Arizona Rep. Giffords shot in the head.

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
robocop656
Re: Arizona Rep. Giffords shot in the head.

Post by robocop656 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 am

It's the most famous debate against Atheists. HITLER WAS ATHEIST!

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:49 am

miditek wrote:
Of course this is true that poverty also causes crime, but the correlation is clear. Non-religian morality is equally or even often better than religian (like in Canada)

Secular regimes have committed some of the most monstrous crimes in history- from the Chancellery to the Kremlin, and at many points in between.
We have no instrument for measuring all the good and evil secular and religious people have done. The question of which camp is more moral keeps popping up, but it's quite clear that it's unanswerable.

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 am

Hello everyone, this is Arnold. You know, from Leeds. I am lost on the internet. How do I find my way back?? HELLP!!!!

Arnold Layne

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 am

Yes, it's becoming more and more stupid discussion.

BBBBBBBBBB

Post by BBBBBBBBBB » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:52 am

Arnold Layne wrote:Hello everyone, this is Arnold. You know, from Leeds. I am lost on the internet. How do I find my way back?? HELLP!!!!

Arnold Layne
Jump off a bridge!!

Arnold Layne :shock:
whaleoilbeefhooked

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:54 am

Carcass wrote:
miditek wrote:
Of course this is true that poverty also causes crime, but the correlation is clear. Non-religian morality is equally or even often better than religian (like in Canada)

Secular regimes have committed some of the most monstrous crimes in history- from the Chancellery to the Kremlin, and at many points in between.
We have no instrument for measuring all the good and evil secular and religious people have done. The question of which camp is more moral keeps popping up, but it's quite clear that it's unanswerable.
You may have a point there, but the line between good and evil should be quite clear to most people. It's called having a conscience. Both the left and the right are trying to get political points from the shooting in AZ, which makes pundits on both sides equally despicable.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 pm

pneumonia wrote:Yes, it's becoming more and more stupid discussion.
Are you hungry? Why don't you take a seat?
ImageImage

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:22 pm

miditek wrote:

Conclusion: people are dicks, whatever they believe in.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:28 pm

The shooter is Jared Loughner. He likes Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto (whaaaat a combo).

A pothead with an anarchist crazy mind? Perhaps.

There's a video he made of a dark figure burning the American flag.

We're all concerned with politicians blaming each other, but shooting people isn't gonna solve anything. I'll say let's fund an independent party under the name of Robocop! :roll:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:57 pm

miditek wrote:
Carcass wrote:
miditek wrote:

You may have a point there, but the line between good and evil should be quite clear to most people. It's called having a conscience. Both the left and the right are trying to get political points from the shooting in AZ, which makes pundits on both sides equally despicable.
The "Political Points" that liberals are trying to make are that our culture takes violence FAR too seriously, especially within politics. While this kid might not be affiliated with any major party, he is however a symptom of a hateful political climate. Gun Violence in particular is an extremely casual matter in political rhetoric and that's working its way into the minds of Americans, the crazies first.

I mean, maybe a few years ago, we could all hear this stuff and laugh it off, because we think that "It'll never happen", but take a look at this now, in light of recent events, and tell me you still think this is appropriate
http://mediamatters.org/research/200505180008

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 pm

I mean, maybe a few years ago, we could all hear this stuff and laugh it off, because we think that "It'll never happen"

Oh, really?

I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

I shouted out,
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me

There's really nothing "new" in regards to what's going on in the country right now. The Pima County sheriff blaming "free speech" for the outrage, even though there are now reports that the shooter was already under investigation for calling in threats against local officials.

Sort of reminds me when Obungler called on people to "punish" their "enemies" when he was pushing through Obamacare, despite the fact that the majority of voters were against it.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Rebel wrote:
miditek wrote:
Carcass wrote:
miditek wrote:

Glenn Beck is an idiot, too. He may have several degrees, served in countless wars but still with that attitude he is a cold-hearted, judgmental, self-righteous prick idiot.
And, about Obamacare. We are already paying for folks bills who cannot financially pay for them. Every state has a type of bailout for hospitals who have unpaid bills on their books. More and more people are running up unpaid hospital and medical bills because they cannot pay. I don't know if some people realize it but half the people in USA are in bad, I mean TERRIBLE financial shape. And it STARTED during Bush's administration.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:57 pm

miditek wrote:
I mean, maybe a few years ago, we could all hear this stuff and laugh it off, because we think that "It'll never happen"

Oh, really?

I watched with glee
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

I shouted out,
When after all
It was you and me

There's really nothing "new" in regards to what's going on in the country right now. The Pima County sheriff blaming "free speech" for the outrage, even though there are now reports that the shooter was already under investigation for calling in threats against local officials.

Sort of reminds me when Obungler called on people to "punish" their "enemies" when he was pushing through Obamacare, despite the fact that the majority of voters were against it.
Republicans who didn't condemn the glorification of murder from people like Sharon Angle and Glenn Beck have no right to distance themselves from someone who did what they all talked about doing.

miditek

Post by miditek » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:05 am

Rebel wrote:
miditek wrote:

Oh, really?

I watched with glee
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

I shouted out,
When after all
It was you and me

Republicans who didn't condemn the glorification of murder from people like Sharon Angle and Glenn Beck have no right to distance themselves from someone who did what they all talked about doing.
Just like Obama cabinet officials that praise, Mao, for instance? I've yet to see Beck glorify murder- got a link to one of his episodes on Fox News where he's doing that?

The left would love to use this as a Reichstag fire type of pretense to justify more political mischief- such as restrictions on both the 1st and 2nd amendments. The reason why we have a 2nd amendment to begin with, is in the event that the government completely forgets that we have a 1st.

The left was spewing bullshit at the right for eight years during the Bush 42 administration. Fuck them, and no need for them to start crying now. The only thing that is going to solve the differences between the left and the right is another civil war. If you'd bought stock in Speer or Remington ten years ago, you'd be a millionaire today.

One of the more amusing ironies of this entire saga is the fact that the shooter has been descibed as a dope-smoking lefty by his former college classmates!
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:12 am

miditek wrote:
Just like Obama cabinet officials that praise, Mao, for instance? I've yet to see Beck glorify murder- got a link to one of his episodes on Fox News where he's doing that?
Did you open that link a few posts up?

The left was spewing bullshit at the right for eight years during the Bush 42 administration. Fuck them, and no need for them to start crying now. The only thing that is going to solve the differences between the left and the right is another civil war. If you'd bought stock in Speer or Remington ten years ago, you'd be a millionaire today.
The difference is those are fringe elements, not party leaders.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:03 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:The shooter is Jared Loughner. He likes Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto (whaaaat a combo).
I read some Marquis de Sade once... and of course I rape 14 years old on my monastery when I am bored.

But, oh, Mein Kampf... one of the things I have to do before I die is to read that thing in an original German edition :luv4:
---...---

Kecos

Post by Kecos » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:29 am

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:59 am

Kecos wrote:
miditek wrote:the fact that the majority of voters were against it.
[citation needed]
Damn you, Wikipedia!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:10 am

miditek wrote: One of the more amusing ironies of this entire saga is the fact that the shooter has been descibed as a dope-smoking lefty by his former college classmates!
Agreed. Quite ironic that the perpetrator turned out to be a liberal atheist, but the "hate-mongering conservatives" still get blamed.

But really, liberal or not, I can't understand how anyone could make a political issue out of this. The guy was clearly deranged. His political affiliations are no more consequential than the standard deviation of the length of his pubic hairs. :roll:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Again, people are dicks regardless of what they believe, as they feel it justifies them using the deaths of innocent people for a political end.

This guy is clearly off his head in any case.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:08 pm

This thread is now CSPAN.
Also, why do politics get miditek so riled up? Was he raised in the house of representatives? The only time you see that guy is when somebody posts this BULLSHIT.

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:20 pm

robocop656 wrote:Was he raised in the house of representatives?
LOL!

Arnold Layne

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:52 am

NeonVomit wrote:Again, people are dicks regardless of what they believe, as they feel it justifies them using the deaths of innocent people for a political end.

This guy is clearly off his head in any case.
Yep. He killed a 9 year old girl, an 89 year old woman, etc. people who had nothing to do with politics. I think he was just nuts, too. But, the authorities did find a bunch of right-wing conspiracy theory junk in his room, and on his computer. And a paper where he mentioned assassination against the congresswoman he shot.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 pm

robocop656 wrote:It's the most famous debate against Atheists. HITLER WAS ATHEIST!
I'm quoting myself. :red: :red: :red:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:42 pm

robocop656 wrote:
robocop656 wrote:It's the most famous debate against Atheists. HITLER WAS ATHEIST!

propaganda, Hitler did that purely to scapegoat someone for The Great War

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah, I know. Just thought this would stir up the pot of shit we are brewing here. :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:
P.S. Should have said that to midiboy when he quoted hitler before.

:red: :red: :red: :red: :red:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:54 pm

I'm gobsmacked. I've gone arse over tit posting like shrek in a frock. We will have ourselves a Benny.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Palin's official response.

http://vimeo.com/18698532

She claims to be the victim of a manufactured 'blood libel'....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and with the aid of a bit of research and some barefaced plagarism I reveal these gems:
The term blood libel is generally used to mean the false accusation that Jews murder Christian children to use their blood in religious rituals, in particular the baking of matzos for passover.
I've never heard of that....
That false claim was circulated for centuries to incite anti-Semitism and justify violent pogroms against Jews. Ms. Palin’s use of the phrase in her video, which helped make the video rapidly go viral, is attracting criticism, not least because Ms. Giffords, who remains in critical condition in a Tucson hospital, is Jewish.
:lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:

It's as if she tries to be so spectacularly inept at dealing with anything.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B8xdterGWM4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B8xdterGWM4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:37 pm

DUDE! Arghonslent!HAHAAH. You racist bastard. A friend of mine was going to join that band before. The guy in the band is a school teacher :lol:

P.S.
Why wasn't this posted? :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile, at miditeks house,

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Rebel wrote:
robocop656 wrote:

propaganda, Hitler did that purely to scapegoat someone for The Great War
Precisely- even Hitler himself didn't like to admit how many Jews had been awarded the Iron Cross FC (First Class) during WWI. In the end, even the most highly decorated Jewish veterans were rounded up.

And unless I'm mistaken, I believe that I'd read reports that the Tuscon shooter himself is Jewish. Apparently, he left his home in Tuscon, Arizona, smoked some California grass, bought a Glock, and then freaked the fuck out.

So much for the Tea Party theories....
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;