Should this Forum be overhauled and moderated?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Should this forum be overhauld and moderated?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 102

Ragehead91
Should this Forum be overhauled and moderated?

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 pm

We basicly already discussed that in the "Timo Tolkky new MySpace" thread. Again, I really thing the free-spirited nature of this forum is great and we still can have that, but in a more behaved and civilised way. The stuff that is going on here isn't even funny anymore. It is getting obnoxious. You know what? Scratch the "is getting". It is obnoxious. So I ask you, what do you think? Should it be overhauled and moderated? Or should this forum stay the way it is, a home for trolls where a normal discussion is nearly impossible?

Rebel

Re: Should this Forum be overhauled and moderated?

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:06 pm

No. Absolutely not. The A Clan needs to be expanded in fact.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Rebel wrote:No. Absolutely not. The A Clan needs to be expanded in fact.
Why? Their spamming isn't even funny anymore. It is just extremly tedious and nerve-racking.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Why? Their spamming isn't even funny anymore. It is just extremly tedious and nerve-racking.
I doubled over laughing when I read the post about Timo Tolkki eating the first draft of his book. They're moderately funny IMO, and I think they know how to restrict themselves to keep it funny. They're certainly having a good time (And mostly posting in the spam section)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
I doubled over laughing when I read the post about Timo Tolkki eating the first draft of his book. They're moderately funny IMO, and I think they know how to restrict themselves to keep it funny. They're certainly having a good time (And mostly posting in the spam section)
No. Not at all. They're obnoxious and tedious and get carried away too often. Know how to restrict themselves? Are you talking about the same A-collective I'm talking about?

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:07 pm

I voted "yes" :lol:

One big feature on my list is to implement a block list. That way you don't have to read posts from people who you know irritate you.

Also a "thumbs up thumbs down" system would be great. Ala slashdot/ youtube etc. You could choose to not see individual posts which have gotten a lot of thumbs down...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Forget about the ignore list. Get a moderator who can ban the guys. They should get banend right away anyway. I have no problem with people stating their opinions and making jokes, but those guys are just obnoxius.

And this has nothing to do with banning people because they don't have the same opinion as you do like Tolkki did.

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:17 pm

I completely agree with you on this, Ragehead

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:23 pm

I voted yes.
I used to be very active in here, but honestly I have to say I don't like the way it has been "hijacked" by so called funny posters/trolls that always have to make every single thread into a unserious rant of bullshit. It was slightly funny in the beginning, but after a while it escalated, so I read and posted less and less. I really loved the friendly, humourous and free tone we used to have here before the A's etc took over (just using the A's as an example).
Now I rarely bother to start a new thread, even if I really want to. This forum was a fresh breath of air in my everyday life and I miss it. Of course I can ignore the ones making the fuss, but it's so much of it that I think it's really hard.

I don't want the forum to be as strictly moderated as the Sonata Arctica forum, but more than now would be great. I don't mind funny jokes, some things turning off topic, friendly sarcasm etc - as long as it doesn't take over every thread, every post and everything at the forum. That's how I feel it is now.

Never intended to write this long rant, and I'll stop now :lol: But at least I've said what I had on my mind.

Hope you get something nice done Jens, glad you're here :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:24 pm

JensJohansson wrote:I voted "yes" :lol:

One big feature on my list is to implement a block list. That way you don't have to read posts from people who you know irritate you.

Also a "thumbs up thumbs down" system would be great. Ala slashdot/ youtube etc. You could choose to not see individual posts which have gotten a lot of thumbs down...
This.
This is actually a really good idea. Allows the best of both worlds.

Just because Ragehead doesn't like the A Clan doesn't mean he should impose upon the people who still think the jokes are funny

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Rebel wrote:

This.
No. Not this. Banning. Period.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:27 pm

Irinia wrote:I voted yes.
I used to be very active in here, but honestly I have to say I don't like the way it has been "hijacked" by so called funny posters/trolls that always have to make every single thread into a unserious rant of bullshit. It was slightly funny in the beginning, but after a while it escalated, so I read and posted less and less. I really loved the friendly, humourous and free tone we used to have here before the A's etc took over (just using the A's as an example).
Now I rarely bother to start a new thread, even if I really want to. This forum was a fresh breath of air in my everyday life and I miss it. Of course I can ignore the ones making the fuss, but it's so much of it that I think it's really hard.

I don't want the forum to be as strictly moderated as the Sonata Arctica forum, but more than now would be great. I don't mind funny jokes, some things turning off topic, friendly sarcasm etc - as long as it doesn't take over every thread, every post and everything at the forum. That's how I feel it is now.

Never intended to write this long rant, and I'll stop now :lol: But at least I've said what I had on my mind.

Hope you get something nice done Jens, glad you're here :)
+<9000

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:27 pm

Read my edited post.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Rebel wrote:

This.

Just because Ragehead doesn't like the A Clan doesn't mean he should impose upon the people who still think the jokes are funny
They are not funny. They're obnoxious. They're tideous. They're getting carried away to often and they're turning every discussion into a spamfest. Again, I have no problem with joke or a bit sarcasm here and there, but those guys are carrying it to excess. You can't even discuss with them because all you get is a shitload of smileys and stupid jokes.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:

This.

They are not funny. They're obnoxious. They're tideous. They're getting carried away to often and they're turning every discussion into a spamfest. Again, I have no problem with joke or a bit sarcasm here and there, but those guys are carrying it to excess. You can't even discuss with them because all you get is a shitload of smileys and stupid jokes.
But obviously not everyone agrees with you, with an ignore feature, it would essentially be like they're banned, only they wouldn't bother to create new accounts to get around the ban, you would only see posts from posters you find "worthy" and as they say, out of sight, out of mind.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:

This.

