Any chance of us hearing some new Stratovarius demo's?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
hiro23
Any chance of us hearing some new Stratovarius demo's?

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:30 am

I was just curious as to whether there were any new Stratovarius demo's out?

I'd really like to hear some of the new material, like I said just curious
metal feeds the beast

stonedphoenix

Re: Any chance of us hearing some new Stratovarius demo's?

Post by stonedphoenix » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:04 am

+1 I've seen the videos of matias playing some new strato stuff i think and i'm very curious about a demo or something!! :D :D :D

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Everyone here is waiting for some new stuff I think...
---...---

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:56 pm

I was just wondering if there were any we could listen to, I mean if there isn't I'm perfectly fine with waiting until the album comes out but if there is I was hoping we could get a sample or something.
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:58 pm

I think the Album isn't even recorded. They only recorded the demos.

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:30 pm

:) My source tells me the ALBUM is finished and only wait for the right moment to be born.And it is finnish of course because most of the guys are finnish. :)

JavyMetal1092

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:57 am

Please :) is just for curiosity but I can wait for the album comes out,many people always ask me when the album comes out and I do not have to answer,we're all very excited here in Chile but my friends and I respect the decision if it is not making demos before :D
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:47 am

I'm just wondering if there is anything we can listen to.

if so cool, if not I can wait
metal feeds the beast

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:05 pm

hiro23 wrote:I'm just wondering if there is anything we can listen to. if so cool, if not I can wait
Since there has not been so much news lately, I realize how someone could feel impatient. We have been working off and on on this though since the last blogs from last year. On so many levels, not only musical.

If it would be up to me I would just slap a bunch of demo music on the net for the fans to listen to. But it's more complicated than that, so you will unfortunately have to wait a little longer. We are still in the process of lining ducks up in a row. But the benefit of that will be a much higher impact record release, and that we will be able to play live in a sensible way, and a lot.

It's a fundamental issue actually; it's not enough to make a good album. The logistics have to click as well, and the music industry is a fierce beast. In a way after you record anything, you stick your precious master in the mouth of this beast and hope nothing goes wrong.

Sometimes the beast has rabies. Sometimes it starts breathing fire. Sometimes it starts chewing your precious master but spits it out. :lol:

I think this time we have found a collection of quite friendly and powerful beasts to feed our master to, but I can't tell about it quite yet.

The ideal is making a good album which then reaches as many people's hearts as possible. And changes as many people's lives in a positive way, as possible. And that it's possible to play live on a level where it's still fun for everyone (band, crew and fans). This stuff is complicated, much more so than just making the music.

We will hopefully have some really good news quite soon (days to weeks) and maybe some new music to listen to as well.

Anyway, the audio part of the album is more or less finished, actually as of yesterday (including a Japanese bonus track, but there may be two of those in fact.)

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:16 pm

:ola: This is really very exciting news. I can hardly control my joy and delight. Good, good luck to this projekt...and to Strato...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:03 pm

WOW Jens! You killed me!!! Heart attack!!!You are certainly proving you are working hard.The part that might worry us most is the voice, if it's in shape...in the sense that it can change in time but TK has proved he's still singing like an angel.
:omg:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:16 pm

mwhahahhahahahahaha

AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Lurdi wrote:WOW Jens! You killed me!!! Heart attack!!!You are certainly proving you are working hard. The part that might worry us most is the voice, if it's in shape...in the sense that it can change in time but TK has proved he's still singing like an angel. :omg:
TK is doing great! He finished all his stuff already in early December I think and has even had some time off. :) He will be quite busy this spring with that Kuorosota TV program so the way we improvised all this together was a good thing. If I look back at the state things were just six months ago I have to say I'm really really happy about it.

I can't profess to work hard, this is still my hobby in a way and I work exactly as hard as needed and not an iota harder. Very often this means doing stuff exactly at the last minute, which sometimes creates panic for other people, but this is how I have been my entire life.

However, Lauri and Matias (especially) -- yes, those two new guys -- they really have worked their asses off..

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Jens, but:
He will be quite busy this spring with that Kuorosota TV program so the way we improvised all this together was a good thing
...means that the album is not gonna be released before that...I thought Kuorosota was just in January...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for the update its great to hear things come along. I’m glad to hear it's a friendly beast. It’s nice to start to see everything come together and I’m looking forward to what is to come.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Thank you so much Jens for letting us all know, I look forward to the new stuff when it's released :D
metal feeds the beast

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:46 am

Awesome news. Hope we can hear something very very soon - hopefully days rather than weeks :D So glad that Strato is still alive and well!

nepi

Post by nepi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:54 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Lurdi wrote:WOW Jens! You killed me!!! Heart attack!!!You are certainly proving you are working hard. The part that might worry us most is the voice, if it's in shape...in the sense that it can change in time but TK has proved he's still singing like an angel. :omg:
TK is doing great! He finished all his stuff already in early December I think and has even had some time off. :) He will be quite busy this spring with that Kuorosota TV program so the way we improvised all this together was a good thing. If I look back at the state things were just six months ago I have to say I'm really really happy about it.

I can't profess to work hard, this is still my hobby in a way and I work exactly as hard as needed and not an iota harder. Very often this means doing stuff exactly at the last minute, which sometimes creates panic for other people, but this is how I have been my entire life.

However, Lauri and Matias (especially) -- yes, those two new guys -- they really have worked their asses off..
Wow, what news! I'm getting quite impatient reading through this topic...

Looking forward to the new masterpiece and just wonder how Lauri and Matias did their job and how Matias' play is...
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey Jens What about Jorg what he is doing :P

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:57 am

drumming most likely :lol:

sorry couldn't resist
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:15 am

Or he is practicing a cow-bell Solo for the upcoming tour.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:01 am

Marching to the beat of a different drum

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:16 am

Hey that's a good one :lol:
metal feeds the beast