Your First Concert...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Damien Thorn
Your First Concert...

Post by Damien Thorn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Here's a thing I just thought of...

What was your very first rock concert?

Mine was Bon Jovi on the New Jersey Syndicate world tour in 1989... this exact gig...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEldOAIu5UE

I was deaf for half a week from the screaming girls, but it made a lasting impression on me. Now that I watched it on Youtube, for the very first time after 21 years (man, how time flies), it still strikes me as an energy-packed electrifying performance. So, it wasn't just that first-ever-concert buzz affecting my judgement.

So, how was your first time? :wink:

Cheers,

Damien
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

Susie

Re: Your First Concert...

Post by Susie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 am

The first BIG concert I went to was Red Hot Chili Peppers :D I remember that night so much! Flea screamed "Chúpame el besoooo" (Suck my kiss in spanish- sorta). And there was a shooting star during "Under the bridge" :luv1:

:lol: and I'll never forget the smell of strange substances in the air that night---

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:54 am

Well, the first one ever was from a local bands (Susie you might have heard of them) called "Rata Blanca" when I was 9 - And after that, I said to myself "Now THIS is what I want to do my whole life: Going to every concert I can :D!" They blew my inocent mind like a bullet breaks through a window...Pure awesomeness, and I'll always remember it
|StratoFan Forever|

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:58 am

First metal show I ever went to was Armageddon Rev. 16:16, a legendary local Cypriot band. I was 17 (there weren't many metal shows happening in Cyprus back then...) Our current drummer Chris was playing with them, and I never imagined I'd someday be in a band with him.

The first big proper concert I went to was Stratovarius, Symphony X and Thunderstone at the Electric Ballroom in London on 31/3/03, on the Elements tour. Just totally blew me away.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:21 am

NeonVomit wrote:First metal show I ever went to was Armageddon Rev. 16:16, a legendary local Cypriot band. I was 17 (there weren't many metal shows happening back then...) Our current drummer Chris was playing with them, and I never imagined I'd someday be in a band with him.

The first big proper concert I went to was Stratovarius, Symphony X and Thunderstone at the Electric Ballroom on 31/3/03, on the Elements tour. Just totally blew me away.
mago de oz.. i was 14 lol

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 am

My first rock concert was Bon Jovi, last date of New Jersey tour, here in Guadalajara in February 1990.

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:44 am

My first rock concert was Foreigner in 1993, I wasn't a big fan (I only knew their greatest hits) but I was a teen with the excitement of her very first concert so I stayed in queue since 9:00am (show started around 8:00pm), got front row, took a lot of pics (with an old 110 film camera), got a guitar pick from Mick Jones and also decided I wouldn't miss any rock concert ever :)

The next one was until 1995 which was my first Metal gig with Rata Blanca, not too much info on the Internet back then so many of us were surprised when it wasn't Barilari singing, but Mario Ian, but it still was a great show.

Then no more gigs until 1998 with Deep Purple and I guess 2001 with Angeles del Infierno. As you can see almost nobody toured my poor country back then :cry:

My first concert abroad was in 2004 when I traveled to see Iron Maiden in Argentina and that is the show I love the most and I doubt any other could ever beat it. :spin2:

And my first Stratovarius concert was in 2005 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. :evil:

Fortunately things got better for Peru and I've seen dozens of bands since then here and worldwide too :)
Wanna travel cool & cheap? Visit <url>here</url>

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 am

DawnIsHere wrote:The next one was until 1995 which was my first Metal gig with Rata Blanca, not too much info on the Internet back then so many of us were surprised when it wasn't Barilari singing, but Mario Ian, but it still was a great show.
Ian is one of the best singers Argentina has, but nobody could ever replace Barilari (The latin-american Bruce Dickinson :lol:!)
|StratoFan Forever|

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:16 am

Stratovarius on Destiny Tour in the backwaters of Ostrobothnia. The only reason they came there is that Kotipelto is from there.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:05 am

Boy George and the culture club, Bananarama, Guy Lombardo, Bill Cosby.

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Susie wrote:The first BIG concert I went to was Red Hot Chili Peppers :D I remember that night so much! Flea screamed "Chúpame el besoooo" (Suck my kiss in spanish- sorta). And there was a shooting star during "Under the bridge" :luv1:

:lol: and I'll never forget the smell of strange substances in the air that night---
The Peppers became big stars all of a sudden with that hit single, but I remember them from the eighties, when they would perform wearing nothing but a strategically placed sock. I saw them live in 1996 (I think) at a festival in Belgium. Great band!

That strange smell: are you referring to patchouli, hot dogs... or cannabis?

Cheers,

D.
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Babylon wrote:My first rock concert was Bon Jovi, last date of New Jersey tour, here in Guadalajara in February 1990.
Wow, same as my first concert, only two months later and a couple of thousand miles to the West...

Was it this exact gig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do-qJIQLXso

The intro is a bit Spinal Tap...

Cheerio,

Damien
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:46 pm

robocop656 wrote:Boy George and the culture club, Bananarama, Guy Lombardo, Bill Cosby.
:lol:

Really?

Cheers,

D.
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:48 pm

DawnIsHere wrote: My first concert abroad was in 2004 when I traveled to see Iron Maiden in Argentina and that is the show I love the most and I doubt any other could ever beat it. :spin2:
Iron Maiden are a hard act to follow indeed...
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:17 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
DawnIsHere wrote:The next one was until 1995 which was my first Metal gig with Rata Blanca, not too much info on the Internet back then so many of us were surprised when it wasn't Barilari singing, but Mario Ian, but it still was a great show.
Ian is one of the best singers Argentina has, but nobody could ever replace Barilari (The latin-american Bruce Dickinson :lol:!)
Yeah, Ian is a nice guy, but I don't know whenever he came here again with his solo band weird things always happen, like blackouts in the venue (happened 3 times) or stage falling... I heard somwhere he drags bad luck :?

But Rata Blanca IS Barilari (ok, Giardino too :roll: )

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 pm

DawnIsHere wrote:But Rata Blanca IS Barilari (ok, Giardino too :roll: )
Walter Giardino is WAY too pedant for my taste :?
|StratoFan Forever|

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
DawnIsHere wrote:But Rata Blanca IS Barilari (ok, Giardino too :roll: )
Walter Giardino is WAY too pedant for my taste :?
I can't deny that :!:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 pm

at 16th I went to "la experiencia roja" ( the red Experience) with a lot of south american bands, no rock at all, then I went to see Ricky Martin (this was back in 98 when he wasnt gay and the france world cup craze was going on) the assitance was a shitload of people, I believe over 100000.
then metallica on the garage inc tour, dream theater, helloween, stratovarius of course, dream theater again, metallica again, Iron Maiden,Sonata Arctica...still there is so much to see.
other than that a lot of local bands, and stuff.
A9

Ricardo1701

Post by Ricardo1701 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:35 pm

My first concert was Alice Cooper in 2007, at the end of that concert, I got a guitar pick from the bassist that a roadie threw...

after that, in 2008 I watched Nightwish live, and last year was my first Stratovarius concert, in this one, the only person in front of me was Jens Johansson...

This year I saw the Megadeth Rust In Peace tour

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 am

adrian9 wrote:...then I went to see Ricky Martin (this was back in 98 when he wasnt gay and the france world cup craze was going on) the assitance was a shitload of people, I believe over 100000.
Don't try to hide behind France's World Cup, you went to see Ricky Martin :rotflmao2:
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:35 am

yeah, why not? he is a talented entretainer and back then, he was in his prime ( I think the show was a post-grammy) , to this day ,I still think the cup of life is the best world cup song ever.
A9

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:11 am

I agree too, and I have no doubt he's a very talented man...But you went to see Ricky Martin no matter what you say :rotflmao2:!
|StratoFan Forever|

Susie

Post by Susie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:35 am

:lol: You all love Rata Blanca.... WHY???

Image :cry:

Adrian: You went to the first Metallica concert here????? ***Chamo te odio**** :pop: I went to the 2nd one :beer:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Because Rata Blanca, for latin-americans, is the msot recognized nowadays. Besides, I listen to them since "El Camino Del Fuego" and I always loved their material (except for that "VII" thing, that was awful)

And because of this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DZPQruy2Q8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DZPQruy2Q8?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Recognize the keyboards people :D?
|StratoFan Forever|

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:09 am

:err: No, para mí es HO....

too many tiaras in the ground... :oops: ****no ofence****

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:56 pm

HO? Are you on something :D?
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Susie wrote: Adrian: You went to the first Metallica concert here????? ***Chamo te odio**** :pop: I went to the 2nd one :beer:
yeah and I was grounded because of bad year in school ***con todo y eso reuni los 160bs creo que costaba la entrada o eran 90..no me acuerdo y fui con un pana, brutal***
A9

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Hahaha and my mon didn't let me go to that show :lol: 'cause she was afraid of the crowd - moshpit and stuff...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am

She was right somehow :lol:. When they came here last year, the show was brutal (literally) and I ended up destroyed...But hell it was a motherfucking awesome show :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

Susie

Post by Susie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:29 am

:lol: when I saw them I ended up half naked :lol: and survived :) :lol: