Dragonforce Splits with singer ZP Threat

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Ragehead91
Dragonforce Splits with singer ZP Threat

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:22 pm

British extreme epic power metallers DRAGONFORCE have now officially confirmed the departure of lead singer ZP Theart.

"It is with great regret that DRAGONFORCE announce a parting of the ways with singer ZP Theart," the group writes in a statement. "This is due to insurmountable differences of musical opinion but the rest of the band sincerely wishes ZP great success with his future projects.

"While the creative core members have begun writing the fifth album, they have also started a worldwide search for a new vocalist."

"We are looking for a powerful, melodic singer to write a new chapter of DRAGONFORCE with us," added guitarist Herman Li.
Wow. This came totally out of the blue.

ggonza43

Re: Dragonforce Splits with singer ZP Threat

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 pm

OMFG! Although not a big fan of DF after they've released the same album over and over and over, and now over again...Wait! Those 4 albums were different? I didn't notice, they all sounded the same to me :lol:!
Seriously, I admire their guitar skills, but this was kind of "predictible". Kind of sad though :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:28 pm

I wonder who the replacement will be.

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Now all they need to do is break up permanently and the power metal scene will be much better off.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Get a growling guy and make it a Melodeath Band like the first Band Li was in.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
British extreme epic power metallers DRAGONFORCE have now officially confirmed the departure of lead singer ZP Theart.

"It is with great regret that DRAGONFORCE announce a parting of the ways with singer ZP Theart," the group writes in a statement. "This is due to insurmountable differences of musical opinion but the rest of the band sincerely wishes ZP great success with his future projects.

"While the creative core members have begun writing the fifth album, they have also started a worldwide search for a new vocalist."

"We are looking for a powerful, melodic singer to write a new chapter of DRAGONFORCE with us," added guitarist Herman Li.
Wtf? thought he was a pretty good singer but kind of a prick at shows. Every time I'd seen them he had to make some shit talking remark towards the crowd. I wonder what kind of input ZP had that they didn't agree with :? I know someone will step up and fill his shoes though

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Burning Reflection wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

Wtf? thought he was a pretty good singer but kind of a prick at shows. Every time I'd seen them he had to make some shit talking remark towards the crowd. I wonder what kind of input ZP had that they didn't agree with :? I know someone will step up and fill his shoes though
I read in an interview by them in 2008 in which ZP basicly says that he is just another intrument to Li and co. and that he has little to no creative freedom in the studio. So I guess that this might be the reason.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Both good and bad news for me. DragonForce have always been very repetitious. In this has lied both the best and worst aspects of that band. I can't even enjoy a whole DF album, but listening to separate song or two sometimes, they sound very great! No matter which song I played from them, they seemed to deliver. Now, they will change, so there might not be that same secure feeling of always getting the same material. Then again, finally we get something from DragonForce that isn't completely the same.

I hope they'll come up with a singer clearly different from the previous one. The last thing they should do is get a Theart clone. :(
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:11 pm

ggonza43 wrote:OMFG! Although not a big fan of DF after they've released the same album over and over and over, and now over again...Wait! Those 4 albums were different? I didn't notice, they all sounded the same to me :lol:!
Seriously, I admire their guitar skills, but this was kind of "predictible". Kind of sad though :?
Well if you actually listen to the albums as a whole the albums are different but songs inside one album are quite not that different.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:19 pm

That was what I was saying. First I discovered DF when "Valley Of The Damned" came out; and at that time it was something I had never listened in the Power Metal. Then "Sonic Firestorm" came and I still liked them, although they began to be very repetitive. And then "Inhuman Rampage" was released and, on the contrary to what everybody thinks, I hated that album! I think DF became commercial too early, and that was what destroyed the band, along when "Through The Fire And Flames" became so lame when it was included in "Guitar Hero 3" :?

Besides, let's say they weren't the best live. The first and only time I've seen them, they were so drunk Li couldn't hit a single note and ZP sang like shit
|StratoFan Forever|

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Maybe he got tired of the repetitiveness. I certainly have.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Everybody has, at least in this forum :D
|StratoFan Forever|

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 am

He'll not be missed. Shitty on-stage attitude and sounds like a generic metal singer.

Now I'm only concerned that I do believe they might get a growling singer. After Thunderstone did that, nothing will surprise me anymore. That would be the death of DragonForce for me.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:49 am

fernandotcl wrote:He'll not be missed. Shitty on-stage attitude and sounds like a generic metal singer.

Now I'm only concerned that I do believe they might get a growling singer. After Thunderstone did that, nothing will surprise me anymore. That would be the death of DragonForce for me.
Are we talking about the same Thunderstone? The Thunderstone I know changed their music and made it some groove/power metal hybrid and got Rick Altzi who is everything but a grwoler. Yes, Dirt Metal is different compared to their early material but it isn't Death Metal nor does it have a growling singer.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 am

every singer has a different tone to their voice as well as many other quirks to their singing, so i don't understand this "generic" singer thing.

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:54 am

icecab21 wrote:every singer has a different tone to their voice as well as many other quirks to their singing, so i don't understand this "generic" singer thing.
Lack of personality can be a quirk to someone's singing just as it can be to a bad architect's quirk to bad architecture., but I don't mind ZP. He is not a bad singer.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
fernandotcl wrote:He'll not be missed. Shitty on-stage attitude and sounds like a generic metal singer.

Are we talking about the same Thunderstone? The Thunderstone I know changed their music and made it some groove/power metal hybrid and got Rick Altzi who is everything but a grwoler. Yes, Dirt Metal is different compared to their early material but it isn't Death Metal nor does it have a growling singer.
I don't really know how to categorize any other kind of metal than power metal. To me all but clean vocals sound like crap. But yea, we're talking about the same Thunderstone.

_Pepe_

Post by _Pepe_ » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:03 pm

good news! :D

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 pm

fernandotcl wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

I don't really know how to categorize any other kind of metal than power metal. To me all but clean vocals sound like crap. But yea, we're talking about the same Thunderstone.
Rock Altzi is a clean vocalist.

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:37 pm

This is surprise for me. Hope they found good (clean) vocalist.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

They should hire Hiro. He's a clean vocalist in every sense, except he does not bathe. :lol: :lol:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:07 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:They should hire Hiro. He's a clean vocalist in every sense, except he does not bathe. :lol: :lol:
You just made my day :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:18 am

they should become the Power Metal Ayreon.
No live shows and all guest vocalists.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Rebel wrote:they should become the Power Metal Ayreon.
Wow, we think the same :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Rebel wrote:they should become the Power Metal Ayreon.
Wow, we think the same :)
I think this would actually work out.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:36 am

Why would a band that makes a living touring want to stop touring?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Maybe because they suck at touring? Note I don't wanna start a fight again icecab21, but I think this band can't stand a live show (at least not the whole show)
|StratoFan Forever|

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:07 pm

If a band has fans that come to the show and enjoy the show, and the band enjoys putting on the show, why on earth would they want to stop that because of some people that don't pay to go to their shows or don't enjoy their shows?

Ive seen them twice and both times they looked like they enjoyed what they were doing and played well.

Post by Avatar Thief » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:12 pm

icecab21 wrote:If a band has fans that come to the show and enjoy the show, and the band enjoys putting on the show, why on earth would they want to stop that because of some people that don't pay to go to their shows or don't enjoy their shows?
Rhetorical questions always turn me on. Unfortunately, this. is. just. bad. :lol: :lol:
REMEMBER MOI?!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:54 am

:( This is BAD, really, very, very BAD...