SonatAArcticA Fans Report in!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Rebel
Re: SonatAArcticA Fans Report in!

Post by Rebel » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:49 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:Also 8th Commandment is out after YEARS in the setlist.
So is Black Sheep.
I like that but, so should FullMoon I think. Then replace it with something from WG or Silence.

Come to think about it, and after reading some of you, I'm not angry about them playing new stuff, but to be playing the same old ones.
I've been debating whether or not to see them for a few months, tickets are cheap and the drive would be easy.
Looking at your setlist though, the only songs that interest me are Paid in Full, As If the World Wasn't Ending, Fullmoon, The Cage, and the first two songs of the encore. I doubt I'll end up seeing them.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:31 pm

So is Black Sheep.
Man, haven't heard those songs in a live show for ages!
|StratoFan Forever|

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:52 am

ggonza43 wrote:
So is Black Sheep.
Man, haven't heard those songs in a live show for ages!
Should check what they were playing just befoere they started their US & Canada tour a few days ago.
Both were there.
8th Commandment stood in the setlist for about 8 or 9 years.

:D This one has just appeared:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FcxFLv-DPg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FcxFLv-DPg&hl ... 2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

So powerfull
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:21 am

http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/20 ... _in_philly

There is a gig review for you.[/code]

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:49 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:Should check what they were playing just befoere they started their US & Canada tour a few days ago.
Both were there.
8th Commandment stood in the setlist for about 8 or 9 years.
Haven't been at a SA gig in a while, that's why I didn't know :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:06 pm

I hate their old stuff. I didn't become a fan until Unia and Days of Grays.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Star_Ocean wrote:I hate their old stuff. I didn't become a fan until Unia and Days of Grays.
Same here. :)

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:24 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Star_Ocean wrote:I hate their old stuff. I didn't become a fan until Unia and Days of Grays.
I am quite bored with Ecliptica and it has been like that for years.
Strato on the other hand (for example) never bores me.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:21 am

It's true that Sonata lost fans with UNIA and Days of Grays. I allways loved UNIA, and also their old stuff.
The Power of One is one of the best Power Metal Songs I know. (To my taste)
Tony Kakko

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:18 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Talking about Strato, the only album I'm bored with is Visions. I never really liked that album anyway. Only listen to Forever Free, BD, Coming Home and the title track.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:32 pm

rikkertje wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Talking about Strato, the only album I'm bored with is Visions. I never really liked that album anyway. Only listen to Forever Free, BD, Coming Home and the title track.
That happens to me but with the older albums :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:18 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
That happens to me but with the older albums :?
Dreamspace is one of my favorite albums of all-time. But it's really hard to listen to it on a consistent basis.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:48 pm

But it's really hard to listen to it on a consistent basis.
Much like our friend Icecar! :lol:

"Zing"! :rotflmao1:

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:53 am

This is not a Strato topic guys :?

Elias owns so much...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEkogp8cto0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEkogp8cto0&hl=es_MX&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Tony Kakko

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:01 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:This is not a Strato topic guys :?
It came up out of the nowhere, don't feel upset :)
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 pm

ggonza43 wrote: It came up out of the nowhere
Like Priapus' phallus!

Anyway, I went to the Sonata Arctica show last night.
I was having a great time, until I spotted a hat in the audience. It was like something a senior-citizen would wear while planting tulips in the backyard of his retirement home, right after soup and before Bingo. But it wasn't the hat that bothered me, as much as the head that lay beneath it. And it wasn't the head that bothered me, as much as the lack of a brain inside it. There he was, icecar in all his glory (or lack thereof). :nervous: :nervous:

Anyway, I had a fun time.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:01 am

I'm a big Sonata Arctica fan myself, but I learned of them the opposite way that Hinata did, I first learned about Stratovarius and after ordering many of their albums online they suggested that I look into Sonata Arctica.

I own all of their studio albums, I'm still hoping to get a few of their EP's.
metal feeds the beast

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:18 pm

hiro23 wrote:I'm a big Sonata Arctica fan myself, but I learned of them the opposite way that Hinata did, I first learned about Stratovarius and after ordering many of their albums online they suggested that I look into Sonata Arctica.
I think many of people here in the forum started listening to Sonata in that way; well, I personally did it like that. After getting into Strato for almost 2 years, a friend of mine suggested to listen to SA, quoting it was "Strato's twin brother musically". I still don't regret for that, but I wish their next album to be as good as their older ones; don't get me wrong, but "Unia" and "TDOG" were too progressive for me, and I don't want a power metal band to turn into that :?
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:13 am

I've always been a fan of both progressive and power metal so for me it wasn't such a bad change.

