New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:05 pm

PROTOLOBO wrote:Hello to all the stratovarius band and fans,i am new at this forum...well,i'm from Spain and i started listening to strat months ago in youtube,and i love this band,really awesome songs(voice,sound,solos),who ll tell that internet will help in some cases to gain a new supporter instead of download music lol,i love the music of this band,reason to go to his own website(thing that i have never done with any other bands),well the issue it's that i asked to my girlfriend to give me as a(late) christmass present this new album,Elysium and i have some songs that i can't see in the normal album(like event horizon),but i don't have civilization and new horizon as an example in my digipack and my single albums.

I am starting to buy strat CDs one by one asking for them in FNAC(a shop)

If i new that strat came here 2 weeks ago,i ll have gone to madrid or barcelona to see them,holy shit.

the digipack album it's really hard to see xD,well,i liked the new album,maybe a bit less than the older ones,but it's really good.

Could someone tell me how to get those songs i don't have in my digipack album(those japanesse versions that weren't included too)?

Are the songs of my 2 CDs demo versions or,just one of them?because looking at the name of the songs of normal elysium,i can't find those ones in my own pack.I don't know if i really have the album or just a demo album lol.

I am sorry if i wrote some grammar mistakes,i haven't speak and write in english for some years.
Hola!

Civilization and New horizon were preliminar song names, those are not in the final release with that name.

You have Hallowed and Last Shore in the 7" vinyl, and Castaway in the japanese version. Those are the 3 bonus songs.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

PROTOLOBO

Post by PROTOLOBO » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Holy shit...or 2º time,my reply wasn't send..

well i have a big problem, and i am not going to write again some things,but i ll say this.My first Cd and my second CD of elysium (digipack version) are the same!! same songs,same times! and i can't hear those supossed songs of 4:11 darkest hours or under flaming skies 3:53 in my CDs.i have a 4:28 darkest hours and a 4:12 flaming skies as an example,that happens with all the songs except fairness justified and maybe the game never ends.

I need to know if that's a recording mistake for all the discs or just mine,so i ll change it in the shop.
like i said...i have 2 cds that are the same one.
So it will be stupid to have 2 times the same discs.

PROTOLOBO

Post by PROTOLOBO » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:56 pm

i changed it,so now i ve got 2 diferent dics,well,anyway thz Raziel for the info,no sabia que tenian otros nombres las canciones antes de sacarlas definitivamente.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Another interview with Jörg in spanish: http://www.goetiametal.com/entrevistas/ ... s2011.html
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:50 pm

And another interview with Matias in German here:
http://vampster.com/artikel/show/37871_ ... view_.html

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Here's a new one with Jörg in English:
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showinterview.php?id=3686

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Jakster

Post by Jakster » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Hey guys!

First of all, really great work on the new album! I am very excited about the new songs, they're really good.

There's one thing with my copy of the album, I bought the collectors edition of it (ordered it at amazon germany) and it came today, I ripped the foil off like a savage and put "the only CD I could find" into my pc and listened to the album just to find out that there were only the mp3 demo tracks on it.. whatever ideas you guys from the band have of "demo tracks" (they sounded almost like a completely mastered record, I thought I was listening to the actual thing) I suppose this is not correct? :cry:

I searched the case for maybe half an hour now trying to find a hidden second CD but nothing there, so I'm asking you guys here: If you have the CE or know how exactly it's supposed to be, should there be more tracks on my CD or is there a second CD that is missing in my copy?

Whatever went wrong, I already ordered a replacement record ... I'm not mad or anything since the songs are so good I'm nothing but happy about the music right now! :D Just thought it might also interest you since the Porto already mentioned that there was something wrong with his CDs..

Best regards,
Thomas

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Jakster wrote:There's one thing with my copy of the album, I bought the collectors edition of it (ordered it at amazon germany) and it came today, I ripped the foil off like a savage and put "the only CD I could find" into my pc and listened to the album just to find out that there were only the mp3 demo tracks on it.. whatever ideas you guys from the band have of "demo tracks" (they sounded almost like a completely mastered record, I thought I was listening to the actual thing) I suppose this is not correct? :cry:
The finished songs and demos are on the same CD. Opening it in your computer will see the mp3 forms, but playing in a normal stereo will access the completed songs. Proper rippers like dbpoweramp and exact audio copy can see both sessions, I don't know if yours can or not.

Jakster

Post by Jakster » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 pm

Oh wow... thanks for clearing everything up. Haha!

I put the disc in my stereo and it played the CDA files, the funny thing is: I played the CD with Winamp and wondered why the demos sounded so extremely good since I only saw them in the explorer, but I never actually played one of the mp3s! :lol:

Now I listened to some of the actual demos and everything's alright, that was a bit confusing.. :wink:

Right now I'm thinking about getting a ticket for Sunday when the tour's near my town!

So, thanks again. :)

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:32 am

UnaInZodiac

Post by UnaInZodiac » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:18 pm

mocobhc,
you are talented finding these interviews for all of us :spin3:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:29 pm

:lol:
Who claimed I have a huge Lauri issue, it's all for the forums' sake :x

...nah it's just a way to justify to myself that I "have to" search for news everyday :cry:

WinterBlack

Post by WinterBlack » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:55 pm

I was looking the credits... what the fuck is "Teuton Choir"? :?
WinterBlack

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:59 pm

WinterBlack wrote:I was looking the credits... what the fuck is "Teuton Choir"? :?
WHAT THE FUCK IS IT? :x :x :x :x

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutons :x

Febo

Post by Febo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:28 am

mocobhc wrote:Interview with Lauri:
http://www.lacriticamusical.com/index.p ... tas/40/197
I don't think it's alright how Strato members seem to hesitate when they're asked about what they'd do in case Tolkki wanted to rejoin them.

Even if the question is tough, they should show some respect to Matias by setting the situation all clear and give him his place instead of just saying "mmmm, I think we're better as we are now"

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Guess they try to find a balance between not pissing off the die hard old fans who still can't accept how things went and the one person who pretty much "was" Stratovarius, and on the other hand encouraging Matias in what he's doing and reassure themselves that they went the right way.
Personally I believe Matias (and Lauri before) were the best that could happen to revive an already clinically dead band, so I feel the same way you do - but I understand that it's can't be that easy (or maybe the opposite, what do I know about their feelings) for the band members.

To continue the interview flood, on Wednesday afternoon Jörg will be interviewed here:
http://www.rockradio.de/sendung_info.ph ... 0Radiozeit
I'm gonna be at work at that time and won't be able to hear it, hopefully one may re-stream it later.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm pretty sure they would never let Timo come back to the band, but obviously they don't want to say bad things about him either. This is probably the best option they have when answering to such questions.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 am

mocobhc wrote: Personally I believe Matias (and Lauri before) were the best that could happen to revive an already clinically dead band
+1

And that's exactly what some people don't understand. Anyway, from Elysium release, people is starting to understand, mainly because the album is kicking asses everywhere. And it's better for Tolkki too, to be in another band.
Beast_Pete wrote: I'm pretty sure they would never let Timo come back to the band, but obviously they don't want to say bad things about him either. This is probably the best option they have when answering to such questions.
Yes, that's an option that can't be real.

The interview with Matias is really interesting. We are having a lot of interviews in Elysium era!

:)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm

LOST IN TRANSLATION! :cyclop: :cyclop: :cyclop: :cyclop: :crazy1:

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Russian edition released on Jan 17, 2011 by Soyuz Music (Союз-Мьюзик), barcode 4601250371580

South Korean edition released on Feb 15, 2011 by Loen Entertainment, catalogue number L100004238, barcode 8804775038877

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:59 pm

VictorTDD wrote:Russian edition released on Jan 17, 2011 by Soyuz Music (Союз-Мьюзик), barcode 4601250371580

South Korean edition released on Feb 15, 2011 by Loen Entertainment, catalogue number L100004238, barcode 8804775038877
Would you happen to have english links to order them?

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Tero-75 wrote:Would you happen to have english links to order them?
No, it's difficult to buy them. :? Maybe I can help you to buy korean edition later, I'm still waiting for some more info about that.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:54 pm

The German radio interview with Jörg was pretty interesting, I try to sum up a bit:

About the writing processes for Elysium and Polaris:
Polaris needed a lot of effort from the whole band, especially Lauri put a lot of work into it, Matias did concentrate more on the playing aspects. Now with Elysium, Matias gained more self confidence, had more than enough stuff to fill a whole album on his own. He evolved into the new musical director and they decided to let him produce the album after they heard his demos were great quality. All in all, in earlier days the potential of the other band members was rather ignored, nowadays everyone contributes a lot to the whole process. The process of getting done a song could now be compared to a christmas tree: One guy provides the tree, and the whole family decorates it. In comparison to earlier albums, they did meet more often to record and evolve their ideas and the album.

About the band nowadays:
He thinks they lost a big amount of credibility when the fans had to read everyday what TT made up in his mind, so that finally one had to think to oneself "that band has turned into a mere joke now". They all try to leave the past behind and want to convince people with their new music.

About the tour with Helloween:
They're glad to be able to play for a bigger audience in this package and want to show and convince people that the band is functioning again.

About Elysium:
Record label asked them if they'd cut the song Elysium into three parts cause they could make more out of selling it in pieces via itunes, but they refused.
He thinks they didn't have enough time to polish the lyrics for the album together with Timo (not the content/themes, but some of the word choice and "sound" of the passages).
They think of making a video for Under Flaming Skies, which will be released as a single in Finland :)
Btw The Game Never Ends is his favourite song of the album.

About a DVD:
They partly record stuff of the current tours, but nothing professional. They don't want to publish the older stuff with the old lineup anymore - only thing he could think of would be some kind of "limited treasure chest" for die hard fans. But they rather want to concentrate on enough new stuff to release a professional DVD in the next years.

http://www.germanrock.de/interviews_show.php?id=165

And here's a video interview with Matias:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmxAKDZN04E

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:24 am

Btw The Game Never Ends is his favourite song of the album.
That's no question! Though it's hard to choose when all the songs are great.

BTW, Jörg was playing air drums after their show in Hlohovec and really liked the song Elysium, he was always saying "wow, I just love this part, Matias!", "it's a fuckign great song Matias", "ahhh, I think this demo version's drumming is even better than the released one".
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:04 am

Well, he's totally right with that, I always think exactly the same when I listen to it. There are some parts where the drumming is simply divine :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38 am

mocobhc wrote: About Elysium:
Record label asked them if they'd cut the song Elysium into three parts cause they could make more out of selling it in pieces via itunes, but they refused.
And that's a great decision and I say THANKS to the band for that. Fuck itunes and fuck the label, the song is perfect as a whole, stop splitting songs, that is the worst. THANKS STRATO.

They think of making a video for Under Flaming Skies, which will be released as a single in Finland :)
PLEASE, DO IT!! WE NEED A NEW VIDEOCLIP! AND THAT SONG IS PERFECT!

The rest is more or less what he said in the interview in Madrid.

Many thanks for the translation, mocobhc!

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:40 pm

You're welcome!
I left out a lot though, but the rest pretty much wasn't real news.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:59 pm

And that's a great decision and I say THANKS to the band for that. Fuck itunes and fuck the label, the song is perfect as a whole, stop splitting songs, that is the worst. THANKS STRATO.
yes those kinds of things are what people need to do, fuck the label that put money into the band, fuck the label that let them release it as they wanted even if it was not the labels first choice, fuck the tour support they have been giving stratovarius , fuck the distribution and marketing , fuck the energy the label has put into the band. just fuck the record deal. one can go further and fuck the fans the bought a product the label put out or helped make happen, fuck the fans that saw a concert.

for me, thanks to the band for putting out the record and thanks to the label for the support and help they have been giving stratovarius

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:57 pm

icecab21 wrote:
yes those kinds of things are what people need to do, fuck the label that put money into the band, fuck the label that let them release it as they wanted even if it was not the labels first choice, fuck the tour support they have been giving stratovarius , fuck the distribution and marketing , fuck the energy the label has put into the band. just fuck the record deal. one can go further and fuck the fans the bought a product the label put out or helped make happen, fuck the fans that saw a concert.

for me, thanks to the band for putting out the record and thanks to the label for the support and help they have been giving stratovarius
You are really naive, dude.

Well, I appreciate the effort of the label, but of course Icecab, the label supports something they know it's a valuable thing.
Stratovarius is a valuable good.
OK, the band was at a really bad point at certain moments, but I suppose it was even more valuable at that point for certain labels like EarMusic, a new one having not much value.
I mean, fot EarMusic has been amazing to find Stratovarius like that.

If Stratovarius had never been almost forgotten because of the situation we all know, I suppose Ear Music would have never been the Stratovarius label. So I think there was interest for both parts. I don't know if you understand what I mean, cause sometimes I'm not sure if it is because of my bad english or because the way we mediterranean/spanish people talks.

Labels = money. If you think the label is in love with the band or the label made Stratovarius arise...cmon dude...
For me, a label wanting to split songs because it would be more people downloading from itunes...To split ELYSIUM song because of that and not because of the band's desire, it is perfect for me to say: fuck the label.

I suppose EarMusic was like the "savior" the band, but I think now the label will kiss Stratovarius ass for continue with them. So, I want the band releasing what they want, not what the label wants. And I'm happy to know they wanted to release the song as 1. Well, I think Jens didn't want that. Musically and artistically it was a good move.

So, don't come here telling me that I can't say fuck the label for wanting Elysium 1-2-3, cause I will say it even more.