STRATOVARIUS ANNOUNCE THEIR NEW ALBUM, POLARIS

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
JensJohansson
Administrator
STRATOVARIUS ANNOUNCE THEIR NEW ALBUM, POLARIS

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:39 am

Stratovarius will release their brand new studio album, Polaris, on May 21st, 2009. This new album will see a worldwide release by the band's new label partner edel under the new imprint earMUSIC outside of Asia, and the band's long time label partner for Asia, JVC.

Jens Johansson states, "We are very happy to have found strong label partners for the future of Stratovarius who truly believe in the band and are as enthusiastic as we are. I can't wait to hit the road again and meet all fans who supported us through all our good and bad times."

Max Vaccaro, of earMUSIC / edel adds: "We are very honoured to welcome Stratovarius in our family; 'Polaris' is in fact a special album for edel. Like for Stratovarius, it's a sort of new start, we are in fact entering a new exciting chapter in our lives, the launch of a the new label earMUSIC, to coincide with the release of this fantastic new album with a renewed line-up and an overwhelming energy. One thing is for sure, Stratovarius fans will agree with us in welcoming the extraordinary talent of the new guitar player Matias Kupiainen and immediately reckon 'Polaris' to be a true Stratovarius classic."

Says Seigo Horiuchi of JVC/Victor Entertainment, Inc., Japan: "We are proud of our long and successful history with this great band and are very excited to be a part of their new beginning."

In September 2008 the band found the freedom to go into seclusion for almost a month in a cottage by the sea in a Finnish forest to relax, laugh, write songs, be creative together, and record. And they found themselves being a band reborn. The result is a melodic, powerful, fresh, tight, and technically elaborate new album. Powerful melodies mingle with sophisticated arrangements, strong anthems stand alongside heavy songs. There are 11 songs full of energy, musicianship, and a positive outlook.

"Polaris" was recorded in the fall 2008 at Hästholmen and 5by5 studios, Helsinki, Finland. It was mixed by the legendary Mikko Karmila, who has a long history with the band.

Vocalist Timo Kotipelto explains, "Polaris is a positive, powerful album that Stratovarius fans all over the world are certain to take to their hearts."

The band will support the release of their new studio album with a massive world tour. The tour will start in the UK, followed by European dates.

[[INSDATES]]

September will see Stratovarius playing live shows in Asia, followed by a full North and South American tour in September/October.

A European headliner tour is scheduled for January 2010.

Stratovarius is:

Timo Kotipelto - vocals
Matias Kupiainen - guitars
Lauri Porra - bass
Jörg Michael - drums
Jens Johansson - keyboards

A division of edel entertainment, earMUSIC represents the work of International Pop and Rock artists such as: Deep Purple, Status Quo, Stratovarius, Nazareth, UB40, Ice Cube, Chris Rea, Christopher Cross, Brett Anderson and many others. Working in conjunction with the edel label earBOOKS (http://www.earbooks.net), earMUSIC presents the work of its artists, by pushing the boundaries of physical formats' brand marketing possibilities, releasing music on CD, earBOOKS, digital, vinyl.

http://www.edel.de
http://www.ear-music.net
http://www.myspace.com/earmusicofficial

RazielSR

Re: STRATOVARIUS ANNOUNCE THEIR NEW ALBUM, POLARIS

Post by RazielSR » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:36 pm

I really love the name. It's perfect. Maybe you could start the world tour in January 2010 with another album released? :D :D

WOW POLARIS IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And mixed by Mikko Karmila, that's a gift.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Great news Jens :D. Congratulations to Stratovarius!
Can´t wait for the album Polaris and the gigs, see you in Sauna Open Air 2009!
:party: :headbang: :headbang:

Here is one link: http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/20 ... ris_in_may

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:14 pm

:shock: I am so excited about POLARIS- I have been waiting a long time for my favorite band on the planet to set and conquer. So just out of curiosity I was thinking that Stratovarius has such a large profile, it was suprising to see you guys sign to newer label instead of one the bigger metal labels. I guess they had the right stuff you were looking for? I hope you guys take it all tehw ay to the top!
SHINE ON!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Awesomeness! :)

So, when do we get the cover-art and tracklist?

symphox

Post by symphox » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Wooooowww

Very good news!! It's a powerful year for Stratovarius!!

Avaruuden

Post by Avaruuden » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Finally the speculations can stop \o/ These news of yours made my day. Next thing you guys should do is to get your asses into Lapland and play a couple of gigs here :)

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Excellent news! Very cool name for the first album of the new configuration of Stratovarius. Can't wait to hear more.
Texidor wrote:So just out of curiosity I was thinking that Stratovarius has such a large profile, it was suprising to see you guys sign to newer label instead of one the bigger metal labels. I guess they had the right stuff you were looking for? I hope you guys take it all tehw ay to the top!
Did you check out any of the links Jens provided at the end of his post? Edel is a major label. They've been around since '86.
Let's Rage!

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Great news and great album name! :D Can't wait for the album!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:02 pm

YEAH! THAT MADE MY DAY! AWESOME NEWS! :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :crowd1: :party:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:08 pm

I like it, it's a great new album name for a great new direction
metal feeds the beast

black death

Post by black death » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Great news! Looking forward to the album :D

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:30 pm

back on topic: The description of the new album sounds promising; it describes the true spirit of stratovarius! I really liked that video Jens posted of Matias at FME too...Matias' style kind of reminds me of Michael Romeo's! Really look forward to hearing this and seeing you guys on tour again!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:18 pm

yay! :lol:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:56 am

Thanks Jens. That was the best news in this year! You saved my life... And year of course :party:
Meikä Ankka

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:55 am

Oh hell yes!!!

I can't wait!!!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:57 am

and they get to work at the same label as Deep purple, two legends at one label
metal feeds the beast

nepi

Post by nepi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:05 am

such great news! can't wait till May 21st and January....

made my day!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Jaimico

Post by Jaimico » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:49 pm

i can't really wait, i hope the album will be awesome good luck guys
Every second of day it is coming your way

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Waaaw that's amazing news!
I can't wait to listen to Polaris! :party:
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 am

are there going to be any singles released?
metal feeds the beast

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 am

hiro23 wrote:are there going to be any singles released?
I hope so... and also I think so, but could you Jens confirm that and the release date also as soon as possible :roll:
Meikä Ankka

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:30 am

A music video clip would also be nice, and this time something good. :lol: To be honest the level of your videos so far weren't too high, the music was good, but the clip itself almost always sucked. :/ You could even just make a little crappy animation for it, as long as it's funny it would rock. :P
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:53 am

Beast_Pete wrote:A music video clip would also be nice, and this time something good. :lol: To be honest the level of your videos so far weren't too high, the music was good, but the clip itself almost always sucked. :/ You could even just make a little crappy animation for it, as long as it's funny it would rock. :P
Lauri is thinking about making another one. I suspect it might be another "Dogme 95" style epos :)

I like the low-fi approach myself. I'd rather have a three lo-fi videos that conveys the feeling of what actually went on, than something more elaborate or planned.

We are after all not filmmakers, we are musicians.

In the meantime I offer my epic, "travel", from late 2006 if you haven't seen it..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bv8GOao7Bs0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bv8GOao7Bs0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 am

A really touching video it is. I had seen it before. The worst part was "no hot food in blibao airport". I would have just /wrist in such a situation. -.-
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Jaimico

Post by Jaimico » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:42 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:A music video clip would also be nice, and this time something good. :lol: To be honest the level of your videos so far weren't too high, the music was good, but the clip itself almost always sucked. :/ You could even just make a little crappy animation for it, as long as it's funny it would rock. :P
Lauri is thinking about making another one. I suspect it might be another "Dogme 95" style epos :)

I like the low-fi approach myself. I'd rather have a three lo-fi videos that conveys the feeling of what actually went on, than something more elaborate or planned.

We are after all not filmmakers, we are musicians.

In the meantime I offer my epic, "travel", from late 2006 if you haven't seen it..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bv8GOao7Bs0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bv8GOao7Bs0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
shit that day was rough... and that iberia airlines really sucks...well guys i hope the new album will be awesome
Every second of day it is coming your way

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:09 am

sorry if it was a hard and bad day but

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anyway a lot of airlines sux, not just Iberia. I'd like to send to Iberia this video looooooooool
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Awesome. Just Awesome.

My family and I once traveled with Iberia. We travled to spain and our package traveled to the UK...Iberia Airlines really suck...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:46 pm

As always, everything is based in personal experiences. If somebody knows the PERFECT airline company, please let me know :lol: :lol:

Have a look:

http://blog.hotelclub.com/the-worst-air ... the-world/

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... ain/49980/

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel ... 694530.ece

Anyway the video is great hahaha.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:21 pm

And talking about Polaris. Jens said they were deciding the bonus songs, etc, etc. And that's great!! I suppose the japan edition will have better editions.

And a videoclip would be great... I agree with Beast Pete about it, but not with that the Stratovarius videos were bad. I think the opposite. Strato videos were great, they had that special feeling. And the best is that you can always see the band a lot in the videos, other bands ar emore oriented to effects and other stuff, I like some effects, etc, etc but I prefer to see the band a lot.