New Symfonia song on YouTube 'In Paradisum'

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratodan1990
New Symfonia song on YouTube 'In Paradisum'

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCB6GDeaS4

So, what do you guys think? It's pretty good when it gets into it, I like some parts but some of the other samples i'm looking forward to more.

Certainly an improvement to RR?! Your thoughts?

mmarton88

Re: New Symfonia song on YouTube 'In Paradisum'

Post by mmarton88 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCB6GDeaS4

So, what do you guys think? It's pretty good when it gets into it, I like some parts but some of the other samples i'm looking forward to more.

I've checked that song and also these samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTs0ZiUR74

These will be first impressons so everything can change a lot during the next weeks. :) But:

Timo has once again written Stratovarius songs for guys who are not Stratovarius members. It seems to me that he's chosen very well the guys around him. The keyboard player's style is very very similar to Jens, the drummer also plays like Jörg.

My main problem is with Matos. He is not a Timo Kotipelto. Different voice different possibilities/abilities. I like him but these heighs are not suitable for him in the fast samples. In this team I think he is the weakest link. We'll see the final result.

But the In Paradisum song is pretty good. Epic, catchy, but a little bit too similiar (and not so good in quality) to Timo's previus works. :S But I like it. :) It would be nice to hear it with the singing of Mr. Kotipelto... :D

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:45 pm

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:54 pm

My main problem is with Matos. He is not a Timo Kotipelto. Different voice different possibilities/abilities. I like him but these heighs are not suitable for him in the fast samples. In this team I think he is the weakest link. We'll see the final result.
I agree. See, what I liked about Elysium was that there weren't many songs pushed to vocal limits and they took a bit of a step back and that worked. I can't help but feel like there trying too hard to 'impress', eg. the held note. But that said...it sounds like an improvement. 'Come By the Hills' sounds the best song yet for his vocal range.

Musically its like RR and Strato combined. Whether this will work i'm still not sure...Look forward to hearing these songs in full quality though...if I recall rightly that version is ripped from a radio channel.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:58 pm

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:10 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCB6GDeaS4

That sounds like two fat opera singers fucking.

---...---

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:13 pm

I like Mikko's first solo. This is promising

J.S. Bach

Post by J.S. Bach » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Promising? :lol:

I wouldn't bet my cut toenails on that sort of arpeggio diahrrea madness or on any of that 10 minutes long repetitive cat moaning. We could guess that the meaning of creativity has taken unexpected paths and bifurcations over the last few years. Something along the lines of: The same shit over and over again.

But who am I to judge? :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Coulda chunked out about 3-4 minutes of that and not lost anything. It's not that the material was bad, just repetitive

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Timo gave the lyrics of the song too:

IN PARADISUM (Tolkki-Matos)

“ In paradisum deducant te angeli, et haberem requiem”

Angels are calling,
They're singing my name
I've been caught in the meadow
And hung in the air
When the last stars are falling,
I'll sleep far away
Let them carry me over
To heaven

Warriors are flying to Paradise
Ten thousand beacons standing in line
Preaching salvation, the future comes
No more infection, the world as one!

Strive and stand - clean the land
Obbey the call - redeem us all

Time, how precious is time
When life goes by
Time, how needless is time
In Paradise

Out in the night
By the moonlight, I'll miss you
Somewhere above, I'll be watching below
Turning all hate to purity
Providing peace and tranquility
Making your dreams alive
Bringing love to your heart...

Spread your wings and fly
Join me up in the sky
Angels lead us on
Through the wilderness of fate

Time, how precious is time
When life goes by
Time, how needless is time
In Paradise

Time, how needless is time...

///

well that youtube quality is horrible, sounded much better at radio heh, of course everyone always think how TK sings this and that TT song, even me. But i like Matos singing, very crystal clear there :)

Elz

Post by Elz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh My Fucking God! There's no words to say how good is this. I have very strong feeling that this will be lot of better than strato (sorry guys)!!
And Andre was absolutely the best choise, how can somebody sing that good :shock: BTW tomorrow FME, see ya there :D

Febo

Post by Febo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Imo, te song is nothing above average...

I've listened to that chorus before... (Revolution, evolution, Revolution renaissance, Revolution, evolution, Finding our way back to light, Revolution, resolution, Revolution renaissance,, Revolution, resolution, Out of the darkest night).

I hate comparisons, but I'd say this song is a joke next to Elysium's title track.

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:00 pm

:) Jaja Just so!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 pm

RR

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:20 pm

In Paradisium has a... Tolkki-Avantasian feel I sorta like, and with the chorus in the back reminds me to The Tower.
However, I've never really liked Tolkki's midd tempo songs, except maybe Revolution Renaissance (which I werid since it was nothing special).
At Mikko's solo I also kindda went back to Sonata Arctica's Silence in Weballegry. I like that Mikko gets to play something. I can't recall any particullary good solo in Cain's Offering, but then again I never liked that band, except for two songs.
The last song I really really liked from Tolkki was Heroes, and I think that's the best type of music he makes. I want something like that.
But it's far better than RR for instance.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:21 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote: At Mikko's solo I also kindda went back to Sonata Arctica's Silence in Weballegry. I like that Mikko gets to play something. I can't recall any particullary good solo in Cain's Offering, but then again I never liked that band, except for two songs.
/thread

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:05 am

J.S. Bach wrote:Promising? :lol:

I wouldn't bet my cut toenails on that sort of arpeggio diahrrea madness or on any of that 10 minutes long repetitive cat moaning. We could guess that the meaning of creativity has taken unexpected paths and bifurcations over the last few years. Something along the lines of: The same shit over and over again.

I agree with this Bach. Maybe you can solve the problem and get drunk everyday until it doesn't sound like the same shit over and over again until you're sober.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:27 am

This from a man who made a career out of two chords.

Anyway, I can hear a lot of Stratovarius in there (wow, who saw that coming!) but I think it's a cool song. Catchy, nice solos (even if it sounds a bit like the high score in an 80's video game at 4:50) and lots of nice Tolkki-esque touches here and there. Very epic, I like the choirs.

Let's see what the whole album is. Matos' voice is great as always... very different to Kotipelto obviously... I like that insanely high tone, so that's just me.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:28 am

robocop656 wrote:

I agree with this Bach. Maybe you can solve the problem and get drunk everyday until it doesn't sound like the same shit over and over again until you're sober.
No no, you have that confused with how to deal with life.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:35 am

You know me too well... :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:59 am

It sounds good, i think that it also sounds pretty similar to the song "revolution renaissance" and personally i don't like those kind of "chorus " it's the only thing i never liked about stratovarius even in the new album elysium (which i think is awesome) i don't like these kind of chorus like in the song "fairness justified" or from elements album "soul of a vagabond" etc. I really hate these "chorus" that anyway are impossible to play live.

Back to the point, I was expecting something fresh from Symfonia something new having in mind that we have Matos in the band (if anybody has listened to the album "time to be free" by Andre Matos would know about it, it's just amazing), and not the same line, very good though. I'm buying it anyway. Let's support it.

Cheers! Elysium rules!

Can't wait to see you guys here in Monterrey,Mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 am

MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:00 am

I almost didn't make it past the two minute mark. Then it got kinda good, then it went average. Not that impressive considering the people involved, though I will definitely check out the full album when its out.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:52 am

An ok song for me, not the best from Tolkki. Similar to Revolution Renaissance song. Comparing some long songs like Destiny, Infinity or Visions wit this one is just...
I hope this is gonna be the worst song for me in the album. Anyway, it is cool to hear the riffs by Tolkki and the keys by Mikko. The "celestial" voices...well.... :? For me the song should be around 5-6 minutes, there are about 3 minutes that for me, are not necessary.

Not a bad song, but not a song that impress me. But hey, it's normal, every album have one of these songs that you don't like that much. It's just my opinion.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:25 pm

I agree with the majority, I just hope this is the worst song on the album too. What will make this an improvement to RR is probably song quality - In Trinity this was where the album got hit hard. I'm still not certain that I 'like' the vocalist, trying a bit too hard to be Mr. Kotipelto? He needs to sounds like Matos for it to sound better.

It sounds like there will be more guitar/keyboard solos though-look forward to hearing more of them. But in this song I just heard 'Revolution, Evolution, Revolution Renaissance' which in my opinion was one of RR's worst songs ever.

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Aber doch! Sorry to disappoint you! But this is said to be the BEST and most representative song for this album. That is why they have put it up. I like its RR-style, but there are to little drums and sopranosax. :x :x

Balu

Post by Balu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Pretty much an average Strato song with a lot worse musicians. Especially Matos, such a terrible voice (even though he's technically good).

foerg

Post by foerg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:39 pm

NeonVomit wrote: Catchy, nice solos (even if it sounds a bit like the high score in an 80's video game at 4:50) and lots of nice Tolkki-esque touches here and there. Very epic, I like the choirs..
not as good as dragonforce does ;-)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Febo wrote:Imo, te song is nothing above average...

I've listened to that chorus before... (Revolution, evolution, Revolution renaissance, Revolution, evolution, Finding our way back to light, Revolution, resolution, Revolution renaissance,, Revolution, resolution, Out of the darkest night).

I hate comparisons, but I'd say this song is a joke next to Elysium's title track.
what rip off!! is the same exactly chorus!!, I swear to god is in the same exact note and then the high octave...fuck...... :x
A9

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 pm

It is VERY similar indeed. But never the less, some of the other samples sounded better. I'll give it a try when they're released.

3:45 - has a good melody there that could've been expanded on. Good solos there, like the video game sounding part.
That sounds like two fat opera singers fucking.
Too much 'Visions' for my own good :crazy1: