Men / Women trying to steal your Girlfriend / Boyfriend

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Lightyear
Men / Women trying to steal your Girlfriend / Boyfriend

Post by Lightyear » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:37 am

Hi all,

Isn't it annoying when other men / women try to steal your girlfriend / boyfriend (or the other way around). ?

Some people just don't get the clue that the person is "occupied" and you feel like punching them in the teeth, ripping them a new asshole or just torturing them almost to death like Jack Bauer in 24.

Any comments ? Thoughts ? Cruel ideas for guys / gals like that ? Similar situations ?

-R
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
is just a freight train coming your way

Carcass

Re: Men / Women trying to steal your Girlfriend / Boyfriend

Post by Carcass » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:46 am

If you're in a strong relationship it shouldn't be that big a problem. You don't own your partner. Being possessive and jealous are big turn offs, at least for me.

sanichi

Post by sanichi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:29 pm

I agree with you Carcass, (exagerated) jealousy is no solution. I hate it, too, if a guy is clinging to me as if I was his property. If a realtionship is strong enough, noone should be able to "steal" your girlfriend/boyfriend. Otherwise you might consider if your partner cares just as much for you as you care for him/her.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's funny because it's true. :) Call me cynical but I am always on the lookout. Watching. Waiting. Stealthily. Ready to attack...
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:24 pm

i thought WHAT when i saw topic name :)

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:38 am

Single is the only way to be :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Babylon wrote:Single is the only way to be :wink:
Amen! :) Its nice and fun to have a special relationship but life can be complicated enough as is. I have had several brief relationships the past 10 years or so and some more serious than others, but I have remained friends with most of these guys. So, IMO, its best to start out as friends first, then if it ends later as a special relationship, the friendship remains. There is nothing much more hurtful or even embarassing than a really bad breakup that remains unresolved.

My abusive marriage ended over a decade ago and by its end I was echoing Rodney Dangerfield somewhat, "Take my husband.......please!" :D

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Well I'm like a hermit, so I don't have that kind of problems! :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Polaris wrote:Well I'm like a hermit, so I don't have that kind of problems! :)
But you at least must have HAD one of that! I guess...
In my case, it happened with my ex-girlfriend. There was this dude flirtting to her in front of my eyes, and we (my ex and I) got quite upset. After being with her for 1 year, she break up with me; and in about a month or 2, she was dating this bloke... Quite anoying, I guess :(
|StratoFan Forever|

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Everyone has an opinion, but I would never like to be single in my life.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:13 am

Being sinlge actually isn't that bad. Nothing wrong with relationships either, it is just a wee bit overrated. It's like you can't lead a fulfilling life without having a proper family with 2.3 kids and a dog. I'm 24, in modern days I guess it's normal not to know which way you're heading...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:21 am

Carcass wrote:Being sinlge actually isn't that bad. Nothing wrong with relationships either, it is just a wee bit overrated. It's like you can't lead a fulfilling life without having a proper family with 2.3 kids and a dog. I'm 24, in modern days I guess it's normal not to know which way you're heading...
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. Any of them is better than the other, it's just a matter of decisions, lives, priorities...
And it is completely normal not to know it in 24, even more normal in a guy than in a girl.
I am 22 and I have always known which way I'd like to take.
I was born when my mother was 22 and my father 25. It's sth I wouldn't do right now, but motherhood is sth I do want to experience in the future.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:19 am

i want that .3 of a child.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:58 am

icecab21 wrote:i want that .3 of a child.
It can be arranged, smart ass.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:05 am

Carcass wrote:
Jaja :D
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:35 am

Carcass wrote:
Tell you what, I only want .7 of a child, so if I have one, you can have teh other 30%. However, depending on bloodloss, even if we put it back together, we might only have .8 of a kid. I'll consult some people I know who are majoring in medicine, maybe they've covered this in class

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 am

I don't think lightyear meant the question as a matter of you own your partner, I think it was more of the fact that someone is hitting on your significant other and they clearly will not stop or get the hint that they are not interested in them.

You know that weird freaky person at a party or something that later on turns into the stalker you didn't want.

In this case I agree, I would be upset
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:54 am

You know that weird freaky person at a party or something that later on turns into the stalker you didn't want.
nice setup

In the case of sexual harassment, if that's what the guy is talking about, I’m sure a bartender would be happy to throw out anyone causing a disturbance to costumers if that was the case. Cops are an open if things really get out of hand and talking does nothing.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:03 pm

icecab21 wrote:
nice setup

In the case of sexual harassment, if that's what the guy is talking about, I’m sure a bartender would be happy to throw out anyone causing a disturbance to costumers if that was the case. Cops are an open if things really get out of hand and talking does nothing.
That is a very extreme option. You don't have to go that far if you know how to stop that situation.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:47 am

But that's my point, what if it's clearly someone who doesn't take a hint? someone who's hell bent on getting what they want one way or another?
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:10 am

someone who is hell bent will get beat by leather.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:08 am

hiro23 wrote:But that's my point, what if it's clearly someone who doesn't take a hint? someone who's hell bent on getting what they want one way or another?
A girl I know had a stalker, it's really creepy. People like that have serious issues. Tearing a new asshole is not what comes first to mind. Contacting the police is advisable.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:31 am

True, but then there might be the situation that even if you contact the police they may not get there in time to help you
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:42 am

tazer first, gun second.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:48 am

hiro23 wrote:True, but then there might be the situation that even if you contact the police they may not get there in time to help you
Hang on there. To help? We are talking about people who are "trying to steal your boyfriend/girlfriend". Not ninja assassins. To my experience you can reason with most people, even with wretched bastards with issues. Don't be so goddamn afraid of everything and everyone.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:22 am

I'm not distrusting, I'm not saying this is something that happens often but every once in awhile I've seen people who get drunk off their ass and want to start trouble.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:28 am

Well it might not be your experience, but some of us have dealt with ninja assassins, so frankly some of us are talking about that. Big vans with candy and clown drivers are also something some of have had to deal with as partners have been stolen by clowns with that kind of car. Alien abductions are also the case where people try and take the partner back to Mexico.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:31 pm

Icecab:sounds like the plot to Killer clowns from outer space :lol:
metal feeds the beast

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

hiro23 wrote:Icecab:sounds like the plot to Killer clowns from outer space :lol:
:lol:
Back to topic, stalkers can be a serious problem, even if you don't know how to deal with them. I agree with the option of the cops, 'cause it's the easiest way to get over a problem like this. But again, taking sooo much time can turn into a disaster :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:10 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
hiro23 wrote:Icecab:sounds like the plot to Killer clowns from outer space :lol:
:lol:
Back to topic, stalkers can be a serious problem, even if you don't know how to deal with them. I agree with the option of the cops, 'cause it's the easiest way to get over a problem like this. But again, taking sooo much time can turn into a disaster :?
But I'd really like to know what you mean by stalkers because not everyone would define them in the same way. If it's someone who is flirting with your boyfriend/girlfriend in a not violent way, I am sure you can sort out the matter by talking personally with that person. I wouldn't call that person a stalker at all.
But if on the contrary is someone who is constantly sending you text messages, chasing you all over the world, knowing every single move you make, even trying to rape you, that is REALLY HEAVY and of course I'd call the police beyond all doubt.
But girls are much more helpless than guys in these situations. I don't know any case of girls stalking guys.
Some months ago a German guy became absolutely obsessed with a Spanish actress he had seen in TV. He sent her plenty of love letters and she refused to have any contact with him, that he was not interested in having an affair with him. He even came to Madrid to meet her personally, but as she rejected him once again he became really angry and attacked her with a crossbow.Fortunately she was unhurt.