News about the new RR Album and Record Deal

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Ragehead91
News about the new RR Album and Record Deal

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:23 pm

REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE SIGNS A WORLDWIDE RECORD DEAL

Revolution Renaissance, the new band of the Stratovarius mastermind Timo Tolkki has signed a Worldwide deal for one album with Scarlet Records.

The last weeks have kept Tolkki and his band members busy putting finishing touches to the band's first real debut album entitled "AGE OF AQUARIUS". Recorded over 3 months in Finland, it is by far the darkest, heaviest and most symphonic album that Tolkki has ever been involved in.

Finding a close connection with his new band members Gus Monsanto and Bruno Agra, the trio locked itself in a cabin in Finland for a month and composed 10 new songs. It is the first time during Tolkki's career that he shared the whole songwriting process with other band members. "I just felt this incredibly fresh vibe with these guys and the songs were just flowing. It was so natural process that it almost felt like the songs were already composed and we just let them be born. It was possible because in Gus and Bruno I finally have found the kindred spirits I have been looking for so long. The results were something that none of us were expecting and yet at the same time, we felt that this record is exactly the way it is supposed to be", comments Tolkki.

The release date of "AGE OF AQUARIUS" is 25.3.2009 in South East Asia (JVC) and on 9.3.2009 in the rest of the world. The band also filmed a promotional video in Helsinki for the title track of the album. The tracklisting is: "The Age of Aquarius", "So She Wears Black", "Ixion's Wheel", "Kyrie Eleison", "Revolution Has Begun", "Sins of My Beloved", "Behind the Mask", "Ghost of Fallen Grace", "Children of the Future" and "The Heart of All".

The tours are currently been booked to promote "AGE OF AQUARIUS" worldwide and are planned to start from South America in early April.

Scarlet Records will also release Timo Tolkki's 3rd solo album, the ethereal classical Rock Opera Saana-Warrior of Light part 1 Worldwide on 23.1.2009.

For more info visit www.scarletrecords.it and www.myspace.com/scarletrecords "
http://www.revolution-renaissance.com/i ... ction=news

And in the RR Forum the Album already gets worshiped tho' it hasn't been released yet and we don't have any samples.

browneyedgirl

Re: News about the new RR Album and Record Deal

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:44 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE SIGNS A WORLDWIDE RECORD DEAL

Revolution Renaissance, the new band of the Stratovarius mastermind Timo Tolkki has signed a Worldwide deal for one album with Scarlet Records.

The last weeks have kept Tolkki and his band members busy putting finishing touches to the band's first real debut album entitled "AGE OF AQUARIUS". Recorded over 3 months in Finland, it is by far the darkest, heaviest and most symphonic album that Tolkki has ever been involved in.

Finding a close connection with his new band members Gus Monsanto and Bruno Agra, the trio locked itself in a cabin in Finland for a month and composed 10 new songs. It is the first time during Tolkki's career that he shared the whole songwriting process with other band members. "I just felt this incredibly fresh vibe with these guys and the songs were just flowing. It was so natural process that it almost felt like the songs were already composed and we just let them be born. It was possible because in Gus and Bruno I finally have found the kindred spirits I have been looking for so long. The results were something that none of us were expecting and yet at the same time, we felt that this record is exactly the way it is supposed to be", comments Tolkki.

The release date of "AGE OF AQUARIUS" is 25.3.2009 in South East Asia (JVC) and on 9.3.2009 in the rest of the world. The band also filmed a promotional video in Helsinki for the title track of the album. The tracklisting is: "The Age of Aquarius", "So She Wears Black", "Ixion's Wheel", "Kyrie Eleison", "Revolution Has Begun", "Sins of My Beloved", "Behind the Mask", "Ghost of Fallen Grace", "Children of the Future" and "The Heart of All".

The tours are currently been booked to promote "AGE OF AQUARIUS" worldwide and are planned to start from South America in early April.

Scarlet Records will also release Timo Tolkki's 3rd solo album, the ethereal classical Rock Opera Saana-Warrior of Light part 1 Worldwide on 23.1.2009.

For more info visit www.scarletrecords.it and www.myspace.com/scarletrecords "
http://www.revolution-renaissance.com/i ... ction=news

And in the RR Forum the Album already gets worshiped tho' it hasn't been released yet and we don't have any samples.
Of course. Naturally. ;)

At least it is a creditable label, right? So now maybe everybody can buy the CD if they want.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:30 pm

Well, I hope so. Because I am defenitly interested in this Album.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:09 pm

If it's really going to be much different from what Tolkki has composed before, and the other guys had a lot of word in it too, then this will be interesting. We will see... I mean, hear. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:10 pm

I'm also very interested in this album.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 am

This will be interesting to hear, the direction is supposed to be darker then what he's composed before.

As I said I really think that this is the fresh Start that both bands need cause we have fresh new songs being composed by both Stratovarius and RR
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:43 am

The label has a lot of bands that I enjoy. I’m not sure about the labels ability to promote but I do know one can find the music of many of the bands online or on torrents.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:51 pm

icecab21 wrote:The label has a lot of bands that I enjoy. I’m not sure about the labels ability to promote but I do know one can find the music of many of the bands online or on torrents.

