TT/RR concerts in São Paulo

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
icecab21
Re: TT/RR concerts in São Paulo

Post by icecab21 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:10 pm

He asked a question as to why tolkki was doing the workshop, I simply answered because he wants to, and then he responded that he thinks tolkki does not want to. Is the question supposed to be a rhetorical statement where he already has his mind made up and does not expect or want a response, or is a opinion that he does like the workshop and that i think it's a good idea not a optional answer?

About the bad idea thing, should people think about how something only affects them, or should they consider how it affects others as well? I think its ok to say that something is not for me but I think it’s a good idea because it will help other people out. To me it feels like the person is saying "since I don't like it, no one should get the chance to experience it". We can find a lot of that in the other section where questions are basically formed as statements such as "why did they rape their songs?"

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 pm

What?...
No RR live videos on this topic? xD

Heroes, I did it my Way:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7O4pcIoZ-oE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7O4pcIoZ-oE&hl ... 2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I hope that they will sound better when they are in real tour and with the whole band because... well... I don't know, I was expecting a bit more, specially in Heroes, I love that song and the drums just sound... bad, out of time sometimes.
Thoughts? xD

Last Night on Earth:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OYcZu6g9F8U&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OYcZu6g9F8U&hl ... 2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Better x3
Still don't like the drums o.O
More thoughts? n n
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:44 pm

icecab21 wrote:He asked a question as to why tolkki was doing the workshop, I simply answered because he wants to, and then he responded that he thinks tolkki does not want to. Is the question supposed to be a rhetorical statement where he already has his mind made up and does not expect or want a response, or is a opinion that he does like the workshop and that i think it's a good idea not a optional answer?

About the bad idea thing, should people think about how something only affects them, or should they consider how it affects others as well? I think its ok to say that something is not for me but I think it’s a good idea because it will help other people out. To me it feels like the person is saying "since I don't like it, no one should get the chance to experience it". We can find a lot of that in the other section where questions are basically formed as statements such as "why did they rape their songs?"
+1

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:
I hope that they will sound better when they are in real tour and with the whole band because... well... I don't know, I was expecting a bit more, specially in Heroes, I love that song and the drums just sound... bad, out of time sometimes.
Thoughts? xD
It's just the rhythm, not quite like on the album :D But I'm pretty sure they haven't had too much time to practise for that too.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:21 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:I hope that they will sound better when they are in real tour and with the whole band because... well... I don't know, I was expecting a bit more, specially in Heroes, I love that song and the drums just sound... bad, out of time sometimes.
Thoughts? xD ... Still don't like the drums o.O
More thoughts? n n
My thoughts.. well, Bruno is a really good drummer, I don't think it was his "fault". Probably it was hard for the guys to hear each other on stage.. strange monitor system etc. Also.. the audio from the camera is distorting.

I am sure they would sound much better than this youtube video under different circumstances!

I actually liked some of the other bands TT played with as well, when he did those clinics. I think the Colombian guys were great for instance! Introspection or whatever they were called. On youtube as well.

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:30 am

Rantanen and Kiske! Where are you guys ?? :'(

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:33 am

lalodrums2 wrote:Rantanen and Kiske! Where are you guys ?? :'(
Dunno bout Rantanen but I guess Kiske is preparing the debut Album of his new Band "Unisonic".

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:43 am

lalodrums2 wrote:Rantanen and Kiske! Where are you guys ?? :'(
If you are talking about Mirka he is propably preparing to tour with Thunderstone.

If you are talking about Pasi then I must say he is doing all kinds of stuff since he is no more involved with any band but doing projects instead.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:08 pm

JensJohansson wrote: I am sure they would sound much better than this youtube video under different circumstances!
I'm looking forward to that, I've reallly been wating long for RR live. Timo T. had some of the guitar seminarys planed for México, but never happened. I guess something didn't work well ):
What I want is to see RR full-force, once they really start touring... that's gonna be mind-blowing I'm sure *-*
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Well in fact here in Brazil headbangers do not usually go in workshops or seminars, we prefer to go in SHOWS, I mean REAL SHOWS & the RR "show" was in fact a party in Blackmore Bar to promote their album, was something little, & neither has publicity about it!

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:If you are talking about Pasi then I must say he is doing all kinds of stuff since he is no more involved with any band but doing projects instead.
Actually only one, a cover band called Joe Doakes in which he's sung for a long time.

Possibly some guest singing, like a Journey cover on Warmen's great new album. Also features Timo Kotipelto on one album track.

According to Nino Laurenne, possible he will "guest sing" Thunderstone one day, too. ;)

Also, Tobi, Pasi and Michi were just one time supergroup to get vocals to the debut album. I'd hear Kiske and/or Rantanen singing some Tolkki music anytime though. :P
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

phoenix666

Post by phoenix666 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Polaris wrote:Well in fact here in Brazil headbangers do not usually go in workshops or seminars, we prefer to go in SHOWS, I mean REAL SHOWS & the RR "show" was in fact a party in Blackmore Bar to promote their album, was something little, & neither has publicity about it!
I was at the 2 nights, one at Blackmore and the other at Manifesto, in my birthday's night(December 8th)!!! Both nights were amazing, and TT showed himself as a kind, very nice guy! It doesn't matter if it hadn't publicity at the venues, fact is that i bought Age of Aquarius days before the night at Blackmore, it is a really kickass album! Gus Monsanto & TT together rock! :D