New Revolution Renaissance SONG!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Verdades Parias
New Revolution Renaissance SONG!!

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:38 pm

"Behind the Mask" in the Gus Monsanto MySpace, I read in a Brazilian interview that this IS a new RR song.
Sounds really different from everething that Timo Tolkki has ever recorded, i really don't like that much the song, but is a good one, thats for sure.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =125574289

I hope that some Brazilian guy can help me to confirm this

My Portuguese is pretty mediocre

Here the interview:

http://gusmonsanto.blogspot.com/

Ragehead91

Re: New Revolution Renaissance SONG!!

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:49 pm

I don't think this is a Revolution Renaissance Song. The Cover says it is from a Band called Zyon Vega.

If it is really Revolution Renaissance: it is different, but I like it.

Edit:
After a bit of research:
http://www.zyonvega.com/
THIS IS NOT A NEW REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE SONG! I guess Zyon Vega is a Project from Bruno Agra and Gus Monsanto. The Song is from 2006. Google is your friend.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Tem uma musica dele, “Behind the Mask”, que está no meu Myspace e irah fazer parte do próximo disco do RR
Yes, I think that is saying that this song is gonna be in the next RR album.

And that song is in the tracklist for Age of Aquarius:
The tracklisting is: "The Age of Aquarius", "So She Wears Black",
"Ixion's Wheel", "Kyrie Eleison", "Revolution Has Begun", "Sins of My
Beloved", "Behind the Mask", "Ghost of Fallen Grace", "Children of the
Future" and "The Heart of All".
It's completely different from everything that TT has ever done, that's for sure.

Anyway what Ragehead is saying it's true.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:I don't think this is a Revolution Renaissance Song. The Cover says it is from a Band called Zyon Vega.

If it is really Revolution Renaissance: it is different, but I like it.
Zyon Vega is/was the "project" that Bruno and Gus were to release before joining RR.....So....

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:55 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Tem uma musica dele, “Behind the Mask”, que está no meu Myspace e irah fazer parte do próximo disco do RR

It's completely different from everything that TT has ever done, that's for sure.
Look at my Post. This is NOT a RR Song.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

Look at my Post. This is NOT a RR Song.
and you are god, READ THE INTERVIEW ASSHOLE!!!!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Of course Ragehead, but look at Verdades post, that band won't exist. At least that seems.

And Gus is saying in the interview that is gonna be a song for the next RR album.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:58 pm

RazielSR wrote:Of course Rageheead, but look at Verdades post, that band won't exist. At least that seems.
Look at my post. I posted a Link to the Bands hompage. This Band/Project does exist.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:Of course Rageheead, but look at Verdades post, that band won't exist. At least that seems.
Look at my post. I posted a Link to the Bands hompage. This Band/Project does exist.
again, learn portuguese!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Maybe that was a song created by Bruno and Gus for that band and now they are gonna use it for the next RR record?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:01 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Okay, okay, sorry. To me it looked like it was a Song from the Project. Sorry

Then why the hell does he titel is as a Zyon Vega Song on his myspace? And Why isn't it on RR Myspace?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

Then why the hell does he titel is as a Zyon Vega Song on his myspace? And Why isn't it on RR Myspace?
Maybe that was a song created by Bruno and Gus for that band and now they are gonna use it for the next RR record?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:05 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

Could be. Tolkki said that both Agra and Gus had a lot influence on the Album and that all songs were written by him and them.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:16 pm

I think that is a song from Zyon Vega that won't never be released in a Zyon Vega album and the song is gonna be in the next RR album.

I don't think TT has ever composed that song.
Como andam os trabalhos da Zyon Vega? Há uma possibilidade de turnê com esse projeto ou será apenas um lançamento de álbum, sem shows?

R: Nos terminamos a gravação do disco da Zyon Vega faz um tempinho, estamos felizes com ele, desde que Bruno Agra e eu nos conhecemos, resolvemos fazer esse disco, que foi o que nos levou ao Revolution Renaissance, que é a nossa prioridade absoluta nos dias de hoje. Tendo dito isso, talvez um dia possamos fazer um outro álbum, mas este primeiro ainda não foi lançado, vejamos a receptividade dele. Tem uma musica dele, “Behind the Mask”, que está no meu Myspace e irah fazer parte do próximo disco do RR. O tecladista e o baixista da banda fazem parte do Aquaria e o guitarrista e o produtor é o Alex Macedo, um dos meus melhores amigos, que realmente brilhou neste trabalho. Fizemos um show como test drive da formação, em 2007, mas não há planos para outros shows.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Allowing him to put that song in the RR album is something very weird. I mean, TT was always very reluctant to put someone else's selfwritten songs in a Stratovarius album, mainly those coming from TK.
I have already listened to it and I can just say: I hope it is a bonus track.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:37 pm

I think that the will be re-made it for RR

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Seems a thrash metal song or something, it's an ok song, but I don't see it in a TT album, but who knows. Does not seem a bonus, because is in the main tracklist.

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Maybe two different songs with a same title. :lol:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:57 pm

RazielSR wrote:I think that is a song from Zyon Vega that won't never be released in a Zyon Vega album and the song is gonna be in the next RR album.

I don't think TT has ever composed that song.
Como andam os trabalhos da Zyon Vega? Há uma possibilidade de turnê com esse projeto ou será apenas um lançamento de álbum, sem shows?