:? That sounds really menacing :roll:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:44 pm

That sounds really menacingly
You are going to have to go into deeper explanation of how that could sound menacing. I don't see where the threat is.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:40 pm

I'm guessing something got lost in the translation :lol:
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:01 am

I'm a big fan of the two Aquaria records (Agra's band) and the orchestation there is absolutely inmense and Bruno is the producer too, so i'm really hope that this album is in that direction

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:05 am

I hope with dark he doesn't means "2005 Album" dark.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:31 am

No one had a problem with the 2005 album until Timo Tolkki started publicly lambasting it a year ago. I think that the self titled album is one of the best things Stratovarius has released and I listen to it regularly. In fact, out of spite, I'll listen to it now. :D

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:44 am

icecab21 wrote:
That sounds really menacing
You are going to have to go into deeper explanation of how that could sound menacing. I don't see where the threat is.[/quote

:cry: Not that deep! Its called the Piratindustri of downloading... :cry:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:42 am

I think downloading is good because then it gives full samples and exposure and people can buy what they want. It would be nice if more people did go ahead and buy what they liked though. It also is a way to get those unreleased items like the new era demos. If bands put full songs at low quality that could be one way to let people know what they are buying. If I just go from a review or samples I feel like I’m gambling like buying a car without a test drive.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:20 pm

I agree I didn't really have a problem with the self titled album, there are some songs I thought were out of place but that doesn't mean I thought it blew.

As far as the new RR album goes I'll just wait till it's released, listen to a few samples and if I like what I hear I'll buy it.
metal feeds the beast

RuruPillow

Post by RuruPillow » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:47 pm

I imagine RR's new album STRATOVARIUS songs will be recorded. In March, is soon to release...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:03 am

At first I was wondering why they only signed them for 1 Album but after looking at Tolkkis recent History I understand why. I guess this is some kind of trial period and when everything goes fine (what I hope) they'll sign them for a longer contract.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:36 pm

RuruPillow wrote:I imagine RR's new album STRATOVARIUS songs will be recorded. In March, is soon to release...
I hope both of them will release their new albums around March, early spring or so...You see folks, it's just around the corner!!! In the blink of an eye we'll have them in our hands.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:36 am

I will have one in my hands and the other on my hard drive..guess which :lol:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:01 pm

I will buy both. Afterall Tolkki still makes decent music.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:24 am

I will also buy both of them. Of course TT makes good music, it seems that most of you have forgotten he used to write many of the Stratovarius songs that you love or used to love. Having left the band and being the present different now regarding to Stratovarius and him himself doesn't make him a bad musician and songwriter. The same with JJ, JM,LP,TK...if any of them leaves the band, it won't make them bad musicians and TK a bad singer, for god's sake!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:14 am

Lurdi wrote:I will also buy both of them. Of course TT makes good music, it seems that most of you have forgotten he used to write many of the Stratovarius songs that you love or used to love. Having left the band and being the present different now regarding to Stratovarius and him himself doesn't make him a bad musician and songwriter. The same with JJ, JM,LP,TK...if any of them leaves the band, it won't make them bad musicians and TK a bad singer, for god's sake!
Agreed, there's nothing wrong with supporting both parties, I also plan on getting both new albums from both bands.
metal feeds the beast

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:00 pm

If somebody who was amazed with Stratovarius from the very beginning, having a lot of fun, and REALLY feeling that historical songs, now feels good by downloading and not buying Age of Aquarius or the next Stratovarius album, then I just can say: FUCK YOU BASTARD. RR and Stratovarius will feel better without you.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:02 pm

hiro23 wrote:
Lurdi wrote:I will also buy both of them. Of course TT makes good music, it seems that most of you have forgotten he used to write many of the Stratovarius songs that you love or used to love. Having left the band and being the present different now regarding to Stratovarius and him himself doesn't make him a bad musician and songwriter. The same with JJ, JM,LP,TK...if any of them leaves the band, it won't make them bad musicians and TK a bad singer, for god's sake!
Agreed, there's nothing wrong with supporting both parties, I also plan on getting both new albums from both bands.
Agreed too. I have always supported both bands.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:32 pm

FUCK YOU BASTARD
What does my potential illegal download of a CD have to do with your wish to fornicate with an illegitimate child?

I'm interested in the RR CD but I'm also concerned that my money will not go to the right place if I purchase it...if I have extra cash I'll buy a second copy of the new Strato CD :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:18 pm

People should buy what they want for their own reasons. If someone does not support something they should not buy it, but I don't think they should have it by other means other from gift form.

For me, I’m just going to listen to what songs I like and buy them online, there is not much use on paying 17 dollars or so for a cd when the standard for songs is 99 cents a song for legit sellers.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:37 pm

it's okay if someone only wants to support one party, people should do what they think is right.

I plan on supporting both parties and buying both of their albums, however if someone else wants to just buy one album and not even bother with the other that's also just fine.

it does not make myself or anyone else a better fan.
metal feeds the beast

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:55 am

hiro23 wrote:it's okay if someone only wants to support one party, people should do what they think is right.
if someone else wants to just buy one album and not even bother with the other that's also just fine.

it does not make myself or anyone else a better fan.
Agree. Nobody has the right to lay a twisted guilt trip on someone just because they do not want to buy an album. If the albums sound good, I will buy both, if I like one more than the other, I'll buy just one. How a person spends their own money is noone else's business! :D

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:21 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
FUCK YOU BASTARD
What does my potential illegal download of a CD have to do with your wish to fornicate with an illegitimate child?

I'm interested in the RR CD but I'm also concerned that my money will not go to the right place if I purchase it...if I have extra cash I'll buy a second copy of the new Strato CD :D

:lol: Yesss A-ten!!I am buying TEN Strato And give them as presents to my friends.Not one RR and I never download since I once got a nasty virus when I tried. :shock: