Darkest Hours or Infernal Maze?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Which one do you prefer?

Darkest Hours
22%
Infernal Maze
78%

Total votes: 50

RazielSR
Darkest Hours or Infernal Maze?

Post by RazielSR » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 am

These are the first two complete songs we have from Elysium. Which one do you prefer?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

ggonza43

Re: Darkest Hours or Infernal Maze?

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:44 am

I have to go with Infernal Maze. I mean, Darkest Hours is great, but Infernal Maze got my attention right after I heard it :D
|StratoFan Forever|

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 am

OFFTOPIC:
Raziel you have the image of Relentless, have you heard "Into Valhalla" of Malmsteen's new album.
Has this songs a stranges things in the intro?

ON TOPIC:
Darkest Hours has an excellent melody and harmony, but is a power metal song near melodic metal, instead Infernal Maze is very complex, is a "DARK PROGRESSIVE POWER METAL" song with tempo changes, nonlinear harmonies that are perfect with the melody and the voice of Kotipelto is very interesting.
From 1:30 to the refrain he has a powerful voice like James LaBrie, that is very excellent with the chasing power of the Kupiainen and Porra's harmonies.
The refrain has also the falsetto, so Kotipelto in this song like Fabio Lione of Rhapsody is a "virtuoso singer".
Last but not least the solo has an alternation and an interval between two notes in the keyboard part that makes it very special, incisive, technical, complete and perfect.

VOTES:
Infernal Maze 10/10
Darkest Hours 9.25/10

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:37 am

I did not like either song. Something sounds off to my ears and it is obvious the band is trying to reinvent them self while magic is gone. They should have changed their name after Tolkki left the band.

In this case it is an infernal maze of shit.

But of course I can be dead wrong and it is just my opinion. :)

I am excited in my waiting for new Symfonia album which will carry the stratovarius legacy to new heights. I also hear Tolkki will write a Black Diamond Pt. 2 with supergroup lineup, because he cares about his fans.

ext0l

Post by ext0l » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:46 am

Sumerian wrote:I did not like either song. Something sounds off to my ears and it is obvious the band is trying to reinvent them self while magic is gone. They should have changed their name after Tolkki left the band.

I am excited in my waiting for new Symfonia album which will carry the stratovarius legacy to new heights. I also hear Tolkki will write a Black Diamond Pt. 2 with supergroup lineup, because he cares about his fans.
Clearly, you are not sophisticated enough to comprehend 'Darkest Hours' or 'Infernal Maze'

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:53 am

OK, we got it Sumerian: You like Tolkki, you don't like Stratovarius. Now I'm more than sure you're a stupid troll with no life at all. Dude, I feel so pity for you
|StratoFan Forever|

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:32 am

ggonza43 wrote:OK, we got it Sumerian: You like Tolkki, you don't like Stratovarius. Now I'm more than sure you're a stupid troll with no life at all. Dude, I feel so pity for you
Look around and see who are the fucking trolls. I simply write my opinion and get called with names. Childish but what to expect from this left behind forum. This would never happen in symfonia.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 am

Sumerian wrote:I did not like either song. Something sounds off to my ears and it is obvious the band is trying to reinvent them self while magic is gone. They should have changed their name after Tolkki left the band.

Timo man, I want to believe in you, that you can concentrate on just the music, but don't name the song "Black Diamond Pt. II", the biggest criticism I hear about Symfonia is that you can't let go of the past. Blind Guardian and Helloween are beloved because they can reinvent themselves, Blind Guardian became famous for speed metal, so they slowed down and focused more on melody and the stacatto technique, people loved it and hated it, so they introduced more epic songwriting, and a story. People loved it and hated it, and then they made it even bigger, more epic, and moved away from speed metal. Some loved it, some hated it. Every album its something new, and that's why they're brilliant.

It's the same thing with Helloween, it's never as extreme, and not every album, but they've had to reinvent themselves countless times, and that's what keeps the music fresh. Even if it sounds like Stratovarius, don't be so obvious, you're a great musician and I really believe you can make great music that isn't just "Stratovarius pt. II"

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:28 am

Sumerian wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:OK, we got it Sumerian: You like Tolkki, you don't like Stratovarius. Now I'm more than sure you're a stupid troll with no life at all. Dude, I feel so pity for you
Look around and see who are the fucking trolls.
He is pointing at me :err:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:09 am

Rebel wrote:

Timo man, I want to believe in you, that you can concentrate on just the music, but don't name the song "Black Diamond Pt. II", the biggest criticism I hear about Symfonia is that you can't let go of the past. Blind Guardian and Helloween are beloved because they can reinvent themselves, Blind Guardian became famous for speed metal, so they slowed down and focused more on melody and the stacatto technique, people loved it and hated it, so they introduced more epic songwriting, and a story. People loved it and hated it, and then they made it even bigger, more epic, and moved away from speed metal. Some loved it, some hated it. Every album its something new, and that's why they're brilliant.

It's the same thing with Helloween, it's never as extreme, and not every album, but they've had to reinvent themselves countless times, and that's what keeps the music fresh. Even if it sounds like Stratovarius, don't be so obvious, you're a great musician and I really believe you can make great music that isn't just "Stratovarius pt. II"

Rebel, the most incredible thing is that people here speaks with "Sumerian" like if he wasn't who really is :lol: :lol:

What "Sumerian" doesn't know is that many people is laughing his ass off in forums about Symfonia, mainly because many people think that they are almost forgotten musicians that are trying to get some money makin the same formula again. That's what he doesn't know. That, and that if somebody is interested in Symfonia, is mainly the Stratovarius fans. Stratovarius shadow will always pursuit him, always. I'm really interested in Symfonia, but seeing this man saying these things, my interest is almost gone, seriously.

KupiainenItaly: Strange...well, what's not strange in Malmsteen songs where suddenly strange and unexpected incredible solos appears? What do you mean?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:59 am

so it seems that Infernal Maze is gonna win. Darkest hours is a very very good song, perfect for a single I would say. But seems that Infernal Maze is a better song to listen over and over again.

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Excuse me for my frankness, but the intro to "Into Vahlalla" is equal to that of Black Diamond!

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Darkest Hours!!!! Awesome chorus!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Sumerian wrote:
Look around and see who are the fucking trolls. I simply write my opinion and get called with names. Childish but what to expect from this left behind forum. This would never happen in symfonia.
Would you please shut up?! I'm tired of your egocentrism and your "Stratovarius is history, Symfonia is the future" thoughts! Maybe Tolkki will make awesome music, like he used to compose, but you have to admit that Stratovarius nowadays is better than the last period when TT was in the band. And maybe they might never have that power as they used to have back in 1996, but after all the problems they had, the band is still rocking our minds. If you were a real fan, you would be OK with this
|StratoFan Forever|

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 pm

ggonza43 wrote: And maybe they might never have that power as they used to have back in 1996, but after all the problems they had, the band is still rocking our minds. If you were a real fan, you would be OK with
I am real fan because I can see that Stratovarius legacy ended when Timo Tolkki left the band. And I can tell Symfonia record will bring back the magic of the old days. You will see for yourself as I have heard the demos and they are quite fantastic.
Maybe Tolkki will make awesome music, like he used to compose, but you have to admit that Stratovarius nowadays is better than the last period when TT was in the band.this
You can compare "When Mountains Fall" to Forever? :)
Or is "Somehow Precious" at same level of "Black Diamond"? I just write my opinions. Fucking hell! :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:37 pm

"Somehow Precious" with "Black Diamond"?! Those 2 aren't even close to be similar! Gosh, you're so irritaiting!
|StratoFan Forever|

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:38 pm

ggonza43 wrote:"Somehow Precious" with "Black Diamond"?! Those 2 aren't even close to be similar! Gosh, you're so irritaiting![/code]
Yes, that is exactly my message. New Stratovarius sound is so far off from classic days that it is dishonest for the fans. That is why Timo Tolkki has left, because he cares about the fans. Fuck, why must I repeat myself all day??

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Because you can't defend with anything else. While most users here state different things about the same topic, you just keep coming to say "Symfonia is the legacy of Stratovarius" and "Stratovarius shouldn't have carried the band with that name" and "Stratovarius is Tolkki"
|StratoFan Forever|

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:43 pm

ggonza43 wrote:Because you can't defend with anything else. While most users here state different things about the same topic, you just keep coming to say "Symfonia is the legacy of Stratovarius" and "Stratovarius shouldn't have carried the band with that name" and "Stratovarius is Tolkki"
I will say the truth until my dying moments. :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Then hope to die soon, as you're gradually going down
|StratoFan Forever|

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just fell from my chair, Harvester! You are persistent, to say the least.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey sis, do you actually know who this "being" is?
|StratoFan Forever|

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 pm

:lol: :lol: Yes little brother! I have argued with him before. Once he told me to flush myself in the toilet, and his usual advice is that I should fuck myself...Butt I can't help that I laugh hysterically everytime he is here... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Yeah, it's kind of fun if you're the one reading as an outsider :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:20 pm

:lol: I think he is outstanding. Whatever you say he has the same answer. Fuck you or go to hell! He has his OPINION and we all know by now that he hates Strato and that this is his right in this world to do so. Butt he is hilarious, deaf and blind...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Maybe for you, I find him very irritaiting :?
|StratoFan Forever|

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:12 pm

:lol: :lol: Try to see him from the bright side and you must laugh too. He loves himself and he can't come over what he lost... :cry:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Very true, besides what I enjoy most of this is when he's out of the forum and you can hear to nothing but the sound of birds outside :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:55 pm

:shock: :shock: You can hear him? I can't! Damn! How do you do that? And Birds. What? Here are only crows and they don't sing at all now. And snow don't sing so much either! Lucky you! I would have loved to hear Sumerian...

Susie

Post by Susie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Oh I can't decide :roll:

I keep them both :oops: