Maiden Next Album "The Final Frontier"

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
GuiHunter
Maiden Next Album "The Final Frontier"

Post by GuiHunter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:26 am

Maiden Next Album "The Final Frontier"..... What are your expectations for this? Is this The End? I hope not........
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
- I talked with GOD and He said that I am the best in this band...
Kotipelto:
- I don't remember I said that...
( Fear No Beer !!! )

Rage1979

Re: Maiden Next Album "The Final Frontier"

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:18 am

GuiHunter wrote:Maiden Next Album "The Final Frontier"..... What are your expectations for this? Is this The End? I hope not........
I don't care actually. there has been al long time since they were good.. Last good album is... "Fear of the dark". I don't like Bruce voice either anymore so...

But I know that lots of people care ;)

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:32 am

Sorry for you Rage..... It's sad to know that there are people who didn't find the maiden precious music skills....Brave New World and AMOLAD kills... Bruce's voice? No comments for this...
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
- I talked with GOD and He said that I am the best in this band...
Kotipelto:
- I don't remember I said that...
( Fear No Beer !!! )

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:29 am

Hell yea!! Can't wait for this one. Although I could not get into AMOLAD right away, it has really grown on me. BNW is still my favorite one since Bruce came back, I think that album is just brilliant.

About Bruce's voice, to me he sounds as great as ever. I think anyone who saw them on the Somewhere Back In Time tour will agree :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:15 am

i think their latest albums have some of the most melodic material and meaningful lyrics they have done. get to see them in june

gon

Post by gon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:47 am

What do I expect from them? as always, 100% quality music. I grew with them since the 80´s, and, when they decide the time to quit, a part of my life will be over. they are the soundtrack of my whole life.
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Iron Maiden are possibly the most important band to me ever. I will buy this like I have bought everything else and I'm sure I will love it.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

gon

Post by gon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:02 am

NeonVomit wrote:Iron Maiden are possibly the most important band to me ever. I will buy this like I have bought everything else and I'm sure I will love it.

Me too. Most important band in life. Most important band definitely in metal.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:47 am

gon wrote: Most important band definitely in metal.
Agreed! One of the most influential, for sure. And they reach out to fans of all genres of metal too.

gon

Post by gon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:18 pm

what´s more, lot of people who are not involved in metal know who Iron Maiden is, admiring their influence in all related not only to music but also in any other aspects. When I was in Mérida (Spain) during the last tour, everybody knew what Iron Maiden meant, and I am talking of a city with a population of around 50.000 inhabitans. Even grannies having a walk on the ancient roman ruins stopped us and asked about the show of Maiden, not mentioning the rest of the bands!
What´s more, Mérida held every year a really important classic theatre festival in the roman theatre since 1954. Well, in 2008, on that friday, the town Hall decided to cancel the evening performance.... because Iron Maiden was on stage, 10 kms far! I can assure you, Mérida classic theatre festival is one of the most importants in the world, so it was a hard decission for the major.
Just a anecdote.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:48 pm

I only hope it'll be more interesting than the previous two.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:07 pm

I never had anything with Iron Maiden. The only song I sort of like is Wasted Years.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Shurik wrote:I only hope it'll be more interesting than the previous two.
This.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:18 pm

umm.... Dance of Death?
Not interesting?
:shock:
Not what I expected to hear.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Well not everything is interresting for everyone! :wink: As I said, I really don't like Iron Maiden at all. And I grew up with it becuase my dad always used to play it on the radio. But I just didn't like it. And still don't like it. Wasted Years is the only song I play now and then.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, if its not your style, its not your style, but, of the many things Dance of Death was, boring was not on the list.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Rebel wrote:
umm.... Dance of Death?
Not interesting?
:shock:
Not what I expected to hear.
I don't like long songs (6+ minutes) that are pointless and boring. ADOD has several of them and the last one too. I couldn't finish listening to both albums in one sitting ...

