RR NEWS!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rage1979
Re: RR NEWS!

Post by Rage1979 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:56 pm

warrencurrymetal wrote:Dream theater is a good band to be inspired by
Last album was phemomenal!

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Thu May 13, 2010 3:46 am

Let's see.

All albums are phenomenal (maybe except FII, but there are some enthuistats on it)

The worst AoA 2 would be better than the best Elements 4. (with respect to the part I :D)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu May 13, 2010 7:20 am

My favorites are Images&Words and Awake. Surrounded, Wait For Sleep, Space Dye Vest, Scarred etc are all just classics.

I also love Kevin Moore's other projects like OSI and Chroma Key. And don't forget "Memory Hole 1" if semi-political soundtracks are up your alley! This is actually a free download from the Chroma Key website. I've been listening to it recently and every "song" makes you think in a way... :twisted:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 am

Thanks AAAAAAAAAA ! I'll check it out.

pneumonia, all albums are fantastic, true. My fav one as a whole album is Awake. But, there are songs in other albums that I prefer more than every song in Awake. FII was a little more comercial and there was a strange mix of influences. Desmond Child composing one songg too.., etc, etc. And you know, it's like the sellout album of the band. But I think the composition is just amazing. But, for me, Peruvian skies is one of the best songs in his discography and I love Hell's kitchen too.

Anyway, as I said in my previous post (the other page) I'd like that somebody paste here what TT says in his facebook about DT. Thanks.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 am

Great news!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu May 13, 2010 7:12 pm

RazielSR wrote:Thanks AAAAAAAAAA ! I'll check it out.
I think OSI "Blood" is his best work to date. An absolute classic! One of my favorite albums of all time. It has progressive elements without actually being a prog album and its creative without requiring a huge attention span. :bounce2:

Memory Hole is a little out there...and i'm not even really sure if I can call it music. I mainly posted it since its free :lol:
Anyway, as I said in my previous post (the other page) I'd like that somebody paste here what TT says in his facebook about DT. Thanks.
He listened to a song and said "this is very, very good". :lol:
Just kidding. :roll:

He said "Space Dye Vest" was a masterpiece, he also posted a video of "Take Away My Pain" and I think one other. Didn't say a lot about DT, he just said he's really into the band now. I'm happy to hear he's gotten past Shania Twain :laff:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu May 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Does he still like U2? I was listening to The Joshua Tree yesterday and remembered him saying something like that once.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu May 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
warrencurrymetal wrote:Dream theater is a good band to be inspired by
Last album was phemomenal!
yuck.
The instrumentation was great, it was well written, the lyrics were the WORST I've ever heard on a DT record, but there was nothing new on it. Not one thing on that album surprised me. They haven't deserved to be called "Progressive Metal" since Train of Thought, the last three albums have just been the same stuff over and over and over.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
RazielSR wrote:Thanks AAAAAAAAAA ! I'll check it out.
I think OSI "Blood" is his best work to date. An absolute classic! One of my favorite albums of all time. It has progressive elements without actually being a prog album and its creative without requiring a huge attention span. :bounce2:

Memory Hole is a little out there...and i'm not even really sure if I can call it music. I mainly posted it since its free :lol:
He listened to a song and said "this is very, very good". :lol:
Just kidding. :roll:

He said "Space Dye Vest" was a masterpiece, he also posted a video of "Take Away My Pain" and I think one other. Didn't say a lot about DT, he just said he's really into the band now. I'm happy to hear he's gotten past Shania Twain :laff:
Thanks for the info AAAAAAAAA !! Cool to know that TT is having a good time listening and creating music.

And yes, Space dye vest is a masterpiece. That song is extremely emotional, it really gives me the creeps. Haunting.

Thanks for the info about KM too ;)
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Does he still like U2? I was listening to The Joshua Tree yesterday and remembered him saying something like that once.
Yes, he used to say that Bono is one of his idols.

Fuuso

Post by Fuuso » Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Great news!
I've never really gotten into Dream Theater but I must say they're talented musicians and they've always created something original

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun May 16, 2010 2:32 pm

I hope RR will open a site soon. So they can keep us updated about what they are doing. :)

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:41 pm

rikkertje wrote:I hope RR will open a site soon. So they can keep us updated about what they are doing. :)
Indeed!

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Sun May 16, 2010 11:29 pm

I want to hear a progressive Tolkki! now that would be cool. BTW Liquid Tension is good too.

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Tue May 18, 2010 1:25 am

warrencurrymetal wrote:I want to hear a progressive Tolkki! now that would be cool. BTW Liquid Tension is good too.
Just take a listen to Dreamspace - so you already have ;)
But I'd guess it'd be very different this time!

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue May 18, 2010 11:53 pm

thanks for the decent post AAAAA! I've been meaning to check out OSI

@ Rebel - I liked the album, but totally agree with you on the lyrics part...I didn't like most of the lyrics...particularly Portnoy's. A Rite of passage was awesome

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:54 pm

RazielSR wrote:Cool :lol: . I'm happy to know that TT loves DT. Especially if he is thinking in playing like this GOD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UohbeIpsgY (for example)
He may be a true guitar god, but damn he doesn't show one single sign of emotion when playing it :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|