Timo Tolkki

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: Timo Tolkki

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:46 pm

AGAG wrote:
gnurt_gp wrote:so that is it. This is spirit of the new Stratovarius,huh?
Hey here's something funny I found while wandering through my soup:

:P
Cool pic! AGAG, can I steal it? :evil: LOL, I did anyway! =P

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:30 pm

DreamT wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
gnurt_gp wrote:this is it, this is the thing happen the most in this forum now.weird people talking shit.from months to months. boring. DreamT, well said. I cannot agree with you more.
THIS IS FUCKING SPAM MY FRIEND!! TO TALK SERIOUSLY WE HAVE OTHER SUB-FORUMS!!
To the left on your keyboard there is a button called 'Caps-lock'. Have your parents allowed you to swear?
Was I supposed to be laughing while I was reading your stupid comment? Oh sorry, ja ja :?
|StratoFan Forever|

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Jake wrote:
DreamT wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
gnurt_gp wrote:this is it, this is the thing happen the most in this forum now.weird people talking shit.from months to months. boring. DreamT, well said. I cannot agree with you more.
To the left on your keyboard there is a button called 'Caps-lock'. Have your parents allowed you to swear?
Hey Jake, that's all you had? My point was clearly flying high above your head:-)
------------------------------------
A's bullshit spamfilter status: ON

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Rebel wrote:
DreamT wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:@DreamT, have you ever thought seriously about going into the ministry?
People are allowed to do what the hell they want. My concern is that the "Let's make fun of Timo Tolkki"-threads keeps popping up, despite the fact that only a small number of people are enjoying them. The big mass (= i.e. the ones who reads them) get turned off. I don't have statistics to prove it, but I'm quite sure about it.

Isn't there better things to talk about? I mean, we have this great band, and a lot of other good music out there. Why keep talking about someone whose stupid actions really belong to the past?

But of course, say or do whatever you want, in true freedom of speech fashion. I just want you to think about it.
I am LOVING these threads, and nobody else on stratoforum matters. so SHOVE IT.

"OOOhhhh"?

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
DreamT wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Was I supposed to be laughing while I was reading your stupid comment? Oh sorry, ja ja :?
Were you?

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Rebel wrote:
DreamT wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:@DreamT, have you ever thought seriously about going into the ministry?
People are allowed to do what the hell they want. My concern is that the "Let's make fun of Timo Tolkki"-threads keeps popping up, despite the fact that only a small number of people are enjoying them. The big mass (= i.e. the ones who reads them) get turned off. I don't have statistics to prove it, but I'm quite sure about it.

Isn't there better things to talk about? I mean, we have this great band, and a lot of other good music out there. Why keep talking about someone whose stupid actions really belong to the past?

But of course, say or do whatever you want, in true freedom of speech fashion. I just want you to think about it.
I am LOVING these threads, and nobody else on stratoforum matters. so SHOVE IT.
I have no intent to shove it. Just like you I'm allowed to express my opinion.

sheryl1

Post by sheryl1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Galanor wrote:

Just curious though, why is playing with local bands "LOL"in your opinion? :)
I am one of the musicians playing with him in the netherlands (keyboards) and though it is fun, it is also hard work. :wink:
Hey, I know the setlist, it looks pretty good :) I don´t know how the selection of musicians went in The Netherlands, but here the promoter is deciding about the band and musicians to play with Timo...For me, a bit strange :)
But anyway, in his Slovak masterclass the singer is gonna be Andre Matos and the rest...well, who knows yet:)

BTW, I checked this topic, and I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT´S GOING ON :?:

sheryl2

Post by sheryl2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:34 pm

sheryl1 wrote: BTW, I checked this topic, and I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT´S GOING ON :?:
DreamT has been teaching an online course on forum etiquette. :lol:

And as for you: I still want my forum ID back :x :x

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 pm

sheryl2 wrote:
sheryl1 wrote: BTW, I checked this topic, and I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT´S GOING ON :?:
DreamT has been teaching an online course on forum etiquette. :lol:

And as for you: I still want my forum ID back :x :x
Hmm...you weren't even trying to get my point.

I won't waste another breath here. You'll mayve get what I mean soon enough. Sorry if I offended anyone. Have a nice life.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 pm

:fail:

If we didn't have this emblem, I don't know what we could use to describe this forum. 8)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 pm

I just sold a chicken, a lizard, a goat, an ostrich, and a hog! :)

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:30 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I just sold a chicken, a lizard, a goat, an ostrich, and a hog! :)
You didn't get rid of the ferret, yah? That thing likes to play with Venezuela_Boy. Don't let him down... :(

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:26 am

too bad you're leaving DreamT, i like you...

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I just sold a chicken, a lizard, a goat, an ostrich, and a hog! :)
Didn't they satisfy you? :lol:

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 pm

doc_holliday wrote:too bad you're leaving DreamT, i like you...
Well, we'll see if i leave :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 pm

DreamT wrote:
DreamT, I think he's a vegetarian. ???
Face it, DT, you like it here. It fuels your warring instincts! :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
DreamT wrote:
That's right, coach! :)

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:42 am

Hmmm I wonder how I missed this topic? LOL

To start off as far as the thing with Tolkki goes I won't believe it until I actually hear it from the source, second hand information is just what it is, second hand.

As far as his behaviors go they have frustrated me in the past but I've let that go these days and hope that he one day finds the peace he's looking for and starts writing from the heart once again.

DreamT:this is not meant as a lecture but as a bit of healthy advice from someone who wants to be friends, first off don't take so much offense to what everyone says here or your sure to get pretty pissed off all the time, secondly I do agree that it's nice to have a little bit of respect when talking about others however you also have to understand that not everyone is going to follow that guideline as people are very passionate about what they believe in and will defend it to the death even if it means they have to hurt others feelings in the process.
In essence the best you can do is state your opinion and hope that others agree, if they don't you just have to accept the fact that they have a differing view and that they will not stop just because you ask them too, I mean it doesn't hurt to ask however don't be disappointed if they don't do it.
Once again I'm not lecturing you, just stating facts as I see them.
metal feeds the beast

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
DreamT wrote:
No, you know what I mean:-)

Well, that would've been the easy answer :-) The real answer is that I like to come here once in a while to see what happens in the Stratovarius world, and it pisses me off that at least one "Timo sucks"-thread shows up everytime, even if I haven't been here for a couple of months.

And yes, people can discuss anything they want. But over and over again?

browneyedgirl, you have been here for a long time (I really liked your posts during my most frequent visits, around the time for the Infinite 'era'), aren't you tired of all the negativity?

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:15 am

hiro23 wrote:Hmmm I wonder how I missed this topic? LOL

To start off as far as the thing with Tolkki goes I won't believe it until I actually hear it from the source, second hand information is just what it is, second hand.

As far as his behaviors go they have frustrated me in the past but I've let that go these days and hope that he one day finds the peace he's looking for and starts writing from the heart once again.

DreamT:this is not meant as a lecture but as a bit of healthy advice from someone who wants to be friends, first off don't take so much offense to what everyone says here or your sure to get pretty pissed off all the time, secondly I do agree that it's nice to have a little bit of respect when talking about others however you also have to understand that not everyone is going to follow that guideline as people are very passionate about what they believe in and will defend it to the death even if it means they have to hurt others feelings in the process.
In essence the best you can do is state your opinion and hope that others agree, if they don't you just have to accept the fact that they have a differing view and that they will not stop just because you ask them too, I mean it doesn't hurt to ask however don't be disappointed if they don't do it.
Once again I'm not lecturing you, just stating facts as I see them.
I understand what you're saying. The passion for something, regarding if it's 'good' or 'bad' (everything is relative, of course), should be the source of inspiration for writing in a forum at all.

IMHO, my mistake in this was that I came out as a 'wannabe-police' to tell everyone what they should or do. Clumsy of me. That wasn't really my 'mission', I just got sick and tired of the never-ending-timo-tolkki-sucks-threads, so I reacted.

I'm passionate about my beliefs too, and will defend them for as long as possible. As you maybe can see in my previous messages. But I'll take your advice and try to meet people in a "half-ways" rather than yelling at them...

It's really hard though, since some people write really stupid comments:-) And I'm not the kind of guy that sits quiet when something bothers me..

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:14 pm

DreamT wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
DreamT wrote:
No, you know what I mean:-)

Well, that would've been the easy answer :-) The real answer is that I like to come here once in a while to see what happens in the Stratovarius world, and it pisses me off that at least one "Timo sucks"-thread shows up everytime, even if I haven't been here for a couple of months.

And yes, people can discuss anything they want. But over and over again?

browneyedgirl, you have been here for a long time (I really liked your posts during my most frequent visits, around the time for the Infinite 'era'), aren't you tired of all the negativity?
Yes, the truth, yes. But, you have to realize this is only an internet band forum. A tiny, tiny drop in the ocean in the bigger realm of real life. ;) Yeah, some posts(including mine LOL)can be annoying or maddening, according to a persons opinion, I guess but, in the thousands of forums on the internet, its about normal. Also, there are alot of forums out there where shit is slung unmercifully, so this forum is VERY tame in spite of the namecalling that goes on from time-to-time. ;)
I know. That advice can be hard to follow, but I was at one time like you. I'd get pissed off at stuff people posted on forums, but then I realized a person just cannot get personally, deep-down affected by shit people post even if its against you personally. Its not good for the blood pressure. A snappy, funny comeback, I think is acceptable but, unless a riot is created from the post the best thing is to ignore it and move on.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:38 pm

DreamT wrote:
The only one that supports you DreamT, be grateful you at least have a friend here :?
|StratoFan Forever|

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:43 pm

I realize that, it's not like it's my primary focus in life:)

I use a lot of other forums as well , and I also have a life irl (believe it or not ) :)

I snapped on this one because it bothered me a bit, but it's not like i'm walking around at home being mad about it :) My thoughts around it stops as soon as i log out, trust me...

But at the same time, when I do things I do them wholeheartedly, and maybe sometimes a bit impulsive...But my blood pressure is ok, but thank you for you concern:)

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:45 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
DreamT wrote:
The only one that supports you DreamT, be grateful you at least have a friend here :?
You're wrong about that, sorry :)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Fine, don't be grateful. :roll: :roll: :roll:

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Fine, don't be grateful. :roll: :roll: :roll:
What do you mean? Btw, are you from Sweden?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:32 pm

DreamT wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
DreamT wrote:
You're wrong about that, sorry :)
Name at least 5 :?
|StratoFan Forever|

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:46 pm

DreamT wrote:
What do you mean? Btw, are you from Sweden?

:lol:
you don't know? The A-family is from USA. At least, 99% of the members are. I think a couple are from Finland, though. Unless some new ones have hatched. :lol:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:49 pm

The A-Family is spreading?!...AGAIN?!
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:02 pm

DreamT wrote:
What do you mean?
It was an attempt at humor. I tried to type up a brief explanation but looking back, it didn't really make much sense. :lol: :lol: