Video Games Topic

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
ggonza43
Re: Video Games Topic

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:08 pm

RazielSR wrote::lol: chang, your cousin is really mad.

gonza, and add the girlfriend, some sport three days a week, 8 hours working in a computer...I think people should have more free time. Well, i think everybody thinks the same :lol:
Who doesn't :lol:? If we were able to manege our own times, we should spend all the days doing nothing :D. But I also do sports, need to see my GF, go to university all the week, study on weekends...I barely have time for me too :?
|StratoFan Forever|

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:40 am

what's your job Raziel? (if it's not too private)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:29 am

No, it's not private, it is in my profile since the day I registered here.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:36 am

doc_holliday wrote:
These days I'm playing Fallout 3 on PC. I have a 24 inch screen on my pc, which is totally awesome. Really immerses you in the game.
Fallout 3 is really inmersive in the maximum settings, and more if you change the textures by using an improved texture pack.

It is not the same like the originals, but it is well done for these days.
Fallout: New Vegas, a new game based in Las Vegas, created by some of the creators of Fallout 1 and 2 will be out this October more or less.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:44 am

rikkertje wrote:Only games I play are:

- The Sims
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

:P
:lol: :lol: my girlfriend loves The Sims.

About TES...wow...Morrowind was one game that I was shocked while playing in 2003-2004 more or less What a fantastic game, a lot better as a RPG than Oblivion. Oblivion was some kind of deception for me. You can't feel the same because some RPG elements are completely different and very consolized/simple. Anyway, it is an excelent game. TES V: Empire is planned for 2011 more or less (in 2009 Beteshda said for 2010).

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:38 pm

nice, Raziel. I just got my degree in computer science

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:10 pm

RazielSR wrote:

- The Sims

About TES...wow...Morrowind was one game that I was shocked while playing in 2003-2004 more or less What a fantastic game, a lot better as a RPG than Oblivion. Oblivion was some kind of deception for me. You can't feel the same because some RPG elements are completely different and very consolized/simple. Anyway, it is an excelent game. TES V: Empire is planned for 2011 more or less (in 2009 Beteshda said for 2010).
I also liked Morrowind much more than Oblivion.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:00 pm

I didn't like Morrowind. I stopped playing when I got to that huge city, and I didn't know what is where...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:13 pm

RazielSR wrote:

- The Sims

I used to play it back when I was young. Now it seems dull to me :D
|StratoFan Forever|

Chang

Post by Chang » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 am

China boot-legs copy. Play Sims 2 without.
Greaaaaaaaaaat!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:27 am

I tried Sims for like 10 minutes. then I was like fuck that

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Talking about games, I'm at "Left 4 Dead 2" and I wanted to ask: Does somebody know what the fuck I have to do with the gnome at the "Dark Carnival"? It's one of the few achievements I need
|StratoFan Forever|

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:17 pm

RazielSR wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:
These days I'm playing Fallout 3 on PC. I have a 24 inch screen on my pc, which is totally awesome. Really immerses you in the game.
Fallout 3 is really inmersive in the maximum settings, and more if you change the textures by using an improved texture pack.

It is not the same like the originals, but it is well done for these days.
Fallout: New Vegas, a new game based in Las Vegas, created by some of the creators of Fallout 1 and 2 will be out this October more or less.
yea I'm a huge fallout fan. it's my favorite franchise. really really liked 1 and 2

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:52 pm

I had a fallout once with the IRS. I stopped reading her letters. It ended on a somber note. :cry:

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:22 am

Planescape: Torment

Trying to get the resolution patch working...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Need recomendations of XBox 360 games. Does anybody knows "Mass Effect 3"? I'm planning of getting it, but still need some info about it...Is it good?
|StratoFan Forever|

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:49 am

I play the following on a regular basis:

World of Warcraft (Well atleast used to play, now i more or less use it as a chatroom.)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (On the 360)
All the classic Mario games with friends.
Guitar Hero's with friends.
The Castlevania series.

Oh and ggonza43 i heard that Mass Effect 3 was pretty bad, i've yet to play it but i've played the second one though.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Kosmo wrote:Oh and ggonza43 i heard that Mass Effect 3 was pretty bad, i've yet to play it but i've played the second one though.
When I wrote that, I didn't know that the trilogy wasn't complete yet, so I bought "Mass Effect 2". And so far, so good: It's entertaining :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:05 pm

I play MMORPGs with my computer.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Babylonian wrote:I play MMORPGs with my computer.
You mean, like Linage II? That's a great game :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:33 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
I hated the fact that it was click-to-move but i heard that they improved that so you can move with your keyboard or something?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Kosmo wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
I hated the fact that it was click-to-move but i heard that they improved that so you can move with your keyboard or something?
In that case, I'd better get it ASAP :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:35 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
I know that game, but I don't play it.
Kosmo wrote:I hated the fact that it was click-to-move but i heard that they improved that so you can move with your keyboard or something?
ggonza43 wrote:In that case, I'd better get it ASAP Very Happy!
Most of nowadays MMORPG's have keyboard control (or if you play shitty Runescape). ;)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Babylonian wrote:Most of nowadays MMORPG's have keyboard control (or if you play shitty Runescape). ;)
I'll still stick to the keyboard, thanks :)
|StratoFan Forever|

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:38 am

I want to post my experience with the 3 consoles of this gen, the PS3, Wii and 360. It's going to be a bible, but I feel like sharing it :lol:

I happen to have owned the three of them, and I want to say what I think of each.

Image First. Back in 2008, I had a "friend" who used to play Halo 3 online with her girlfriend (yes, I wrote it right), and a few friends. So they told me "You should get a 360, so we can play together" and I though that was a good idea, since I had non of the 3 consoles back then. So I saved up some money and went to buy an XBOX 360 Arcade in christmas. So I got it for a very good price, but I had to buy a Hard Drive, so it was a bit more expensive in the end. I got one month of a free Gold Membership in XBOX Live, but my "friend" told me that we couldn't play unless I downloaded the bonus maps for Halo 3 (oh yeah, I bought the game too), because the Matchmaking wouldn't launch if I didn't have the maps. So the month went by, and I bought the maps, one year of premium membership, a re-chargable battery pack for the controler and finally I was ready to play. So the firs time we played, my "friend" did invite me, and we played like for 30 mins or so, but that was the last time we ever played, because she never invited me to play online again. The next time I tried to play, I had to join their session, but they said there was an extra space for the game, and that somebody had to be kicked out of the party. So without saying anything, the just kicked me out, and later they told me: "You are not good enough to play with us, because they kill you so much and we loose our high ranking". I didn't try to play again with them, but I did played a lot online for some time, and it was a nice experience, and I think the XBOX controler is the best of the classic controlers of the gen. But when the year of my Gold Membersip ended, I lost interest in the XBOX, and ended up selling it. I hated that they would ask for payment for anything, clothes for the avatar, special features, and even changin my gamer tag, so I finally sold the XBOX.

Image In September 2009, I met a girl who has now become my best friend, and back in December, she suggested me to buy a Wii, since a new Zelda was to be announced for the WIi, and I would buy any console just for a Zelda game (except for the Philips CD-i). Unlike the XBOX, which was easy to buy, I had to save money for the Wii for a long time, until I was able to buy it in May 2010. The first thing I noticed when I took it all out of the box, is that unlike the XBOX, that you can just plug and play, the Wii requires you to set up some things, like the sensor bar, and then check that it works. I don't know if everybody had an experience like that, but it took me some time to get it all started, but unlike the XBOX, I was able to play online with my friend right away, without werid payment and memberships, we just started playing Mario Kart, and I can use the Game Cube controler, and so can I play GC games there, so for a start, I enjoyed Wii the first time far more than XBOX, and Wii also has a web browser. A bit shitty (lol) but XBOX had none, or I didn't find it...
Overall, my experience with Wii was far better than the one with the XBOX, and I won't sell the Wii.

Image Some time ago, I would have never expected that I was going to buy a PS3, but the same person who adviced me about the Wii, told me that I should get a PS3. So that was the reason I sold the XBOX for. I sold it for about 260 US Dollars (3000 Pesos Mexicanos) with all my games and the controlers, and in less than a month, I swiched between Microsoft and Sony. The first thing I noticed with the PS3 whn I took it out of the box, is that unlike the XBOX, the Dual Shock 3 controler has a built in battery, so I don't have to spend 30 US Dollars in a re-chargable pack or any stupid "gold membership" to play online. I'm aware that there is a Play Station Network Plus thing, but to play online, I don't need to pay. It is true that XBOX Live is more solid than Play Station Network, but how good is a service that is strong but I don't have anybody to play with? In PSN, I can play with my best friend and some other friends who also have a PS3, and I don't have to beg them to play with them or care about ranking or anything, we just have fun, and looking at the situation that happened with XBOX, Play Sation just owned it. Also I got a Blu Ray player, and to be honest, I do preefer the PS3 games, which are a bit more "oriental styled" than the XBOX games, that are more like western, which is no surpirse, since Sony is japanese, and Microsoft from the U.S.

In conclution, I had a far better overall experience with Wii and PS3, mainly because of the free online gaming and the games that they offer. I don't really like First Person Shooters, and XBOX's strongest games are Halo and Gears of War, so I really don't know why I waited so long to change to Sony. I play Modern Warfare 2 in the PS3 with my friends, and even when I loved Halo 3, the multiplayer experience in MW2 is better, to me :lol:

I don't claim to have an absolute opinion, but I do recomend PS3 over XBOX, and Wii is like different, but this all depends on what do you expect and want to do with a console.

Oh... this was long... :spin3:

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:26 pm

The 360 breaks too easily.. :x

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:38 pm

(Couldn't edit my post..)

I was just in a videogame hell..

Decided to try have my skills rusted on Call of Duty 4, so i open my ps3 and load a few updates since it had been a long time from the last time i played on it..5-10 minutes later every download is ready i'm thinking: ''Allright time to kick some ass!''

Well i find a match right away..Right when the loading screen was done the match ends..Damn, well i find a new match rather quickly and right away ''Lobby Closed'' Sigh..

Few more lobbys that get closed right away when the match starts..
Well than i succes in joining a game thinking ''Allright man, we got this by the ass!'' and than the ''Connection interrupted'' message pops up..

This was when i gave up.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:37 am

Kosmo wrote:The 360 breaks too easily.. :x
Maybe you need to play with a wireless controller?

Or even better: Don't punch the console when you lose.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:42 am

Can you say STARCRAFT 2?
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:47 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Kosmo wrote:The 360 breaks too easily.. :x
Maybe you need to play with a wireless controller?

Or even better: Don't punch the console when you lose.
:lol:

I got the infamous Red Ring of Death.. :cry:
And i do have wireless controllers what do you think i am, a caveman? :wink: