Rhapsody of Fire are back!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Ragehead91
Rhapsody of Fire are back!

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Italian symphonic metal masters RHAPSODY OF FIRE will release their new album, "The Frozen Tears Of Angels", on March 5, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was produced by Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli and it was mixed and mastered by Sascha Paeth at the Gate Studio (AVANTASIA, EPICA) in Wolfsburg, Germany.

Commented the band: "We are finally proud to announce to the world that RHAPSODY OF FIRE are stronger than ever and finally ready for their glorious comeback!

"We just signed a worldwide-level agreement with the legendary label Nuclear Blast, at this time the greatest choice we could have ever done. Wonderful people, a great business vision and the best organization possible, for a relationship that can be anything else but successful for the years to come.

"In the last months, we worked very hard and now all we can say is that a great new album, a real masterpiece of power/speed/symphonic metal, is finally ready!

"This is not just a new album for us, but pure emotion carved in music. Lyrically, it's based on the third chapter of 'The Dark Secret Saga' and the long journey of five bravehearts to the frozen northern lands at the unexplored borders of the known world in order to find a way to stop the demonknight's prophecy. This album and its music will underline the feelings, hopes and fear of the main characters in this new epic adventure. All the drama of this new part of the saga will be as always enchanted by the soundtrack oriented orchestral arrangements and the majesty of opera choirs, real trademark of RHAPSODY OF FIRE's music, but surely this album will sound more powerful, speed- and guitar-oriented than in the recent past, in order to underline the dark and romantic rage of the lyrics too. Every song will have its own character, as you will be able to fly with the angels of the crystal realms through the cold skies of the north on the notes of hit songs like 'Sea Of Fate' (song written for the first time together by Luca Turilli, Alex Staropoli and Fabio Lione), 'Raging Starfire' or 'The Frozen Tears Of Angels', and at the same time you will have a taste of the angels' holy rage listening to 'Reign Of Terror', real gem of this new production. The energy of more extreme metal applied to positive lyrics hymning to the victory of hope, truth and respect over the inner demons lying in the depths of our conscience for a unique contrast never heard before and that made us really excited while composing this song.

"This new CD will include a great-looking cover artwork, created this time by a new and incredibly talented artist able to turn the drama of our fantasy world into a serious, cinematic and realistic representation, and a complete booklet including all the details of the saga's new chapter.

"The album will be released as a special limited deluxe digipak (first edition), including two bonus tracks and an incredible 32-pages booklet, as well as a standard jewelcase and, of course, on vinyl.

"We are looking forward to inviting you to the unexplored snowy and icy majestic landscapes of the north, that mystical dark frozen world where even the tears of our beloved angels can't be anything else but frozen!”

Beast_Pete

Re: Rhapsody of Fire are back!

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Good to hear things are working out again for them.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Balu

Post by Balu » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Let's hope it will be good.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:52 pm

Just awesome I'm totally speechless.
So long wait so great news (BTW is it just me or is Nuclear Blast just expanding all the time?)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:58 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:Just awesome I'm totally speechless.
So long wait so great news (BTW is it just me or is Nuclear Blast just expanding all the time?)
Yes, they are. Yesterday Symphony X, now Rhapsody.

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:03 pm

I am SOOO Happy with these news!!! :D:D:D

It will be so awesome year 2010! :DD

And im glad that it is Nuclear Blast... now we have special editions ect of the album :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:50 pm

nice, with nuclear blast that should do the band good.

Balu

Post by Balu » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Why would Nuclear Blast be any better than others?

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:14 pm

glorious comeback!
legendary label Nuclear Blast

journey of five bravehearts to the frozen northern lands at the unexplored borders of the known world in order to find a way to stop the demonknight's prophecy.
dark and romantic rage of the lyrics
fly with the angels of the crystal realms through the cold skies of the north
taste of the angels' holy rage
victory of hope, truth and respect over the inner demons lying in the depths of our conscience
unexplored snowy and icy majestic landscapes of the north, that mystical dark frozen world where even the tears of our beloved angels can't be anything else but frozen!
Glad to see they haven't changed one bit. :lol:

I rarely listen to Rhapsody ...of fire these days and I was very disappointed with their last release, but I might get this one. If for nothing else, then just for the old times' sake. :)

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Balu wrote:Why would Nuclear Blast be any better than others?
It's a huge record company that signs metal bands. Rhapsody of Fire are big enough to be cared about by the them and to be invested in.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Yeah, Rhapsody of Fire made a good move going there. After their last situation, they needed to go to a strong and stable company and NB is just that.

Anyone willing to hazard a guess as to what the new album will sound like?
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:09 pm

Why would Nuclear Blast be any better than others?
Because nuclear blast is one of few metal labels, with century media, that can actually get good distributor.

In the Seattle metal store sections, apart from metal groups singed to big labels like Sony, nuclear blast has a huge portion of bands found in the metal section.

Look at the volume of people that watch nuclear blast videos on YouTube, bands can get hundreds of thousands very fast.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Wonderful people, a great business vision and the best organization possible, for a relationship that can be anything else but successful for the years to come.
Oh no! It looks like their relationship will be a complete disaster!! Bunch of masochists!!

(I'm pretty sure they meant to say "for a relationship that can be nothing but successful).

:D
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Yay! :square:
Can't wait for 2010! World Cup, Avantasia, and now Rhapsody of Fire! Oh goodie goodie goodie! :)

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:53 am

Now that's really great news! I don't really like this saga as much as I liked the Emerald Sword saga, but this is fantastic news nonetheless. I hope they can return with the energy and creativity of their first albums.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:05 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Yay! :square:
Can't wait for 2010! World Cup, Avantasia, and now Rhapsody of Fire! Oh goodie goodie goodie! :)
Overkill, Masterplan, Rage, Kalmah, Kamelot, Iron Maiden, Symphony X and the list is getting longer.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Overkill, Masterplan, Rage, Kalmah, Kamelot, Iron Maiden, Symphony X and the list is getting longer.
Add Strato(possibly), Excalion, Olympos Mons, Power Quest, Firewind, revolution renaissance, Return to Dreamspace, Kiuas...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Don't forget Blind Guardian. That's the one I'm waiting for the most.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:31 pm

they have over 13500 products for sale

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:32 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Add Strato(possibly), Excalion, Olympos Mons, Power Quest, Firewind, revolution renaissance, Return to Dreamspace, Kiuas...
Mormegil wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Don't forget Blind Guardian. That's the one I'm waiting for the most.
2010 will kick ass when it comes to music!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:41 pm

I've forgotten Rhapsody, Gamma Ray and Freedom Call too!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:58 am

another freedom call, fuck yes, love bays voice and their fucking epic music

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:04 am

icecab21 wrote:another freedom call, fuck yes, love bays voice and their fucking epic music
Indeed. It was supposed to come out this month along with Gamma Ray but I guess it was pushed back due to SPV Records having a lot of problems recently.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:31 am

so sad when record companys have problems. oh well, once its released its released 2010 will be awsome,

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:01 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
Blind Guardian

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Blind Guardian
Have been mentioned.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:55 am

Angra announced they will release a new album in mid 2010 as well!

QUACK!! :umbrella:

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Angra announced they will release a new album in mid 2010 as well!

Err, well, they have announced it.

http://www.angra.net/news.aspx#noticia134
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:34 am

Stealth wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Angra announced they will release a new album in mid 2010 as well!

Err, well, they have announced it.

http://www.angra.net/news.aspx#noticia134
I have scrutinized your post, and mine, to the letter. Nay, the pixel. I am positively mystified. Stupified. Terrified. Okay, maybe not terrified.

What exactly is your complaint..!? :umbrella:

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 am

No complaint. Just making things more confusing for you.