Dragonforce Splits with singer ZP Threat

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
ggonza43
Re: Dragonforce Splits with singer ZP Threat

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:33 pm

This is too bad, really really bad, extremely bad...BAD!
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 pm

icecab21 wrote:If a band has fans that come to the show and enjoy the show, and the band enjoys putting on the show, why on earth would they want to stop that because of some people that don't pay to go to their shows or don't enjoy their shows?
dignity

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 am

these guys get invited to give clinics, play at major festivals and tours, and play all over the world. what have you been invited to do?

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:38 am

ggonza43 wrote:Maybe because they suck at touring? Note I don't wanna start a fight again icecab21, but I think this band can't stand a live show (at least not the whole show)
obviously you have never been in one of their shows :)

I have, so I know this is not true

TimoToikki

Post by TimoToikki » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:20 am

Someone stole ZP Theart from Dragonforce. This is very, very bad...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:11 pm

emperor_black wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:Maybe because they suck at touring? Note I don't wanna start a fight again icecab21, but I think this band can't stand a live show (at least not the whole show)
obviously you have never been in one of their shows :)

I have, so I know this is not true
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I actually have been on one of their shows (2 to be exact). And in both shows, Herman and Sam couldn't hit a signle note due to be drunk, and ZP sucked at singing.
Of course, this is what I think. Maybe you had some pleasant shows; I hadn't :?
|StratoFan Forever|

TimoToikki

Post by TimoToikki » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:33 pm

ggonza43 wrote: And in both shows, Herman and Sam couldn't hit a signle note due to be drunk.
That is truly disgusting. They are pissing on their own art. I am taking lithium for my bipolar disorder and have not had a drop of alcohol in 8 years. This is very, very bad...

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:24 am

icecab21 wrote:these guys get invited to give clinics, play at major festivals and tours, and play all over the world. what have you been invited to do?
I've been invited to a lot of things. But them being invited to major music festivals doesn't make them any better, now does it?

God, your arguments are so fucking stupid. It's like talking to an autistic downs kid.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:59 am

Has anyone compared your skills in a fair way as better than them?

Invited to what? Give one example, in the context of comparing commercial demand to dragonforce, give a example of something that you have been invited to that thousands have paid to see you perform.

My argument was about commercial demand.

You respond to arguments that I did not even make.

The skill argument was all the times that I have seen them perform their material cleanly and the clinics that they have been invited to.

The tour argument is that they are a band that is in demand for their live performances in a business sense and are creating jobs for people.

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:53 pm

I've seen them live once. And guess what, they weren't too drunk and Zippy sang very well! And they played pretty good too :) I think that was the tour when their manager told them not to drink before the shows.
I've seen MANY live vids where they perform VERY poorly, so I must say that rather good performances from them are also possible :D

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Herman has explained this live bashing a lot in many different interviews.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:29 pm

I think this is just great.
Now is the time to get a real singer. What I hated the most about DragonForce was that wannabe power metal voice. And was funny to see people trying to compare ZP with singers like Kotipleto, Kakko, Kiske, Sammet or Kürsch.

I've never liked DragonForce (though I conssider "Discyples of Babylon" to be a very good song), but maybe fresh blood will make the band take a slightly different path, and I hope so. About the band as a whole... I think Herman, Fréderic and Dave can play. Not the same for Vadim and Sam, who I conssider to be riddiculous on stage, but well.
Let's just wait. I think good things could come out of this.

Nobody should miss ZP.
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:38 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:Nobody should miss ZP.
I'm sure, that everybody doesn't think like you. I like ZP.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Vain has my favorite stage performance of a keyboard player. He is so energetic there and is not just standing there on some static position like so many others. I know a some hate it, but I like the David lee Roth on keyboard style. The use of Theremin is also what I really like about vadim and dragonforce and I have not seen any other power metal band make use of that equipment.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Keyssion wrote:I've seen them live once. And guess what, they weren't too drunk and Zippy sang very well! And they played pretty good too :) I think that was the tour when their manager told them not to drink before the shows.
I've seen MANY live vids where they perform VERY poorly, so I must say that rather good performances from them are also possible :D
I've had bad experiences, that's why I've seen them when they were drunk. But still, I don't think I should be missing something really impressive. I mean, I liked them in studio until "Sonic Firestorm", then it just became too repetitive :?
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:25 am

Star Ocean:first off I must let you know that I personally take offense to your statement about Autistic downs kids, I'm autistic and do not consider myself any less of a person then you.

