Another review !!!!!!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
flyingdistantskies
Another review !!!!!!!!

Post by flyingdistantskies » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 am

Here is a new review which confirm the good job of our fav' musicians.

http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewr ... 009&pos=65

Thanx for the good job guys,

Can't wait to hear this album

Texidor

Re: Another review !!!!!!!!

Post by Texidor » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:06 am

AWESOME :shock: Review. The more I hear these kind of reviews the more and more I want this record. I will keep saying it until I have it in my hands!
SHINE ON!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:56 am

Again the band was masterfully mixed the well known Mikko Karmila. The end result is one of the best melodic metal albums of 2009 from a rejuvenated and back on track band. So chart a course to your local record shop on May 18th as one of melodic metal's finest shine as brightly as ever.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:58 pm

Sounds better and better! :bigok:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Great review! I really can't wait!

JavyMetal1092

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:Great review! I really can't wait!
Yeah! nobody here can't wait we are =
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:11 pm

The more I read the more impatient I get! :cry:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:58 am

Good review, this one seems a lot less bias, none of the past issues make an impact on this review
metal feeds the beast

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Check out this review by sEASONOFCHANGE:
Since i wrote "Polaris" review for Metaleagle.com in Greek (we will publish it during April), i would like to post here its English translated version

STRATOVARIUS-Polaris

Label: Edel,earMUSIC,JVC
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/officialstratovarius
Release Date: 21st May, 2009

Well, if you asked me a couple of months ago, i wouldn't believe that i ever was going to write such a positive review for the new release of Finnish power metal pioneers STRATOVARIUS. As you see, "Polaris" is the first Stratovarius album not including ex mastermind and main songwriter Timo Tolkki. Timo left the band a year ago (he decided to stop STRATOVARIUS at that moment) but rest of the line up including keyboard-player extraordinaire Jens Johansson (ex YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), drummer Jorg "i have played with almost every metal band of this world" Michael and one of the most recognizable vocalists of power metal scene Timo Kotipelto decided to continue STRATOVARIUS, a decision that even Timo Tolkki (who already formed REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE-check our other pages for the reviews of the 2 releases of his new band) after some long discussions (which,we have not any reason to mention here) finally accepted.

Enough with history lessons, since "Polaris" is here and "screams" for some attention. And it has a good reason, since this album will bring back the smile in the faces of the numerous "Strato-fans" of this world. Opening with "Deep Unknown", a STRATOVARIUS-meets-DREAM THEATER catchy song, "Polaris" entering your ears with a lot of fresh ideas. Its intro reminded a bit of "Fight!!!" of the previous record, but it's more prog-oriented and in all, a much better song. I don't want to take it song-by-song so i will mention that during the listening you pass through some great tracks of state-of-the-art melodic metal. Take "Emancipation Suite" for example: a two-track epic full of beautiful melodies on vocals, keyboards and guitar that continues the spirit of songs like "Infinity" or "Elements".

And if you missed that great up-tempo speedy anthems of classic STRATOVARIUS era, you have no reason to worry anymore: "Polaris" includes them, and right now i may say that my favorite is "Blind"which begins with that "Black Diamond"-ish (check "Visions") haspichord intro. Ballads also have their role in "Polaris", and their main advantage is that Timo Kotipelto seem to decided to sing emotional again. I have missed this kind of vocals from Timo since late '90s i suppose. Anyway, no more words to say since -fortunately- things are simple: "Polaris" is a great surprise, a hit from nowhere, a happy end to a sad story, a new beginning, a new musical adventure. It includes all the STRATOVARIUS qualities and brings them into a new era. If you ask me to compare it with previous albums, i would say that it's style is somewhere between "Visions" and "Elements" plus a lot of new fresh ideas. I really hope that the new line up will top the success of the previous years and we'll enjoy their next album in 2010 and not in 5 years... Go out and buy it as soon as possible.

8,5/10
Dimitris Melidis
http://www.metaleagle.com
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:06 pm

A great review by sEASONOFCHANGE!
So now we have 3 reviews and all are positive - 7/10 - 4/5 - 8,5/10.
" Now I´m leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I have started my journey.
I'm drifting away with the wind I fly. "

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:42 pm

I have to disagree with the Jörg Michael thing. Mike Terrana is a lot worse in that case.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:32 pm

I don't think he meant it as an insult, he just meant that Jorg has been in a ton of different bands.
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:30 pm

I know, but Mike Terrana was in even more Bands. I mean, look at this guys discography!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:14 am

Well we could look at the work of session musicians that are in thousands of cds.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:38 am

I don't care about reviews, I prefer to wait & listen the whole album to have my own opinion!
But I'm optimistic about it :)

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:50 pm

True, also check out Mike Vescera, I know he's a singer but he's also been in a ton of bands.
metal feeds the beast