Tempers flare at Ground Zero Mosque rally in New York

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
miditek
Tempers flare at Ground Zero Mosque rally in New York

Post by miditek » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Tempers flare at Ground Zero Mosque rally in New York as 70% of Americans say "Nyet!" to Comrade Hussein's pipe dream.

I think that fearless leader has been smoking a little too much blonde Lebanese hash (from Nasrallah's private stash, no less) if he thinks that this pig will ever fly!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwaNRWMN-F4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwaNRWMN-F4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

rikkertje

Re: Tempers flare at Ground Zero Mosque rally in New York

Post by rikkertje » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Geert Wilders, the top candidate of the Party for Freedom (a Dutch right-wing political party http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_Freedom), is going to protest against the planned building of that mosque.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 pm

freedom of religion bro

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Well I'll be very honest. The foreigner-laws in The Netherlands are going to be more strict soon so that less people will be able to enter and sit at home, getting payments from the state. Only people who can truly show that they will follow education/get work here and that they will not sit at home doing nothing will be able to enter. And I can only say I'm very happy about that. :)

miditek

Post by miditek » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Rebel wrote:freedom of religion bro
Freedom of religion is indeed guaranteed by the Consitution, but that does not include setting up a front for a command and control center for terror groups to operate (from behind the veil of religion) in New York with impunity. Nor does freedom of religion allow these imams to set up a madrassa in their mosque to indoctrinate their children in Jihad 101 courses, and to create the next generation of suicide bombers.

With freedom of religion also comes responsibility- the imams will incite riots worldwide over Mohammed cartoons, but are perfectly content to incite riots (and worse) with their fanatical determination to build the mosque in a location that has the majority of the country (and not only the people of New York) now at the boiling point. Let's see a mega Orthodox synagogue be constructed adjacent to the palaces of the royal family in Saudi Arabia and see how far that goes.

Nothing good is going to come from building the mosque there- and it is only going to lead to more tension, more trouble, and all in the name of political correctness under a freedom of religion facade. This entire thing is being planned to provoke the people nationwide, and could serve as a "Reichstag Fire" type of pretext for Obungler's Sturmabteilung to launch a crackdown on us. That's the game in a nutshell.

I'm quite relieved that Wilders will be allowed to speak on this problem (the UK actually had an arrest and/or deportation order out on him at one time, which has since been rescinded)- he is one of the few political leaders in Europe that truly understands the danger of what is going on- which is the Islamization of the West.
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:11 pm

miditek wrote:
Freedom of religion is indeed guaranteed by the Consitution, but that does not include setting up a front for a command and control center for terror groups to operate (from behind the veil of religion) in New York with impunity. Nor does freedom of religion allow these imams to set up a madrassa in their mosque to indoctrinate their children in Jihad 101 courses, and to create the next generation of suicide bombers.

With freedom of religion also comes responsibility- the imams will incite riots worldwide over Mohammed cartoons, but are perfectly content to incite riots (and worse) with their fanatical determination to build the mosque in a location that has the majority of the country (and not only the people of New York) now at the boiling point. Let's see a mega Orthodox synagogue be constructed adjacent to the palaces of the royal family in Saudi Arabia and see how far that goes.

Nothing good is going to come from building the mosque there- and it is only going to lead to more tension, more trouble, and all in the name of political correctness under a freedom of religion facade. This entire thing is being planned to provoke the people nationwide, and could serve as a "Reichstag Fire" type of pretext for Obungler's Sturmabteilung to launch a crackdown on us. That's the game in a nutshell.
+1

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:17 pm

miditek wrote:

I'm quite relieved that Wilders will be allowed to speak on this problem (the UK actually had an arrest and/or deportation order out on him at one time, which has since been rescinded)- he is one of the few political leaders in Europe that truly understands the danger of what is going on- which is the Islamization of the West.
You may want to read this.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... que/61521/

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:41 pm

miditek wrote:
Freedom of religion is indeed guaranteed by the Consitution, but that does not include setting up a front for a command and control center for terror groups to operate (from behind the veil of religion) in New York with impunity.
Evidence?
Nor does freedom of religion allow these imams to set up a madrassa in their mosque to indoctrinate their children in Jihad 101 courses, and to create the next generation of suicide bombers.

Agreed. I somehow don't think that's going to be happening in this mosque however. Not with the amount of scrutiny it would be under from now on.

They'll probably content themselves with telling five year old kids that they'll go to hell for not believing in Mohammed. Or that having sex before marriage will send you to hell. Or that Mohammed came up with the Koran after a chat with the archangel Gabriel, but conveniently forget to mention that he didn't actually write any of it down, ever.
Poor analogy.

What you're describing is apples and oranges - Saudi Arabia is a theocratic absolute monarchy which is, culturally and socially, still in the middle ages where women get stoned for being victims of rape and publicly executes innocent people after little more than a mock trial on a fairly regular basis.

The US on the other hand is a modern, enlightened (for the most part) democratic society where freedom for all is (usually) protected by law. More often than not, people get fair trials and have their rights protected. Sure, it doesn't always happen, but by god do you hear about it and do people get angry when things mess up.

Besides, them getting worked up enough over stupid cartoons is them getting angry at the very laws and rights afforded to them which allows them to practice their religion in the first place. With freedom comes responsibility - true, but with freedom also comes mass stupidity and there are, as of yet, no laws against stupidity that I am aware of.

A child could see their hypocrisy, but hey, that's religion for you.
Nothing good is going to come from building the mosque there- and it is only going to lead to more tension, more trouble, and all in the name of political correctness under a freedom of religion facade.
See, I agree with you on this.

I think it's a pretty ridiculous thing to do, and just another example of religion being used as a political tool. Since I trust Islam about as much as I trust any other religion (i.e. hardly at all) I wouldn't be too surprised if this was some sort of calculated publicity stunt intended to rile up passions. I personally hate it when people use religion to justify a retarded sense of entitlement.

BUT... having said that, it is privately owned land, and the building and administration of the mosque is in line with all local laws and ordinances. It's not actually, well, illegal or unlawful in any way. Therefore the only reason this is being made an issue, and the only reason it would possibly be blocked, is on the grounds of it being a Muslim building in Lower Manhattan.

And that is religious discrimination, which is unlawful.

If it was a church, synagogue, Bhuddist, Sikh or Hindu temple we wouldn't even be hearing about it. But like it or not, freedom of religion is protected in America, and fortunately or unfortunately, that's part of living in an open society. While I agree with Obama on his reasoning behind his opinion, I still think he should have just kept quiet about it and left it as a local issue. Brave of him to do and very idealistic, but not politically wise.

I don't think it's about political correctness however (which pisses me off no end). Despite me being about as atheist as they come, I do believe freedom of religion is a fundamental human right, and as outlined above, there's just no legal reason for this mosque not to be built.
This entire thing is being planned to provoke the people nationwide, and could serve as a "Reichstag Fire" type of pretext for Obungler's Sturmabteilung to launch a crackdown on us. That's the game in a nutshell.
The first bit of this sentence is true and I agree fully with it, the second part shows you have no idea about or understanding of Nazi Germany and how it has no conceivable resemblance with the current (or, might I add, previous) US administration.

Look, Obama is either a Communist, or a Nazi, make up your mind. If you're going to be wilfully ignorant about the different meanings of political affiliations at least be consistent with it.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Tuesday, August 24th, at the Stratoforum. See two powerhouse debaters clashing head to head in one of the greatest rivalries since Icecar and Ragehead! Quotations will be issued! Sources will be cited! Irrelevant, argument-distorting analogies will be sprinkled liberally!! Accusations of political extremism GUARANTEED!! LET THE FIGHTING BEGIN!!! :twisted:

:crowd1: :crowd1:
:crowd1: :crowd1:

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:04 pm

It's funny how Muslims demand the respect to their religion and bitch and moan about their feelings being hurt because of some funny cartoon, while refusing to build their mosque a little bit farther from the ground zero because it hurts the feelings of other people.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:02 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matt-sled ... 60585.html

how many blocks away is ok? it's already 2 blocks away.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 am

For the record, I'm with the muslims on this one.

Not that I hate the smell.... :roll:

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:03 am

Shurik wrote:It's funny how Muslims demand the respect to their religion and bitch and moan about their feelings being hurt because of some funny cartoon, while refusing to build their mosque a little bit farther from the ground zero because it hurts the feelings of other people.
Completely true.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:51 pm

It's just my opinion but I think building a mosque in that particular area is like spitting in the face of people who lost loved ones in 9/11. Its like saying, "Fuck you". It's just really bad taste, and inconsiderate.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:It's just my opinion but I think building a mosque in that particular area is like spitting in the face of people who lost loved ones in 9/11. Its like saying, "Fuck you". It's just really bad taste, and inconsiderate.
And telling them they can't is like telling more than 230 years of American history "Fuck you".

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Rebel wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:It's just my opinion but I think building a mosque in that particular area is like spitting in the face of people who lost loved ones in 9/11. Its like saying, "Fuck you". It's just really bad taste, and inconsiderate.
And telling them they can't is like telling more than 230 years of American history "Fuck you".
I agree with both of you. It is in poor taste, but should not be prohibited. Like every post icecar has ever made. :lol:

:rotflmao2: :rotflmao1: :bounce2: :bounce2:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 pm

muslims lost loved ones in 911, and i don't mean ones involved in the terrorism or the muslim sects that condone the terrorism.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 pm

icecab21 wrote:muslims lost loved ones in 911, and i don't mean ones involved in the terrorism or the muslim sects that condone the terrorism.
Dude, come on. You know that all Catholic priests are pederasts, all Mexicans are lazy and that all Kurds frequently bury their daughters alive for marrying men from another tribe. That's how the world works!!!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:16 am

icecab21 wrote:muslims lost loved ones in 911, and i don't mean ones involved in the terrorism or the muslim sects that condone the terrorism.
:roll: Don't go there! There is a really naughty whale. :shock:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:33 am

Just because there are some people(alot of people, actually)who do not want this mosque built in this particular area, it does not mean they hate Muslims individually. :roll:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:27 am

how far away is far enough?

Bathory Killcraft

Post by Bathory Killcraft » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:41 pm

icecab21 wrote:how far away is far enough?
Middle East should be ok...
Black Metal is the game I play cos' no one shows me the right way...

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:16 pm

rikkertje wrote:Geert Wilders, the top candidate of the Party for Freedom (a Dutch right-wing political party http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_Freedom), is going to protest against the planned building of that mosque.
Party of Freedom. :lol: What a funny joke. That person and party have nazi roots. The only difference between "Party of Freedom" and NSDAP is it, that the first one hates muslims and blacks and the second one hated jews. And I'm not joking. Persons like Wilders spreads hate towards muslims and blacks very similar way, than nazis spread hate towards jews and poles in Nazi Germany. It's funny, that some persons still thinks, that nazism is dead in Europe. They are totally wrong.

As to muslims, liberal muslim and radical muslim are two different things. Koran denies killing. And islam isn't the only religion, which has the "violent wing". There's also christians, who wants to kill all the homosexuals. And Sarah Palin said, that "Iraqi war is God's volition". I see nothing wrong with normal liberal religion, but I hate radical religious wings including radical islam, radical christianity and radical whatever religion.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Babylonian wrote:
rikkertje wrote:Geert Wilders, the top candidate of the Party for Freedom (a Dutch right-wing political party http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_Freedom), is going to protest against the planned building of that mosque.
Party of Freedom. :lol: What a funny joke. That person and party have nazi roots. The only difference between "Party of Freedom" and NSDAP is it, that the first one hates muslims and blacks and the second one hated jews. And I'm not joking. Persons like Wilders spreads hate towards muslims and blacks very similar way, than nazis spread hate towards jews and poles in Nazi Germany. It's funny, that some persons still thinks, that nazism is dead in Europe. They are totally wrong.
The Party for Freedom was the biggest winner in the general-election held in June. The majority of The Netherlands voted for them. They didn't get most seats in the House of Representatives though. (I didn't vote for Party for Freedom, I voted VVD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VVD)

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

That person and party have nazi roots.
That's not true, or at least that's what Wikipedia says (I don't know Dutch, so Wiki is my only source). On the contrary, this guy lived in Israel for some time. He is more Zionist than half of the Israeli population ...

Stating that immigrants should integrate into the existing society instead of trying to change the society into the one they left is not a very bad thing to say. As an immigrant myself (I was born in USSR and came to Israel when I was ~15), I fully agree with this. I see many immigrants here in Israel who learned 10 words in Hebrew in 15 or so years, who don't know anything and don't care about local politics (which is somewhat frightening considering the fact that they can vote) and I simply don't understand it.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

rikkertje wrote:The Party for Freedom was the biggest winner in the general-election held in June. The majority of The Netherlands voted for them. They didn't get most seats in the House of Representatives though. (I didn't vote for Party for Freedom, I voted VVD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VVD)
They increased their number of seats more than any other party. That's why they were called 'winners'.

The majority did not vote for them, that would be almost unimaginable in a multi-party system.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Carcass wrote:
rikkertje wrote:The Party for Freedom was the biggest winner in the general-election held in June. The majority of The Netherlands voted for them. They didn't get most seats in the House of Representatives though. (I didn't vote for Party for Freedom, I voted VVD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VVD)
They increased their number of seats more than any other party. That's why they were called 'winners'.

The majority did not vote for them, that would be almost unimaginable in a multi-party system.
You're right there. Wrong choice of words from me. But what I ment to say is that lots of people voted for them as is shown here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_gene ... 10#Results.

I do agree with some of their points but I didn't vote for them because they are just too extreme sometimes.

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:07 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Babylonian wrote:
The Party for Freedom was the biggest winner in the general-election held in June. The majority of The Netherlands voted for them. They didn't get most seats in the House of Representatives though. (I didn't vote for Party for Freedom, I voted VVD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VVD)
So what? Majority of germans voted NSDAP too.
That's not true, or at least that's what Wikipedia says (I don't know Dutch, so Wiki is my only source). On the contrary, this guy lived in Israel for some time. He is more Zionist than half of the Israeli population ...
Never believe Wikipedia, because everyone can write there. Maybe that Wikipedia article is written by supporter of "Party of Freedom". Hiding nazi roots and denying racism is typical attention from nowadays far right populist parties.
Stating that immigrants should integrate into the existing society instead of trying to change the society into the one they left is not a very bad thing to say. As an immigrant myself (I was born in USSR and came to Israel when I was ~15), I fully agree with this. I see many immigrants here in Israel who learned 10 words in Hebrew in 15 or so years, who don't know anything and don't care about local politics (which is somewhat frightening considering the fact that they can vote) and I simply don't understand it.
That doesn't mean, that all immigrants "bad". Europe's far right populist parties spreads hate towards all muslims and blacks. They don't even bother to say, that "there's good immigrants". They implies, that all immigrants are "bad". I think, that hate isn't answer to problems. It's not answer to anywhere.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Never believe Wikipedia, because everyone can write there. Maybe that Wikipedia article is written by supporter of "Party of Freedom". Hiding nazi roots and denying racism is typical attention from nowadays far right populist parties.
Ok, so please bring me some other respectable source that proves that this party in general and Geert Wilders in particular have Nazi roots.
The fact that he lived in Israel and visits here at least once a year is something I knew before I read an article about him on Wiki.

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Shurik wrote:
Ok, so please bring me some other respectable source that proves that this party in general and Geert Wilders in particular have Nazi roots.
The fact that he lived in Israel and visits here at least once a year is something I knew before I read an article about him on Wiki.
I don't have the real evidence, but why he spreads pure propaganda and hate towards muslims if he don't hate them? His hate towards muslims is very similar, than nazis hate towards jews in 1930s/1940s. Afterall it's very hard to say is he a nazi or not, but the fact is it, that his and many others European far right populist parties political message is hate. That's the key thing.

As to other Europe's far right populist parties in Austria and Sweden there's party who has clear nazi roots. Some of those far right populist parties spreads hate also towards Eastern European workers, who live in Western Europe.