To entertain the crowds

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
To entertain the crowds

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:49 am

And to create some of the most interesting bootlegs ever. Seriously guys, I know it sucks not having Timo to sing, but next show if he's not better, the 4 of you should do your best to try and fill the void with instrumentals, jams, solo-offs, and maybe give the other 4 guys a chance to sing (Not too much though). It's not something you would ever do at a regular show, but it HAS to be better than just sitting in the band bus doing nothing. If you guys have fun (And how could you not), maybe have Lauri record some of it and put it up as a "Tour in Progress". I mean, it can't possibly be any more awful then just having fans stand around doing nothing?

Arkash

Re: To entertain the crowds

Post by Arkash » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:47 am

Yeah, true!!!!
I was really hoping for something like that when they said Timo couldnt sing!!!
A jam, maybe improvisations, or some of the old instrumentals... they could rehearse them!!!!
And yeah, having the rest of the band trying to sing could be really funny!!!
But out of 5, 4 members of the band were ready and okay to play, they could have done something at least!!!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:17 am

sing some of the old instrumentals

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 am

Yes please, at least something. I want to see you in Madrid! Last year was amazing. Shit, I feel sorry for the people in France. Let's hope, let's hope to see Timo well soon!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 am

I guess the contract says whole band plays.. i mean if they already made deal where BAND plays. Dunno, but yeah.. it would be great to hear something more than just statement there heh, like signing autographs sessions and those instrumental plays ect.

behemoth

Post by behemoth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:55 am

Yeah, you're right, usually contracts imply the whole band playing. But they also specify that if you don't play you're not getting paid.

As there hasnt been any refund for the audience, I guess it's a big benefit for the producers :twisted:

And all in all, from the band point of view, I'm pretty sure they don't want the crowd to watch them a little bit "weak". They have to conquer the french audience (some years ago they were playing in front of 5000 people, nowadays they're openers for helloween in 1500 people venue), and have to promote Elysium decently.
If they were only in front of strato fans, I guess they should have done something, but they had to be at their best in front of "new" audience.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:53 pm

If they were only in front of strato fans, I guess they should have done something, but they had to be at their best in front of "new" audience.
The funny thing is that, at least, in Paris, there were more Strato shirts and Strato fans than Helloween's...

behemoth

Post by behemoth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Are you sure of that? I thought the reaction of the audience when Timo made the announcement was a little bit "shy". And nobody left the venue after that (ok, maybe because everybody has paid 30€ :p ).

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Some did left...well, the video is not really good, but trust me, there were a lot of applause and a huge ovation for Jörg!!!!

behemoth

Post by behemoth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 pm

I was there too !
There were a bunch of people applausing, mostly into the pit.
To be honest, we can't say the whole crowd became crazy when the band made the statement.
It was warm and respectful, but saying most of the people were there for Strato... It's an overstatement.

If they were alone, they could not fullfill elysée montmartre. That's a pity but that's reality.
They definitly will do it in the future, but there's still a lot to do in France.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 pm

behemoth wrote:I was there too !
There were a bunch of people applausing, mostly into the pit.
To be honest, we can't say the whole crowd became crazy when the band made the statement.
It was warm and respectful, but saying most of the people were there for Strato... It's an overstatement.

If they were alone, they could not fullfill elysée montmartre. That's a pity but that's reality.
They definitly will do it in the future, but there's still a lot to do in France.
Not just in France, everywhere. From the scandals all we know, they lost a lot of respect. Now it seems step by step is growing again the interest in Stratovarius. In Polaris the interest was growing, now with Elysium I'm seeing all around a lot more interest. 10 years ago the band was capable to fill a lot of venues, it will be possible again soon.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 pm

I'll have to agree. At least play some cover songs.

Everyone is great at their instruments. I'm sure you guys can entertain the crowd with your shreddings. :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Even Jens christmas dissonance bonanza has to be better than just not playing.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I agree that for us Stratovarius fans some instrumentals would be much better than nothing! I'm having doubts about giving them a try at the vocals though :lol: I know Lauri can sing, but definitely not at TK's pitch ;) and I don't know about the rest, so... better not :lol: But if I had to choose between nothing and an hour with four of my favourite musicians (and I hope I'm speaking absolutely hypothetically now cause I try to force myself not to fear that they have to cancel all the rest and also Balingen), what can I say... :)

But still, I also think it wouldn't work in this lineup, in contract terms they can't perform their duty as support as required, and in terms of heating up the audience I think it wouldn't work well either... I mean, as a Helloween fan I guess I'd rather have the first support band and the main band play a song or two more ;)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 pm

Contract or not, it would be very entertaining, interesting and funny at the same time to see that...But I think it's highly unlikely that will ever happen, even though most of us want to see something like that, the fans' demand is different :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:44 pm

ggonza43 wrote:Contract or not, it would be very entertaining, interesting and funny at the same time to see that...But I think it's highly unlikely that will ever happen, even though most of us want to see something like that, the fans' demand is different :?
If this were just some stupid idle request, I'd understand, but right now, they can't do their "traditional" show, and the worst thing they could do (Aside from trying to make TK sing anyways) is just leave the fans disappointed. I think ideally if this will be a thing that will take a week or two, you maybe ask the singer for the opening band to fill in, but they have NOTHING to gain by not performing at all

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 pm

...And what if Deris sings :w00t:?!
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:46 pm

ggonza43 wrote:...And what if Deris sings :w00t:?!
I doubt it, but maybe? They have an hour to fill, do SOMETHING with it.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:50 pm

And what about people in the crowd? The show might be crappy, but what the hell :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:52 pm

ggonza43 wrote:And what about people in the crowd? The show might be crappy, but what the hell :lol:!
It's got to be better than not performing? So long as people know it's one part joke one part "We feel like we owe you at least SOME type of performance", I'm sure they'll understand

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 pm

From my point of view, interacting with the people while they play music can be entertaining. Like a musical stand-up show :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:59 pm

ggonza43 wrote:From my point of view, interacting with the people while they play music can be entertaining. Like a musical stand-up show :)
If you don't play, then you're bound to make some people angry, and anyone who is going to hold a "Bad show" against a band without a lead singer trying to entertain the crowd, will be angry no matter what the band does in that situation.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:06 am

Followed by his own show... he wouldnt last that long!!!

But I agree, it is a unique opportunity to focus on the four musicians!!!

By the way, the intro of "Occasion avenue" is the best intro Helloween could have chosen!!!!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 am

Arkash wrote:
Followed by his own show... he wouldnt last that long!!!
I know, I was just fooling around. There's no such a man who can stand 2 shows in a row
|StratoFan Forever|

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 am

Well, technically some bands can stay more than two hours on stage (Kiss, the Naheulband, Manowar...), but, it's still is one show, indeed...
Two different shows would be really hard to stand!!!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 am

Arkash wrote:Two different shows would be really hard to stand!!!
Plus remembering and being aware of not mixing lyrics from both bands
|StratoFan Forever|

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 am

They can do what Gamma ray did in a few ocasions Kai was sick nd he got helped by A few singers like

Tobias Sammet
Chris Bay
Henning base

Stratovarius Could ask some singer to help the band im sure they would get many singers ready

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:45 am

Many would love to sing in Stratovarius, and even more to temporally replace a huge singer like TK is :)
|StratoFan Forever|

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:12 pm

they could get balu's cat to sing, many well trained and capable singers sound just like balu's cat.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:03 pm

icecab21 wrote:they could get balu's cat to sing, many well trained and capable singers sound just like balu's cat.
What the hell is wrong with you :w00t:?!
|StratoFan Forever|