Your First Metal Song Ever!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
HinatAArcticA
Your First Metal Song Ever!

Post by HinatAArcticA » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 am

:D
Well, so, what song is the first one you can recall you ever listened to?

This is funny, to me is "Fall Down to the Scream" from F-ZERO X for the Nintendo 64. I still like it to this day hehe.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vC59uK6I4M&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vC59uK6I4M&hl ... 2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My cousin had the game and brought it to play with my brother, and well, as much as I'm a girl, I was bored so I went to play with them a little (I really liked it lol :lol: ) And we played a trak called Fire-something... and it's soundtrak was this song. That was the first metal song I ever listened to :D
It's funny because it's Power Metal, and well that's my favorite metal genere today.
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

rikkertje

Re: Your First Metal Song Ever!

Post by rikkertje » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:50 am

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DwMJggG-vs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DwMJggG-vs&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I heard hard rock and metal all my life because my dad listened to it. But the first thing I seriously started listening was this I guess. I fell in love with it at once. :D

Faith

Post by Faith » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 am

I'm not quite sure but maybe it was "The final countdown"-Europe.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Hard to say. I can name you the song that made me start to listen to Metal, which is "Higher Than The Sky" by Rage. But I can't name the first real metal song. Probably something on the Radio like Europe or Nothing Else Matters.

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm not 100 % sure, but I think it was Eagleheart or some Children of Bodom stuff.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:19 pm

When I was in middle school, all the other little brats listened to alternative rock. As much as a tried, I really couldn't get into it. Then one day, my friend sent me some Stratovarius songs and it was like venezuela_boy kicked a futbol in my face :lol: It was just...so EASY to like. It sounded really natural and genuine, almost like it was written just for me.

I don't remember the specific song, but Forever, Black Diamond, and Night Time Eclipse were some of the first for sure.

Has anyone noticed that we rarely get excited about new bands anymore, like we did when we were a kid? I still enjoy music, but I don't think I experience it in the same way I did when I was growing up. :cry:

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:39 pm

I grow up listening to Rock bands, but my first Metal song was from Iron Maiden, Run to the hills & Flight of Icarus, I remember well that I loved to watched those videos clips :twisted:
I love the 80s :headbang:
<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hGgx3EqMR70&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hGgx3EqMR70&hl ... 6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:48 pm

First metal song I consciously heard... probably The Trooper.

How exactly I got into metal is a story with hazy origins.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Dr Wily from megaman 2

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFKtYCcMWT4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFKtYCcMWT4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:40 am

probably some metallica

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:31 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote: Has anyone noticed that we rarely get excited about new bands anymore, like we did when we were a kid? I still enjoy music, but I don't think I experience it in the same way I did when I was growing up. :cry:
Depends xD...
When Revolution Renaissance was like about to start, I got really hyped up. Not to speak about Cain's Offering, which happened to really dissapoint me...
But to know what to expect of a band, I usually see who were their influences. If a new band comes saying "Well our inspirations were Green Day, System of a Down and Fall Out Boy" I'm like: :? Cool.....
So when I see new bands influenced by bands like Sonata Arctica, Strato, Blind Guiardian, Gammaray or Helloween, I know I will probably like them.
But it's true that no band has make me so exited to know like Strato or Sonata did. In my case, of course :lol:
Tony Kakko

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:50 pm

So when I see new bands influenced by bands like Sonata Arctica, Strato, Blind Guiardian, Gammaray or Helloween, I know I will probably like them.
Have you tried Olympos Mons, Freedom Call or Celesty?

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:55 pm

HammerFall - At the End Of the Rainbow
Spamming is serious business!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Does Steppenwolf qualify as Metal? If so, mid-70's. If not, then Ironmaiden a bit later on.
I feel so old! :lol:

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 am

browneyedgirl wrote: I feel so old! :lol:
We are ALL young in this forum :D
Tony Kakko

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Does Steppenwolf qualify as Metal? If so, mid-70's. If not, then Ironmaiden a bit later on.
I feel so old! :lol:
Ok now I won't feel so bad if I say it mine was Black Sabbath :wink:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:52 pm

My brother told me once that when I was still a baby (around 4 months) he put Van Halen's Eruption, and I started laughing. So I guess that would be my first Metal song
|StratoFan Forever|

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 am

That's tough. I think the song that started it all was Maiden's Wasting Love. When I found out the song was a Maiden song I decided to give Maiden a shot and got a couple more songs. It was love at first sight, I loved Blood Brothers, Aces High, Brave New World and 2 Minutes To Midnight. Maiden was like crack to me.