However I can see how it's not something that everyone can get into
metal feeds the beast

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 am

:)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-gZlUbVmyc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-gZlUbVmyc&hl ... 2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Tony Kakko

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:18 am

HinatAArcticA wrote::)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-gZlUbVmyc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-gZlUbVmyc&hl ... 2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Love this song, though my favorite from that album would probably be sing in silence
metal feeds the beast

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:25 pm

hiro23 wrote:I've always been a fan of both progressive and power metal so for me it wasn't such a bad change.

However I can see how it's not something that everyone can get into
I'm a huge fan of Power and Prog Metal, but I want my favourite band to be what they are: I don't wanna see Strato turned into Dream Theater, or Dream Theater into Strato. That's my point :?
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:03 am

Nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying it never bothered me.
metal feeds the beast

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:11 am

www.sonataarctica.info wrote:Recording their second DVD September 30th, 2010 at the ALCATRAZ in Milan

SONATA ARCTICA are extremely excited to announce their upcoming recording of their second DVD which will take place at the ALCATRAZ in Milan, Italy on September 30th, 2010.
SONATA ARCTICA will perform a pretty unique show of at least 120 minutes. Next to songs of their latest albums “The Days Of Grays” and “Unia” they also will perform some of the older songs from previous albums plus some very rare songs they didn’t play live during the last years. For sure this will be an unforgettable event and a journey from the beginning of their career as one of the most popular Finish metal bands until now - you definitely shouldn’t miss it.

The DVD will be released in spring 2011 (tba) thru Nuclear Blast records and Marquee Inc. in Japan and will, next to the show in Milan, contain another show, recorded 2009 during the SONATA ARCTICA Open Air Festival in their hometown Kemi, Finland. And of course there will be massive bonus material such as “The Making Of”, interviews, and plenty of video footage the band recorded the last few years during their career on tour.
Old songs?
Maybe Blank File, UnOpened or Wold & Raven will return for this DVD :)
Tony Kakko

Mehida

Post by Mehida » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:31 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:
www.sonataarctica.info wrote:Recording their second DVD September 30th, 2010 at the ALCATRAZ in Milan

SONATA ARCTICA are extremely excited to announce their upcoming recording of their second DVD which will take place at the ALCATRAZ in Milan, Italy on September 30th, 2010.
SONATA ARCTICA will perform a pretty unique show of at least 120 minutes. Next to songs of their latest albums “The Days Of Grays” and “Unia” they also will perform some of the older songs from previous albums plus some very rare songs they didn’t play live during the last years. For sure this will be an unforgettable event and a journey from the beginning of their career as one of the most popular Finish metal bands until now - you definitely shouldn’t miss it.

The DVD will be released in spring 2011 (tba) thru Nuclear Blast records and Marquee Inc. in Japan and will, next to the show in Milan, contain another show, recorded 2009 during the SONATA ARCTICA Open Air Festival in their hometown Kemi, Finland. And of course there will be massive bonus material such as “The Making Of”, interviews, and plenty of video footage the band recorded the last few years during their career on tour.
Old songs?
Maybe Blank File, UnOpened or Wold & Raven will return for this DVD :)
They'll return once Tony gets some new vocal chords.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 am

What I wouldn't want, is to see almost the same setlit of old songs that was in For the Sake of Revenge. I think is a great chance to play songs that have been left out for years, like the ones in Songs of Silence.
Tony Kakko

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Saw em twice, same setlist as posted as before but with black sheep and 8th commandment added and as if the world wasn't ending was taken out...very good shows, played flawlessly... had a great time, I recommend anybody that likes them to out and catch a show!

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 am

Henkka in an interview said they were playing new stuff, and then out of nowhere they return to the old setlist xD
what?
Tony Kakko

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:31 pm

www.sonataarctica.info wrote:SONATA ARCTICA will perform a pretty unique show of at least 120 minutes. Next to songs of their latest albums “The Days Of Grays” and “Unia” they also will perform some of the older songs from previous albums plus some very rare songs they didn’t play live during the last years. For sure this will be an unforgettable event and a journey from the beginning of their career as one of the most popular Finish metal bands until now - you definitely shouldn’t miss it.
FINALLY! This's what I've been waiting for; thanks for the news HinatAArcticA :)
|StratoFan Forever|

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat May 01, 2010 6:04 pm

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qt8ICtVfExI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qt8ICtVfExI&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Good Quality! :)
Tony Kakko