R: Nos terminamos a gravação do disco da Zyon Vega faz um tempinho, estamos felizes com ele, desde que Bruno Agra e eu nos conhecemos, resolvemos fazer esse disco, que foi o que nos levou ao Revolution Renaissance, que é a nossa prioridade absoluta nos dias de hoje. Tendo dito isso, talvez um dia possamos fazer um outro álbum, mas este primeiro ainda não foi lançado, vejamos a receptividade dele. Tem uma musica dele, “Behind the Mask”, que está no meu Myspace e irah fazer parte do próximo disco do RR. O tecladista e o baixista da banda fazem parte do Aquaria e o guitarrista e o produtor é o Alex Macedo, um dos meus melhores amigos, que realmente brilhou neste trabalho. Fizemos um show como test drive da formação, em 2007, mas não há planos para outros shows.
I have no fucking idea of Portuguese but I think I can translate its basic idea. It basically says that:

- How is Zyon Vega going? Is there any chance for it to tour with that project or will it just be an album released without any shows?

- We recorded it some time ago, we're happy with it, since Bruno Agra and I met we decided to make this album, which led us to Revolution Renaissance and which is currently our absolute priority. I have to say that maybe someday we could make another album. When the first one is released we'll see if people like it or not.There's a song ''Behinf the Mask'' that is in my myspace and will be part of the new RR album. The keyboardist and bassist of the band are members of Aquaria and the guitarist and producer is Alex Macedo, one of my best friends, who has really shone in this work. We made a show in 2007 just to try how it worked but there are no more plans for more shows.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Thank you! So the song will be re-recorded for the Album? Cool. I like that song.

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:23 pm

:lol: So much "blabber"and so little wool :lol: :lol: :lol: I dont like that "song" at all :cry:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:58 pm

From Gus Monsanto's blog:

- Você se sente desconfortável tocando material do Stratovarius, talvez por vindouras e inevitáveis comparações com Timo Kotipelto, mesmo sendo algo inevitável?

You feel uncomfortable playing Stratovarius material, is it maybe because of comparisons with Timo Kotipelto, being something unvoidable?

-R: O que fica claro é que o RR é uma outra banda. Se o Tolkki quisesse continuar fazendo aquele tipo de musica, o Strato poderia ainda ter tido uma sobrevida, feito mais discos e tours e ganhado mais grana. Mas, o Tolkki é um artista na verdadeira acepção da palavra, tem a alma inquieta, busca sua verdade, e ela não mais estava ali, com aquelas pessoas. E sem aquelas pessoas, não seria mais Stratovarius, na cabeça de Tolkki. É um recomeço, uma reinvenção, algo muito honesto. Eu não me incomodo com comparações nem em tocar material do Strato, mas acho que a coisa está caminhando para um outro lado, bem diferente. Nossa orientação musical é diferente até mesmo do “New Era” e das musicas que estão no site. Sinto a banda achando sua voz, sua cara.

- I want to state that RR is another band. If TT wanted to keep on making that kind of music. Strato could have survived, recording more albums, touring more and eraning more money. Furthermore, Tolkki is an artist with an eager soul, he looks for his own truth and it was not anymore there (in Stratovarius)with those people. For Tolkki it wouldn't be Stratovarius without those people anymore. (RR)It's like a rebirth, a new beginning. It's something really honest. I don't feel uncomfortable either with comparisons or playing Strato songs, it's just that RR has a different direction, a new face.

I am sorry for the mistakes, I tried to do my best :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Not everything is going to please miss destiny. since run away is her favorite elements song, I can tell we listen to music with very different ears and minds. Besides, every song has people that love it, hate it, and don't give a shit either way.

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:43 pm

icecab21 wrote:Not everything is going to please miss destiny. since run away is her favorite elements song, I can tell we listen to music with very different ears and minds. Besides, every song has people that love it, hate it, and don't give a shit either way.

:lol: You shouldnt take everything so personal Icecab 21!!!. Have I steped on your sore toe now??? Sorry to say I dont give "a shit" what you think of me or my taste. :lol: :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 pm

I don’t take it personal; In general I don’t like how disrespectful people can be about how they don't like a song though. People don't need to put quotes around the word song.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Original:
Translation:
How is work on Zyon Vega going? Is there any possibility of a tour with this band or is this simply the launch of an album, without any live performances?
R: We completed the recording of the Zyon Vega album some time ago, we're happy with it, since Bruno Agra and I met, we decided to record this album, which led us to Revolution Renaissance, which is our very first priority these days. Having said that, maybe some day we can record another album, but this first one hasn't been released, let's see how well it's recepted. There's this song in the album, “Behind the Mask”, which you can listen at my MySpace page and will be part of the following RR album. The band's keyboard and bass players are Aquaria members, and the guitar player and producer is Alex Macedo, one of my best friends, who really shone in this album. We did a concert as a test drive for the line-up in 2007, but there are no plans for other concerts.
So yes, the album will be in the forthcoming RR album.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:47 am

I assume the song will be changed to fit the RR sound

what your probably hearing is the original, I'm assuming it's a lot like Iron maiden when Adrian smith had joined and they used his "22 Acacia avenue" song for the number of the beast album, Steve Harris said in an interview that it was changed slightly to fit the maiden style.

it's probably the same with this song
metal feeds the beast

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:46 am

hiro23 wrote:I assume the song will be changed to fit the RR sound

what your probably hearing is the original, I'm assuming it's a lot like Iron maiden when Adrian smith had joined and they used his "22 Acacia avenue" song for the number of the beast album, Steve Harris said in an interview that it was changed slightly to fit the maiden style.

it's probably the same with this song
I hope it's so and not the other way round. It wouldn't have any sense :?

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:52 am

It seems that the song has been removed from Gus Monsanto's myspace. What's happening here? :? :roll: