I'm a little pissed right now

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
hiro23
Re: I'm a little pissed right now

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:50 am

I guess I could have started another thread with this but I figured I already made one to vent my anger.

Today after three years of dutiful service working in the kitchen I have been told their cutting the budget and I'm one of the people they have to let go.

I don't know what to do right now, my music career isn't going to pay the bills at this stage and most other businesses are letting go of their people not bringing new one's in.
This really burns my ass, I'm sorry I just needed to let out my anger.
metal feeds the beast

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:07 am

hiro23 wrote:I guess I could have started another thread with this but I figured I already made one to vent my anger.

Today after three years of dutiful service working in the kitchen I have been told their cutting the budget and I'm one of the people they have to let go.

I don't know what to do right now, my music career isn't going to pay the bills at this stage and most other businesses are letting go of their people not bringing new one's in.
Times are tough, my friend, but we will get through this. I'll be praying for you.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:57 am

Sucks, though in a way its for the better seeing how you don`t share genes with the prick. Anyway, all the best wishes for you and your mother.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:35 am

Neorave wrote:
hiro23 wrote:I guess I could have started another thread with this but I figured I already made one to vent my anger.

Times are tough, my friend, but we will get through this. I'll be praying for you.
thanks man that really helps, I'm sure I'll find something, this just makes things that much more harder is all.

My attitude is still the same, I'll get my bills paid and I will get my music career started, come hell or high water.
metal feeds the beast

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:51 pm

icecab21 wrote: I’d like to think of the forum as a place where we can have a great community and support each other. Writing stuff like this in the least helps me self reflect and I do enjoy conversations.
That's what humanity is all about, and facilitating that on even some small level is all I can ask for as administrator of this place. :)

Good luck to you, mormegil amd hiro23 .. remember that shit happens to everyone, you are never alone.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
icecab21 wrote: I’d like to think of the forum as a place where we can have a great community and support each other. Writing stuff like this in the least helps me self reflect and I do enjoy conversations.
That's what humanity is all about, and facilitating that on even some small level is all I can ask for as administrator of this place. :)

Good luck to you, mormegil amd hiro23 .. remember that shit happens to everyone, you are never alone.
That's one of many reasons why I like it here Jens, this community looks out for each other.
metal feeds the beast

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:47 am

So sorry to hear this, hiro23 :( Keep your chin up, bad times can't last forever!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:44 am

my mom has a rare form of cancer. She has an 18% chance of survival for 2-years. She is going to have surgury next week, but at 72, I don't know if she can withstand chemo.
She has had a good happy life and has been a Christian over 40 years,so I think she will meet Death with strength. But, I am worried about my dad. They have been together since they were teens! Its like an old-fashion love story. He will be lost without her.
Death is a part of life. I have lost all my grandparents, 2 children, uncles, aunts, etc., but losing a parent is new to me. I already feel alone because she&Ihad our fussies, but basicly we are very close. :~( A person has only one mom, and once she's gone.....

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:40 am

Jens wrote:That's what humanity is all about, and facilitating that on even some small level is all I can ask for as administrator of this place. Smile
Hiro23 wrote:That's one of many reasons why I like it here Jens, this community looks out for each other.
:roll: So this soft moment is the cause of the recent moderation...whatever happened to letting the community decide the nature of the discussion? Did the philosophy and rules of this place change overnight?

well whoopdy-do! I might as well go to the Revolution Renaissance forum now where we can link arms and gather round the campfire singing about "Warriors of Light". While i'm at it, maybe I should become a Rastafarian and start quoting Bob Marley...I've always wanted to smoke the "herb" anyway.

...(edited for relevancy)...

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:15 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote::roll: So this soft moment is the cause of the recent moderation...whatever happened to letting the community decide the nature of the discussion? Did the philosophy and rules of this place change overnight?
!? What got moderated away!? I certainly haven't been paying attention, it would be in the "someone else did it" category.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:52 am

A couple posts in the "Message to Icecab" thread created by Stinky. Most notably, the first one.

I actually don't mind, there is nothing wrong with moderating a forum. In fact it is somewhat necessary. I was just surprised at that after hearing your philosophy on such matters.

Seeing as you were unaware, I apologize for my rants. :oops:
I formally retract my previous posts. :bigok:

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:20 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:A couple posts in the "Message to Icecab" thread created by Stinky. Most notably, the first one.

I actually don't mind, there is nothing wrong with moderating a forum. In fact it is somewhat necessary. I was just surprised at that after hearing your philosophy on such matters.

Seeing as you were unaware, I apologize for my rants. :oops:
I formally retract my previous posts. :bigok:
Roughly when were they edited?

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:26 am

I have no idea..the thread recently got bumped up and I just reread a few of the older posts and noticed it. My guess is sometime in the last day or two. There should be a moderator log in the admin cp with exact information on when the edit took place and who did it.

It was probably just some other member of the band who saw it and made the change...that's ok. Everyone has a slightly different idea on what the boundaries of good behavior are and I don't see a problem with it.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:58 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I have no idea..the thread recently got bumped up and I just reread a few of the older posts and noticed it. My guess is sometime in the last day or two. There should be a moderator log in the admin cp with exact information on when the edit took place and who did it.

It was probably just some other member of the band who saw it and made the change...that's ok. Everyone has a slightly different idea on what the boundaries of good behavior are and I don't see a problem with it.
There is no such logging built in to phpbb 2. There are just the http logs.

There are quite a few modifications to the code that I had made before the move to dreamhost in april or whenever it was, that were lost in the move. A much more detailed transaction log was one of them. I'd like to put them back some day but I am thinking it will be after upgrading to phpbb 3....

I thought the posts were funny by the way, too over the top to be considered an actual attack per se. But of course I'm the kind of person who thought "The People vs. Larry Flynt" had a happy ending ...

I can't revert the edits anyway since there is no transaction history system. So it goes!

Off to a photo shoot for the album cover .......

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:33 am

@AAAAAAAAAA, why does it upset you so much that Stinky's posts were deleted? I mean, really? ;)

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:13 pm

:lol: A-10 is a person with great sense for freedom and I think he reacts on the tyrannical way this forumpolice treats poor persons that give us big parts of their private life.

I am more curious of how it is done. :P

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:45 pm

The hacking had to happen early this morning. the pretty women links were there until then. I know who was online at that time, plus I was the only one hidden. :) I hope the person online at that time was not responsible for the deleting because that person would be the hidden, sneaky moderator! :lol:
GOTCHA!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:53 pm

@AAAAAAAAAA, why does it upset you so much that Stinky's posts were deleted? I mean, really? Wink
Congratulations detective, you figured it out :lol: :lol:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:01 pm

:cry: Why oh why did you do this to us A10? Im disappointed. :cry: Serves you right that the hacker went for you. You and Beg are both in disgrace. How come??

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:12 am

my point was, before everyone started getting off the beaten path was that I've made some good friends here and I like it here.

Not once have I said "this forum needs more moderation and let's start cracking down on some people"

I like the free exchange of ideas, even though there are a lot of times we don't always agree with each other I would rather come here where I can say what my view is then to go someplace where I have to act like a completely different person.
metal feeds the beast

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:23 am

Weird Al Yankovic wrote:My life is brilliant
What? Was I too early?
Sorry. You wanna start over?
Keep Going? Ok. Now? Now?

My life is brilliant
Your life’s a joke
You’re just pathetic
You’re always broke
Your homemade Star Trek Uniform
Really ain’t impressin me
You’re sufferin from delusions of adequacy

You’re pitiful
You’re pitiful
You’re pitiful it’s true
Never had a date that you couldn’t inflate
And you smell repulsive, too
What a bummer being you

Well you just can’t dance
And forget romance
Everybody you know still calls you “Farty Pants”
But you always have a job
Well I mean
As long as you still can work that Slurpee machine

You’re pitiful
You’re pitiful
You’re pitiful it’s true
You’re half undressed
Eating chips off your chest
While you’re playin Halo 2
No ones classier than you

La, la, la, la, la, la, la ,la, la, la, la, la Loser!

You’re pitiful
You’re pitiful
You’re pitiful it’s true
You’re dog would much rather play fetch by itself
You still live with your mom and you’re 42
Guess you’ll never grow a clue
Well it just sucks to be you
Sigh...life throws us a curveball and gives us a golf club for a bat, while we're perpetually pelted by half-eaten sausages from angry fans who accuse us of steroid use...

On another note, I always hear the phrase "follow your dreams." This sounds great coming from people who made it to stardom, but what about everyone else who tried but failed? One might think that if all successful people do X, then doing X will make me a successful person. This is not the case! In any event, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you post some music clips for us soon if you need some encouragement or kind words.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:36 am

just get the luck of right time, right place.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:26 am

not quite sure what your getting at but I will say I'm always going to aim for my dreams and sometimes I just get a little pissed off and need to vent, I think everyone goes through times like this.

Really it just helps me, it's sort of a therapy.
I know there are a lot of people who go out and fail however many people do that, what matters is what you are willing to do to get that dream, how hard your willing to work and how dedicated you are.

Anybody can get what they want if they simply know the steps and how to aquire them, I'm sorry but I still like to hold out hope that people can achieve their dreams.
It may sound like naive innocent thinking but I refuse to let the cold hard world change me into a pessimistic person who just sits around and waits for himself to die, I still think there are plenty of things worth living for.

Anyways I'm rambling, just my opinion once again
metal feeds the beast

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:55 am

hiro23 wrote:Not once have I said "this forum needs more moderation and let's start cracking down on some people"
Me neither. I'm too lazy to figure out where the hole is or was (or if there ever was one), and the logs are not detailed enough to see what happened, so I just disabled all moderation completely for now... well until I upgrade to phpbb 3 or something. I'm too lazy at the moment for that though.

Beware of free speech, spam and potential garbage!!!! :lol:

Also upped mailbox size to 500 from 150. Because my own inbox was full and I am too lazy to delete messages. (Does anyone see a pattern here?)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:30 am

Just in case, no more posting pretty scantily-clad women, just dogs..........and cats, mice, and cartoons and such.
That forum police shit was weird. :err: They were able to hack my posts to edit them! ??? Why didn't they just delete them?
Someone here must've gotten one of those forum bugs, or something.
???

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:54 am

I don't know what it was either, all I know is that I posted up some of my thoughts and I was thanking people for helping me out, then the next moment I got somebody getting pissed off at me and saying I'm one of the guys who's helping to crack down on the place.

I never said anything like that and as I said before the fact that I can say what I want here is one of the reasons I feel comfortable here.

BTW, the job hunt is still going on, hoping to hear something within the next two weeks or so.
metal feeds the beast

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Yes, it was really strange that this happened on this forum. And I think there are there some people who could do that. But, I'm not sure and I don't want to do a mistake. But, we should search among the newbies here, who registered after the separation between Stratovarius and Tolkki.
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Loosing you're job is NOT generally the end of the world, but here's an atrocious exception:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/28/fam ... pstoryview
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:47 pm

To Metalangel:I agree, they should check them out, hell I'd say even check me out, I've got nothing to hide and I've been honest the entire time.

To Neverendingabyss:I know losing my Job isn't the end of the world, I haven't given up hope, as I said before it's just more of a therapy for me to talk about it. :)

As far as the extreme example goes I really hope I don't ever get that bad, no matter what troubles you have in life nothing justifies slaughtering your entire family.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:08 am

Well you are still posting so i don't have to be sad over reading about another slaughtered family. How is the music and work situation going? It will be fun to hear when you can get a demo going.