Tour Kick Off Update ?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
ggonza43
Re: Tour Kick Off Update ?

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Yeah, when he sang with Sammet in "Avantasia", I had to be honest that I didn't recognize him until I found out he actually was there :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Gilles

Post by Gilles » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Jabi wrote:
adrian9 wrote:set list! :x
Being the opening act, Stratovarius have limited time to play and for that reason I'm not overly surprised they chose to play mostly "hits".

Even though HHAL & Eagleheart in the same set doesn't make much sense, to me HHAL, S.O.S and Eagleheart are practically the same song. :P
But kiss of judas is not a hit i thinks... and i thinks so many don't want to hear it live anymore....
Well, i saw them in Quebec and Montreal in September 2009.. and they were headliner and there was 13 song.
In Montreal they added Higher We go because i asked Mathias at the meet and greet :D

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:15 pm

I think new Stratovarius lineup should just play songs from elysium and polaris. We will see how the fans will react. :)

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Play the whole Elysium album live...Amazing idea.. :shock:

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Kosmo wrote:Play the whole Elysium album live...Amazing idea.. :shock:
Question is: could new lineup survive on recent material? How far would they go without playing songs written by Tolkki, that evil guy who cannot do anything right that you all hate. :)

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:22 pm

On this tour, yes. Since they're only the opening act.

And i don't have to like Tolkki's actions or him as a person to enjoy his music.
I've never met the man, he could be very nice and i'm sure he is.

But after the stuff that happened in ealry 2000's, it's hard to take the man seriously.

He is a brilliant composer though.

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Kosmo wrote: I've never met the man, he could be very nice and i'm sure he is.
I have met him and he is quite nice and peaceful guy these days. He is focusing only on his music and his books and also other hobbies like photography and painting.
But after the stuff that happened in ealry 2000's, it's hard to take the man seriously.
Most of it is caused because he is diagnosed with Manic Depression. He has been taking lithium for his bipolar disorder and has not had a drop of alcohol in years. It is useless trolls who are slinging shit over old things while he concentrating on what truly matters: the music. Fucking hell! :)

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Tolkki is a very interesting person when you think about it. I didn't even know he has been alcohol free for years, that's great.

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Kosmo wrote:Tolkki is a very interesting person when you think about it.
Yes, he is very interesting guy. Reminding me of Ritchie Blackmore, in many ways. A unique individual.
I didn't even know he has been alcohol free for years, that's great.
And I hear he is jogging everyday in the beautiful finnish nature and has a fresh outlook on life. We will see how it affect Symfonia but I think fans are in for something quite new....

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Symfonia's music seems to be very positive and uplifting, or atleast that's the picture i'm starting to get.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:09 am

Auto therapy, cool.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:46 am

It's nice to read that TT is getting well progressively, and I'm sure he and Symfonia will rock. On the other hand, Stratovarius will rock too no matter what assholes like Sumerian say. They are both gonna be great bands from now on
|StratoFan Forever|

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Black Diamond in Langen)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BIyj4-50C8g?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BIyj4-50C8g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:46 pm

The white longsleeve arm on the left front is mine :D

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 pm

I am just a fan, and this is simply my writing of my opinion. But I am hearing these live clips of Kotipelto and fucking hell, he can't sing anymore. It is obvious he is not the right guy for the band and it is time for a new "voice" to give a fresh energy. It is already not Stratovarius anyway so it will not make a great difference. :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:32 am

Sumerian wrote:I am just a fan, and this is simply my writing of my opinion. But I am hearing these live clips of Kotipelto and fucking hell, he can't sing anymore. It is obvious he is not the right guy for the band and it is time for a new "voice" to give a fresh energy. It is already not Stratovarius anyway so it will not make a great difference. :)
Come on, you've GOT to be kidding :x!!
|StratoFan Forever|