Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
ggonza43
Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:55 pm

But if he's singing, I am happy to see he is loyal to his fans in order to sing despite his state, or worried about how this might make things worse :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:12 am

hiro23 wrote:Very true, I mean if TK can't sing I would think it would make sense to have a temporary replacement.
a temporary replacement??? NEVER... :x

That would not be Stratovarius :cry:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:59 am

Call up Pasi Rantanen.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:00 am

However it seems he is singing again so apparently the subject is moot now
metal feeds the beast

Paolofar

Post by Paolofar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm very happy Jorg is allright and back again in the band for the shows.
I am planning to see the show in Milano (Italy), but, since I'm going primarly for Stratovarius (and if it is sure the band won't play the gig, I'm not going at all because it's 3 hours in car), and I need to know if there is at least some hope to see the band on stage or if someone arleady know it's very improbable.

Sorry for my english and thanks a lot for the answers.

Ciao :)
I'd rather have a beer than win father of the year.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Paolofar wrote:I'm very happy Jorg is allright and back again in the band for the shows.
I am planning to see the show in Milano (Italy), but, since I'm going primarly for Stratovarius (and if it is sure the band won't play the gig, I'm not going at all because it's 3 hours in car), and I need to know if there is at least some hope to see the band on stage or if someone arleady know it's very improbable.

Sorry for my english and thanks a lot for the answers.

Ciao :)
What the hell is kuriggiu? :shock: :shock: :shock:
---...---

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:55 pm

It is a place where there are no women. It is a place where bears roam free. It is a place of hellish desires.

Paolofar

Post by Paolofar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Yes, all those things, and many more.

It seems the band was able to play a reduced setlist yesterday night, so I hope they will get better in the nexy days for the Italian shows.

I answered myself, thank you anyway.

PS contact me if you wanna do bear-watching in Kuriggiu.
I'd rather have a beer than win father of the year.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:32 am

I have high hopes that they will get through this one alright as well.
metal feeds the beast

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:44 am

Here's a vid from Bilbao, TK announcing he's gonna try to sing a shortened set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pPTR_G2cM
Judging from the rest of the vids, fans were more than glad to get at least anything. But somehow I doubt that he did himself a pleasure trying to sing so early, hope it didn't get worse by that :/ Hope he's fully recovered in a few days!

Edit: Considering his condition, he did really well!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whcN5Y_Jj9A
Must've been a hard fight.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 pm

It shows a lot of dedication to go singing in the condition that TK is in. But still I think he shouldn't do it.

When you listen to Winter Skies from the post above mine you'll hear that it is transposed down. But still TK has trouble singing it. I think he should rest and wait until his voice is back again. Otherwise maybe he will cause permanent damage on his vocal cords.

Edit: Black Diamond is also transposed down. After listening to that I'm sure he needs rest. I really think he'll ruin his voice if he keeps singing while his voice is still recovering.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:58 pm

TK: The fighter 8)!
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:03 pm

I agree, I admire the fact that TK doesn't want to let the fans down however at the same time I don't want him to do any permanent harm to himself
metal feeds the beast

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm

True: He doesn't need to force himself and push his voice to limits he knows he mustn't. If he feels comfortable with it, then I admire his determination :)
|StratoFan Forever|

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:06 am

Well, as you may know, on Saturday it was the show in La Riviera, Madrid, just like last year. Lurdi and I went there again.
The show was not very good and TK coudn't sing so much. He asked for help to the crowd and explained about his problem with the fucking bacteria.
The setlist was short, but we know the situation:

The kiss of Judas
Speed of Light
Winter Skies
Phoenix
Forever
Black Diamond
Stratosphere
Lauri Bass solo
Matias Guitar solo

At least they played and tried to enjoy the crowd. Timo was trying a lot, and the rest of the band played really well, as usual. TK thanked a lot the crowd cause we were all singing the songs, seriously, he almost coudn't.

On a positive note, Jörg was up there again with more energy than ever and the crowd got mad just supporting him. We were very happy.

On a negative note, we saw Matias and Lauri inside the venue, when Helloween was playing, and we soon noticed that they weren't (at least Lauri) willing to attend their fans. When they finished to sign two fans' cds we approached them just to take some pictures like always, and I took Lurdi one picture with Matias and Lauri, and when we were asking for one more with me, Lauri followed his path avoiding the situation without even saying bye because he didn't want to take more pictures. So I couldn't take any picture with him, Matias stayed at my side, really surprised for seeing Lauri's reaction and he apologized Lauri by saying he wanted to smoke a cigarette and looked how Matias dissapeared. Matias was cool and I took a picture with him.

I don't understand what happened to Lauri. He has been always a nice guy with the fans and I never thought I could see Lauri behaving like that.
I'm a bit sad about it. We travelled from Valencia just like last year to see them and one year ago he was fantastic with us and we took pictures with all the band. I'm dissapointed with Lauri, seriously. And I'm talking being a great fan of this band I love.

The venue was completely full (around 2500 people). You can see some picture I took here:

Trick or treat is a funny band, they play some melodic stuff and they are very funny. It was cool to see. Helloween is a band that I'm not very fan of but the show was good and Deris was awesome, he speaks spanish, I didn't know that. He was talking a lot in Spanish.

Well, another Stratovarius chapter in my life.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:59 am

He spoke a lot of french too...

Wow, I cant understand what happened to Lauri... he was fucking nice in Paris!!!
Maybe a personal bad new, dunno... :s
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:09 am

Arkash wrote:He spoke a lot of french too...

Wow, I cant understand what happened to Lauri... he was fucking nice in Paris!!!
Maybe a personal bad new, dunno... :s
So he knows french too? But I'm not telling about saying some words, etc, etc, He was speaking clearley well-constructed conversations. Wow, he knows some languages seems.

About Lauri, that's one of the thing I thought too. He is always a nice guy, I can't understand why that behaviour.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:16 am

The show was really crowded! There was a very long queue and we two were quite worried about the show because as we were constantly checking the website to check any new information, we were not absolutely sure whether Timo was going to sing or not.
Fortunately he sang, although he needed our help. I really wanna thank them all for go on with the show even though they were not feeling 100% well, and especially Timo, who is a professional and made a really big effort.
The visibility was not very good because as I am very short if I am not in the front row I cannot see anything despite I was wearing high heels :)
Helloween played well and the crowd was singing along all the songs.
As Raziel has just said, it was a weird incident with Lauri.
We didn't know what was happening to him. I think it must have been something really important because they have always been very professional and attended their fans very well as this is a job in which it is not only playing well and going home but you also have to attend your fans.
Once it was finished we wanted to stay out until they came out, but since it was really cold and we didn't know whether they were out or not we decided to go to the hotel.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 am

Well, then, he speaks a lot more spanish than french. It was really basic things he was telling in fench. I'll be really curious to see vids about him speaking spanish!!!

About Lauri, I dont know what to say, really sorry for you! :s

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:06 am

I'd be willing to say that Lauri must have had something he had to do, if he's always been a nice guy then I'm positive he didn't mean to leave so abruptly.
metal feeds the beast

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:27 am

Arkash wrote:Well, then, he speaks a lot more spanish than french. It was really basic things he was telling in fench. I'll be really curious to see vids about him speaking spanish!!!

Actually the reason why Andi speaks so well spanish is bc he lives in Spain (Tenerife) i think since 1998 :)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:52 am

WOW! Look at that fucking truck! CRAZY. No sexy pictures of yourself like before? I need to see you. I print them out and have a passionate hour of love with them. (nude Raziel pics)
Lurdi wrote:I was wearing high heels :)

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Kmasters wrote: Actually the reason why Andi speaks so well spanish is bc he lives in Spain (Tenerife) i think since 1998 :)
Oh yeah, that's true!!! He got his studios there!!!!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Arkash wrote:
Kmasters wrote: Actually the reason why Andi speaks so well spanish is bc he lives in Spain (Tenerife) i think since 1998 :)
Oh yeah, that's true!!! He got his studios there!!!!
:lol: I didn't know that! Now I understand his spanish accent.

Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Hello to everyone.
Do you know anything about the Milano show?