Same goes to Metallica's last effort.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Shurik wrote: I don't like long songs (6+ minutes)
...and you're a stratovarius fan?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:29 pm

there was a full sentence there, about shurik not liking songs that shurik thinks are boring. most people don't like songs they think are boring though so it really tells us nothing, apart from maybe that shurik can't comprehend or have a decent sense of humanity much since shurik also calls them pointless and the songs have rather important lyrical content.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:55 pm

icecab21 wrote:there was a full sentence there, about shurik not liking songs that shurik thinks are boring. most people don't like songs they think are boring though so it really tells us nothing, apart from maybe that shurik can't comprehend or have a decent sense of humanity much since shurik also calls them pointless and the songs have rather important lyrical content.
A song is a combination of words and music. If one of those doesn't work, the song usually doesn't work as a whole. Dumb lyrics+good music I can tolerate, Dumb lyrics+bad music or good lyrics with bad music - not so much. If you are good at writing lyrics but bad with music - release poetry books.

And don't worry about my sense of humanity, it's doing great.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Shurik wrote:
icecab21 wrote:there was a full sentence there, about shurik not liking songs that shurik thinks are boring. most people don't like songs they think are boring though so it really tells us nothing, apart from maybe that shurik can't comprehend or have a decent sense of humanity much since shurik also calls them pointless and the songs have rather important lyrical content.
A song is a combination of words and music. If one of those doesn't work, the song usually doesn't work as a whole. Dumb lyrics+good music I can tolerate, Dumb lyrics+bad music or good lyrics with bad music - not so much. If you are good at writing lyrics but bad with music - release poetry books.

So... 3 guitar solos=bad music??? Because that's how you accomplish a 6 minute song.

gon

Post by gon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Some songs are good enough being long tracks, some of them are bullshit. As always.Likes. No matter.This is a forum, it would be really boring having all of us the same opinions.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:16 pm

what makes the music bad for you

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:25 pm

gon wrote:what´s more, lot of people who are not involved in metal know who Iron Maiden is, admiring their influence in all related not only to music but also in any other aspects. When I was in Mérida (Spain) during the last tour, everybody knew what Iron Maiden meant, and I am talking of a city with a population of around 50.000 inhabitans. Even grannies having a walk on the ancient roman ruins stopped us and asked about the show of Maiden, not mentioning the rest of the bands!
What´s more, Mérida held every year a really important classic theatre festival in the roman theatre since 1954. Well, in 2008, on that friday, the town Hall decided to cancel the evening performance.... because Iron Maiden was on stage, 10 kms far! I can assure you, Mérida classic theatre festival is one of the most importants in the world, so it was a hard decission for the major.
Just a anecdote.
Yep, people may or may not like them but they can't deny Maiden have not only influenced many bands but also have a big impact on a lot of people's lives.

As far as Dance of Death goes, it's not my favorite Maiden album, but it does have some great songs. I guess after BNW, I was expecting more. Long, boring songs? Well to each their own, not everybody has to like the same things.... To me the most important thing is if I like it.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:07 am

Shurik wrote:

This. I'm drunk lol :)

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 am

icecab21 wrote:what makes the music bad for you
Jeesus Kristus... some songs strike a chord in you, some do not. I kreem'd mah pantz when I first listened to Brave New World, the following records did not do the trick. I can't rationalize it.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:35 am

if people are calling others music bad for something they cannot describe either subjectively or objectively, whats the point of even posting?

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 am

icecab21 wrote:if people are calling others music bad for something they cannot describe either subjectively or objectively, whats the point of even posting?
"It's boring and puts me to sleep" isn't enough for you? I love and enjoy all Rush's long songs for example, and they do have lots of them and 2112 is 20+ minutes long. They just know how to make them interesting enough.
I am not a musician, so I can't describe in technical terms what's wrong with Maidens's last 2 albums or Metallica's last one. The only thing I can tell is my feelings while listening to them.

gon

Post by gon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 pm

I agree with Shurik. i am not a musician. I can only say I LIKE IT, or I DON´T LIKE IT.
BTW, I like the new album of Metallica, with their long songs. No problem if the track catch you. So, the same for Maiden and any other band.

Florian

Post by Florian » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't like Dance Of Death at all.