But obviously not everyone agrees with you, with an ignore feature, it would essentially be like they're banned, only they wouldn't bother to create new accounts to get around the ban, you would only see posts from posters you find "worthy" and as they say, out of sight, out of mind.
No. This is the official forum. It represents the band in a way. And I don't think they want to be represented by a bunch of Idiots. If they could behave normaly, than I have no problem. But I don't see that happen.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:

This.

No. This is the official forum. It represents the band in a way. And I don't think they want to be represented by a bunch of Idiots. If they could behave normaly, than I have no problem. But I don't see that happen.
You're not addressing the point and reiterating your dislike for them. Ignore functions are a proven method on forums that have rule abiding attention whores.

Should we remove all the rants you make about how many songs on Polaris sucks, because this is an official forum, we don't want to give the band a bad image.

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:42 pm

To say it like this (to the Ragehead/Rebel discussion):
If I had been a new fan registering at this forum, read the threads here and what's going on and all the "unseriousness", I would have turned on my heels and gotten the hell out of here as fast as possible - never to return again.

As an official band forum, I think it represents Strato in a oh-not-so-very-nice way right now.
Just my little opinion.

No matter what solution Jens chooses, I sure would be happy if I don't have to read all that bullshit.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Irinia wrote:To say it like this (to the Ragehead/Rebel discussion):
If I had been a new fan registering at this forum, read the threads here and what's going on and all the "unseriousness", I would have turned on my heels and gotten the hell out of here as fast as possible - never to return again.

As an official band forum, I think it represents Strato in a oh-not-so-very-nice way.
Just my little opinion.

No matter what solution Jens chooses, I sure would be happy if I don't have to read all that bullshit.
Well, I'd say the opposite, first off, they don't post all that often in the main forums, mostly the "Tolkki" related topics, and the spam/flames section, but as I said, I happen to ENJOY the antics of the A-clan, they can be pretty funny, and are more creative than the average spammer.
Moreover, as far as banning is concerned, you can't keep a good troll down without putting in way more effort than its worse, hell, Timo Tolkki still registers accounts.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:45 pm

You're putting words in my mouth. As I said, I have no problem with people stating their opinions in a behaved an civilized way. But what they're doing is neither behaved nor civilized. All they do is producing more fake accounts, spam a shitload of smiley, making stupid jokes and bash Tolkki. And this is really becoming rampant in the recent time. You can't discuss with them because all they give you is even more shit. And as long as they don't stop this and behave civilized they should get banend. Period.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAAA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:You're putting words in my mouth. As I said, I have no problem with people stating their opinions in a behaved an civilized way. But what they're doing is neither behaved nor civilized. All they do is producing more fake accounts, spam a shitload of smiley, making stupid jokes and bash Tolkki. And this is really becoming rampant in the recent time. You can't discuss with them because all they give you is even more shit. And as long as they don't stop this and behave civilized they should get banend. Period.
I pooted. :rvd: :rvd: :rvd: :rvd: :poke: :bandit: :twak: =P =P :omg: :omg: :omg: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :newbie: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :buk: :facial: :buk: :facial:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:You're putting words in my mouth. As I said, I have no problem with people stating their opinions in a behaved an civilized way. But what they're doing is neither behaved nor civilized. All they do is producing more fake accounts, spam a shitload of smiley, making stupid jokes and bash Tolkki. And this is really becoming rampant in the recent time. You can't discuss with them because all they give you is even more shit. And as long as they don't stop this and behave civilized they should get banend. Period.
What will banning do? Make them harder to keep track of? Its like you said, they'll just keep making more accounts.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Rebel wrote:
What will banning do? Make them harder to keep track of? Its like you said, they'll just keep making more accounts.
If this forum would've a few active mods and admins, this problem can be sloved too.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I pooted. :rvd: :rvd: :rvd: :rvd: :poke: :bandit: :twak: =P =P :omg: :omg: :omg: :funlo: :funhi: :funlo: :funhi: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :newbie: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: :buk: :facial: :buk: :facial:
Exactly what I was talking about :roll:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
If this forum would've a few active mods and admins, this problem can be sloved too.
it DOES have active mods and admins, they're just quiet and sneaky, I asked Jens about this, he said he wasn't the one who banned the A24s (Which, I assume were not from the same group as the regular A10ers)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
it DOES have active mods and admins, they're just quiet and sneaky, I asked Jens about this, he said he wasn't the one who banned the A24s (Which, I assume were not from the same group as the regular A10ers)
Then why aren't the other A's banned yet. They're as obnoxious as the others.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Because you touch yourself at night?
Hell if I know, it's because the A24s were actually breaking forum rules and blitz posting without any substance.
Or maybe it's because the mods don't listen to the fan mail you send.
I can already tell you're one of the people that is overly self assured in their own opinions, so I would say discussing this with you is about as pointless as discussing Tolkki with the A10ers. But you never thought about that, did you?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:59 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Because you touch yourself at night?
Hell if I know, it's because the A24s were actually breaking forum rules and blitz posting without any substance.
Or maybe it's because the mods don't listen to the fan mail you send.
I can already tell you're one of the people that is overly self assured in their own opinions, so I would say discussing this with you is about as pointless as discussing Tolkki with the A10ers. But you never thought about that, did you?
There is nothing to discuss about the As. They're obnoxious trolls that should be banned right away.

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:59 pm

:lol: Obnoxious? Were have I seen that word?

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAAA » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

AAAAAAAAA wrote::lol: Obnoxious?? Were have I seen that word???
Doesn't Onkel Jeremiah have it tatooed somewhere on his phallus? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: Or maybe a plaque above the fireplace! :evil: :idea: :idea: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: