Wikileaks bitch-slaps the world in the nuts...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Are you ok with this?

Yes
65%
Go fuck yourself
35%

Total votes: 26

AGAG
Wikileaks bitch-slaps the world in the nuts...

Post by AGAG » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:57 pm

And just 471 cables to date :lol:

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/
---...---

NeonVomit

Re: Wikileaks bitch-slaps the world in the nuts...

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:31 pm

I like how Sarah Palin called it 'treason'.

I think it's hilarious.

"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Why is anyone surprised by the Saudis' take on Iran? Everyone knows they hate each other and it's basically out in the open that Iran wants to overtake Saudi Arabia as the major power in the region.

And again, I don't think anyone is surprised that China is totally sick and tired of having to deal with N Korea.

Not so much secrets, more like confirming stuff we already knew.

Still, a great read.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm personally looking forward to those 1,194 from El Salvador; since these things are from the 60's onward it may give blatant proof on the US involvement on the civil war in the 80's. Not that a single soul here still gives a shit. It's just for the giggles :bounce2:
---...---

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:18 pm

2233 in Buenos Aires :shock:?! WTF?!
|StratoFan Forever|

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:26 pm

A lot of dirty laundry is being aired out in public now. Hopefully a bunch of war crimes indictments will come out of it :D

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Ooh, there must be some seriously dirty stuff in there... even Interpol want this guy on a 'sex crimes charge' (which, if memory serves, he was arrested for a couple of months ago and then released without charge after a few hours because there wasn't a shred of evidence).

I don't think one person has ever managed to piss off so many world governments at the same time to such a degree :D I'm loving every second of this!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:37 pm

NeonVomit wrote:I don't think one person has ever managed to piss off so many world governments at the same time to such a degree :D I'm loving every second of this!
I'm planning to join Wikileaks, if it allows me to bother everybody in the world :D! But I don't see the profit of this site anyway :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Mehida

Post by Mehida » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:23 pm

God bless Wikileaks.
Time has come for all those corrupt bastards without scruples.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:57 pm

I've been following this with a great, ear-to-ear grin on my face. I doubt any truly serious damage has been caused by this (but then what do I know) just many people being embarrassed, most of whom I believe had it coming anyway. :D

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:52 pm

99% of what was published isn't new or particularly surprising, but it's still not OK to steal confidential documents. There's a reason why those documents are confidential ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:59 pm

No documents were stolen.

And if things were supposed to be classified, then bloody well make sure they're not read by anyone else. Stunning lack of security across the world.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Yeah, most of that stuff was suspected anyway. nothing THAT surprising. :wink:
Don't be surprised if the guy who runs/owns that site mysteriously disappears forever, or is found with a bullet in his head, though. :wink:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Don't be surprised if the guy who runs/owns that site mysteriously disappears forever, or is found with a bullet in his head, though. :wink:
That will eventually happen, otherwise he'll be the luckiest guy in the entire world :D
|StratoFan Forever|

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Sorry to make another post, but I've jus read something:
La política argentina al desnudo: Ex colaboradores de los Kirchner realizaron duras críticas a la pareja presidencial, según mensajes diplomáticos estadounidenses obtenidos por WikiLeaks.
Translated: Ex-colaborators of Kirchner (president of Argentina) made harsh critics to the presidential couple, according to american diplomatic messages obtained via WikiLeaks

I'm SO loving this guy now :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:56 am

I support this completely. This is how democracy should work. Everyone must know what the people making laws are doing. And as far as I know, the leaks do not pose any threat to US security. It's what it has been done, not what will be done. :)

I can't wait for the next leak: Banks. :P

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:05 am

Whatever ..... it must be good for investigative journalists... :roll:

:lol: In one of our states someone named his /hers little new born child WIKILEAKS.... :pop:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 am

ggonza43 wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Don't be surprised if the guy who runs/owns that site mysteriously disappears forever, or is found with a bullet in his head, though. :wink:
That will eventually happen, otherwise he'll be the luckiest guy in the entire world :D
He is already on the lam. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A movie should be made about this! :pop:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:

I can't wait for the next leak: Banks. :P
The secret's out with them, the whole financial meltdown sort of outed them as not actually having any money. The fact that their CEOs still make outrageous paypackets and get bonuses that could purchase a small country sort of shows the level of contempt they have for the rest of the financial system, as well as the sheer sense of helplessness that us little guys have to deal with. The system came to the brink of collapse, was bailed out by the taxpayer, and then they go straight back to their old habits. Just goes to show, I guess.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm

NeonVomit wrote:No documents were stolen.

And if things were supposed to be classified, then bloody well make sure they're not read by anyone else. Stunning lack of security across the world.
So the Wikileaks guy just found them on the street?
And the lack of security is not a valid reason to steal. If you are stupid enough to leave you apartment open and leave, it's still not OK to steal something from it.
I support this completely. This is how democracy should work. Everyone must know what the people making laws are doing. And as far as I know, the leaks do not pose any threat to US security. It's what it has been done, not what will be done.
Don't confuse democracy with anarchy.
And I still believe that diplomacy is best done confidentially.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:56 pm

They didn't steal documents. They accessed databases of communications, which were left incredibly exposed.

