What about Stratovarius live?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
HinatAArcticA
What about Stratovarius live?

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 am

I don't mean the band, I mean this:

Songs like "Fight!!!", "Just Carry On" and specially "The Land of Ice and Snow".

Would you like to listen to theese songs live?
I've learned to love those 3 songs. Back to Madness too, but I don't see them playing that ever, so being realistic I put those 3 songs, and well, I don't really remember the full album, but why are none of theese songs ever performed live? The album is just behind Polaris and yet, I only know one performance for The Land of Ice and Snow, and none of the others.
Do the band really HATES this album so much for not to play even one song?
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

icecab21

Re: What about Stratovarius live?

Post by icecab21 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:39 am

i would like them to play united. that was one they played on the last usa tour and my favorite song from the album. the other two they played for maniac dance and land of ice and snow.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:43 am

I've always wanted to hear United and Maniac Dance live.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:47 am

I'd love to know what Jens or Lauri think of this
Tony Kakko

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:35 am

United live would be another dream come true (although let's keep Destiny in the set. For now. You can drop it and switch to United after I've heard it :P). If they only include one ballad, though, I'd prefer it to be Forever or Coming Home, not necessarily The Land of Ice And Snow. Although that is a great, great ballad, too. ^^ Other than that, I don't know. Back to Madness, as good as it is, would be really corny, not a live song at all. Most of the album is solid ok stuff, but there is Fight!!! still on the better Strato half so I wouldn't mind hearing it live once either. :)
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm

I would love to Hear Zenith of Power. Just without that "The Devil and the apocalypse" line. That still irrates me to this day. It just seems so random.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:I would love to Hear Zenith of Power. Just without that "The Devil and the apocalypse" line. That still irrates me to this day. It just seems so random.
Well then it's your lucky day because the sentence isn't 'The Devil and The Apocalypse'... It's 'Armageddon and The Apocalypse' :lol:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:05 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:I would love to Hear Zenith of Power. Just without that "The Devil and the apocalypse" line. That still irrates me to this day. It just seems so random.
Well then it's your lucky day because the sentence isn't 'The Devil and The Apocalypse'... It's 'Armageddon and The Apocalypse' :lol:
Whatever it is, just change it to something less random.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:34 am

It's funny :lol:
Deep Unknown's keyboard intro is very similar to the one in "Fight!!"

I think the album is a bit under rated. Some songs really would be amazing to be played live. Fight!! I think would be the best to fit in the new setlists of the band. I'd love to hear it sometime, but I know that if it happened, it would not be in this tour, since they would have to rehearse the songs and I don't think they have time to that right now :)

I still wanna know what Jens thinks about this album to be performed live =o
Tony Kakko

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:48 am

there are some live recordings of maniac dance,united and land of ice and snow out there.

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:23 am

UNITED all the way. The last TT masterpiece, and also very meaningful for the actual situation of the band.

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:06 am

United live is amazing. I was there and I almost cried.
so that amazing memory hurts more when they... well, divided. :(

maniac dance is great too. I guess we only have little chance to hear this song live now, as this song is so personal. :?
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:52 am

That's not nearly as out of place as some of the shit Blind Guardian has done.
Namely
"Mirror Mirror on the Wall, True hope lies across the coast"

The "Mirror Mirror on the wall" part makes absolutely no sense in the context of the song, it just sounds good.

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:51 am

Rebel wrote:
The "Mirror Mirror on the wall" part makes absolutely no sense in the context of the song, it just sounds good.
that indeed reminds me Tolkki's 'Reign Of Terror' (Dreamspace)

What the hell is going on
everything is upside down
Hunting, hunting for the fame
terror, terror everywhere

i laugh every time hearing that part. :lol:
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:01 pm

we can make a song
mirror, mirror, on the wall
terror, terror, everywhere
true hope lies across the coast
hunting hunting for the fame

JRaquel

Post by JRaquel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
But aren't you from Germany? The song is about Adolf Hitler.

FindYourOwnVoice

The Land of Ice and Snow

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:53 pm

"The Land of Ice and Snow" is up there as one of the best songs of Stratovarius. Beautiful, mystical and even offensive track. A total classic for me.

The militaristic styled part "we didn't bow under oppression..." is fucking unforgettable!

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
The song is so ominous and evil anyway it would be a real shame if they ever changed that line. :D I'd love to get those bad vibe chills live one day, too, the more of those ZENITH OF POOOWEEEEERR lines in the end the better, actually. For me that kind of device tells of some utter loonness, I dunno... It's just somehow spookily conjuring, painting the devil to the wall stuff... and remember to arrange the background tapes, too. It would be massive, over-the-wall and very, very controversial! I'd love it, for real. :P Only that it would be the final gig the band played for some time. :(

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:30 pm

icecab21 wrote:there are some live recordings of maniac dance,united and land of ice and snow out there.

Yep you are right check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNN16aePEAE The land

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFd4DGWih6s United

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tg1SrgjkWw HHAL - Maniac

Fight was also Played in France and Russia actually there is a Bootleg DVD recorded in Moscow 2005 with that song in the set

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Intiaani wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
The song is so ominous and evil anyway it would be a real shame if they ever changed that line. :D I'd love to get those bad vibe chills live one day, too, the more of those ZENITH OF POOOWEEEEERR lines in the end the better, actually. For me that kind of device tells of some utter loonness, I dunno... It's just somehow spookily conjuring, painting the devil to the wall stuff... and remember to arrange the background tapes, too. It would be massive, over-the-wall and very, very controversial! I'd love it, for real. :P Only that it would be the final gig the band played for some time. :(
No. Change that line. Seriously, everytime I listen to the song I think Tolkki ran out of Ideas. It seems so random.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Intiaani wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
No. Change that line. Seriously, everytime I listen to the song I think Tolkki ran out of Ideas. It seems so random.
GERMAN, IT IS SAID HERE. I AM PRIAPUS, ARYAN MASTER.

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:46 pm

By the way, as a huge Guardian fan I must make a correction here. I'm so ashamed I only now noticed your mistake. :P It's "Mirror, mirror on the wall / true hope lies beyond the coast". It doesn't make sense OR rhyme, but it just sounds cool. :D

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:51 pm

It's surprising how often lyrics don't make sense. I know a million songs with lyrics that have many parts that really make you think what they are trying to say or are they :D