You have to do new DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
dirtclaw
Re: You have to do new DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by dirtclaw » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:49 am

I definitely agree. If Strato is going to release a full concert DVD, though, I'd recommend taking notes from One Cold Winter's Night. It remains my favorite concert I've watched on DVD, period.

scorpions

Post by scorpions » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:16 pm

First I have to say hello to everybody here in Strato forum, I`m new here.

And to the topic, I also think that Stratovarius really have to make new live dvd, it`s too long since the last one. Or maybe if they are not making dvd about this curent tour, then why not to make dvd about making the next album. Something similar to Metallica`s Year and half videos, that would be great :)

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Well, if they really are to make a DVD, I think it's a little bit late to see for it for this tour, it will be for the next album tour at least!!!
Damn, imagine a setlist as good as BG's Imaginations for the Strato DVD!!!!!!! Something like 30 songs played on a giant concert!!!!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Arkash wrote:Well, if they really are to make a DVD, I think it's a little bit late to see for it for this tour, it will be for the next album tour at least!!!
Damn, imagine a setlist as good as BG's Imaginations for the Strato DVD!!!!!!! Something like 30 songs played on a giant concert!!!!
Why is it to late? There is still the big Europe Tour in January and February.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 am

Well, maybe to late to suddenly decide to reccord artistically a show. Professionally, it okay, just put some cameras, but if you want something really artistic, I would start working on that maybe quite a year before it happens, see for the light, the venue, the authorizations, the director...but I hope you are right and they can reccord one on this tour!!!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:44 am

Hate to shoot your latenesses down, but it's mainly going to include Tolkki era material, provided Jens & co. can find every audio and video and make them synch. :D
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 pm

tik tak, tik tak, tik tak, tik tak, tik tak, days, weeks, years are going, nothing, N O T H I N G is happening.
Just look the beuty of this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIg7X3WH ... re=related

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:14 pm

crostrato wrote:tik tak, tik tak, tik tak, tik tak, tik tak, days, weeks, years are going, nothing, N O T H I N G is happening.
Just look the beuty of this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIg7X3WH ... re=related

Thats a really great vid i love it BUT is the band has plans of release any DVD of the Tolkki era i would like to see the MILAN 2003 i think The setlist was better and the band was in better shape that the Sao Paulo show

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Nice video, but I think that DVD project was dumped after the internal issues we all know. It's a pity, but maybe if we give them until they finish the Polaris Tour, they might release it. Just a suposition :?
|StratoFan Forever|

FindYourOwnVoice

Milano / Sao Paulo

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Sun May 23, 2010 12:38 pm

The new album in the making, so it would be a perfect thing to compile that much wished 'legendary line-up' dvd with a complete gig... More work, but as the fire is burning now...

'Infinite Visions' just isn't enough to stand as a final visual epitaph for that era i think.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun May 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Yep! I agree!

I've seen clips from the 2005 Sao Paolo concert that was recorded for a supposed DVD. And those clips sound amazing. Would be a nice suprise to have this summer.:)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:19 pm

With clips of shows back at 2005? That seems very improbable; maybe with some material from Polaris Tour, no Tolkki-Era :?
|StratoFan Forever|

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed May 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Well I also think they should release one good quality DVD from Tolkki-era. They recorded a bunch of very good material that was never released.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu May 27, 2010 7:40 am

rikkertje wrote:Well I also think they should release one good quality DVD from Tolkki-era.
There is no way to capture Tolkki on DVD.... :eyes

Unless its filmed in widescreen!! :ola:

:crazy2: :repuke: :nervous: :banana1: :banana1: :banana2: :banana2: :leapfrog: :leapfrog: :laff: :laff: :bounce2: :bounce2: :umbrella:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm

:shock: :shock: Widescreen??? :shock: Enough, enough, with capitulating in moonlight in Smallscreen. We need D I S T A N C E here. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu May 27, 2010 5:04 pm

I-Max 8)

TimoToikki

Post by TimoToikki » Thu May 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Stratowarius wrote::shock: :shock: Widescreen??? :shock: Enough, enough, with capitulating in moonlight in Smallscreen. We need D I S T A N C E here. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
That's very cute, but a bit desperate :)
Your timing also shows some desperation :)

Do you want me to release those emails?

TimoToikki

Post by TimoToikki » Thu May 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Stratowarius wrote::shock: :shock: Widescreen??? :shock: Enough, enough, with capitulating in moonlight in Smallscreen. We need D I S T A N C E here. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Fuck that is small.
Maybe i'll play some Elvis :)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:24 am

FUCK OFF T O I K K I

TimoToikki

Post by TimoToikki » Fri May 28, 2010 3:48 am

robocop656 wrote:FUCK OFF T O I K K I
We can see this guy is evil. Don't talk to this guy. I should return to hymn to life forums. It is peaceful there.

Maybe I will disappear from the internet forever......

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:48 pm

You say black, I say white
You say up, I say down
You say Heaven, I say Hell
You say Justin Biever, I say FUCK YOU!
You say we should not talk to robocop656, what do you think I'm gonna do :roll: :x?!

P.S: Hi robocop656 :D
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:42 am

they should totally do a live dvd, but the right time to do that passed long ago; what I believe is that Stratovarius have to do a kind of metallica's "Some kind of monster" HISTORY and LIVE PERFORMANCE , a DVD whitout talking about the split, and without timo tolkki last performance just sucks.
my opinion
A9

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:02 am

adrian9 wrote:they should totally do a live dvd, but the right time to do that passed long ago; what I believe is that Stratovarius have to do a kind of metallica's "Some kind of monster" HISTORY and LIVE PERFORMANCE , a DVD whitout talking about the split, and without timo tolkki last performance just sucks.
my opinion
Exactly.

He did admit it himself that in the last years with strato when going to play a gig he was practically dead.
Just a zombie on the stage with no brain activity.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm still thinking they'll have to wait a lil' more until Matias gets on better with the group and at least release another album. There is the right time for a new DVD :)
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:56 am

I'm still thinking they'll have to wait a lil' more until Matias gets on better with the group and at least release another album. There is the right time for a new DVD Smile
you might be right...is cool enough because you got a lot of new songs to showcase mathias influence in the band and you can also pick up some of the best strato classic and have a nice mix (classic + new).
in that case we are talking about a 20 song set list :lol: :D
A9

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:48 am

adrian9 wrote:
I'm still thinking they'll have to wait a lil' more until Matias gets on better with the group and at least release another album. There is the right time for a new DVD Smile
you might be right...is cool enough because you got a lot of new songs to showcase mathias influence in the band and you can also pick up some of the best strato classic and have a nice mix (classic + new).
firewind live album had 22 songs from the same gig and not all were even released so i would not see it as a problem if they had a long setlist.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:20 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Woah, imagine that as a 2 and a half hour concert! Dream Theater would be so jelaous :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|

Koskenkorvasieni

Post by Koskenkorvasieni » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:28 am

The Finnish broadcasting company YLE also has a concert from tavastia 1999 and Provinssirock 1999 in their archives, what about releasing those? I seem to remember Stratovarius performing at finnish TV-show Jyrki in 1998 also, I had the whole thing on VHS back in the day...

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Koskenkorvasieni wrote:The Finnish broadcasting company YLE also has a concert from tavastia 1999 and Provinssirock 1999 in their archives, what about releasing those? I seem to remember Stratovarius performing at finnish TV-show Jyrki in 1998 also, I had the whole thing on VHS back in the day...
I recall those were also good performances. On the main issue, i think it's a fucking scandal that a band of this caliber STILL don't have one single LIVE DVD :shock:

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:41 pm

FindYourOwnVoice wrote:
Koskenkorvasieni wrote:The Finnish broadcasting company YLE also has a concert from tavastia 1999 and Provinssirock 1999 in their archives, what about releasing those? I seem to remember Stratovarius performing at finnish TV-show Jyrki in 1998 also, I had the whole thing on VHS back in the day...
I recall those were also good performances. On the main issue, i think it's a fucking scandal that a band of this caliber STILL don't have one single LIVE DVD :shock:
True!
I would love to see the show they filmed in Sao Paolo in 2005. And of course a show with Matias.