And while these people managed to access the information and then published it, just take a minute to think about how many other people, with far more evil motives, could have also accessed that information. Bit of a wakeup call, methinks.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:59 pm

NeonVomit wrote:And while these people managed to access the information and then published it, just take a minute to think about how many other people, with far more evil motives, could have also accessed that information. Bit of a wakeup call, methinks.
And what if the one that had found those documents used them for "evil" purposes? I think they were just lucky that the one who filtred this information isn't making a profit of this

But I agree with BEG, this needs a movie :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm

NeonVomit wrote:They didn't steal documents. They accessed databases of communications, which were left incredibly exposed.

And while these people managed to access the information and then published it, just take a minute to think about how many other people, with far more evil motives, could have also accessed that information. Bit of a wakeup call, methinks.
Interestingly, if i remember, the laws of Sweden are rather strange in this regard, which is probably why Assange desired to become a Swedish resident.

If I remember it right, the identity of a confidential source to a news story is protected even if that person committed a crime when getting the information.

I stole a copy of die Welt yesterday in the hotel lobby in Langen so i could have something to read while going on a four hour train hell ride to pick up a spare keyboard module.. it said in die Welt that there are also leaks pending publication on some Wall Street actors?

This is the first I saw of it... why hasn't this been in general media yet? Or did i just miss it? Have had a few quite hectic days and bad internets.

That could be really fucking explosive stuff.... :lol:

http://www.welt.de/print/welt_kompakt/p ... isier.html

Gheers from cozy and warm backstage in Hof ter Lo with giant and yummy Internets

(as opposed to the puny and truly, truly pitiful internets in Stadthalle Langen)

edit: english original. why is this not bigger news??!

http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2 ... e-secrets/

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:32 pm

JensJohansson wrote:This is the first I saw of it... why hasn't this been in general media yet? Or did i just miss it? Have had a few quite hectic days and bad internets.
The goverments are pressuring the media not to show this, as it may be a real "bomb" in the local news showing how inappropiate the security of this kind of information is, but some places in internet are showing this information...I actually found about this when some local news from the MSN's "Today News" at the messenger said that some of this documents at WikiLeaks were "showing the true face" of the local goverment

This guy is a genius if you think of it :D
|StratoFan Forever|

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:39 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:This is the first I saw of it... why hasn't this been in general media yet? Or did i just miss it? Have had a few quite hectic days and bad internets.
The goverments are pressuring the media not to show this, as it may be a real "bomb" in the local news showing how inappropiate the security of this kind of information is, but some places in internet are showing this information...I actually found about this when some local news from the MSN's "Today News" at the messenger said that some of this documents at WikiLeaks were "showing the true face" of the local goverment

This guy is a genius if you think of it :D
He will be a dead genius if he's not careful! :)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:37 am

JensJohansson wrote:I stole a copy of die Welt yesterday in the hotel lobby in Langen so i could have something to read while going on a four hour train hell ride to pick up a spare keyboard module.. it said in die Welt that there are also leaks pending publication on some Wall Street actors?
It's been all over the press, people have been working themselves into a frenzy over it. Over here, of course, the biggest news is that everyone in the US government hates Prince Andrew (who is apparently incredibly rude), how the US thinks the British army has made a mess of their role in Afghanistan, how China is sick of N Korea and would welcome a unified Korea with a 'benign alliance' with the US, Saudi Arabia was trying to convince the US to bomb Iran, and so forth.

This is just the stuff that's been generally released, only four publications have been given the whole lot so they're probably taking the time to filter through it for the tasty bits (a lot of it is pretty mundane, such as how weddings in Dagestan are big business) and then probably calling in favours to not release stuff, etc.

I have a feeling the real 'bombs' will be kept under wraps, the amount of diplomatic scrambling behind the scenes must be insane.

Hope you got the keyboard module!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:01 am

NeonVomit wrote:I have a feeling the real 'bombs' will be kept under wraps, the amount of diplomatic scrambling behind the scenes must be insane.
Kind of late, at least in here. The goverment was unmasked so bad that they don't know how to cover their asses at all :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:28 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:And while these people managed to access the information and then published it, just take a minute to think about how many other people, with far more evil motives, could have also accessed that information. Bit of a wakeup call, methinks.
And what if the one that had found those documents used them for "evil" purposes? I think they were just lucky that the one who filtred this information isn't making a profit of this

But I agree with BEG, this needs a movie :lol:
Now 2 women have came forth accusing julian Assauge of rape. This poor man is up shit creek without a paddle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:43 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Now 2 women have came forth accusing julian Assauge of rape. This poor man is up shit creek without a paddle! :lol: :lol: :lol:
More like paddling in fresh concret :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Now 2 women have came forth accusing julian Assauge of rape. This poor man is up shit creek without a paddle! :lol: :lol: :lol:
More like paddling in fresh concret :lol:
I'm sure alot of those people who were inferred in those leaks would love to stick his feet in concrete! :lol: And dump him 20 miles out in the Atlantic, Soprano-style. :lol: