old logo back!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Should they get back that old logo?

Yes, want it back!
15%
No, new logo is better.
85%

Total votes: 46

rakettitulppa
old logo back!!!

Post by rakettitulppa » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:47 pm

You really should use that old logo again. I mean this Image For me that old logo is very important part of stratovarius (Tolkki have said this same thing but I'm same with him)!

icecab21

Re: old logo back!!!

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:04 pm

I think they should keep the new logo but that the old logo was better. Symbolically its better they have the new logo to me.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Agree with Icecab.
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:36 pm

Nope, the lily is Tolkki's thing. Let him keep it and use for his own means.

Instead, I don't think, or hope, that Stratovarius sticks to the star. It fits Polaris (sure do?!), but why not to change it with the theme on each record to come? I don't say the new logo is better but I voted "no" anyway. The font's cool, and has been such since Visions. Cooler than the old one, and not as raw and angular, as ain't the music that raw and angular anymore. Don't change that or else... :x

Florian

Post by Florian » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 pm

This logo is beautiful yes, but it's Timo Tolkki's logo. I think the band can't take it.

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:54 pm

erm, no... old logo was great, but this is a turning point for the band and they are moving into the future.

The lily represented Tolkki's philosophy and vision, and now he's gone.

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:07 am

Intiaani wrote:Nope, the lily is Tolkki's thing. Let him keep it and use for his own means.

Instead, I don't think, or hope, that Stratovarius sticks to the star. It fits Polaris (sure do?!), but why not to change it with the theme on each record to come? I don't say the new logo is better but I voted "no" anyway. The font's cool, and has been such since Visions. Cooler than the old one, and not as raw and angular, as ain't the music that raw and angular anymore. Don't change that or else... :x
I think they should keep the star logo. why change it in every record? bands usually have a logo so people can identify them, and logo changes every 2 or 3 years don't seem like a good idea to me.

For me, the northern star logo and the title "Polaris" represents MUCH more than just 11 songs of an album. For me it's like if they all got musically lost as a band for the last 5 years, but then reunited following that same north, were they all knew (except Tolkki) they had to go, and there in the end we fans were waiting for them!

pd: hahahaha, sorry if I was too corny, but I love this band and support the new line up and vision 100% for me we have the potential here to have another peak like the ones reached with "Episode" and "Visions". Tolkki seemed dry of new ideas

Florian

Post by Florian » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:10 am

If Timo comes back in the band, perhaps the lily will come back too... :)

Fuuso

Post by Fuuso » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:28 am

I think the new logo is better. Though the Fright Night - Episode logo would be awesome :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:42 am

The Lily logo is cool, but the logo with the star is cool, also! I think Strato should keep the new logo, and TT should keep the lily. Thats an OK compromise, IMO!

Eruaistaniel

Post by Eruaistaniel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:29 am

Well, the font is quite the same...

Stratovarius changed logo during those years as they changed their music... I mean, Fright Night logo, then Visions logo... and now Polaris logo.

Well, Timo Tolkki is very attached to this lily, that's his idea and so on, and he's putting it everywhere (albums and tattoos too)... Keeping the logo, and the lily would have meant they're still bound to him and to the past. The line up is new, the music is new, an so has to be the logo, IMO...

I personally loved the previous one (well, not exactly that one in the picture), but the new logo (actually both of them) is cool as well.

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:16 am

Crap, what ELSE can we argue about? I just don't think it's that important. The new one is fine. I'm more interested in the music than the minor differences in a mofo logo.
Let's Rage!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:21 am

no
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:25 am

No they can't take it just like they can't use the first logo.
These are different times - Different eras.
Changes are needed.
Stratovarius always had smooth change form each album until the self titled.
the music evolved but not too fast yet there was never turning back.
Now there is a change and we must accept it.
For me it is not too tough change.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:26 am

2nd variant

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:07 am

The new one is really nice, as is the older one... but I think the new one shows that the band is now in a new phase.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:32 am

What kind of bullshit is this? Seriously, what? Rakettitulppa, you know they changed the logo for a reason? It was Tolkki's logo. The Fleur De-Lis was his idea. They changed it because they thought it was just fair to Tolkki. He ain't in the band anymore. They wanted to show that the band changed. They wanted to show that the changes that were needed so long happened. It is a new era for the band. So why should they use the old logo?

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:17 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:What kind of bullshit is this? Seriously, what? Rakettitulppa, you know they changed the logo for a reason? It was Tolkki's logo. The Fleur De-Lis was his idea. They changed it because they thought it was just fair to Tolkki. He ain't in the band anymore. They wanted to show that the band changed. They wanted to show that the changes that were needed so long happened. It is a new era for the band. So why should they use the old logo?
I am with Ragehead here.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:54 pm

emperor_black wrote:
For me, the northern star logo and the title "Polaris" represents MUCH more than just 11 songs of an album. For me it's like if they all got musically lost as a band for the last 5 years, but then reunited following that same north, were they all knew (except Tolkki) they had to go, and there in the end we fans were waiting for them!
Well, now that you (over)put it that way... that's pretty pompous, romantical view... and I think it's true. I thought the familiar font is enough but, on second thought, DON'T change the logo either. :D Let's keep the star...

Now destiny has brought us back
We are here before your eyes, we hear your cries
- -
Through wind and thunder we sailed to your shore
We did not give up, so open the door

^^

emperor_black wrote:pd: hahahaha, sorry if I was too corny, but I love this band and support the new line up and vision 100% for me we have the potential here to have another peak like the ones reached with "Episode" and "Visions". Tolkki seemed dry of new ideas
Yup, although he's said it himself: he's had a hard time getting over Elements, Pt. 1, the culmination of his symphonic style. I very well understand that... even if it was not Strato's best record, it's... huge. But, yeah, still, he's been dry of ideas. Bad for him. Did his most magnificient work too early in life it seems. :D I also like the fresh new energy and variations of songs and composers there are on the new album. Polaris is a heck of a good album.

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:13 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:What kind of bullshit is this? Seriously, what? Rakettitulppa, you know they changed the logo for a reason? It was Tolkki's logo. The Fleur De-Lis was his idea. They changed it because they thought it was just fair to Tolkki. He ain't in the band anymore. They wanted to show that the band changed. They wanted to show that the changes that were needed so long happened. It is a new era for the band. So why should they use the old logo?
I am with Ragehead here.
Agreed!!

That old logo was cooler, but I love this new logo too. And I really understand why they changed

Iou1Soul

Post by Iou1Soul » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:12 pm

neither looked better than the other in my opinion. But, the lily represented where they were, and the star is where they are now.

They should keep the star.

I still have my old stratovarius fabric poster on my wall with pride.

stonedphoenix

Post by stonedphoenix » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:19 pm

rakettitulppa wrote:You really should use that old logo again.........
No.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:44 am

Florian wrote:If Timo comes back in the band, perhaps the lily will come back too... :)

I agree :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:59 pm

I personally think that the old logo was really cool, and besides it was Tolkki who put it, for me it's too hard to get used to the new one.
With this I don't mean to say the new logo sucks... I just feel comfortable with the old one; in fact I really appreciate that Strato could show a new direction with this compass

But I prefer the Lily :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Actually, I think it should be a new name (not stratovarius) but well if that cannot happen, then i agree about keeping the "new logo" because it's a "new band". An amazing new one by the way.

:) :beer:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:17 pm

Why does everyone keep saying it is a new band? This is not a new band. It is Stratovarius. This is a new era for Stratovarius, but it is still Stratovarius.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:31 pm

The old logo was nice, but the lily symbolizes Tolkki, I understand why they had to change it and I think the new logo is a fine choice.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:09 pm

I agree that the new logo should be kept as it represents a new chapter in the band history.

The lily represents Tolkki and his philosophy and really he was the one who decided to add it so I agree it should stay with him.
metal feeds the beast

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:34 pm

hiro23 wrote:I agree that the new logo should be kept as it represents a new chapter in the band history.

The lily represents Tolkki and his philosophy and really he was the one who decided to add it so I agree it should stay with him.
That's exactly what I tried to say, thanks Hiro23 :)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:49 pm

I think we all agree on that.