At some point a friend of mine introduced me to Stratovarius with a copy of Black Diamond. I didn't like it at first. Some time later I started to narrow down what I really liked in metal and so I decided to give Stratovarius (and some of Tolkki's CTAV too, but I used to think it was all Stratovarius) a shot. And that was fantastic, one of the most remarkable moments of my life.

Those were the days. I was discovering a new band I liked every week, multiple bands some days. Except for Mob Rules, I found my favorite bands as I was starting to explore the metal world. Those days changed my life forever.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Tue May 04, 2010 11:55 pm

doc_holliday wrote:probably some metallica
Me too, something off the black album.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 am

Don't know what was the first. Yes, quite possibly something from Black Album. The song that brought me into metal, however, was Stratovarius - Destiny. :)
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Wed May 05, 2010 7:50 pm

It was Alice Cooper's albums "Billion Dollar Babies" and "Raise your fist and yell".

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Morgana wrote:It was Alice Cooper's albums "Billion Dollar Babies" and "Raise your fist and yell".
Alice cooper-Winp-up toy here ;)

first time I reaaly got internested in hard rock.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Probs Megadeth - Go to hell on the Bill and Ted bogus journey soundtrack.... :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 08, 2010 9:38 am

Morgana wrote:It was Alice Cooper's albums "Billion Dollar Babies" and "Raise your fist and yell".

Absolutely BRILLIANT rock album, one of my favorites ever. But, I'd classify that as Rock and Roll, not Metal. Not many bands were doing metal in 1973. It was pretty much Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, and (Some) Led Zeppelin. I really wouldn't consider anything Alice did before "Constrictor", metal.

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sat May 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Rebel wrote:

Absolutely BRILLIANT rock album, one of my favorites ever. But, I'd classify that as Rock and Roll, not Metal. Not many bands were doing metal in 1973. It was pretty much Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, and (Some) Led Zeppelin. I really wouldn't consider anything Alice did before "Constrictor", metal.
Well, I agree! I would say: Alice Cooper was a person who brought me to metal. He is my metal god :twisted: :D

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Morgana wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Well, I agree! I would say: Alice Cooper was a person who brought me to metal. He is my metal god :twisted: :D
No Contrictor was his irst Heavy metal album, my oppioinon too. But we all know what he means ;)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Morgana wrote:
Rebel wrote:

I dunno. I have a weird thing about Rock and Metal. I feel like Metalheads tend to steal the really good Rock Stars and claim them as their own, because there's a lot of similarities. But Alice is a rock star through and through. I've had the pleasure of seeing him perform live twice, and even at this age, he's still an incredible performer.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat May 08, 2010 6:56 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Has anyone noticed that we rarely get excited about new bands anymore, like we did when we were a kid? I still enjoy music, but I don't think I experience it in the same way I did when I was growing up. :cry:
Because when you're a teenager, you start to see the world. You want to "fit" in a group of friends, so you dress alike and listen to the same music that they like. Once your brain is developed around the early 20s, you made up your choice of music. You don't become so emotional as your teen years.
Read "This is your Brain on Music" by Levitt. It's interesting (but you have to know a bit of psychology to understand).

As far as my first song, it was probably Flames of Revenge by Rhapsody (of Fire).

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sat May 08, 2010 8:37 pm

Rebel wrote: I dunno. I have a weird thing about Rock and Metal. I feel like Metalheads tend to steal the really good Rock Stars and claim them as their own, because there's a lot of similarities. But Alice is a rock star through and through. I've had the pleasure of seeing him perform live twice, and even at this age, he's still an incredible performer.
I saw him once and it was unbelievable! :P Though his latest albums are not the best, and I think that he hasn't written something really genious after "Brutal Planet". But I love him anyways. He is much more metal then many other metalheads.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun May 09, 2010 1:40 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote: Has anyone noticed that we rarely get excited about new bands anymore, like we did when we were a kid? I still enjoy music, but I don't think I experience it in the same way I did when I was growing up. :cry:

Well shit, I'm not sure this applies to me, because I'm 19. Although, if the brats in middle school listened to alt rock I don't imagine there's a 3 in front of your age just yet.

But, when I first heard Bigelf (At a concert, mind you), I went home and spent several days, maybe a week, just listening to everything, soaking it all in, and absolutely LOVING it. I think it's just hard sometimes to find a really awesome band once you know your tastes.