As far as the subject of dragonforce goes I have always enjoyed their music, yes most of their music sounds similar however in this case I think of them like AC/DC, if you've got a hit sound why fuck with it?

However in this case now that they will have a new lead singer their next album is bound to sound at least a little different, I'm looking forward to the next release.

A10:I'd gladly be their next lead singer only I'd most likely clash with Herman and Sam about musical direction and lyrics.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:06 am

I'd gladly be their next lead singer only I'd most likely clash with Herman and Sam about musical direction and lyrics.
Ok, so the cons would be wanting to play different music, what would the pros be?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 pm

hiro23 wrote:As far as the subject of dragonforce goes I have always enjoyed their music, yes most of their music sounds similar however in this case I think of them like AC/DC, if you've got a hit sound why fuck with it?
The difference lies in that Hard Rock is more commercial and "liked" by many :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:43 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
hiro23 wrote:As far as the subject of dragonforce goes I have always enjoyed their music, yes most of their music sounds similar however in this case I think of them like AC/DC, if you've got a hit sound why fuck with it?
The difference lies in that Hard Rock is more commercial and "liked" by many :?
There is no difference. Both DragonForce and AC/DC found their "hit sound" and just went with it. And I don't see anything wrong with that. If it isn't broken, why fix it?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Let me explain it simply: Many power metal fans also like AC/DC, but not every hard rock fans like DragonForce

Besides, we can't compare AC/DC with DragonForce, please!
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:19 pm

ggonza43:I can because I like both bands and like the sound that they have, I understand and accept the fact that you don't like them but the fact is I love their sound and will most likely keep listening to them.

Icecab:The pro's would be that I was singing for a hit band and filling huge stadiums, that is a big goal of mine.

Ragehead:exactly, there are those that don't like it but if you have a "hit sound" why not go with it. I'd love to be at the status where people either loved me or hated me, either way people would know who I was.
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:19 am

ggonza43 wrote:Let me explain it simply: Many power metal fans also like AC/DC, but not every hard rock fans like DragonForce

Besides, we can't compare AC/DC with DragonForce, please!
I wasn't comparing them musically. I was comparing how they both stick to their "hit-sound" that they don't change that often and go with it. Of course their music is much different.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:58 am

It's possible to find a signature sound, stick to it and yet not have all the songs sound the same. Savatage, Rage, Strato, Maiden... lots of bands do that.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:17 am

That works for them, however in the case of bands like Dragonforce and AC/DC they write the same song over and over again and it works for them.

I mean it's made both bands into huge stadium selling acts. I'd love to get that kind of recognition, and if people think I'm a sellout because of it well then let them go on thinking it.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am

still cant figure out why some think the songs sound the same, the notes aren't.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:04 pm

hiro23 wrote:ggonza43:I can because I like both bands and like the sound that they have, I understand and accept the fact that you don't like them but the fact is I love their sound and will most likely keep listening to them.
I like their older albums, the first 2; and almost all of AC/DC CDs. I was just saying musically speaking: They are too different in my opinion
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:14 pm

icecab21 wrote:still cant figure out why some think the songs sound the same, the notes aren't.
Every time I defecate, there is a different combination of food and digestion that makes up the individual turd. The muscles in my asshole shape the turd on its exit in a different and unique way each time. But every time I take a shit, it looks the same, smells the same, and, if you asked miditek, probably tastes the same.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 am

If you consider something made out of different materials and a different shape to be the same materials and the same shape, that is completely illogical.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:24 am

icecab21 wrote:If you consider something made out of different materials and a different shape to be the same materials and the same shape, that is completely illogical.

But in the end, it's all shit.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:09 am

In the end it just is like the old saying "one man's trash is another mans treasure" I can accept the fact that there are people who absolutely hate Dragonforce, all I would ask in return is they accept the fact that they are a band I really like.
metal feeds the beast