A motorbike for a girl

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Morgana
A motorbike for a girl

Post by Morgana » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm going to buy a motorbike but the only trouble is: my height is 1,5 metres and my weight is 40kg. I wonder if I'm able to move it? :D My friend counseled me some "light" motorbikes - Yamaha YBR125, Yamaha TW 200, Yamaha Serow 225, Suzuki Djebel 200... Didn't you try it? Maybe you can counsel me something else? Or maybe I should buy a motor scooter and forget about my old dream? :roll:

Lurdi

Re: A motorbike for a girl

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:57 pm

You don't know how much I understand you...

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Lurdi wrote:You don't know how much I understand you...
Oh I was so afraid that everybody will laugh at me and say: "Hey are you crazy? Why do you need it? Walk by foot or call taxi..." :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Morgana wrote:
Oh I was so afraid that everybody will laugh at me and say: "Hey are you crazy? Why do you need it? Walk by foot or call taxi..." :lol:
:lol: :lol: jajajaja Morgana you are crazy! Why do you need it?! Walk by foot or call a taxi...! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:08 pm

If some day I buy a motorbike it will be a scooter or a Vespa. I love Vespas!

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:09 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Morgana wrote:
:lol: :lol: jajajaja Morgana you are crazy! Why do you need it?! Walk by foot or call a taxi...! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ah better tell me: don't you know some other light models of motorbikes? Or maybe you know some girls who have motorbikes - what models do they ride? :)

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Lurdi, Vespa is a good thing, it's lighter and cheaper than motorbike... But it's not a motorbike :(

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Morgana wrote:Lurdi, Vespa is a good thing, it's lighter and cheaper than motorbike... But it's not a motorbike :(
Yeah you're right. But are beautiful!
If the one you want to buy is that big you won't be able to handle it...So just buy it for your husband and take rides with him :?

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Lurdi wrote:
Morgana wrote:Lurdi, Vespa is a good thing, it's lighter and cheaper than motorbike... But it's not a motorbike :(
Yeah you're right. But are beautiful!
If the one you want to buy is that big you won't be able to handle it...So just buy it for your husband and take rides with him :?
My husband is not a motorbiker :) And he was the first who said: "Are you crazy???" He has his Nissan Note and satisfied with it... :roll: :)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 pm

According to the Insurance Information Institute Motorcycle crash statistics, "Motorcyclists were 34 times as likely as passenger car occupants to die in a crash in 2004, per vehicle mile traveled."
Don't your babies need their mama, Morgana? :buh: :shake:

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:09 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
According to the Insurance Information Institute Motorcycle crash statistics, "Motorcyclists were 34 times as likely as passenger car occupants to die in a crash in 2004, per vehicle mile traveled."
Don't your babies need their mama, Morgana? :buh: :shake:
I'll be careful :) I promise :)

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm

There's Honda Shadow for example, which comes with several different motor sizes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Shadow
You should also explore other cruiser-type bikes. Their always quite easy to handle because of low center of mass and low seat lewel, but still with good amount of torque.
Regards, owner of Honda CBR 600 F :wink:

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Tero-75 wrote:There's Honda Shadow for example
Hm... It's nice but heavy - more than 150 or 200kg... Too much for me :( For example Yamaha YBR125's weight is about120kg...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:02 pm

@Morgana, you have more guts than I do! I have a phobia about scooters, motorbikes, and motorcycles. They ARE dangerous. But, so can just walking. Everything in life has its risks. My son had a motorbike awhile and I don't think I slept well until he sold the damn thing. :( My cousin was killed while riding a motorcycle a few years ago, but I think you are talking about a smaller, lighter version?
Just be careful, Morgana, and think on it long and hard. These bikes are great on gas, but lots more dangerous than a car. Many people walk away from a car accident, but not many folks remain unscathed from a wreck on a motorcycle/bike/scooter.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 pm

It's up to you. It doesn't matter what everybody say, you just need to be comfrotable with it. If you think you can't handle a huge motorbike, then buy a small one :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:04 pm

ggonza43 wrote:It's up to you. It doesn't matter what everybody say, you just need to be comfrotable with it. If you think you can't handle a huge motorbike, then buy a small one :)
But I write here just about it - I ask you all to tell me about small motorbikes :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Let's say I'm not the right one to talk about motorbikes. Did you try going to some brand and ask about them?
|StratoFan Forever|

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:40 am

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Nice funny picture. But it's the topic about motorbikes :)

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Mm depending on the type of the bike you should check out Kawasaki Ninja 250R :) It's pretty light. Or Kawasaki ER-6. Best way is to head out to the shops and try out which fits you the best :) I wouldn't go for a 1000cc bike if I were you :D

Just a Vampire

Post by Just a Vampire » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:44 am

Well, Morgana, I can only tell you that I feel the same thing. I also want a bike, height and weight almost the same, almost everybody around me told me "are you crazy?", but still, I want a bike. I have no idea of brands, but maybe if you look for a motorbike lesser than 200cc, you could find the one you're looking for.
"now he knows his father betrays
now his wings turns to ashes to ashes his grave"

Iron Maiden: Fligth of Icarus

The Enigma

Post by The Enigma » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 am

Morgana, you obviously are quite tiny, but you can do it. I bought a motorbike when I was 16, (a loooong time ago :p ) so maybe I can give you some advise. I'm a male, but at the time I wasn't fully grown up physically yet, my weight was under 50 kg and my height was only 155 cm and it took me another 2 yrs to grow to my final towering 170 cm :p

Since you have no experience from riding any motorbike, you must take it easy and choose a very basic, relatively light and less powerful 125 cc model to begin with. I chose a lightweight Yamaha 125cc street bike to start with back then and never regretted for not going straight to a bigger one.

Anyhting like this Honda CBF125 with an 8,3 kW engine will be the right choice for you. Don't even think about anything bigger, you'll go for them gradually in the years to come. Believe me, this method will pay off and better yet, keep you safe.

First learn how to handle and command it on a closed area. Practice basic manouvers like riding at the slowest possible speed zigzagging back and forth in a track of five cans set in a line, 2 meters apart. Also practice braking at a marked line from 40 km/h to full stop until you are comfortable with the bike and will know how it behaves on dry asphalt, on gravel and on wet/muddy slippery surfaces. Only then you can move to public roads and start learning survival skills in the traffic.

And remember always the bikers' golden rule: Back off!
- Prepare for the worst while riding among cars and other big vehicles.
- Those driving them will definitely ignore your rights at every possible situation and there is nothing you can do but live with it and let them go first.
- Turn on your headlights day and night so you'll be seen by others from longer distance.

Happy riding. :)

The 1st rock thrown again
Welcome to hell, little Saint
Mother Gaia in slaughter
Welcome to paradise, Soldier

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Keyssion wrote:Mm depending on the type of the bike you should check out Kawasaki Ninja 250R :) It's pretty light.
154kg... Hmmm, maybe. But anyways a bit heavy for me.
Keyssion wrote:Or Kawasaki ER-6.
204kg :omg: :poke: noooo :)
The Enigma wrote:Honda CBF125
well, pretty nice! Just 129kg. It looks more interesting than Yamaha YBR125. :) Thanks for the variant! :)