What is This World Coming To?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Post Reply
User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

What is This World Coming To?

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:04 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8514730.stm

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-uah-satur ... 1488.story


When Ph.d professors start going on shooting sprees I think its time to get very worried about the state of humanity. Yes, this is a rare occurance, and yes, she is probably mentally unstable. Still, such a tragedy as this makes you wonder. Too close for comfort.
School shootings with teachers doing the shooting.
She was insane, or VERY pissed, or both.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by Rebel » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 am

Fuckin' copycats
Image

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by gon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:16 pm

This is the beggining of the end, BEG.

I am sad because the future our sons will face is a shit, a madness which, in my opinion, has no solution yet. It would be neccesary a political, economical, and educational cataclysm to change the current path we are now, but, to be honest, I am not optimist about it. :roll:
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4551
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Epstein didn't kill himself

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:42 pm

I want to move to Niburu!


... and I just bought a ferret! :P

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by Polaris » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Nibiru would be a nice place to live :lol:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:15 am

Sometimes it seems Planet X might be a safer place to live these days! :lol:

Seriously, the story I posted about is the talk of the news in my area. But, such a tragedy always is. About a year ago it was the guy who killed his Ex, their daughter, his sister, and nephew who made headlines, now we have a Mad Professor. Its really a sad situation. Professor Bishop says she does not know why she did it. Me thinks she is going for an insanity defense. Me also thinks she will get the lethal injection. :buh:


@Rebel, I think you are on to something. She was suspected of mailing bombs to people!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaki ... uspec.html
:shock:

Jesus Christ! >facepalm<

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by gon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:31 am

Probably I am mad, but the end is not so far.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
sanichi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:52 pm
Location: germany

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by sanichi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 pm

gon wrote:Probably I am mad, but the end is not so far.
Do you mean, because of the way the humans treat each other or because of the way we treat our planet?! ???

Well, sometimes, reading things like these, I really believe that, essentially, the world is absolutely sick.
But the problem is just, this has always been the case throughout history, humans have always treated each other with the most stunning cruelty, which unfortunately seems to be an integral part of the most of us. It's depressing.[/quote]

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:10 pm

How is this any different from how the world's been for the last 4000+ years?
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
sanichi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:52 pm
Location: germany

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by sanichi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:42 pm

NeonVomit wrote:How is this any different from how the world's been for the last 4000+ years?
Yeah, this is what I was trying to say also, probably didn't express it clearly.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by Rebel » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Sometimes it seems Planet X might be a safer place to live these days! :lol:

Seriously, the story I posted about is the talk of the news in my area. But, such a tragedy always is. About a year ago it was the guy who killed his Ex, their daughter, his sister, and nephew who made headlines, now we have a Mad Professor. Its really a sad situation. Professor Bishop says she does not know why she did it. Me thinks she is going for an insanity defense. Me also thinks she will get the lethal injection. :buh:


@Rebel, I think you are on to something. She was suspected of mailing bombs to people!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaki ... uspec.html
:shock:

Jesus Christ! >facepalm<
I was more referring to the fact that Teddy was a professor at the University of Michigan.

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by Polaris » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Sometimes it seems Planet X might be a safer place to live these days! :lol:

Seriously, the story I posted about is the talk of the news in my area. But, such a tragedy always is. About a year ago it was the guy who killed his Ex, their daughter, his sister, and nephew who made headlines, now we have a Mad Professor. Its really a sad situation. Professor Bishop says she does not know why she did it. Me thinks she is going for an insanity defense. Me also thinks she will get the lethal injection. :buh:


@Rebel, I think you are on to something. She was suspected of mailing bombs to people!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaki ... uspec.html
:shock:

Jesus Christ! >facepalm<
Here too there have been terrible crimes, who knows what goes on in the heads of these people often seem demons in human bodies! :roll:

In any case I always felt different, I might even be from another planet!? Who knows? 8)

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by gon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 am

sanichi wrote:
gon wrote:Probably I am mad, but the end is not so far.
Do you mean, because of the way the humans treat each other or because of the way we treat our planet?! ???

Well, sometimes, reading things like these, I really believe that, essentially, the world is absolutely sick.
But the problem is just, this has always been the case throughout history, humans have always treated each other with the most stunning cruelty, which unfortunately seems to be an integral part of the most of us. It's depressing.
[/quote]

both things are part of the equation.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

gon
Sr. Member
Posts: 13069
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:46 pm
Location: Estepona-Málaga-ESPAÑA!!!

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by gon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 am

sanichi wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:How is this any different from how the world's been for the last 4000+ years?
Yeah, this is what I was trying to say also, probably didn't express it clearly.

The evil, the cruelty, the egoism have been always there, but in the past we were only a few hundreds million people, without massive nuclear weapons, the enviroment wasn´t so in danger because of the indiscriminate exploitation of the natural resources and no nation, country, or man had the chance to devastate the whole world.

the Industrial Revolution gave us the oppotunity to have a better life, to improve our life quality, but, instead of taking advantage of many inventions and discoveries, the mankind uses only for fucking the neighbour.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

User avatar
sanichi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:52 pm
Location: germany

Re: What is This World Coming To?

Post by sanichi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 pm

gon wrote:
sanichi wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:How is this any different from how the world's been for the last 4000+ years?
Yeah, this is what I was trying to say also, probably didn't express it clearly.

The evil, the cruelty, the egoism have been always there, but in the past we were only a few hundreds million people, without massive nuclear weapons, the enviroment wasn´t so in danger because of the indiscriminate exploitation of the natural resources and no nation, country, or man had the chance to devastate the whole world.

the Industrial Revolution gave us the oppotunity to have a better life, to improve our life quality, but, instead of taking advantage of many inventions and discoveries, the mankind uses only for fucking the neighbour.
Okay, it's basicly true what you say. Though I'd also sayyou're a bit too pesemistic. It is surely right that weapons have become a lot more destructive and lethal, but the source of the "evil", which is in this case human nature remains unchanged, has never been different.
And still, the world has not only changed for the worse in the last century(ies). Though there definitly are many new problems and miseries that have developed, like the hardship people suffer in so many countries, mostly due to the exploitation by the richer nations. That also troubles me a lot, and I often wish I could change it.
But next to all that, there have also been changes for the better. Just take the social security system of many countries nowadays; only 200 years ago, people in Germany (I take Germany now, because it's my own country and our social security system is therefore the only one I can judge) living in poverty had no support from society, today, everyone has the right to receive financial aid by the government.
But I also get your point, though.

Post Reply