were shouting insults.
Do you talk about the Trooper Video? That also pisses me of. I think Bayley is a good singer and I like the 2 Albums with him on vocals.

What about Owens? I can't really remember but I also don't think that the fans liked him too much. And to make things worse it happened 2 times too him. First in Judas Priest and then in Iced Earth. As far as I know at least the Malmsteen Fans appreciate him. I think he is a great singer.
yep that would be the video, but at the same time I don't blame bayley one bit, you can only take so much hate coming at you until you explode.

I also agree about owens, he's a great singer but it seems he gets underappreciated in most of the bands he ends up in. Hopefully he has better luck with Malmsteen but remember Malmsteen isn't known for keeping singers long, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

either way my point is that there just seems to be a group of bitter fans who think that bashing a new member will somehow make them better fans. In my opinion this just makes them look like Asses.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:32 am

Here a few people love to do that to a ex member :) :lol:.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:11 am

I know where your going Icecab but let's not reopen old wounds.

That discussion has already settled down let's not be trudging up old arguments.
metal feeds the beast

Crazyniel

Post by Crazyniel » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:20 pm

fernandotcl wrote:There are lots of pseudo-emo-gothic-bullshit fans that consider themselves Nightwish fans, it's sad, but I can imagine those people going to the concert and shouting stuff like that.

On the other hand, I remember when Porra did his first concert in Sao Paulo, we were all shouting "Porra! Porra! Porra!", I think that's the way it must always be, as fans we must be supportive, either that or stop admiring the band, heck.

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Here in Rio was tha same...XD

But anyway, I liked too much Anette singing...

And besides I liked the Tarja Solo Album...

So, we won listening two different materials, I think...

Bye...^^

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:26 pm

I agree

just like Stratovarius and RR I believe with nightwish we now have two great bands.
metal feeds the beast

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:38 am

I don't like the new singer. She was a really bad choice by the Nightwish guys. They are amazing musicins, but Anette just does not fit in. They could have easily found someone to replace Tarja bringing some fresh blood as well, but this new singer just cannot sing Tarja's song and the shameful thing is not even the new songs. At least not live. :?
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:45 am

stratoplayer wrote:Kiske vs Derris all over again... 18 years later and people are STILLL flinging shit at each other.
Exactly. It's so stupid. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. I'm a huge Maiden fan and I don't like Blaze's voice, even though they did some good songs with him. When they toured here, I just didn't go see them. It's that simple....

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:21 pm

I agree babylon

it's completely stupid to start bashing on a band because you don't like a new member, if you don't like the new sound then just don't listen to it.
metal feeds the beast