LauriPorra

Post by LauriPorra » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm

RazielSR wrote: On a negative note, we saw Matias and Lauri inside the venue, when Helloween was playing, and we soon noticed that they weren't (at least Lauri) willing to attend their fans. When they finished to sign two fans' cds we approached them just to take some pictures like always, and I took Lurdi one picture with Matias and Lauri, and when we were asking for one more with me, Lauri followed his path avoiding the situation without even saying bye because he didn't want to take more pictures. So I couldn't take any picture with him, Matias stayed at my side, really surprised for seeing Lauri's reaction and he apologized Lauri by saying he wanted to smoke a cigarette and looked how Matias dissapeared. Matias was cool and I took a picture with him.

I don't understand what happened to Lauri. He has been always a nice guy with the fans and I never thought I could see Lauri behaving like that.
I'm a bit sad about it. We travelled from Valencia just like last year to see them and one year ago he was fantastic with us and we took pictures with all the band. I'm dissapointed with Lauri, seriously. And I'm talking being a great fan of this band I love.
Please accept my apology i was in a hurry at that point, i should have stayed there for more photos. I did stay later that evening on front of the bus for like 20 minutes talking with everybody who was there signing stuff and taking photos. I do try to be as accessible to fans as possible and try to make sure that everybody gets what they want but sometimes when i am busy or in a middle of something else i might seem ignorant to you and i am sorry for that.

If you want to meet me or somebody else from the bands, the best way to do it is to hang around the bus after show. That is the best place for us usually to hang out with fans and i try to do it every day if anybody is around. Yesterday we (Me, Matias and Jens) also went with fans to a local bar to sign stuff, take photos and drink some beer with fans and locals. (and play some classics with jens playing melodica and me playing the noseflute :P )

I hope that if you come next time to see Stratovarius, we can provide a better concert and a better experience to you.

L

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:21 pm

LauriPorra wrote:
RazielSR wrote: On a negative note, we saw Matias and Lauri inside the venue, when Helloween was playing, and we soon noticed that they weren't (at least Lauri) willing to attend their fans. When they finished to sign two fans' cds we approached them just to take some pictures like always, and I took Lurdi one picture with Matias and Lauri, and when we were asking for one more with me, Lauri followed his path avoiding the situation without even saying bye because he didn't want to take more pictures. So I couldn't take any picture with him, Matias stayed at my side, really surprised for seeing Lauri's reaction and he apologized Lauri by saying he wanted to smoke a cigarette and looked how Matias dissapeared. Matias was cool and I took a picture with him.

Please accept my apology i was in a hurry at that point, i should have stayed there for more photos. I did stay later that evening on front of the bus for like 20 minutes talking with everybody who was there signing stuff and taking photos. I do try to be as accessible to fans as possible and try to make sure that everybody gets what they want but sometimes when i am busy or in a middle of something else i might seem ignorant to you and i am sorry for that.

If you want to meet me or somebody else from the bands, the best way to do it is to hang around the bus after show. That is the best place for us usually to hang out with fans and i try to do it every day if anybody is around. Yesterday we (Me, Matias and Jens) also went with fans to a local bar to sign stuff, take photos and drink some beer with fans and locals. (and play some classics with jens playing melodica and me playing the noseflute :P )

I hope that if you come next time to see Stratovarius, we can provide a better concert and a better experience to you.

L
Of course I accept your apologies. And yes, the best way is to be around the bus, that's what we use to do after the show and that's how we got always a lot of pictures, including you, who has been always really nice with all the fans. But when Helloween was playing, we decided to go to another part of the venue cause we are not very fans of the band, and it was a coincidence to see you in the left wing of the venue with almost no people and I didn't understand what happened mainly because of that, cause we have never seen anything like that from you, and now it's clear: you were in a hurry.

So, there's no problem. The concert was good and Stratosphere was great. I mean, you all played really well and you had your fantastic solo as always. You all seemed very happy, but I understand that poor Timo did his best and he was really professional singing with that problems. The whole experience was a bit weird because of the TK problem and this situation, but the whole thing. at the end of the day, was good I would say.

Thanks for your explanation and of course I'll go to see you again, and again and again.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Seems I'm not used to such a cordial band or band members. To me it seems you guys / gals are expecting quite a lot from them.

Nevermind, I know I'm not in the position to judge.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am

The road is free - I'm coming home...
Wooooowoooooohoooohoooh!

I'm sorry, I just had to share my tears with people who wouldnt understand what I can feel any time I listen to this song...

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:51 am

Music is a powerful thing and speaks to your emotions, those who don't understand this are not music fans.
metal feeds the beast