Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:17 pm

The RR Forum cannot be accessed, either. ???

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:25 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:The Dark Ride fucking ROCKS! I never understood why it got such bad reviews. A killer album.
I think is thee best album from Helloween!
Art thou mad!? :shock: :shock:
:? :rotflmao1: :jump2: :sex1: :repuke: :puke: :crazy2:
Yes I am, totally insane. "The dark ride" is still their best album =)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:The Dark Ride fucking ROCKS! I never understood why it got such bad reviews. A killer album.
I think is thee best album from Helloween!
Art thou mad!? :shock: :shock:
:? :rotflmao1: :jump2: :sex1: :repuke: :puke: :crazy2:
Yes I am, totally insane. "The dark ride" is still their best album =)
The Dark RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.

Even the B-Sides (Madness of the Crowds) RAWK

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Must be somewhere in/near top 3 surely. While it doesn't even have that many of my favorite Helloween songs, it stills is a very intact entity. Great atmosphere during the album, and solid good dark Helloween but still Helloween stuff all the way through. :) Keeper II, The Time of the Oath, Keeper I and The Dark Ride might be the four best ones in my opinion.
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:54 pm

I just hope that everything is going well with Timo and RR and especially Return to Dreamspace. It's a pity. It's a pity if they don't release RTD and I don't like at all to see RR website down and RR forum down. Anyway that's not very important. The most important is to know if they are making music. Who knows? I can't think about Timo Tolkki without composing music.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:48 pm

RazielSR wrote:I just hope that everything is going well with Timo and RR and especially Return to Dreamspace. It's a pity. It's a pity if they don't release RTD and I don't like at all to see RR website down and RR forum down. Anyway that's not very important. The most important is to know if they are making music. Who knows? I can't think about Timo Tolkki without composing music.
It should be safe to say he's still making music alright, one way or another. And he seems to have a good time with other Renaissance guys, so if their (supposed) financial problems aren't insuperable, they will continue. If they are, Tolkki continues making music some other way. The different thing is whether he will perform or not; he's said he's not going to be on stage when he's 50. Also the now-Stratovarius have hinted he doesn't like performing in the first place. But Tolkki not making music? That's, like, if there was a thunderstorm in Sahara... If he only remains productive, and this might differ due to his illness, I think he'll keep composing to the end of the world. :D

I'd like to see him in a role of behind-the-scenes music maker some day. If he doesn't want to perform anymore, or even belong in a band, he could either choose the Michael Kiske way and make solo albums or maybe compose and produce stuff to others.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Yes, maybe. Anyway I remember that Tolkki said that was false and that he likes to perform plus that he was looking forward to perform with RR.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:43 pm

I still don't know how we do not know anything about any of his multpiple projects and promises. How can he expect people to trust him and believe in his words? No videoclip, tour, book, RTD album...Many people have lost interest in him and his band.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:53 am

Maybe TT wants to retire from performing, but just cannot take that first step. ???
Even if he does retire, there are plenty of profitable jobs he can do in the music industry. TT is going to be in the music business for many, many years to come.

POLIISI

Post by POLIISI » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:50 am

Lurdi wrote:I still don't know how we do not know anything about any of his multpiple projects and promises. How can he expect people to trust him and believe in his words? No videoclip, tour, book, RTD album...Many people have lost interest in him and his band.
I think he has only one project: Project Strato. There was in Blabbermouth that the album will be released "this fall", whatever that means.
The book, if that ever comes out, seems to come out on 2.11. so there is still time to that (at least it says so in the myspace site). Not commenting anything about the sample pages, I am not sure if I will buy it.

Videoclip, I don't think they just have the money to do a video. I mean they are on a small Italian label and for sure don't have enough liras to make a video:)
And touring...well that is indeed very strange. Maybe nobody wants to book them. It seems that revolution is over:)

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:12 am

Lurdi wrote:I still don't know how we do not know anything about any of his multpiple projects and promises. How can he expect people to trust him and believe in his words? No videoclip, tour, book, RTD album...Many people have lost interest in him and his band.
Yes, unfortunate is true!

& also How can he expect people to trust him if he deleted all his myspaces, foruns & sites??? :roll:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Indeed. But I still hope the RTD album will happen.

Emperor

Post by Emperor » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:49 am

me too, I do really like the old albums :)
Emperor

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:55 am

I heard tell that Jari K. has had nothing to do with any recording for this album or any contact with Timo Tolkki

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:03 am

I don't care if tolkki does the entire thing solo! I just want RTD!!!!!

:!: :!: :!: :!:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Interessting. Has anyone actually asked the 3 other guys about this album?

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Rebel wrote:I heard tell that Jari K. has had nothing to do with any recording for this album or any contact with Timo Tolkki
Was probably just marketing!? :roll:

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:22 pm

:lol: Are you sure that Tolkki has asked them? :?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:15 am

Polaris wrote:
Rebel wrote:I heard tell that Jari K. has had nothing to do with any recording for this album or any contact with Timo Tolkki
Source can name themselves if they so choose, but it was something Jari said.

POLIISI

Post by POLIISI » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:20 am

Rebel wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Kainulainen said in a Finnish Soundi magazine that he will play on the album and that Tolkki was composing songs for it. He also mentioned touring. I don't remember when this was though but I think this does confirm indeed that it is coming out.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:23 am

POLIISI wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Kainulainen said in a Finnish Soundi magazine that he will play on the album and that Tolkki was composing songs for it. He also mentioned touring. I don't remember when this was though but I think this does confirm indeed that it is coming out.
How old is the article though? From what I heard, nothing has been recorded yet and Tolkki and Jari K haven't talked in MONTHS.

POLIISI

Post by POLIISI » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:50 am

Rebel wrote:
POLIISI wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Polaris wrote:
How old is the article though? From what I heard, nothing has been recorded yet and Tolkki and Jari K haven't talked in MONTHS.
It was in June issue of Soundi magazine. Where have you heard that kind of thing?

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Well, I still happen to have that magazine on the table, so let's get these "news" to you vulgar outlanders. :)

Very, very, very free and quick translation from the article:
Petri Silas in Finnish music magazine Soundi 5/2009, p. 10 wrote:
Project Strato to go to studio in the summer

A Helsinki guitarist and composer Timo Tolkki announced already in the last year that he wants to do one more album in Stratovarius' spirit on his own part. Now the project seems to have gotten wind to its sails.

"I got a message at the beginning of April where Tolkki asked me if I want to be in this sort of thing" confirms bassist Jari Kainulainen from his home in Norway to Soundi's news and adds, laughing: "And that's okay with me. More income is never a bad thing, especially because I just bought a house with my wife."

Kainulainen seems to take a stand on his former band member in a way that could be described as patient and simply noble.

Tolkki wanted to replace Kainulainen in 2005 with Lauri Porra, and informed Jani about this rudely via a text message.

"We haven't kept in touch in more than three years, but I thought why to be angry. Besides, it will be nice to see Tuomo and Antti after a long time" refers Kainulainen to the drummer Tuomo Lassila and keyboardist Antti Ikonen who're also invited in.

Tolkki himself shall be to not only create all the songs but also play the guitars and sing.

Up next there will be studio work, and gigs reputedly haven't been closed out either. Currently Kainulainen is waiting for the demos to practise with.

"Tolkki probably right now creates material in Dreamspace album style. And that's fine with me! The schedules is that at some point in the summer I come to Finland to record the basses of the album. That is, not so long to the future. And Tolkki was even hinting about the gigs. I said that if there are going to be no conflicts with Evergrey schedules, why not."
It was a pain in the ass to translate this. It was very poorly written, using some long structures possible in the Finnish language but basically not in English. :D

If you ask me, though, he's still waiting for the demos. ;)

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:Indeed. But I still hope the RTD album will happen.
I would be very interesting for sure. But I want another RR album more =). I know that you don´t have the same oppinion.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
I would be very interesting for sure. But I want another RR album more =). I know that you don´t have the same oppinion.
If he would do another "New Era" like album, then I'd think so too. But for god's sake, please not another Age of Aquarious. Propably the most boring release of this year.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
If he would do another "New Era" like album, then I'd think so too. But for god's sake, please not another Age of Aquarious. Propably the most boring release of this year.
I loved AoA but too many slow songs... I hope they don't drop the symphonic sound though.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:50 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
I loved AoA but too many slow songs... I hope they don't drop the symphonic sound though.
This is my main problem. I missed the fast songs. I think if the album had 2 or 3 fast song I would've liked it more.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
This is my main problem. I missed the fast songs. I think if the album had 2 or 3 fast song I would've liked it more.
I see your point.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
I see your point.
I know they had Heroes, Last Night on Earth and Hunting High and Low released as free download, but apart from Heroes, none of those is really fast and they don't count for me as they were not part of the album.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Again, at the time of the conversation, there had been no material recorded, from what I understand, Jari hasn't talked to Timo since that magazine article, and hasn't played a note of bass on the new recording. I hope my intel is wrong, but I doubt it.